Thread: Las Vegas Raider wide receiver Henry Ruggs III (22) charged with DUI resulting in the death of Tina Tintor (23) and her dog

Las Vegas Raider wide receiver Henry Ruggs III (22) charged with DUI resulting in the death of Tina Tintor (23) and her dog

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/02/us/la...dui/index.html

Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs III has been charged with driving under the influence (DUI) resulting in a death after his car rear-ended another car and left one person dead, according to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.

LVMPD responded to the crash early Tuesday -- around 3:39 a.m. -- near an intersection where they found a Chevrolet Corvette and a Toyota RAV4 that was on fire. Firefighters responded and found a person dead inside the Toyota, police said.

"The preliminary investigation indicates the front of the Chevrolet collided with the rear of the Toyota," LVMPD said in a Twitter thread.

Ruggs, 22, was identified as the driver of the Chevrolet and remained on scene where he was showing signs of impairment, police said. He was taken to University Medical Center of Southern Nevada with non-life threatening injuries.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...out&li=BBnbfcL

Police say Henry Ruggs III was driving 156 mph. This wasn’t an accident. It was an inevitability.

Drunk at more than twice the legal limit and hauling his Corvette down a residential street at 156 miles per hour with his girlfriend by his side, according to Las Vegas Metropolitan Police, he was a loaded weapon looking for a victim or victims.

He found one, a 23-year-old woman in a Toyota RAV4 who was driving down Rainbow Boulevard, located about 5 miles west of the famed Strip, at 3:39 a.m.

As Ruggs’ approached the woman’s vehicle on the three-lane road, he veered right behind her before slamming into her car, police said. The RAV4 immediately burst into flames. The fire department found her inside the vehicle and declared her dead at the scene. The remains of a dog were also found in the car.

Wednesday morning prosecutors detailed new evidence against Ruggs, who was in his second year with the Las Vegas Raiders and a former star wideout at the University of Alabama. Ruggs was charged on Tuesday with DUI resulting in death and reckless driving.

The first charge carries a penalty of 2-20 years. The reckless driving is up to six additional. The Raiders released their 2020 first-round draft pick hours later.

In a preliminary court hearing, Chief Deputy District Attorney Eric Bauman painted a picture of a reckless 22-year-old, drunk amid a series of terrible decisions that resulted in grave consequences. Bauman said crash scene evidence and speed determining algorithms indicate that Ruggs was traveling 156 miles an hour about 2.5 seconds before impact. His car was at 127 mph when its airbags deployed.

“I cannot recall a speed that high in my career on the bench,” Judge Joe Bonaventure remarked, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

It is an almost unfathomable speed on a city street in a tightly packed suburban area of Las Vegas.

Ruggs and his girlfriend sustained injuries that left them briefly hospitalized, but by Tuesday afternoon he was booked in Clark County Jail. On Wednesday, he appeared in court seated in a wheelchair, with a banged up face and a neck brace.

Bonaventure ordered a $150,000 bond and, if released, the highest level of electronic monitoring. Terms would include being prohibited from drinking alcohol and operating a motor vehicle. It was well below the $1 million bond that prosecutors sought.

Regardless, Ruggs is in significant trouble.

“It is the worst set of circumstances I've ever seen in a DUI case,” said Craig Mordock of Mordock Legal in New Orleans, where he has defended over 500 DUI cases.

If the evidence prosecutors are bringing forward is accurate, there are few, if any, mitigating factors that can help him, Mordock said. At this point, Ruggs can show only remorse and point to a previously clean record that might spare him from a sentence that pushes toward the maximum allowed.

“He has had no previous trouble with the law and I would assume by the time he gets around to sentencing he’ll be able to show a great deal of remorse,” Mordock said. “But in the end I don’t think that saves him.”

The fact that Ruggs alleged crimes are numerous – driving while drunk, excessive speeding and reckless driving – mean that there were numerous ways for him to kill someone and suggests it was a matter of time before he hit something or someone in the suburban neighborhoods near the Strip.

This wasn’t an accident. It was an inevitability.

In terms of football, Ruggs’ once promising career is likely over. Known for his blazing speed on the field, the 12th overall selection of the 2019 NFL draft had 24 receptions for 469 yards and two touchdowns this season for the Raiders. He was in the middle of a contract that paid him just over $4 million per year on average.
    https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/...paths-2471162/

When Tina Tintor crossed paths with Raiders star Henry Ruggs on Tuesday morning, both were just miles from their homes.

Clark County property records show that Tintor and Ruggs have lived down the road from each other since at least April, when the once promising young football player purchased his $1.1 million home in Del Rey Estates, about 3 miles north of the house that Tintor’s family has owned for nearly two decades.

Neither would make it home that morning.

Two Las Vegas police reports related to the crash were released Wednesday, offering a clearer picture of a deadly encounter that upended the lives of two families and sent shockwaves throughout the NFL.

In the pre-dawn hours, with a waning crescent moon hanging over the Las Vegas Valley, Tintor drove her Toyota RAV4 along Rainbow Boulevard, her dog in the back seat, toward her family’s neighborhood lined with houses built in the 1970s.

At the same time, according to the reports, a flashy Chevrolet Corvette Stingray driven by the 22-year-old football player zoomed down the busy road, inching closer to Tintor’s SUV. His longtime girlfriend, Kiara Kilgo-Washington, was next to him in the passenger seat, police have said.

The couple, who share a young daughter, had been drinking mai tais at Topgolf Las Vegas hours earlier, according to videos posted to their social media accounts and an impaired driving report prepared by police.
    Ruggs, who wasn’t wearing a seatbelt, was driving 156 mph mere seconds before the crash, over 110 mph above the speed limit in the residential area, according to his arrest report. When the Corvette’s airbags deployed, it had “slowed” to 127 mph.

The impact sent the RAV4 hurtling down the northbound lanes of Rainbow Boulevard for more than 570 feet before it came to a rest just south of Spring Valley Parkway, the arrest report states. The crumpled two-door Corvette spun out for nearly 520 feet before stopping near a block wall.

As the vehicle fire grew near the intersection, a Dodge Durango pulled over to help, according to the reports. The occupants of the Dodge were soon joined by Hart, the security guard.

In total, the records show, at least three bystanders had stopped at the intersection to help Tintor.

When Hart arrived at the crash site, according to the arrest report, he heard screams coming from the RAV4. The driver was still alive, he told police, but she was pinned inside the SUV. None of the bystanders could pull her out.

Eventually, they had to back away as smoke and heat from flames choked the RAV4. Tintor and her dog died in the SUV, authorities said. She was 23.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-04-2021 at 08:05 AM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    He needs the maximum. There's ZERO fucking excuse to drive like that drunk or not. Even someone completely plastered knows that driving that fast will kill someone.

I also know that everyone is going to say it. The fact that the dog died in the crash pisses me off even more.

This might be Tina's old Facebook, although it hasn't been updated in about seven years:

https://www.facebook.com/SmIlYbOoO
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Being drunk isn't an excuse in my opinion...it's another charge and should enhance all the charges.

Ugh, that is awful. She was alive and trapped in a fire. Those poor bystanders, having to witness that and trying but unable to help.

This guy is an idiot, had the chance of the lifetime to play for an NFL team and threw it all away.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Wait he didnt have a seatbelt on? How did he survive that?

This is just horrific.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Wait he didnt have a seatbelt on? How did he survive that?
    Drunk.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

TMZ has a video

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    TMZ has a video
    Yeah, and in that video his girlfriend doesn't even give a fuck about the victim in the burning car. She just keeps yelling to get HIM help and claiming that he's "knocked unconscious" when he CLEARLY isn't. You don't sit up, cry and swear when you're knocked out. What a fucking DOUCHEBAG.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Yeah, and in that video his girlfriend doesn't even give a fuck about the victim in the burning car. She just keeps yelling to get HIM help and claiming that he's "knocked unconscious" when he CLEARLY isn't. You don't sit up, cry and swear when you're knocked out. What a fucking DOUCHEBAG.
    Oh, I thought she was talking about the person in the other car, and she thought it was a he.

Oh, I thought she was talking about the person in the other car, and she thought it was a he.
    I don't think so. She seemed solely focused on him. I could be wrong though. The cops were heading to the car and she yelled "Can we get some help HERE" which gives me the impression that she thought they were ignoring him to try to help the person in the other car. Then someone said to her, "The medics are on the way". That makes me think that she was talking about him and not the other victim.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't think so. She seemed solely focused on him. I could be wrong though. The cops were heading to the car and she yelled "Can we get some help HERE" which gives me the impression that she thought they were ignoring him to try to help the person in the other car. Then someone said to her, "The medics are on the way". That makes me think that she was talking about him and not the other victim.
    Yeah it's confusing.

Nope shes yelling for them to help her stupid boyfriend. Shes a dumb bitch.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Ugh I saw this story earlier. Absolutely awful and such a senseless death. I hope they throw the book at this fuck face and he should have to listen to that girls screams for the rest of his life.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    Also lets talk about his team's statement that they stand by him and still love him.
    No. Trash. Fuck off.
    He's trash and so is his girlfriend.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Would not be the first NFL player to piss away a lifetime of privilege and wealth (Aaron Hernandez anyone?)

Ugh, that is awful. She was alive and trapped in a fire. Those poor bystanders, having to witness that and trying but unable to help.

This guy is an idiot, had the chance of the lifetime to play for an NFL team and threw it all away.

If he has any sense he will take any plea deal thrown his way no matter what. Most states this is felony vehicular homicide treated the same as premeditated murder. No death penalty but life in prison is a strong possibility if they offer him life WITH a chance for parole he had better jump at the offer. We all know he will not.
    As I live in the Bronx someone will likely someday murder me. I do not want them to get death that is too easy I want them to spend a long long 90 year life in Clinton Or Sing Sing state prison

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    Ugh I saw this story earlier. Absolutely awful and such a senseless death. I hope they throw the book at this fuck face and he should have to listen to that girls screams for the rest of his life.

In 1968, my father witnessed an automobile accident in front of the shop where he worked. The car burst into flames, and a young woman who had been married a week was trapped inside the car and screaming for help. My father and every man in that shop ran to the car and tried to get her out but they couldn't. I remember when he came home and couldn't stop crying because he felt like they let her down. Decades later he would still choke up if he tried to talk about it. Dad was haunted by that scene until he died in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by TupelosDaddy View Post
    If he has any sense he will take any plea deal thrown his way no matter what. Most states this is felony vehicular homicide treated the same as premeditated murder. No death penalty but life in prison is a strong possibility if they offer him life WITH a chance for parole he had better jump at the offer. We all know he will not.
    As I live in the Bronx someone will likely someday murder me. I do not want them to get death that is too easy I want them to spend a long long 90 year life in Clinton Or Sing Sing state prison
    I agree with this for the truly guilty. For the wrongfully convicted, it gives them an opportunity to prove their innocence. It's a win-win.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    In 1968, my father witnessed an automobile accident in front of the shop where he worked. The car burst into flames, and a young woman who had been married a week was trapped inside the car and screaming for help. My father and every man in that shop ran to the car and tried to get her out but they couldn't. I remember when he came home and couldn't stop crying because he felt like they let her down. Decades later he would still choke up if he tried to talk about it. Dad was haunted by that scene until he died in 2020.

I agree with this for the truly guilty. For the wrongfully convicted, it gives them an opportunity to prove their innocence. It's a win-win.
    I witnessed a man die in front of me after being hit by a car. I promise you. It NEVER leaves you and he wasn't even crying for help. Just trying to get up when he clearly couldn't and confused until he lost consciousness. I can't imagine someone alert and knowing what's happening being burned up and not being able to help. I only wish that in this case that both she and the dog were unconscious and didn't know they were burning

This asshole KNEW he was driving like a dick and there's no excuse. He did this shit on purpose and just like what Jillian said. I have ZERO sympathy for him.

ETA: This asshole didn't need "Love". He needed a fucking reality check that you aren't the shit and you aren't invincible and neither are the people around you that you hurt.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 11-12-2021 at 06:48 PM.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Thread Information