Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: LaDexter Pelt and John Dubose Jr., Missing Since 11/5/21

  1. #1
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    10,813
    Rep Power
    21474857

    LaDexter Pelt and John Dubose Jr., Missing Since 11/5/21

    I couldn't find social media for either....I might have found an old one for John but wasn't sure so didn't want to post it.

    I can't believe 2 men are just missing out of thin air. The place where LaDexter's phone led cops to a search (Madison and Hillsdale) is NOT a good area. My husband actually lived near there when we first met, and I would hear gunshots all the time.

    Police find cell phones, surveillance video of missing Alabama men who disappeared in Sacramento area

    SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KTXL) ? Gridley police said they have found cell phones believed to belong to two Alabama men who have been missing since earlier this month, as well as surveillance footage of their last known location.

    LaDexter Pelt and John Dubose Jr. of Alabama have been missing since Nov. 5. Family members said the pair were visiting friends in the Sacramento area.

    Pelt is the son of Tracey Hunter, a councilwoman for the city of Eutaw in Alabama. She and her family drove to Sacramento last week to speak with authorities and help in the search.

    ?I have every reason to be concerned because my child would?ve called me by now,? Hunter told FOX40 days after her son went missing.

    Police in Gridley told FOX40 Pelt and Dubose Jr. were last seen in their city, about an hour north of downtown Sacramento. The families said neither man has been to Gridley before, and they have no acquaintances in the area.

    In a Facebook post, police said that on Nov. 7, they obtained ?investigative information? related to both men?s cell phones.

    While coordinating their efforts with the Sutter County Sheriff?s Office, investigators learned that a hunter found a cell phone belonging to Dubose Jr. in the Sutter Bypass Wildlife Area, near the Feather River Bridge crossing.

    A search of the area the next day yielded no additional information, officials said.

    On Nov. 9, investigators obtained information from cell phone providers about a phone in Pelt?s possession that led to a search of the area surrounding the Super 8 by Wyndham motel on Madison Avenue and Hillsdale Boulevard in Sacramento, officials said. No additional information on the pair?s whereabouts was found in the search.

    Gridley police also obtained surveillance footage through the Sacramento County Sheriff?s Office on Nov. 10, showing Pelt and Dubose Jr. entering a dark blue 4-door sedan at the Sacramento International Airport just after 11 a.m. on Nov. 4.

    No additional information about the vehicle is available, police said.

    The disappearance of Pelt and Dubose Jr. remains under investigation. Anyone with information is asked to contact Gridley Police at 530-846-5670.
    https://fox40.com/news/local-news/po...cramento-area/


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  2. #2
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    6,968
    Rep Power
    21474858
    So they disappeared as soon as they left the airport?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  3. #3
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    10,813
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    So they disappeared as soon as they left the airport?
    It's kind of confusing. Every article i have read seems like they are somehow all over the place near Sac. Last spotted in Gridley, one phone last pinged in Sutter Bypass Wildlife Area, and the other's phone led them to North Highlands area of Sac (which is about 15 mins from me).

    Here is another article:

    SACRAMENTO (NNPA) – Police in California and the Black and Missing Foundation seek assistance in locating two African American men from Alabama who went missing after they arrived in Sacramento on Friday, November 5.

    Authorities said LaDexter Pelt, 25, of Greene County, Alabama, and John DuBose Jr., 20, of Tuscaloosa, Alabama, boarded a flight after Pelt celebrated his birthday.
    Authorities said they know that the men arrived in California, but their whereabouts remain a mystery.

    Heightening the tension, a hunter found a cell phone that belongs to Dubose, and police said it last pinged in the Sutter Bypass Wildlife Area, an approximately 3,200-acre region that includes two long, narrow parcels on each side.

    Police have searched the area and have reportedly questioned the hunter but have not developed any new leads.

    “This is a case that we’re very much watching,” said Derrica Wilson, the co-founder of the Black and Missing Foundation, which has spotlighted the plight of missing people of color for 14 years.

    https://sacobserver.com/2021/11/fami...in-california/
    And another:

    According to police, on Nov. 7 cellphones belonging to the men were discovered. This prompted law enforcement to request information from cellphone providers. Police also followed up on where and who found the phones, and with the help of Sutter County deputies, police talked with a hunter who found one of the phones — which belonged to Dubose — in the Sutter Bypass Wildlife Area near the town of Nicolaus. The next day, law enforcement searched the area but didn't find any additional information as to where the men are.

    On Nov. 9, police received information from the cell phone provider of the phone belonging to Ladexter. The information put the men's location in Sacramento. Law enforcement followed up on the information searching the area around the Super 8 Wyndham Hotel near Business 80 and Madison Avenue. But law enforcement found nothing there to further their investigation.

    The next day, Nov. 10, GPD got Surveillance video from Sacramento County deputies with the Airpot Burau that showed both men get into a dark blue sedan and left the Sacramento airport. That video was dated Nov. 4 at just after 11 a.m.

    Police said the men flew from Alabama to California on Nov. 4. Law enforcement said no one heard from the man since Nov. 5 and they reported the men missing on Nov. 6. Police said their last known location was around the city of Gridley.

    https://www.abc10.com/article/news/l...5-d631adc672dd


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  4. #4
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    6,968
    Rep Power
    21474858
    Not looking good in any case.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  5. #5
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    10,813
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Not looking good in any case.
    You travel with a friend probably thinking you are safe. Sad.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  6. #6
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    20,180
    Rep Power
    21474865
    At first I was speculating that perhaps the driver did something to them after picking them up from the airport. However it says that people heard from them on the 5th which is the day after that. At any rate, they likely had to use UBER while there so maybe a driver targeted them? Or pretended to be an UBER and took the opportunity to rob them and do something with them?

    It really doesn't look good at any rate and they should center the search in the wildlife preserve because by the sounds of it, that's probably where someone disposed of their bodies. It doesn't sound like there would be any other reason for one of their phones to turn up there unless they were avid hikers and they don't strike me as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  7. #7
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    10,813
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    At first I was speculating that perhaps the driver did something to them after picking them up from the airport. However it says that people heard from them on the 5th which is the day after that. At any rate, they likely had to use UBER while there so maybe a driver targeted them? Or pretended to be an UBER and took the opportunity to rob them and do something with them?

    It really doesn't look good at any rate and they should center the search in the wildlife preserve because by the sounds of it, that's probably where someone disposed of their bodies. It doesn't sound like there would be any other reason for one of their phones to turn up there unless they were avid hikers and they don't strike me as that.
    The article states they were there to visit friends. Did the friends ever even see them?? Where were they supposed to be staying?? What have the friends said? So many questions and the articles I find don't state any answers to these.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  8. #8
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    6,968
    Rep Power
    21474858
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    It really doesn't look good at any rate and they should center the search in the wildlife preserve because by the sounds of it, that's probably where someone disposed of their bodies. It doesn't sound like there would be any other reason for one of their phones to turn up there unless they were avid hikers and they don't strike me as that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    The article states they were there to visit friends. Did the friends ever even see them?? Where were they supposed to be staying?? What have the friends said? So many questions and the articles I find don't state any answers to these.
    Is it my imagination or has the quality of journalism really degraded to the point that no one is even bothering to ask these questions? These are basic who, what, where, when, why, how questions. I understand the police can't share everything, but there is no indication an inquiry was ever made. "Police refused to comment on whether the men ever met up with their friends, citing the active investigation." Instead we get: 2 guys come to California to visit a friend, take an Uber from the airport, go missing, phone turns up in a wildlife refuge. It's crappy reporting, right? I require far more detail.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  9. #9
    Moderator puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    20,643
    Rep Power
    21474871
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post




    Is it my imagination or has the quality of journalism really degraded to the point that no one is even bothering to ask these questions? These are basic who, what, where, when, why, how questions. I understand the police can't share everything, but there is no indication an inquiry was ever made. "Police refused to comment on whether the men ever met up with their friends, citing the active investigation." Instead we get: 2 guys come to California to visit a friend, take an Uber from the airport, go missing, phone turns up in a wildlife refuge. It's crappy reporting, right? I require far more detail.
    Not your imagination at all Newspapers and other local media are in dire straits. They've fired all the copy editors, all the "old" reporters have died, or retired. The youngsters don't have anyone to train them upright and, they're busy filming their own stories and heading back to the paper or the tv station to edit their own stories. In the old days, all a reporter had to do was ask questions and either record or write down the answers. Write it up and give it to someone who'd clean up the spelling and grammar and ask you wtf is this sentence supposed to mean?!? And the reporter had the seasoning to know that yeah, you talk to the man in charge, but then you go down the hall to talk to the woman who really knows what's going on. Now some wet behind the ears kid doesn't have one clue and they have to try to do it all ... once in a while you get a good one, and the PTB are so intimidated they do everything the can to run that person out of town.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  10. #10
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    6,968
    Rep Power
    21474858
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Not your imagination at all Newspapers and other local media are in dire straits. They've fired all the copy editors, all the "old" reporters have died, or retired. The youngsters don't have anyone to train them upright and, they're busy filming their own stories and heading back to the paper or the tv station to edit their own stories. In the old days, all a reporter had to do was ask questions and either record or write down the answers. Write it up and give it to someone who'd clean up the spelling and grammar and ask you wtf is this sentence supposed to mean?!? And the reporter had the seasoning to know that yeah, you talk to the man in charge, but then you go down the hall to talk to the woman who really knows what's going on. Now some wet behind the ears kid doesn't have one clue and they have to try to do it all ... once in a while you get a good one, and the PTB are so intimidated they do everything the can to run that person out of town.
    Thank you, I thought I was just being old and cranky. You make sense.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  11. #11
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    10,813
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post




    Is it my imagination or has the quality of journalism really degraded to the point that no one is even bothering to ask these questions? These are basic who, what, where, when, why, how questions. I understand the police can't share everything, but there is no indication an inquiry was ever made. "Police refused to comment on whether the men ever met up with their friends, citing the active investigation." Instead we get: 2 guys come to California to visit a friend, take an Uber from the airport, go missing, phone turns up in a wildlife refuge. It's crappy reporting, right? I require far more detail.
    And if I read it right, each of their phones turned up in 2 completely different areas.

    I hate to be the one to say it, but I wonder if these were 2 young white women, there would probably be a lot more info and investigation


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  12. #12
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    20,180
    Rep Power
    21474865
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    And if I read it right, each of their phones turned up in 2 completely different areas.

    I hate to be the one to say it, but I wonder if these were 2 young white women, there would probably be a lot more info and investigation
    You're not wrong. My theory is that whatever happened to them started at that motel where one phone was found and ended with them being dumped in the wildlife preserve where the other phone was found.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  13. #13
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    10,813
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    You're not wrong. My theory is that whatever happened to them started at that motel where one phone was found and ended with them being dumped in the wildlife preserve where the other phone was found.
    Yeah the area of that motel is pretty high crime. I don't even like driving around there during the day, you see lots of hookers walking the streets, among other things


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  14. #14
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    10,813
    Rep Power
    21474857
    BUTTE COUNTY (CBS13) – Murder charges were filed against two Butte County men after two Alabama men went missing in California last month.

    The bodies of the victims — Ladexter Pelt, 25, and John Dubose, 20 — have not yet been found.

    But how can murder charges be filed without a body? And how likely is a conviction?

    UC Hastings Law Professor John Myers says it’s uncommon but not impossible.

    “There has to be evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that the person is dead and that the defendant killed them, but you don’t have to have a body,” Myers told CBS13.

    He explained that without a body, the case has to be airtight.

    “There’s no question that if you do not have a body, that it’s more difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a murder has occurred,” he said. “You can’t have an autopsy, you don’t have an obvious victim, you don’t have wounds.”

    Investigators will have to rely on crime scene evidence and possibly cellphones to determine charges.

    Alabama residents Pelt and Dubose vanished in early November after traveling to California.

    Their concerned families called the Gridley Police Department in Butte County to report their loved ones missing. Investigators began their search, piecing together a timeline of events.

    That began on November 4 at the Sacramento International Airport where John Dubose and Ladexter Pelt were last seen.

    On November 8, Dubose’s cellphone was discovered in the Sutter Bypass Wildlife Area.

    “Then they’ll find out what’s on that phone,” Myers said. “That’s often a gold mine of evidence.”

    One day later, Pelt’s cellphone provider led investigators to the Wyndham Hotel in Sacramento.

    By November 13, the Butte County Sheriff’s Office determined Pelt and Dubose were murdered at a home in the Gridley area.

    The following day, Ricardo Banuelos-Villarreal, 30, and Alfredo Banuelos-Villarreal, 35, both of Gridley, had arrest warrants out for murder charges.

    See photos of both men below.

    Ricardo was arrested in Yuba City and is being held in the Butte County Jail. Alfredo is still missing.

    Butte County sheriff’s deputies are asking anyone who knows of the whereabouts of Alfredo or a 2008 Nissan Altima with a California license plate number 6VAR204 to contact them immediately.
    https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2021...ge-likeliness/


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  15. #15
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    20,180
    Rep Power
    21474865
    They obviously found something on those phones that mapped out what happened. Have they even tried searching the area where the phone was found at the wildlife area? That's got to be where they are and judging by how sloppy these guys were with the phones, they likely were just as sloppy with hiding the bodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  16. #16
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    10,813
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    They obviously found something on those phones that mapped out what happened. Have they even tried searching the area where the phone was found at the wildlife area? That's got to be where they are and judging by how sloppy these guys were with the phones, they likely were just as sloppy with hiding the bodies.
    That's what I was wondering. Seems like they aren't releasing a lot of info. I am curious to know how these guys ended up crossing paths. Was it totally random? Or targeted? Were they lured out there by these people?


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  17. #17
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    20,180
    Rep Power
    21474865
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That's what I was wondering. Seems like they aren't releasing a lot of info. I am curious to know how these guys ended up crossing paths. Was it totally random? Or targeted? Were they lured out there by these people?
    I hate to say it, but it's possible that they were looking for drugs and came across the wrong people. I might be wrong, but think about it. If they traveled by plane they couldn't take any with them and if they normally partook in them and were on vacation, they'd want them. The friends that they were visiting should be grilled about it because other than finding someone off the street as a stranger that led them to the wrong people, you would think their friends would have pointed them on where to go.

    Way back when i first moved to CA, I didn't know anyone and was hoping to find someone I could trust to get weed. It was a long process until I found a trusted source and today I cringe at the danger I put myself in being too trusting. I had my money stolen a few times. Crazy knowing that now it's legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  18. #18
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    10,813
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I hate to say it, but it's possible that they were looking for drugs and came across the wrong people. I might be wrong, but think about it. If they traveled by plane they couldn't take any with them and if they normally partook in them and were on vacation, they'd want them. The friends that they were visiting should be grilled about it because other than finding someone off the street as a stranger that led them to the wrong people, you would think their friends would have pointed them on where to go.

    Way back when i first moved to CA, I didn't know anyone and was hoping to find someone I could trust to get weed. It was a long process until I found a trusted source and today I cringe at the danger I put myself in being too trusting. I had my money stolen a few times. Crazy knowing that now it's legal.
    Yeah I had to fly once and was in my addiction...I was too scared to put the pills in my luggage so I literally just put them in my skirt pocket and hoped they wouldn't find them if I got patted down. I was super lucky not to get caught, but damn I would never try that again lol.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •