Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Halyna Hutchins (42) Died After Alec Baldwin Discharged Prop Gun

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I'm not in the mood to argue, so I will say this and I am done until they say one way or another what they are going to do.

None of us know what they are going to do. I am not a fan anymore (used to really like him 30 years ago) but that has no bearing on how I feel.

There was no intent. He was told it was a cold gun. Producer or not, he can't oversee everything on the movie...that's why you hire other professionals and they take on the responsibility.

I'm a huge union supporter, but my guess is the replacement scabs were probably just as qualified, but with less ethics and morals. My guess is it would have happened no matter what was going on with the union. The safety accusations from before could very well back him up, because even then he was not the prop handler. If they had an issue it would have been with the props person(s), not him.

I think he will not be charged (as happened with the Lee shooting) and her estate will sue him and the insurance on the movie will pay up.

Sadly for her, life will move on and this will become another asterisk on an IMDB entry.

I feel sorry for everyone involved. I look at it like when you are coming down a residential street and not paying full attention, but following the speed limit and other laws, and a toddler, whose mom looked away to answer her phone, shoots out of the driveway into the path of your car and you kill them. It's a horrible tragedy, and EVERYONE involved will have their life change and have to live with the consequences and guilt forever, but likely no one will be charged.

So that's my $.02.
    I agree there was no intent. And there may well be no criminal charges, but I'm sure there will be civil liability. Halyna's family will sue and will get big bucks. Hopefully, for Baldwin's sake, the corners he cut didn't include skimping on liability insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

So they're going to argue that union members who were concerned for their colleague's safety decided to place their colleagues at even higher risk of workplace injury/fatality just to prove their original concerns over workplace safety were legit. Ok then

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-...ged-/100595870

Lawyers representing the woman who loaded Alec Baldwin's gun say an act of "sabotage" by disgruntled crew members may have caused the fatal shooting on the set of Rust.

Key points:
    Lawyers for Hannah Gutierrez-Reed say she loaded the gun from a box of dummy rounds

She then handed the weapon to Alec Baldwin

Lawyers say the ammo could have been tampered with by disgruntled crew members

Hannah Gutierrez-Reed was the armourer in charge of weapons on the set of the Western movie, where Mr Baldwin fatally shot cinematographer Halyna Hutchins after being told his firearm was safe to use.

Ms Gutierrez-Reed's lawyers told the US television program Today that she had loaded the gun with ammunition from a box of dummy, or inert, rounds and had "no idea" where the live round that killed Ms Hutchins came from.

"We're assuming somebody put the live round in that box ? which if you think about that, the person who put the live round in the box of dummy rounds had to have the purpose of sabotaging this set," Jason Bowles said.

"There's no other reason you would do that. That you would mix that live round in with the dummy rounds."

Prosecutors have refused to rule out criminal charges over the death of Ms Hutchins.

Why prop guns?
    Prop guns are seen lined up in a row on a wall during an interview with a props expert.
    As police continue to investigate the fatal shooting of Ukrainian cinematographer Halyna Hutchins by actor Alec Baldwin, we take a look at the use of prop firearms in film productions and the protocols in place.

Read more
    Santa Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza has accused the film crew of "complacency" over safety.

There have been multiple reports that Rust camera crew members resigned the day before the shooting, in part due to significant safety concerns surrounding firearms and explosives on set.

Both Mr Baldwin and Ms Gutierrez-Reed are cooperating with the ongoing investigation.

Pressed on why somebody would deliberately sabotage the production by disguising a lethal round as safe ammunition, Mr Bowles pointed to "unhappy" crew members who had walked out hours before the shooting.

"We have people who had left the set, who had walked out because they were disgruntled," Mr Bowles said.

"We have a timeframe between 11am and 1pm that day in which the firearms at times were unattended. So there was opportunity to tamper with a scene."

When asked why Ms Gutierrez-Reed had left the firearms unattended, Mr Bowles said she had been asked by producers to shoulder additional duties as a "key props assistant," and was attending to those at the time of the shooting.

Mr Baldwin reposted a message by wardrobe assistant Terese Magpale Davis on social media this week, disputing reports of chaos and a lax attitude toward safety on the set.

"The story of us being overworked and surrounded by unsafe, chaotic conditions is bullshit," it read.

I guess they are finally going to charge Alec Baldwin: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...g-charged-rust

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I guess they are finally going to charge Alec Baldwin: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...g-charged-rust
    I saw this and I'm super surprised. Anyone else would be held accountable in some way so at least in this case his fame and stature isn't giving him favoritism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I hope he is found guilty...though something tells me he won't be.

Any bets on if he will get real jail time?

The assistant producer got probabtion.

It's for show. They want to punish them with the bad press and the hassle of a court case. I appreciate the effort, but it's an empty threat.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-say-rcna80722

Charges against Alec Baldwin dropped in fatal ‘Rust’ shooting, his attorneys say

Charges against Alec Baldwin dropped in fatal ‘Rust’ shooting, his attorneys say
    Hmm

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think he ever should have been charged. I think dropping the charges is the right thing. And no, I am not an Alec Badwin fan, I just think any onus belongs to the person who was hired to load/distribute/care for the weapons. I think someone charged him in the first name just to make a name for themselves.

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think he ever should have been charged. I think dropping the charges is the right thing. And no, I am not an Alec Baldwin fan, I just think any onus belongs to the person who was hired to load/distribute/care for the weapons. I think someone charged him in the first name just to make a name for themselves.
    I'm in your minority. I think they charged him to make it look like he was guilty but they knew they'd drop those charges before it ever went to trial. They knew the evidence would not show him to have done it deliberately or with malice.

And no, I'm not a fan of his.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Were the charges a stretch, yes. But he was the producer. I think there has to be some form of culpability. But the charges were exaggerated because of who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Were the charges a stretch, yes. But he was the producer. I think there has to be some form of culpability. But the charges were exaggerated because of who he is.
    Ok, I'll agree with that.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/21/enter...ges/index.html

Potential modifications to the firing mechanism of the gun prompted dismissal of charges against Baldwin, source tells CNN

New information is coming to light as to what led prosecutors to dismiss involuntary manslaughter charges against actor Alec Baldwin.

A source familiar with the case told CNN that the possibility of modifications to the firing mechanism of the gun was learned by the special prosecutors overseeing the case in New Mexico. The source said that the modifications to the gun used in the 2021 shooting on the set of ?Rust? included the potential ability for the gun to discharge a bullet without the trigger being pulled ? a claim which has been asserted by Baldwin, who referenced it in an interview with CNN last August.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/21/enter...ges/index.html

Potential modifications to the firing mechanism of the gun prompted dismissal of charges against Baldwin, source tells CNN
    What idiot would rig a gun to go off without the trigger being pulled?

Right, and who had the final say in allowing something like that to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    I'm in your minority. I think they charged him to make it look like he was guilty but they knew they'd drop those charges before it ever went to trial. They knew the evidence would not show him to have done it deliberately or with malice.

And no, I'm not a fan of his.
    I missed this earlier, but now with the latest report this has shown to be exactly the case IMO.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/rust-armor...y?id=100543258

'Rust' armorer accused of handing off bag of cocaine after deadly on-set shooting

https://abcnews.go.com/US/rust-armor...y?id=100543258

'Rust' armorer accused of handing off bag of cocaine after deadly on-set shooting
    Dang!!

The same one that handed the gun to Alec Baldwin, probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Here's the thing. Alec was the director and the buck is supposed to stop with him. I understand that you cannot always control what your staff is doing, but these movie sets play fast and loose with labor laws as it is. I do not think that any of this was done with malice and it was an accident, but it's still the director's responsibility to ensure that the set is safe for everyone. That's why I think that he should take some responsibility for what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Here's the thing. Alec was the director and the buck is supposed to stop with him. I understand that you cannot always control what your staff is doing, but these movie sets play fast and loose with labor laws as it is. I do not think that any of this was done with malice and it was an accident, but it's still the director's responsibility to ensure that the set is safe for everyone. That's why I think that he should take some responsibility for what happened.
    Agree.

Hes going to be recharged, confused how thats possible

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...se/ar-BB1gXDV5

Alec Baldwin has been indicted in the fatal shooting of Rust cinematographer Halyna Hutchins after a grand jury presented with a new investigation into the incident recommended charging the actor and producer of the low-budget Western.

Baldwin is expected to be charged by New Mexico prosecutors, who initially dropped the criminal case to review new evidence suggesting that the gun he was holding had been modified. The five-month investigation culminated with a forensic expert issuing a report clashing with an account of the incident from Baldwin, who maintained that did not pull the trigger on the firearm when it discharged.
    I think this is bs. The criminal case was dropped.

The dead woman deserves justice! Nobody should be at work working then shot to death and have the staff/company whatever say opppsie it was an accident everyone go about your lives its noones fault everyone just go home and we'll see you all tomorrow for another productice day at work.

Guns do not just accidentally go off by themselves. They will sometimes discharge if handled improperly or dropped but no firearm just shoots by itself someone must pull the trigger.

I did not read everything about this but from what I did read this gun was handled by multiple people just moments before the lady was shot to death, seems nobody inspected it. It also said Alec told people to get out of the way don't be standing in front of a loaded firearm. Yes I know it was supposed to be fake ammo but still you do not stand in front of a loaded firearm!

Some people feel that this was purely an accident and nobody is at fault. That is bullshit, if it were your wife or daughter or niece or grandaughter who was shot snd killed at work you would want the person who shot them dead to pay the price and go to prison! He said he didn't pull the trigger, bullshit! Again, firearms do not just go off by themselves without action from a human. Lock this muthafucka up!

Thread Information