Thread: Police Identify Murder Victim As Stephanie Crone-Overholts (47) After Her Remains Were Found Floating In Tampa Bay

Police Identify Murder Victim As Stephanie Crone-Overholts (47) After Her Remains Were Found Floating In Tampa Bay

https://news.yahoo.com/police-identi...200500194.html

Human remains found floating in Florida earlier this month have been identified as a mother who had recently relocated to the state.

The remains, which included at least one leg, were spotted floating in McKay Bay, a part of Tampa Bay, by fishermen on Nov. 11. Shortly after, the Tampa Police released an image of a tattoo from one of the victim?s legs along with a plea for help in identifying the body.

The victim has now been identified as Stephanie Crone-Overholts, 47, of Lutz, Fox13 of Tampa Bay reported over the weekend. Local outlets are reporting that she was murdered.
    Crone-Overholts had not been reported missing. She had recently moved to Florida from Pennsylvania.

"My family and I are devastated,? Sean Overholt?s eldest son Sean told FOX 13 in a statement. ?This has been a living nightmare, It is unimaginable what she went through. My mother will be deeply missed.?

Sean is one of three names on Crone-Overholts tattoo, along with three hearts.

Crone-Overholt?s 2008 Hyundai Elantra was located by police last week but it?s not yet known where it was found. While it's unclear when she vanished, her final Facebook activity was on Oct. 22 when she posted a new profile photo. According to her social media, she loved motorcycles and previously worked for Harley-Davidson in Erie, Pennsylvania.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I saw when they released the photo of the tattoo. That's so sad. Obviously it has to be foul play since she was dismembered. I hope they don't just ignore this case and they actually try to figure out what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/breaki...-in-mckay-bay/

New details emerge in death of Lutz woman found dismembered in McKay Bay

Investigators searching a Lutz man’s home, including the bedroom of his 8-year-old daughter, found blood and DNA from a woman whose dismembered body was found in Tampa’s McKay Bay, an arrest affidavit said.

The man, Robert Kessler, 69, was arrested Wednesday on charges of second-degree murder and abuse of a dead human body in the slaying of Stephanie Crone-Overholts, 47. An arrest affidavit describes the investigation into the discovery of a leg and other body parts Nov. 11 and 12.
    Police later interviewed two people who had been fishing near the 22nd Street Bridge at McKay Bay about 3:30 p.m. on Nov. 7 when they heard a series of splashes, according to the affidavit. They went to investigate, heard a louder splash and saw a man dropping a bag into the water, the affidavit said.

They gave police a description of the man and a car. Surveillance video at the Port of Tampa corroborated their account.

A third witness reported he was paddling and fishing in the area two days later, Nov. 9. when he saw a man throw bins into the water, the report said. The witness paddled to the bins to see what was inside but didn’t open them because of a foul smell, the affidavit said.

Cell phone data placed Kessler in the area at the time, the report said.

Investigators later located the bins and identified Crone-Overholts as the victim, tracking her to a Lutz home owned by Kessler that she had listed as her address.

They interviewed Kessler on Nov. 14 and he told them that Crone-Overholts lived with him for several weeks, the affidavit said. They met at a McDonald’s restaurant in the area and he invited her to stay in his daughter’s bedroom, the affidavit said.

Kessler said when he got home Nov. 5, Crone-Overholts wasn’t there, the affidavit said. Kessler said he couldn’t remember when had last seen her and didn’t know where she had gone.

Cell phone data showed both Kessler and Crone-Overholts were using the same nearby cell tower the night of Nov. 5, contradicting Kessler’s statement, the affidavit said. The last call Crone-Overholts made from her phone was the night of Nov. 5, the affidavit said.

A fourth witness, identified as Kessler’s 8-year-old daughter, said Crone-Overholts had been living with her and her father for about a week. She said the woman had called her father a number of times while he was at the girl’s gymnastics class Nov. 5, the affidavit said.

The last time the girl saw Crone-Overholts was after the class, she told investigators. The woman had asked for $200 and was arguing with her father, she said. Kessler told his daughter to go to sleep and the next day, informed her that Crone-Overholts had been picked up by her boyfriend, the girl told investigators.

Kessler threw away some of Crone-Overholts’ things and put some in the trunk of Crone-Overholts’ car, the girl told investigators. Two days later, her father told the girl he took the car to return it to Crone-Overholts, she said.

Surveillance video from Nov. 7 shows a man resembling Kessler driving the car into a parking lot in the 2200 block of E Bearss Avenue, the report said. The man opened car doors and the trunk and removed a white bag, the affidavit said.

Cell phone data puts Kessler in the Bearss Avenue location around the same time, the affidavit said. A police K-9 later detected blood or decomposing remains on the rear passenger door.

An autopsy turned up wounds consistent with a possible stabbing as well as defensive injuries, leading the Hillsborough County Medical Examiner’s Office to determine that Crone-Overholts was the victim of a homicide, the affidavit said.

Detectives obtained a search warrant Nov. 20 and found blood visible throughout Kessler’s house and car, the affidavit said. A lab analysis linked blood and DNA found during the searches to Crone-Overholts, the report said.

In an interview with investigators Nov. 23, Kessler said he had recently redecorated his daughter’s room and installed new carpet, the report said.
    Kessler has faced criminal charges on some 40 occasions since 1986, mainly involving the sale of cocaine and related offenses in the Tampa Bay area, according to Florida Department of Law Enforcement records. He has been sentenced to state prison at least four times, the longest for seven years in 2000 and the most recent for two years in 2011.

He dumped the body parts at 3:30 in the afternoon?? What a moron, everyone knows you do that shit in the early morning hours.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Ha! By the sounds of it, this man dragged a leaking sack of parts throughout the house, sawed her apart in the daughter's room or something, used a bloody nub to paint the walls, but then like laid a new carpet?

Thread Information