Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 72 of 72

Thread: 9 Dead & Several Injured In Crowd Surge At Astroworld Festival (Texas)

  1. #51
    Kool-Aid Drinker curiouscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,070
    Rep Power
    21474846
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I couldn't help but think "why would someone bring their nine year old to this sort of concert?" I mean, this isn't Hannah Montana. I REALLY don't want to judge, just can't help that being my first thought.
    Parents want their kids out of their hair so they allow them to play video games. A popular video game called Fortnite plays Travis Scott's music and had his image on there (I learned this from Christina Randall's youtube page).
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

  2. #52
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    10,848
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Parents want their kids out of their hair so they allow them to play video games. A popular video game called Fortnite plays Travis Scott's music and had his image on there (I learned this from Christina Randall's youtube page).
    Okay that could explain why a child would want to go, but not why a parent says it's ok.

    Ugh, I really should stop because I just don't want to blame the parent/parents when they just lost a child.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  3. #53
    Senior Member of_corpse_not's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    I never heard of it either
    Posts
    1,787
    Rep Power
    21474846
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Parents want their kids out of their hair so they allow them to play video games. A popular video game called Fortnite plays Travis Scott's music and had his image on there (I learned this from Christina Randall's youtube page).
    Yep Travis Scott is very popular with kids. Between the Fortnite stuff and his McDonald?s collab, a lot of kids look up to him.

  4. #54
    Kool-Aid Drinker curiouscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,070
    Rep Power
    21474846
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Okay that could explain why a child would want to go, but not why a parent says it's ok.

    Ugh, I really should stop because I just don't want to blame the parent/parents when they just lost a child.
    Probably as a "bonding" experience. I was taken to concerts when I was very young. 2-6 years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

  5. #55
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    10,848
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Maybe I am just basing it off my experience. I remember when I was young, maybe 8, begging my mom to let me go to a New Kids on the Block concert and she said I was too young to go to a concert. So it's just hard for me to fathom a 9 year old at a rap concert. I couldn't even see New Kids on the Block


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  6. #56
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    20,223
    Rep Power
    21474865
    My first real concert was when I was eleven. Although I'm sure I'd be allowed if I were younger. Assigned seating though. If it were GA I don't think my mom would have allowed it and it was always with family friends that were sixteen and older.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  7. #57
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    10,848
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    My first real concert was when I was eleven. Although I'm sure I'd be allowed if I were younger. Assigned seating though. If it were GA I don't think my mom would have allowed it and it was always with family friends that were sixteen and older.
    I was 15 when I went to my first concert, it was one of those "Jingle Ball" concerts with a mix of artists that a local radio station had.

    I just realized I've only been to 3 concerts my whole life.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  8. #58
    Kool-Aid Drinker curiouscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,070
    Rep Power
    21474846
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I was 15 when I went to my first concert, it was one of those "Jingle Ball" concerts with a mix of artists that a local radio station had.

    I just realized I've only been to 3 concerts my whole life.
    You poor, poor child.
    I'm not sure how many I've been to.
    I used to go to Welcome to Rockville and Warped Tour every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

  9. #59
    Romulus Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    13,144
    Rep Power
    21474858
    That poor little kid. I read he was in a medically induced coma and I was hoping he would pull through.

    I was also denied access to the NKOTB concert. I was so pissed at my parents.

    The first concert I went to was a "One Earth Party" put on by Q102. I was 14. My dad, stepmom, and little sister were there but they were waaay in the back So I wasnt even allowed to go by myself.

    I wasnt even allowed to watch 90210 when I was a kid.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  10. #60
    Moderator puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    20,643
    Rep Power
    21474871
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Probably as a "bonding" experience. I was taken to concerts when I was very young. 2-6 years old.
    Me too. I grew up at concerts. No Rap of course. But my Mom and Dad loved music and took me to see every country music act that came thru town. Then when I got a little older I started spending my babysitting money to see acts like Cory Hart and Boston and Tom Jones and the Osmonds and...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  11. #61
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    7,049
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I wouldn't call it a festival. It's the rapper, Travis Scott's tour. The tour is called Astroworld after his album with the same name.

    And I don't think it's a sign of your "elder status" but more of you probably don't listen to rap music.

    I see a lot of posts where people say "oh he was the best guitar player, the band was a legend" and I'm like, who??? But that's just because I don't listen to rock music.

    Edited to add: I know the word festival is in the headliner, I just consider it a concert *shrugs shoulders*
    This is what I mean, I learn a lot here. And if my grandz mention Travis, I can at least fake it now!



    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Parents want their kids out of their hair so they allow them to play video games. A popular video game called Fortnite plays Travis Scott's music and had his image on there (I learned this from Christina Randall's youtube page).
    I love Christina Randall. Good true crime channel.

    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Probably as a "bonding" experience. I was taken to concerts when I was very young. 2-6 years old.
    I took my children to concerts when they were young, too; but they were outdoor picnic concerts, not in enclosed areas. I was a rock girl, I would worry about their ears in an indoor arena. I did go into labor at an Eric Clapton concert though, and my son DEFINITELY heard the music that night. I probably did untold damage to that little bugger's ears.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I just realized I've only been to 3 concerts my whole life.
    But do you feel like you missed anything? Concerts probably aren't really your thing or you would have made sure you went to more of them, right?

    I've been to many concerts, probably close to 100 if I sat down and thought about it. My first concert was "The Cowsills" in Atlantic City. They were the real life inspiration for the fictional "Patridge Family." I was 12yo and went with the local teen center. It was also the first time I smoked a pack of Salems. The opening act for "The Cowsills" was..... "The Allman Brothers." We all met Duane and the whole band after the show and got their autographs (although we wouldn't really know who they were for a year or two). "The Cowsills" were too famous to be bothered with us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I was also denied access to the NKOTB concert. I was so pissed at my parents.

    I wasnt even allowed to watch 90210 when I was a kid.
    And look how well you turned out!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  12. #62
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    10,848
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    This is what I mean, I learn a lot here. And if my grandz mention Travis, I can at least fake it now!





    I love Christina Randall. Good true crime channel.



    I took my children to concerts when they were young, too; but they were outdoor picnic concerts, not in enclosed areas. I was a rock girl, I would worry about their ears in an indoor arena. I did go into labor at an Eric Clapton concert though, and my son DEFINITELY heard the music that night. I probably did untold damage to that little bugger's ears.



    But do you feel like you missed anything? Concerts probably aren't really your thing or you would have made sure you went to more of them, right?

    I've been to many concerts, probably close to 100 if I sat down and thought about it. My first concert was "The Cowsills" in Atlantic City. They were the real life inspiration for the fictional "Patridge Family." I was 12yo and went with the local teen center. It was also the first time I smoked a pack of Salems. The opening act for "The Cowsills" was..... "The Allman Brothers." We all met Duane and the whole band after the show and got their autographs (although we wouldn't really know who they were for a year or two). "The Cowsills" were too famous to be bothered with us.



    And look how well you turned out!
    Honestly, they weren't something I was super dying to go. It would've been nice to go to some, but being a fan of rap music I always felt awkward, like I would be the odd person there. Nerdy looking white chick? I felt like I would've been stared at


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  13. #63
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    20,223
    Rep Power
    21474865
    I'm just impressed that I knew who "The Cowsills" were without having to look them up. I'm fricken old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  14. #64
    Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    2,037
    Rep Power
    21474849
    I feel super bad for the 9 year old's parents, I read an interview with the dad and he took him as a bonding thing, I guess he put the kid on his shoulders when the surge started happening and then the dad got crushed and passed out so the kid came down and was then trampled.

    I have a 10 year old and I would take her to concerts, probably not one like this where the lead singer is known for inciting rage and encouraging injuries but other ones, yeah. I want to take her to Red Rocks but it would be something like Greta Van Fleet


    I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

  15. #65
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    20,223
    Rep Power
    21474865
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    I feel super bad for the 9 year old's parents, I read an interview with the dad and he took him as a bonding thing, I guess he put the kid on his shoulders when the surge started happening and then the dad got crushed and passed out so the kid came down and was then trampled.

    I have a 10 year old and I would take her to concerts, probably not one like this where the lead singer is known for inciting rage and encouraging injuries but other ones, yeah. I want to take her to Red Rocks but it would be something like Greta Van Fleet
    Also, assigned seating. It's so much safer. I've been to GA concerts and even got up front, but only at small Hollywood venues and for acts like Ben Folds or The Pogues. Crowds for certain artists tend to have more etiquette than others, I think. Hell, I've been in mosh pits where people looked out for each other constantly. If you fell, you'd get snatched right up and asked if you were okay by others.

    I don't know if it's the temperature of society right now with their "ME ME ME, I ONLY MATTER" attitude that caused this or that it was the artist that encourages this kind of thing in this case. Probably a little of both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  16. #66
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    7,049
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    I feel super bad for the 9 year old's parents, I read an interview with the dad and he took him as a bonding thing, I guess he put the kid on his shoulders when the surge started happening and then the dad got crushed and passed out so the kid came down and was then trampled.

    I have a 10 year old and I would take her to concerts, probably not one like this where the lead singer is known for inciting rage and encouraging injuries but other ones, yeah. I want to take her to Red Rocks but it would be something like Greta Van Fleet
    That's heartbreaking. I can't even imagine. His parents must be absolutely gutted.

    I worry that sometimes we try to make our little ones grow up too fast. I see it with my grandchildren. At 9yo I was still bonding with my kids over Disney on Ice, dinosaur parks, and petting zoos. My 9yo grandson outgrew that stuff about five years ago, and they were watching scary movies way before I ever allowed their father to watch them. I say there's no need to rush their exposure to adult things, but I'm just a grandmom, I want to keep them babies as long as I can.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  17. #67
    Kool-Aid Drinker curiouscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,070
    Rep Power
    21474846
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Also, assigned seating. It's so much safer. I've been to GA concerts and even got up front, but only at small Hollywood venues and for acts like Ben Folds or The Pogues. Crowds for certain artists tend to have more etiquette than others, I think. Hell, I've been in mosh pits where people looked out for each other constantly. If you fell, you'd get snatched right up and asked if you were okay by others.

    I don't know if it's the temperature of society right now with their "ME ME ME, I ONLY MATTER" attitude that caused this or that it was the artist that encourages this kind of thing in this case. Probably a little of both.
    The Pogues. Wow. You don't hear that band name often. I grew up listening to Shane.

    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    That's heartbreaking. I can't even imagine. His parents must be absolutely gutted.

    I worry that sometimes we try to make our little ones grow up too fast. I see it with my grandchildren. At 9yo I was still bonding with my kids over Disney on Ice, dinosaur parks, and petting zoos. My 9yo grandson outgrew that stuff about five years ago, and they were watching scary movies way before I ever allowed their father to watch them. I say there's no need to rush their exposure to adult things, but I'm just a grandmom, I want to keep them babies as long as I can.
    I don't really know how kids are supposed to act during certain life stages so my child knowing how to put laundry in the washing machine kind of blows my mind. He's 20 months now.
    Also, I'm kind of annoyed that my husband's idea of bonding is letting my son watch videos on my husband's phone with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

  18. #68
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    20,223
    Rep Power
    21474865
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    The Pogues. Wow. You don't hear that band name often. I grew up listening to Shane.


    Hubby's favorite and "Fairytale of NY" is one of "our songs" along with "Rainy Day in SOHO". Both were on our wedding CD that we gave out at our reception (yes, we're old enough where that was still a thing) and played at our wedding. Fairytale is always played while we decorate our tree every year. Along with Muppets Christmas with John Denver. "FIIIIVE GOLDEN RINGS.. BAH DA DUM DUM".
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  19. #69
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    20,223
    Rep Power
    21474865
    Also, how Shane is still alive is BEYOND nature. We've been expecting him to die for over a decade now. The dude is literally pickled with Whiskey and is even more of a freak of nature than Keith Richards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  20. #70
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    10,848
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    The Pogues. Wow. You don't hear that band name often. I grew up listening to Shane.



    I don't really know how kids are supposed to act during certain life stages so my child knowing how to put laundry in the washing machine kind of blows my mind. He's 20 months now.
    Also, I'm kind of annoyed that my husband's idea of bonding is letting my son watch videos on my husband's phone with him.
    Well, he won't get trampled that way


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  21. #71
    Kool-Aid Drinker curiouscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,070
    Rep Power
    21474846
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Hubby's favorite and "Fairytale of NY" is one of "our songs" along with "Rainy Day in SOHO". Both were on our wedding CD that we gave out at our reception (yes, we're old enough where that was still a thing) and played at our wedding. Fairytale is always played while we decorate our tree every year. Along with Muppets Christmas with John Denver. "FIIIIVE GOLDEN RINGS.. BAH DA DUM DUM".
    "It was Christmas Eve, babe, in the drunk tank..."

    One of my favorite songs!

    I just remembered, we have a mural downtown of Shane.
    I bet most people don't know who he is. It's just a colorful mural of a guy with bad teeth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Well, he won't get trampled that way
    True.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

  22. #72
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    7,049
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    The Pogues. Wow. You don't hear that band name often. I grew up listening to Shane.



    I don't really know how kids are supposed to act during certain life stages so my child knowing how to put laundry in the washing machine kind of blows my mind. He's 20 months now.

    Also, I'm kind of annoyed that my husband's idea of bonding is letting my son watch videos on my husband's phone with him.
    Wow, 20 months already? That was quick. He's imitating you here, I think it's awesome he knows how to put clothes in the washer. Teach him how to use the dishwasher next! You'll probably have to wait until he's three before you can teach him how to fold clothes.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •