Thread: 17 year old charged with assault with a deadly weapon after running over 6 cyclists while 'coal rolling' them in his pickup

17 year old charged with assault with a deadly weapon after running over 6 cyclists while 'coal rolling' them in his pickup

https://jalopnik.com/a-teenager-ran-...l-c-1847751857

A 16-year-old pickup driver hit multiple cyclists on Saturday morning near Waller, Texas, a city just west of Houston. The teenager struck six cyclists in all, and two of them were airlifted to local hospitals to treat shoulder, neck and back injuries; one cyclist suffered head trauma, according to KTRK. Police questioned the teenager afterwards, but didn?t arrest or otherwise detain him.

The teenager was driving a Ford F-Series Super Duty pickup, and had been harassing the cyclists earlier by ?rolling coal,?or blowing a noxious cloud of black exhaust from your truck tailpipe.

Cyclists have been the target of coal-rollers, as KPRC reports, and this incident is exactly what can happen in the aftermath of these stunts.

The cyclists were part of a large group of athletes training for an upcoming Ironman Texas competition. They were already 75 miles or so into their training ride that morning, when the Super Duty pickup approached them and started to ?roll coal,? according to Chase Ferrell, another rider among the group.

After the truck?s first pass, Ferrell said he sped up to take a picture of the driver or the truck?s plate when he saw the incident first-hand.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=mailsignout

The Waller County District Attorney has charged the coal-rolling teenager who ran over a group of cyclists with multiple felonies, each pertaining to the cyclists the teen struck, for a total of six felony charges of assault with a deadly weapon.

The DA, Elton Mathis, released the statement on Monday, saying the charges come after weeks of reconstructing the incident and collecting evidence that was not gathered immediately in the aftermath of the event. The following is the DA?s statement, emphasis mine:

...Over the last six weeks this office has assigned its own investigators to seek out evidence, and to interview the victims and witnesses. We very much appreciate the patience of the victims and their attorneys as we have attempted to reconstruct the events, and to assess and gather the evidence that was not obtained that day. Today we have filed six felony charges of Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon against the juvenile in question, one charge for each cyclist that was injured. Earlier today the juvenile voluntarily surrendered himself, and was detained by representatives from the juvenile justice department where he will be held in custody until further orders of the juvenile court. Thanks to the Waller County Sheriff?s Office and the Texas Department of Public Safety for their assistance in seeking justice for these individuals...

The teenager turned himself in on Monday prior to the DA?s public statement. As the DA notes, the teen is in custody pending word from the juvenile court.
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/6-local-c...s-hit-by-truck

What an asshole. Why is this even a thing?? I never heard of it before.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    What an asshole. Why is this even a thing?? I never heard of it before.
    I didn't know what it was either. I googled it when I saw the headline.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I hate people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Thread Information