Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 9 Dead & Several Injured In Crowd Surge At Astroworld Festival (Texas)

9 Dead & Several Injured In Crowd Surge At Astroworld Festival (Texas)

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2021-...rush/100600626

At least eight people have died and several others were injured after a crowd surge at the Astroworld Festival in the US state of Texas.

Key points:

Nine people have died after a crowd surged at a music festival in Texas

The Astroworld event was called off shortly after the incident

Seventeen people were taken to hospital

Houston Fire Chief Samuel Pe?a said the crowd pushed toward the stage just after 9:00pm Friday (local time) while rapper Travis Scott was performing.

"The crowd began to compress towards the front of the stage, and that caused some panic, and it started causing some injuries," Mr Pe?a said.

"People began to fall out, become unconscious, and it created additional panic."

The show was called off shortly after several people began suffering injuries.

Seventeen people were taken to hospital, including 11 who were in cardiac arrest, Mr Pe?a said.

Many people were also treated at the scene at NRG Park, where a field hospital had been set up.

Approximately 50,000 people were in attendance at the festival, Mr Pe?a said.

The fire chief added that officials did not immediately know the causes of death for the eight people who died.

A medical examiner would investigate.

The deceased had not been identified as of early Saturday local time.

Officials set up a reunification centre at a hotel for family members who had not been able to reach relatives in attendance at the festival.

Astroworld is a two-day music festival that was scheduled to take place on Friday and Saturday in Houston.

The event was sold out, according to the Astroworld website.

The event promoters had arranged for medical units to be on scene at the festival, however once the crowd surge began, those units were "quickly overwhelmed," Mr Pe?a said.

Hmm. Think they might've skimped on security & medics.

Their event started with people demolishing their VIP entry point & stampeding into the festival (vid at this link)

https://twitter.com/MycahABC13/statu...nzfH3a-Qg&s=19

& then ended with this.

These screenshots are from her insta but she has them on her Twitter too (& I rarely use anything besides twitter so I'm linking her twitter acct)

https://twitter.com/madddeline_?t=e2...VBGONED0Q&s=09
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-06-2021 at 01:59 AM.

Jesus fucking christ

Someone uploaded vid of a girl climbing the ladder to the camera dude & begging him to stop the show, so I guess that last post is legit.

https://twitter.com/WulfMunkey/statu...uQGggY2Iw&s=19

I noticed there's a bunch of accounts saying this was a mass fentanyl overdose event.

Can't tell whether they're just randos who made assumptions or if someone's trying to control the narrative so that those responsible for this completely avoidable tragedy don't face criticism (obviously that won't work anyway because autopsies are a thing)
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-06-2021 at 01:55 AM.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    I just...can't. I'm still half asleep. If it was as bad as these narratives and Scott even paused to get security to help someone they should have pulled a plug for a bit.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    I just...can't. I'm still half asleep. If it was as bad as these narratives and Scott even paused to get security to help someone they should have pulled a plug for a bit.
    Too late. By the time you get to that point, the crowd has a life of its own. Just horrific. Reminds me of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Who_concert_disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Too late. By the time you get to that point, the crowd has a life of its own. Just horrific. Reminds me of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Who_concert_disaster
    Yeah, I remember years ago the hubby and I went to West Hollywood for Halloween. It's a HUGE deal over here and they had performers by a stage. Everything was total normal and fine as we walked along, but all of a sudden as we were passing by the stage it bottle necked and we started getting crushed. Everyone was looking panicked because they started to realize what was happening and it wasn't as if anyone could see it coming. We were literally not even there to see the performers. We were just walking down the street. There was zero crowd control. Nobody died, but both the hubby and myself got a lesson on how quickly crowds can become dangerous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

So the random guy injecting people with an unknown substance was just bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    So the random guy injecting people with an unknown substance was just bullshit?
    I just saw an article on that & it sounds like absolute bullshit to me. It also confirms my suspicion that last night someone was using soc med accts to cover people's arses by pushing the narrative that it was a mass overdose event.

I guess they realised it just made them look worse to victim blame & accuse all these dead & injured fans of illicit drug use, so they made up an imaginary villain

Also, the wording of this article really sux. Authorities haven't confirmed the claims at all, they can't even find the supposed victim.

https://abc13.com/astroworld-festiva...cert/11205846/

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- As rumors spread about what led to the deaths of eight people and hundreds of injuries at Friday night's Astroworld Festival, authorities confirmed one of the early claims that someone was injecting people with a needle during the deadly event, though it's possible it may have been an isolated incident.

A security guard working the festival was attempting to grab or restrain someone during the melee when he felt a prick on his neck before he lost consciousness, according to Houston Police Chief Troy Finner.

When he was examined, he went unconscious," Finner said during a Saturday afternoon briefing. "(Medical staff) administered Narcan. He was revived, and the medical staff did notice a prick that was similar to a prick that you would get if someone was trying to inject."

Investigators were still searching for the security guard involved.

Finner's comments came as he and other officials cautioned against the rampant speculation about the disaster's cause.

Finner's comments came as he and other officials cautioned against the rampant speculation about the disaster's cause.

"A lot of narratives are out there right now on social media," Finner said. "I think that all of us need to be respectful of the families and make sure we follow the facts and the evidence."

Finner acknowledged that people were also trampled, and investigators were working to obtain video of the festival from LiveNation Entertainment, the event's promoter.

So one of the ambulance dancers decided it was a good idea to get on insta last night & be an arrogant smartarse

Now his insta has been mass reported & suspended. He's also been doxxed so he's having a big whine on twitter & people are just repeatedly tagging Houston PD in his replies

https://twitter.com/itzlune_/status/...BEhqs4M6g&s=19

What an arsehole though. Who says shit like this after learning that 8 people died while you danced on an ambulance that was trying to reach them

8 people dead? Lol NBD

Wait, my Instagram is dead? This is a travesty. Things are getting out of hand
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-06-2021 at 03:46 PM.

Im reading conflicting info. Most of the articles are already saying the victims died from cardiac arrest. How could they possibly know that? And the reports that people were "passing out"?

It makes sense to me that the younger people were trampled and didnt survive because they were smaller?

What are people pissed at Kylie Jenner for? Yeah she sucks because Kardashian, but all she did was record the crowd?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Apparently there were over 550 Houston PD officers working the event. I've seen multiple accounts of people who pleaded with them to shut down the show, or help victims but got dismissive responses.

That ICU nurse in the screenshots posted a little more info & said she & other trained medics were dragged off patients by HPD officers & stopped from performing CPR. But then the HPD officers didn't take over & start performing CPR themselves. They aggressively took possession of the patients but didn't do shit to help them

I think HPD are running with that drug injection story to draw attention away from their own failures

Edit :

Here's a clip of the chief saying his officers became aware at 9.30pm that there were people going down in the crowd, but they didn't shut it down for another 40 mins

https://twitter.com/gootecks/status/...1XGHxzTFg&s=19

& some accounts of interactions with HPD officers
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-06-2021 at 10:19 PM.

They're definitely trying to run with the drug story to save their assess. Fucking disgrace.

Isn't there a pandemic going on? I understand that there were protocols going on to require every ticketholder to show proof of vaccination (which you can buy fake online) or have a hardcopy of a negative covid test. But, the gates were breached long before the concert began so those protocols were null and void at that moment. The concert and festival should have been cancelled at that moment. Furthrermore, this concert should hever have been allowed to happen. Travis has a long history of causing problems at these concerts. And yet, there were thousands of people there and I haven't seen one mask nor one Covid vaccine card displayed, and those people clearly were not recognizing the 6ft space... I'm sorry that 8 people died and hundreds were injured but none of those people gave a rat's fuck about anything other than their own self gratification. I don't want to hear any more nonsense how a Republican rally is a Covid breeding ground but these people were just "letting off steam." I have to wear a fucking mask 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. It's gotten to the point that I hate the smell of my own breath. But, I do this out of respect for others and my own safety. Fuck the Government, fuck the concert, fuck the promoters, fuck Travis and fuck anyone who looks the other way and fails to help bring this fucking "pandemic" to an end.

I'm off my soapbox...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilzAdvocate View Post
    Isn't there a pandemic going on? I understand that there were protocols going on to require every ticketholder to show proof of vaccination (which you can buy fake online) or have a hardcopy of a negative covid test. But, the gates were breached long before the concert began so those protocols were null and void at that moment. The concert and festival should have been cancelled at that moment. Furthrermore, this concert should hever have been allowed to happen. Travis has a long history of causing problems at these concerts. And yet, there were thousands of people there and I haven't seen one mask nor one Covid vaccine card displayed, and those people clearly were not recognizing the 6ft space... I'm sorry that 8 people died and hundreds were injured but none of those people gave a rat's fuck about anything other than their own self gratification. I don't want to hear any more nonsense how a Republican rally is a Covid breeding ground but these people were just "letting off steam." I have to wear a fucking mask 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. It's gotten to the point that I hate the smell of my own breath. But, I do this out of respect for others and my own safety. Fuck the Government, fuck the concert, fuck the promoters, fuck Travis and fuck anyone who looks the other way and fails to help bring this fucking "pandemic" to an end.

I'm off my soapbox...
    I actually agree with you. NIN cancelled all of their concert dates and it only made me love them more. I wouldn't go anywhere near a concert or game right now. Shit, I won't even do private gigs with my own band right now.

I don't get the hate toward Travis. To me, it was all the people working that event - people were begging them to stop the show and they ignored them. I read Travis had stopped the show for a bit earlier when he saw someone needed help, and had security go to them. I really don't think he had any idea of what was going on, not until it was too late.

Over a year of no concerts, and people forget how to act. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I don't get the hate toward Travis. To me, it was all the people working that event - people were begging them to stop the show and they ignored them. I read Travis had stopped the show for a bit earlier when he saw someone needed help, and had security go to them. I really don't think he had any idea of what was going on, not until it was too late.

I think it's everyone involved that's responsible. He has encouraged this kind of behavior before at his concerts and was aware of the incidents earlier where people were surging. He organized the event so it unfortunately will also fall on his shoulders. I don't think he intentionally did anything to hurt anyone, but I also think he loved watching a crowd go nutty for him.

If there's one thing I've learned throughout 45's Presidency and this Pandemic, it's how utterly selfish and horrible people are in this country. So basically, I vote for assigned seating from now on. People act like complete fucking animals and this is why we can't have nice things.

Like Boston said he apparently liked to rile the crowd up, but I dont think he deserves the hate.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Oh I absolutely know it will all fall on him, I believe I read people are already filing lawsuits against him.

I am a fan of his music. My son went to his concert a few years back when he was here and there weren't any issues. I guess I just don't get why he is to blame....it's these people who acted like psychos. But I guess people can be influenced by someone they "look up to" or whatever; I just don't get it.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    My guess is because of this:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/victims-id...ry?id=81020747

Scott has history of inciting crowds

Also, in reference to your rep I had to look it up because I usually do watch the half time. He was with Maroon 5, so that explains it. They annoy me so I didn't watch that half time.
    Yeah, I got annoyed with Maroon 5.

And I see what you're saying, his track record obviously isn't good. I just haven't read anything that he was doing it at THIS show. I did read he stopped when he saw someone needed help before this all happened, which makes me believe he was inciting anything here. I could be wrong, who knows.

I just read on TMZ he is paying for all funeral costs and also offer mental health services for anyone there. Guess that's a start.

If repeatedly singing, "90210 90210 90210" through auto tune while watching security guards carry passed out people from the venue is talent then I guess he has talent... He's only who he is because he bagged some ho' from the Kardashian clan. It's hard to find any talent in today's rap music - or any music for that matter. Auto tune has turend anyone with a voice into a "star."

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Yeah he ?stopped? then poorly flangered/auto tuned bullshit over it the whole time. RBW: I didn?t know who he was before this either but his track record seems like a douchebag. The venue completely dropped the ball with the rush and not shutting down at the time and maybe ol? Trav was trying to awkwardly soothe the crowd with his zip code however Reddit was been inundated with band videos showing otherwise. I dunno?whole damn thing seems dangerous af to me right now. #CloudOfCOVID

ETA: reminds me of this
    Last edited by SuchAClassicGirl; 11-08-2021 at 04:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

His music sucks

Thread Information