Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Heidi Planck (39) missing from Los Angeles County, CA since 10/17/2021

Heidi Planck (39) missing from Los Angeles County, CA since 10/17/2021

https://abc7chicago.com/heidi-planck...ance/11185621/

Family members and police are asking for the public's help in the search for a missing 39-year-old mother whose disappearance two weeks ago has been marked by several perplexing developments.

Heidi Planck was last seen on Oct. 17 in Downey, Los Angeles County, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

Security footage from that day shows her leaving her home with her dog.

Planck went to Downey to watch her 10-year-old son play football, but her ex-husband Jim Wayne said she left the game early.

"She may have been a little bit edgy. I don't know," Wayne said. "I just know that was the last time that we spoke to her."

Three days later, Planck did not pick up her son from his school, the LAPD said. That's when Wayne, who shares custody of their son with Planck, knew something was wrong and went to the police.

"She doesn't let a day go by without either a text message or a phone call, even if she was really busy," Wayne said.

In a puzzling twist, on the day Planck disappeared, her dog was found in the evening -- wandering around on an upper floor of a high-rise apartment building in downtown Los Angeles, about 12 miles away from where she was last seen.

"People are very, very attached to their pets, and their pets do not just go missing," said Jarrod Burguan, a retired San Bernardino police chief. "There clearly is something out of place here."

Wayne said Planck is devoted to their son.

"She's a good mom. She's really a good mom," he said. "She wouldn't let a day go by without talking to her son, there's no way."

Planck is described as white with blond hair and blue eyes. She is 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighs about 120 pounds. She was last seen wearing jeans and a gray sweater, driving a gray 2017 Range Rover with California license plate No. U840X0.

Anyone with information about her whereabouts is urged to call the LAPD's Missing Persons Unit at (213)996-1800.

This timeline is a little blurry as to when she actually went missing. Thats weird about her dog being found where he was.

I see we have another 5'3 120 pounder.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I'll be the one to say is. So glad the dog is okay!

Hopefully she is, too, but not sounding good.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    This timeline is a little blurry as to when she actually went missing. Thats weird about her dog being found where he was.

I see we have another 5'3 120 pounder.
    Yeah, but the difference is that she is old. I'm surprised they even posted an article about her since she's ancient. Everyone knows that we only care about missing persons that are <30. Hell, just here on MDS you can look at the views and see if the person is old or young. People don't look at the "old" missing persons.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Yeah, but the difference is that she is old. I'm surprised they even posted an article about her since she's ancient. Everyone knows that we only care about missing persons that are <30. Hell, just here on MDS you can look at the views and see if the person is old or young. People don't look at the "old" missing persons.
    Wait, 39 is old?? I take offense to that!

And I'm not even 39...yet lol.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Wait, 39 is old?? I take offense to that!

And I'm not even 39...yet lol.
    I was being facetious, but that's how the general public (and apparently MDS readers based on the views of threads) look at it. I'm 47. How do you think I feel, lol.

I was being facetious, but that's how the general public (and apparently MDS readers based on the views of threads) look at it. I'm 47. How do you think I feel, lol.
    I didn't realize about it on MDS. I usually read most missing person's stuff, regardless of age.

I wonder if it's because with older folks (and I mean 60+) people might say "well, they're old, they probably got lost/confused, could be signs of dementia, etc." where as it's different with a young person.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Okay, so WHAT building matters. The majority of the buildings downtown are occupied by people who are really well off. However if it was in Skid Row, that points the finger in a worse direction. Either way very bizarre that the dog was found that far away. Unless for some reason someone found him roaming alone and took him home.

Downey has its good and bad areas. She doesn't sound like the type to go on a binge somewhere, but stranger things have happened.

Another thing that is confusing about this article is that it says she was last seen leaving to walk her dog, but then they mention the car that she's driving. So where's the car? For she drive away from being last seen? Or did she walk away with her dog?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Okay, so WHAT building matters. The majority of the buildings downtown are occupied by people who are really well off. However if it was in Skid Row, that points the finger in a worse direction. Either way very bizarre that the dog was found that far away. Unless for some reason someone found him roaming alone and took him home.

Downey has its good and bad areas. She doesn't sound like the type to go on a binge somewhere, but stranger things have happened.

Another thing that is confusing about this article is that it says she was last seen leaving to walk her dog, but then they mention the car that she's driving. So where's the car? For she drive away from being last seen? Or did she walk away with her dog?
    I think she took the dog with her when going to see her kid play his game. I think she left with the dog and that was the last anyone saw her.

I have those same questions. Too much confusion about where she was and when she was last seen.

Ever since I read about that case where the mom dipped out on her family for 11 years Im suspicious of all missing people.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I think she took the dog with her when going to see her kid play his game. I think she left with the dog and that was the last anyone saw her.
    If this is the case, she could have gone to DTLA to meet someone. Leaving the dog to wander on a top floor makes zero sense though. Unless, again, someone spotted the dog and figured it would be safer inside of the building than wandering the streets, but didn't want to deal with it any further than that.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

According to the Daily Mail out of the UK, Planck was a financial controller and managing partner of the investment firm where she worked. Currently the firm is under investigation for fraud to the tune of $43 million by the SEC. Here is the link to the Daily Mail article. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...high-rise.html

To me, this whole being a controller for an investment firm being under investigation really needs to be scrutinized. My feeling is she was trying to do the right thing and someone didn't want her to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwitch65 View Post
    According to the Daily Mail out of the UK, Planck was a financial controller and managing partner of the investment firm where she worked. Currently the firm is under investigation for fraud to the tune of $43 million by the SEC. Here is the link to the Daily Mail article. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...high-rise.html

To me, this whole being a controller for an investment firm being under investigation really needs to be scrutinized. My feeling is she was trying to do the right thing and someone didn't want her to talk.
    First of all, welcome!

Hmmm, that's very interesting. I could see her wanting to do the right thing and someone not wanting her to, or her possibly being involved in the fraud and choosing to disappear. I'm not leaning one way or another at this point.

Thanks for the great info! Welcome, and post more. I like where you're from

https://www.foxnews.com/us/missing-m...anck-foul-play

Missing California woman's ex-husband suspects foul play: 'Something's dirty here'

Heidi Planck, a Los Angeles mother, has been missing for more than two weeks as of Tuesday, and her ex-husband suspects there may be some foul play behind her disappearance.

Planck's family reported her missing to the Los Angeles Police Department on Oct. 20 after she failed to pick up her 10-year-old son from school, but she was last seen on Oct. 17, when she abruptly left her son's football game in Downey before it was over.

Jim Wayne believes his ex-wife's job may have played a role in her disappearance after he received a phone call from a Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) official on Oct. 21 asking him what he knows about her boss, Jason Sugarman.

"I don't know how she got my name and I don't know how she got my number, but she called me and started asking me questions about Sugarman," he said. "Something's dirty here."

Planck was working as a controller and executive assistant for an investment advisory company under investigation by the SEC called Camden Capital Partners LLC, according to her LinkedIn and Facebook profiles.

The SEC in 2019 charged Camden Capital executive Sugarman and his business partner, Jason Galanis, with securities fraud. The pair had developed a scheme to steal $43 million from its clients that they purported to invest in Native American tribal bonds. Sugarman "ultimately siphoned almost $9 million in cash for his direct and personal benefit," according to a 2019 SEC complaint. Galanis pleaded guilty to "multiple fraudulent schemes" in January of 2020 and was sentenced to more than 15 years in prison.

Sugarman appeared to delete his LinkedIn profile on Tuesday after Fox News reached out for comment.

Planck told her friends and family that the company had "some tax filings that were due" and had complained that "her boss has her name on so much of their corporate paperwork," Wayne said.

Officials also raided Planck's apartment last week, according to Wayne, who believes the officials were federal agents, though the FBI said the "LAPD is leading this investigation." The Los Angeles Police Department on Tuesday morning said it had no further information regarding its investigation into Planck's disappearance.

Law enforcement officials have collected all of Planck's electronics as well as her son's phone, Wayne said.

The 39-year-old's dog was discovered on the 28th floor of a high-rise residential building in downtown LA, without any of Planck's belongings, hours after Planck was last seen on Oct. 17. Wayne traced the dog's microchip to the apartment complex after she was reported missing.

"He was found wandering around a luxury apartment complex downtown Los Angeles," Wayne told Fox News Digital. Residents of the apartment complex found and cared for the dog until Wayne contacted the microchip company and tracked down its location, as The Daily Mail first reported.

He added that Planck had no connection to the building, and when he checked its parking garage a few days later, he did not see her car there.

At first, Wayne said, the owners of the building "weren't being very collaborative" with law enforcement in terms of handing over security footage and other information. After police served them a warrant, however, the owners began cooperating.

"It's an enormous building," Wayne said. "So, I'm just, I'm totally bewildered by this. This is completely puzzling why we haven't found out anything."
    I'm really beginning to believe that GreenWitch is right.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/missing-m...anck-foul-play

Missing California woman's ex-husband suspects foul play: 'Something's dirty here'

I'm really beginning to believe that GreenWitch is right.
    Yep, me too and I wonder if her boss maybe lived there.

ETA: Maybe this scenario. She gets a call while at her son's game and is told by her boss or someone in the company that she has to meet them (or someone) in DTLA and that it's urgent. Otherwise why would she abruptly leave her son's game? She gets to the building and is let in to the garage. She parks and is ambushed and in the process the dog escapes the car and runs away in the garage. Later on, someone spots the dog and either it gets on the elevator with someone on its own it someone brings it in to the building because it's safer inside and just figures that eventually someone would find it. Maybe assuming that someone in the building owns it.

They take off with her in her car and who knows after that. I wouldn't be suprised if they found her car somewhere in Watts or Compton because all these rich folks love to assume that the police will point the finger at gangs and POC. Either that or they'll find the car somewhere in the high desert where they could have disposed of her body.

The likelihood of her being alive is not very good right now. Nobody leaves their dog behind willingly.

It'll be interesting to see what they find on that footage.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 11-02-2021 at 03:17 PM.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Hopefully there's cameras for the parking garage in this building so they can at least see if she was ever there alive with her pup.

This is a long article so I'm just linking

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3993660...disappearance/
    Missing mom Heidi Planck’s boyfriend who ‘thought she ghosted him’ is high-flying exec at Mark Zuckerberg’s charity

This is a long article so I'm just linking

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3993660...disappearance/
    Missing mom Heidi Planck’s boyfriend who ‘thought she ghosted him’ is high-flying exec at Mark Zuckerberg’s charity
    Another weird piece of the weird puzzle.

Lightbulb

They take off with her in her car and who knows after that.
    Her vehicle looks to be a newer high-end model and I would think it would have a GPS locator on it for theft recovery of something like that. My 2012 Chevy has OnStar and even it can be located using GPS. I would look at that information and see where that leads you. You should be able to trace her movements with that information. And they have traffic cameras all over SoCal. Those too, should be utilized to track her movements.

Her vehicle looks to be a newer high-end model and I would think it would have a GPS locator on it for theft recovery of something like that. My 2012 Chevy has OnStar and even it can be located using GPS. I would look at that information and see where that leads you. You should be able to trace her movements with that information. And they have traffic cameras all over SoCal. Those too, should be utilized to track her movements.
    I agree. There's surveillance EVERYWHERE around here. Just about every traffic light has a camera and every business and home these days. It's good thinking on the GPS. They may have to obtain a warrant in order to get the info. Let's hope they go that route.
    Oh well, back to gum.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2021...g-person-case/

Information Continues To Mount In Heidi Planck Missing Person Case

New information has continued to come to light over recent days in the Heidi Planck missing person case.

On October 29, officers entered her home with a warrant and guns drawn, expecting to find a crime scene.

On Wednesday, detectives seized security video footage from the apartment complex building where Planck’s dog was found wandering alone on the 28th floor. The complex had previously been noncooperative when it came to the investigation, refusing to turn over any security footage without a warrant.

On Thursday, investigators revealed that they had found new video of Planck’s boss, Jason Sugarman, at her home just two days before her disappearance. Sugarman and his business, Camden Capital Partners, are currently being investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission. Planck acts as Financial Controller for the company. The company is alleged to have stolen $43 million from unwitting pension funds.

Today, there are reports of new video that show Planck at the apartment complex just hours before her dog was found.

There are other reports that Planck’s ex-husband, Jim Wayne, the father of her son, was awarded sole custody of the boy in court on Friday, following his court request just days after Planck was last seen. They previously had shared custody of their son.

He cites Planck’s disappearance as his reasoning in requesting sole custody: “I urgently need these orders to put my son into therapy immediately, because he is completely distraught at his mother’s disappearance.”

Even more information indicates that Wayne allegedly took Planck’s work laptop and her personal phone on October 20, keeping them for more than a week before turning them over to authorities.

As recently as a few weeks ago, Wayne shared his opinion that her disappearance may be related to the investigation into her workplace.

Wayne declined to comment when CBSLA reporters reached out to him on Friday.

Authorities have yet to name a person of interest in the case.

Well now why is the Ex acting all sketchy? I wasn't suspecting him before, but he sure isn't doing himself any favors by holding on to her stuff and seeking sole custody.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Well now why is the Ex acting all sketchy? I wasn't suspecting him before, but he sure isn't doing himself any favors by holding on to her stuff and seeking sole custody.
    My thoughts exactly.

Right?! Just put your kid in therapy Jack. Super suss now but I wasn't before this info along with him having her work property for a week.

Thread Information