Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 9 Dead & Several Injured In Crowd Surge At Astroworld Festival (Texas)

Maybe I am just basing it off my experience. I remember when I was young, maybe 8, begging my mom to let me go to a New Kids on the Block concert and she said I was too young to go to a concert. So it's just hard for me to fathom a 9 year old at a rap concert. I couldn't even see New Kids on the Block

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    My first real concert was when I was eleven. Although I'm sure I'd be allowed if I were younger. Assigned seating though. If it were GA I don't think my mom would have allowed it and it was always with family friends that were sixteen and older.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    My first real concert was when I was eleven. Although I'm sure I'd be allowed if I were younger. Assigned seating though. If it were GA I don't think my mom would have allowed it and it was always with family friends that were sixteen and older.
    I was 15 when I went to my first concert, it was one of those "Jingle Ball" concerts with a mix of artists that a local radio station had.

I just realized I've only been to 3 concerts my whole life.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I was 15 when I went to my first concert, it was one of those "Jingle Ball" concerts with a mix of artists that a local radio station had.

You poor, poor child.
    I'm not sure how many I've been to.
    I used to go to Welcome to Rockville and Warped Tour every year.
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

That poor little kid. I read he was in a medically induced coma and I was hoping he would pull through.

I was also denied access to the NKOTB concert. I was so pissed at my parents.

The first concert I went to was a "One Earth Party" put on by Q102. I was 14. My dad, stepmom, and little sister were there but they were waaay in the back So I wasnt even allowed to go by myself.

I wasnt even allowed to watch 90210 when I was a kid.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Probably as a "bonding" experience. I was taken to concerts when I was very young. 2-6 years old.
    Me too. I grew up at concerts. No Rap of course. But my Mom and Dad loved music and took me to see every country music act that came thru town. Then when I got a little older I started spending my babysitting money to see acts like Cory Hart and Boston and Tom Jones and the Osmonds and...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I wouldn't call it a festival. It's the rapper, Travis Scott's tour. The tour is called Astroworld after his album with the same name.

And I don't think it's a sign of your "elder status" but more of you probably don't listen to rap music.

I see a lot of posts where people say "oh he was the best guitar player, the band was a legend" and I'm like, who??? But that's just because I don't listen to rock music.

Edited to add: I know the word festival is in the headliner, I just consider it a concert *shrugs shoulders*
    This is what I mean, I learn a lot here. And if my grandz mention Travis, I can at least fake it now!

Parents want their kids out of their hair so they allow them to play video games. A popular video game called Fortnite plays Travis Scott's music and had his image on there (I learned this from Christina Randall's youtube page).
    I love Christina Randall. Good true crime channel.

Probably as a "bonding" experience. I was taken to concerts when I was very young. 2-6 years old.
    I took my children to concerts when they were young, too; but they were outdoor picnic concerts, not in enclosed areas. I was a rock girl, I would worry about their ears in an indoor arena. I did go into labor at an Eric Clapton concert though, and my son DEFINITELY heard the music that night. I probably did untold damage to that little bugger's ears.

But do you feel like you missed anything? Concerts probably aren't really your thing or you would have made sure you went to more of them, right?

I've been to many concerts, probably close to 100 if I sat down and thought about it. My first concert was "The Cowsills" in Atlantic City. They were the real life inspiration for the fictional "Patridge Family." I was 12yo and went with the local teen center. It was also the first time I smoked a pack of Salems. The opening act for "The Cowsills" was..... "The Allman Brothers." We all met Duane and the whole band after the show and got their autographs (although we wouldn't really know who they were for a year or two). "The Cowsills" were too famous to be bothered with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I was also denied access to the NKOTB concert. I was so pissed at my parents.

I wasnt even allowed to watch 90210 when I was a kid.
    And look how well you turned out!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    This is what I mean, I learn a lot here. And if my grandz mention Travis, I can at least fake it now!

I love Christina Randall. Good true crime channel.

I took my children to concerts when they were young, too; but they were outdoor picnic concerts, not in enclosed areas. I was a rock girl, I would worry about their ears in an indoor arena. I did go into labor at an Eric Clapton concert though, and my son DEFINITELY heard the music that night. I probably did untold damage to that little bugger's ears.

But do you feel like you missed anything? Concerts probably aren't really your thing or you would have made sure you went to more of them, right?

I've been to many concerts, probably close to 100 if I sat down and thought about it. My first concert was "The Cowsills" in Atlantic City. They were the real life inspiration for the fictional "Patridge Family." I was 12yo and went with the local teen center. It was also the first time I smoked a pack of Salems. The opening act for "The Cowsills" was..... "The Allman Brothers." We all met Duane and the whole band after the show and got their autographs (although we wouldn't really know who they were for a year or two). "The Cowsills" were too famous to be bothered with us.

And look how well you turned out!
    Honestly, they weren't something I was super dying to go. It would've been nice to go to some, but being a fan of rap music I always felt awkward, like I would be the odd person there. Nerdy looking white chick? I felt like I would've been stared at

I'm just impressed that I knew who "The Cowsills" were without having to look them up. I'm fricken old.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    I feel super bad for the 9 year old's parents, I read an interview with the dad and he took him as a bonding thing, I guess he put the kid on his shoulders when the surge started happening and then the dad got crushed and passed out so the kid came down and was then trampled.

I have a 10 year old and I would take her to concerts, probably not one like this where the lead singer is known for inciting rage and encouraging injuries but other ones, yeah. I want to take her to Red Rocks but it would be something like Greta Van Fleet

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    I feel super bad for the 9 year old's parents, I read an interview with the dad and he took him as a bonding thing, I guess he put the kid on his shoulders when the surge started happening and then the dad got crushed and passed out so the kid came down and was then trampled.

I have a 10 year old and I would take her to concerts, probably not one like this where the lead singer is known for inciting rage and encouraging injuries but other ones, yeah. I want to take her to Red Rocks but it would be something like Greta Van Fleet
    Also, assigned seating. It's so much safer. I've been to GA concerts and even got up front, but only at small Hollywood venues and for acts like Ben Folds or The Pogues. Crowds for certain artists tend to have more etiquette than others, I think. Hell, I've been in mosh pits where people looked out for each other constantly. If you fell, you'd get snatched right up and asked if you were okay by others.

I don't know if it's the temperature of society right now with their "ME ME ME, I ONLY MATTER" attitude that caused this or that it was the artist that encourages this kind of thing in this case. Probably a little of both.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post

That's heartbreaking. I can't even imagine. His parents must be absolutely gutted.

I worry that sometimes we try to make our little ones grow up too fast. I see it with my grandchildren. At 9yo I was still bonding with my kids over Disney on Ice, dinosaur parks, and petting zoos. My 9yo grandson outgrew that stuff about five years ago, and they were watching scary movies way before I ever allowed their father to watch them. I say there's no need to rush their exposure to adult things, but I'm just a grandmom, I want to keep them babies as long as I can.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Also, assigned seating. It's so much safer. I've been to GA concerts and even got up front, but only at small Hollywood venues and for acts like Ben Folds or The Pogues. Crowds for certain artists tend to have more etiquette than others, I think. Hell, I've been in mosh pits where people looked out for each other constantly. If you fell, you'd get snatched right up and asked if you were okay by others.

I don't know if it's the temperature of society right now with their "ME ME ME, I ONLY MATTER" attitude that caused this or that it was the artist that encourages this kind of thing in this case. Probably a little of both.
    The Pogues. Wow. You don't hear that band name often. I grew up listening to Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    That's heartbreaking. I can't even imagine. His parents must be absolutely gutted.

I worry that sometimes we try to make our little ones grow up too fast. I see it with my grandchildren. At 9yo I was still bonding with my kids over Disney on Ice, dinosaur parks, and petting zoos. My 9yo grandson outgrew that stuff about five years ago, and they were watching scary movies way before I ever allowed their father to watch them. I say there's no need to rush their exposure to adult things, but I'm just a grandmom, I want to keep them babies as long as I can.
    I don't really know how kids are supposed to act during certain life stages so my child knowing how to put laundry in the washing machine kind of blows my mind. He's 20 months now.
    Also, I'm kind of annoyed that my husband's idea of bonding is letting my son watch videos on my husband's phone with him.

The Pogues. Wow. You don't hear that band name often. I grew up listening to Shane.

Hubby's favorite and "Fairytale of NY" is one of "our songs" along with "Rainy Day in SOHO". Both were on our wedding CD that we gave out at our reception (yes, we're old enough where that was still a thing) and played at our wedding. Fairytale is always played while we decorate our tree every year. Along with Muppets Christmas with John Denver. "FIIIIVE GOLDEN RINGS.. BAH DA DUM DUM".

Also, how Shane is still alive is BEYOND nature. We've been expecting him to die for over a decade now. The dude is literally pickled with Whiskey and is even more of a freak of nature than Keith Richards.

I don't really know how kids are supposed to act during certain life stages so my child knowing how to put laundry in the washing machine kind of blows my mind. He's 20 months now.
    Also, I'm kind of annoyed that my husband's idea of bonding is letting my son watch videos on my husband's phone with him.
    Well, he won't get trampled that way

Hubby's favorite and "Fairytale of NY" is one of "our songs" along with "Rainy Day in SOHO". Both were on our wedding CD that we gave out at our reception (yes, we're old enough where that was still a thing) and played at our wedding. Fairytale is always played while we decorate our tree every year. Along with Muppets Christmas with John Denver. "FIIIIVE GOLDEN RINGS.. BAH DA DUM DUM".
    "It was Christmas Eve, babe, in the drunk tank..."

One of my favorite songs!

I just remembered, we have a mural downtown of Shane.
    I bet most people don't know who he is. It's just a colorful mural of a guy with bad teeth.

Well, he won't get trampled that way
    True.

Wow, 20 months already? That was quick. He's imitating you here, I think it's awesome he knows how to put clothes in the washer. Teach him how to use the dishwasher next! You'll probably have to wait until he's three before you can teach him how to fold clothes.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/travis-...ty-grand-jury/

Travis Scott not criminally liable for Astroworld Festival deaths, grand jury finds

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/travis-...ty-grand-jury/

Travis Scott not criminally liable for Astroworld Festival deaths, grand jury finds
    I didn't think he would be.

I miss his music though, wish he would come out with something new. He has been MIA since this happened.

Thread Information