Thread: Serious Crime Unit takes over case of Shannon White (32) missing in Kamloops, BC since 1-Nov-2021

Serious Crime Unit takes over case of Shannon White (32) missing in Kamloops, BC since 1-Nov-2021

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloo...Kamloops-woman

Missing probe intensifies
    Tim Petruk - Nov 4, 2021 / 3:05 pm | Story: 350721

Photo: RCMP
    Shannon White
    The Kamloops RCMP?s serious crime unit has taken over the case of a 32-year-old city woman missing since Monday.

Shannon White?s distinct Jeep was discovered in the 200-block of Nicola Street downtown on Tuesday afternoon.

?Currently, we believe she departed her Lower Sahali residence in her Jeep around 8 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 1,? RCMP Sgt. Dave Marshall, part of the Kamloops serious crimes unit, said in a news release.

?Shannon was supposed to be at her job at Kamloops Hyundai on Notre Dame at 8:30 a.m., but she did not arrive.?

When Mounties found her Jeep, it was missing a pink flower that typically sat above the spare tire.

Marshall said Mounties are asking for anyone with information about White or her vehicle to get in touch with them ? specifically anyone with dash cam footage or surveillance footage.

?We?re also requesting the public, including Shannon?s large Jeep community, to be on the lookout for the pink flower that she had on her Jeep,? he said.

White stands five-foot-five and weighs 180 pounds. She has blonde hair and green eyes with fair skin.

Her Jeep is a black 1997 TJ with B.C. plate KA0 22N. The vehicle has a turquoise hand print on the driver?s side mirror and a turquoise deal reading ?wander lust? on the passenger side of the hood.

Anyone with information about White?s whereabouts can call police at 250-828-3000 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

Shannon's FB: https://www.facebook.com/shannon.doh.white.1

She seems to have such a tight friend group! And she is such an adventurer! I am a Jeep girl and used to go mudding with friends. I don't have a good feeling about this but I really hope I am wrong.

Why are they looking for the pink flower? Do they think someone killed her and kept it as a trophy?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I am not sure why the emphasis on the flower. Especially because she went on a mudding adventure I believe two days before she went missing so it could have been lost at any time during or after that day. This is the most recent article which again mentions the flower. There has to be cameras in this area. It seems so unusual that she left for work and just never showed.

https://www.kamloopsthisweek.com/loc...yundai-4731805

Landlords say nothing seemed amiss when Shannon White left for work on Nov. 1 — and never arrived at Hyundai
    The 32-year-old woman has been missing since leaving home on Nov. 1. On Nov. 2, her Jeep was found parked on Nicola Street in downtown Kamloops
    2 days ago By: Kamloops This Week Staff

This photo shows Shannon White's Jeep parked in the 200-block of Nicola Street in downtown Kamloops, outside the Sacred Heart Cathedral. The vehicle was found on Nov. 2, a day after Shannon failed to arrive at work.
    If you have information on the whereabouts of Shannon White, call Kamloops RCMP at 250-828-3000.
    Shannon White had a pink flower on the back of her Jeep that is missing. Police are searching for said flower in connection to White's disappearance.
    PreviousNext1 / 3 This photo shows Shannon White's Jeep parked in the 200-block of Nicola Street in downtown Kamloops, outside the Sacred Heart Cathedral. The vehicle was found on Nov. 2, a day after Shannon failed to arrive at work.KTWExpand
    This photo shows Shannon White's Jeep parked in the 200-block of Nicola Street in downtown Kamloops, outside the Sacred Heart Cathedral. The vehicle was found on Nov. 2, a day after Shannon failed to arrive at work.If you have information on the whereabouts of Shannon White, call Kamloops RCMP at 250-828-3000.Shannon White had a pink flower on the back of her Jeep that is missing. Police are searching for said flower in connection to White's disappearance.
    Matt Hatch is confident he saw Shannon White drive off for work on Monday, Nov. 1 shortly after 8 a.m.

Shannon, 32, has not been seen or heard from since and the RCMP’s serious crimes unit is investigating her disappearnce, with police labelling it “suspicious.”

Shannon rented a basement suite from Matt and wife Quinn on Bestwick Court in Lower Sahali and was known for her daily routine.

At about 11:30 a.m. on Nov. 1, — three hours after Shannon failed to show up for her job at Kamloops Hyundai at 940 Notre Dame Drive in Southgate (a two-kilometre drive) — Matt said he began receiving concerned messages from Shannon’s friends.

On Nov. 2 — the day after she left for work and never arrived — at about 3:30 p.m., police found Shannon’s vehicle, a 1997 black TJ model with BC licence plate KA0 22N, parked where it had no business being — in the 200-block of Nicola Street just outside the Sacred Heart Cathedral in downtown Kamloops. The spot is 1.3 kilometres from Shannon’s home via Sahali Terrace and Columbia Street West and in the opposite direction of her workplace.

Shannon is an avid member of a local Jeep off-roading club, making the abandonment of her vehicle all the more curious.

Shannon did not return home despite having a pet dog, Buddy, which Quinn described as Shannon’s whole world. The dog is now in the care of friends.

According to Quinn, the morning White went missing was like any other.

Quinn was sitting in her vehicle waiting for her windows to defrost and said she saw Shannon, dressed for work, walk past Quinn’s car window in the driveway and toward her Jeep, but didn’t see Shannon enter the vehicle. Quinn said she didn’t see anyone with Shannon at the time.

Quinn said she drove away first at about 8:10 a.m. and didn’t see Shannon go back inside the house. She last saw Shannon outside, waiting for her Jeep to warm up.

Matt, who was in the house, heard the Jeep pulling out and saw it being driven away, but didn’t see White enter the vehicle or drive it.

He said he saw the vehicle make a left turn out of their cul-de-sac street, in the direction of the Hyundai dealership via Greenstone Drive and McGill Road.

“Every single morning, at the exact same time, she does the exact same thing. For me to think it was somebody else is completely false — it was her,” Matt said. “I’m 99.9 per cent sure.”

The last time Matt saw Shannon in person was the night before she disappeared, on Halloween night (Oct. 31) at about 8 p.m. when he took a bag of leftover Halloween candy down to her.

“Everything seemed nice and fine and said hi and then I went back upstairs and that’s it.” Matt said.

He told KTW he can’t say for sure if Shannon had any guests over when he last saw her, but he doesn’t think so as he didn’t see anyone when he went downstairs, nor did he hear anything that would suggest someone else was in the suite.

Close friend was in contact with Shannon on morning of disappearance
    Makayla Peverill is a a close friend of Shannon and fellow member of the same off-roading club. She said she last saw Shannon in person on the night of Saturday, Oct. 30, when Shannon visited Makayla for dinner and a drive to watch for Northern Lights. The last time Makayla had contact with Shannon was via Facebook message at 8:04 a.m. on Nov. 1, the day she disappeared.

The two made plans to have Shannon visit to do some work on her Jeep later that night and Shannon’s last message confirmed those plans.

Makayla said she has known Shannon for two years. Shannon was single at the time she disappeared, but Makayla confirmed Shannon did have an ex-boyfriend, with whom White had issues, but they had been broken up for about a year.

Police have been made aware of Shannon’s former partner, Peverill said.

“It was a very tumultuous relationship,” Makayla said.”It was not a very friendly breakup. As far as anything else, the police have been notified as to any specific incidents.”

Makayla said Shannon and her ex had “intermittent contact” in the year since they broke up, but Shannon had not shared with her any recent encounters or communications between them.

Makayla said Shannon has a large group of friends, noting she couldn’t speculate as to whether anyone would want to hurt her.

She said her friend is extremely kind, outgoing, bubbly and outgoing.

“She loves her Jeep community and enjoys kayaking and playing pool at pubs and she’s very intelligent, an avid writer and she loves to read,” Makayla said.

Shannon, who is originally from Ontario, isn’t the type to run away regardless of the circumstances, Makyala said.

Makayla said she was in contact with Shannon almost every day and when she didn’t show up for work, both she and Shannon’s boss immediately suspected something was wrong.

They tried calling her, but Shannon’s phone was turned off. Text messages weren’t going through and calls were sent straight to voicemail.

Quinn said it’s not like Shannon to disappear for stretches of time, noting she is normally regularly in contact with her landlords.

“If she was even going to be an hour late coming home from work, she would let us know and we would let her dog out for her,” Quinn said.

“And if she was going to be away for any length of time. she usually told us too — whether she was taking her dog with her or not. Sometimes she would have a friend come over to feed him.”

An odd place to find her Jeep
    The placement of Shannon’s vehicle in the 200-block of Nicola Street is suspicious.

Makayla said she is not aware of anyone Shannon would have been visiting there and Quinn noted it was odd to find it there as Shannon was headed in the opposite direction for work on Nov. 1.

Quinn said she and her husband would cross paths with Shannon just about every day and didn’t notice her acting out of the ordinary leading to her disappearance.

“She seemed pleasant and everything was normal. It was very out of the blue. She disappeared and didn’t come home and didn’t contact anybody, so definitely unnerving,” Quinn said.

Quinn said it’s been a “chaotic few days” as she and Matt have been a primary point of contact with the RCMP, who have been coming and going from the house, having interviewed the Hatches and conducted forensic work.

Makayla hopes people will check their dash cameras and other security camera footage from Nov. 1 to determine if any sign of White and her Jeep was picked up.

Matt said he feels there has to be security camera footage of the vehicle’s movements.

“Somebody knows something. Somebody’s seen something,” he said.

Kamloops Mounties have issued an appeal to the public to be on the lookout for the 32-year-old White, who stands 5-foot-5, weighs 180 pounds and has blond hair, green eyes and fair skin.

Police are asking anyone with information regarding White’s whereabouts to contact them, specifically anyone who may have seen her or her Jeep on Monday Nov. 1, or who may have residential, commercial or dash-cam video surveillance in the Lower Sahali, Notre Dame Drive and downtown areas.

Police also want to find a pink flower that typically sits above the spare tire on the back of Shannon’s Jeep. The flower was missing from its spot when the vehicle was found abandoned on Nicola Street.

Anyone with information on Shannon’s whereabouts is asked to contact the Kamloops RCMP at 250-828-3000 and reference file number 2021-38386

Police searching ex-boyfriend's trailer :/

https://www.surreynowleader.com/news...mloops-woman/#

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    Shannon's FB: https://www.facebook.com/shannon.doh.white.1

She seems to have such a tight friend group! And she is such an adventurer! I am a Jeep girl and used to go mudding with friends. I don't have a good feeling about this but I really hope I am wrong.
    Yes, the Jeep was found abandoned, never a good sign - especially someone who obviously loved her Jeep so much. Even though the family is sure she didn't do it, if she wanted a break and left of her own accord, I'm pretty sure she would take the Jeep with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Why are they looking for the pink flower? Do they think someone killed her and kept it as a trophy?
    Get outta my head. I wondered the same thing. Also, I wish they would clarify. Is it a plastic/silk flower? A decal? What's it made of? One of those magnetized bumper sticker things? Is it realistic? Cartoonish? It would help if they'd provide a description or a photo of a similar "flower."

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    Police searching ex-boyfriend's trailer :/
    Yeah, from RBW's post: "A friend of White?s told KTW she had a tumultuous relationship and breakup with a boyfriend last year..." I would hate to be the ex- or the landlord in a situation like this - 'tumultuous' ex-, and the last person(s) to see her alive. Either would be a very uncomfortable position right now.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Re: the flower. I was able to see a glimpse of it on one of her pics on FB. All I could tell is that it is bright pink.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Flower

Thanx, Pidge!

Looks like a silk flower to me.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    From June 2023: https://cfjctoday.com/2023/06/26/nea...-can-be-found/

Six-hundred-two days after she first went missing, Shannon White’s whereabouts still remain in question. White was last seen on the morning of November 1, 2021 leaving for work. As the days continue to pass, the hope still remains high from Shannon’s father Gerald.

“I hope every day that we come to that,” Gerald White told CFJC Today. “She’s a beautiful person. She loved the Jeep community and became a part of that really early on.”

Along with the RCMP’s search for White, the Search, Recovery & Detection K9s of B.C. have also worked countless hours searching for any traces of her.

“It makes you feel good because you know these dogs can cover way more than a person can cover in any given day,” White said. “Just to see what they can do and the skills of the dogs of what they’re trained to do to me is pretty amazing.”

“We just try to rule out areas,” Randy MacLeod from SRD K9s of B.C. told CFJC Today. “Some of the areas have been searched and gone over a number of times and for various reasons we wanna go over them again and just make sure. We can only go on the information and the hints and the clues and things that we hear heavily relying on the information that most people know through the RCMP. They are, of course, in charge always.”

As the days go by, the pain still lingers through Shannon’s family and friends, including her best friend Angela Hulsman who looks after Shannon’s dog buddy.

“No matter how long it goes without closure without those answers, that pain will always be there not knowing,” Hulsman told CFJC Today. “Closure doesn’t come until you get those answers. There’s good days, there’s bad days. When bad days are there it’s hard then other days you find that you are doing well and you carry on with life and then something reminds you of her and then it brings back those emotions.”

Kamloops RCMP say Shannon White’s disappearance still remains under investigation.

Thread Information