Thread: UID body found buried in backyard in Lake Worth, FL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

UID body found buried in backyard in Lake Worth, FL

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...out&li=BBnbfcL

Investigators with the Palm Beach County Sheriff?s Office found a body Thursday buried in the backyard of a home in Lake Worth.

Neighbors on Selberg Lane told WPBF 25 News deputies first arrived Wednesday night.

Thursday morning, PBSO?s cold case squad was joined by anthropology students from Florida Gulf Coast University. They set up tents and started digging.

By midafternoon, a WPBF 25 News crew watched as a gurney was wheeled out with the remains of a body on it. Investigators confirmed the body was found buried in the backyard.

Detectives have not given any indication as to the identity of the remains or what condition they?re in. They have not said if they believe a crime was committed.

They also have not said what led them to the house in the first place, saying only they ?received information that there could be human remains buried in the backyard.?

The medical examiner took possession of the remains and will perform an autopsy to try to figure out the cause of death.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Thursday morning, PBSO's cold case squad was joined by anthropology students from Florida Gulf Coast University. They set up tents and started digging.
    This is very close to me and I heard nothing about it. I wonder why they felt it necessary to bring in the anthropology students (vs forensics students). I'm all for hands-on training, but the gathering of evidence in a potential murder case seems best left to the pros IMHO. If it was my case I wouldn't want any students touching it. Unless they suspect they've stumbled across Early Florida Man?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Detectives have not given any indication as to the identity of the remains or what condition they're in. They have not said if they believe a crime was committed.
    Isn't failing to notify the proper authorities of a death and burying the body in your backyard a crime in itself? Maybe not in Florida, but in most of the first world, anyway? If not, we wasted a lot of money on Dad's funeral, because he most definitely would have preferred to be buried in the backyard of the house he built. That makes me wonder though, if this could be a cultural or financial situation. Maybe a stillborn baby?

Interesting. Keeping an eyeball on this one.
    Last edited by KimTisha; 11-16-2021 at 05:04 AM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    This is very close to me and I heard nothing about it. I wonder why they felt it necessary to bring in the anthropology students (vs forensics students). I'm all for hands-on training, but the gathering of evidence in a potential murder case seems best left to the pros IMHO. If it was my case I wouldn't want any students touching it. Unless they suspect they've stumbled across Early Florida Man?
    This is EXACTLY what I was thinking! Even Forensic students, I would think any student would possibly ruin a case in court because they're not fully qualified to handle evidence and were at the scene. It could be an argument by the defense for sure.

Between that and it being Anthropology students, I'm thinking it's some sort of historical find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Between that and it being Anthropology students, I'm thinking it's some sort of historical find.
    This is the most likely scenario, but I'm not sure how the police would know that so early in the investigation. Early as in, before the entire grave was unearthed by Anthropology students.

Although....

It would make sense for the police to call in Anthropologists to unearth what they already know to be a historical find so as not to destroy ancient artifacts. But why wouldn't they say that then? If they were so sure it was a historical find, why wouldn't they put out a press release saying they unearthed historical remains and had Anthropology students excavate the grave, instead of letting everyone think their neighbor is burying enemies in the backyard?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

I'm always a tiny bit freaked out when people show up in my Google drive-bys of notorious places. This Google street view was captured in February 2021. The man getting into the car could be the victim, the perpetrator, the funeral director.... whatever.

https://www.google.com/maps/@26.6144...7i16384!8i8192
    Last edited by KimTisha; 11-16-2021 at 09:03 AM.

I can't find any further info on this person being identified, but I also can't find an UID's in Palm Beach County from this time period on NAMUS.

Thread Information