Thread: Hatice Nur Karabulut (21) Died When She & Her Cousin (26) Fell 50m From A Cliff While Taking A Selfie (Turkey)

Hatice Nur Karabulut (21) Died When She & Her Cousin (26) Fell 50m From A Cliff While Taking A Selfie (Turkey)

https://au.news.yahoo.com/woman-plun...063050757.html

Woman plunges to death while taking selfie at Instagram spot

Sun, 17 October 2021, 5:30 pm

A young woman has plunged to her death from nearly 50 metres after she lost her balance while taking a selfie on a cliff near the bridge that featured in the opening sequence to the James Bond film Skyfall.

The incident took place close to the village of Hacikiri in the district of Karaisali in the Turkish province of Adana on Monday, October 11.

Hatice Nur Karabulut, 21, and her cousin Mazlum Sozeri, 26, were taking a selfie on a cliff edge with the century-old Varda Viaduct in the background.

Hatice Nur Karabulut, 21, fell to her death while trying to take the photo with her cousin. Source: Newsflash/Australscope

The stone arch railway viaduct was built by Imperial German engineers from 1905 to 1916 as part of the Berlin-Baghdad Railway.

It was famously featured in the opening chase scene in the 2012 James Bond film.

Hatice reportedly lost her balance, and Mazlum tried to grab hold of her. However, the two ended up plunging into the void from a height of 50 metres.

Emergency service teams were called to the scene by witnesses, and workers used a crane to winch the cousins from the spot where they had fallen.

Emergency workers were able to save one Source: Newsflash/Australscope

Hatice was pronounced dead at the scene and her body was taken for a post-mortem in the city of Adana, while her cousin was taken to a hospital in the provincial capital by ambulance.

Hatice had only recently started a job as a chef in a local restaurant and she had taken her cousin, who was visiting from Spain where he lives, to see the local tourist attraction.

Hatice leaves behind two grieving parents and a 14-year-old sister.

Mazlum's injuries were reported to be non-life-threatening.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Another stupid selfie death. Darwin Award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Props to her cousin for trying to save her. I don't know if I would go all out for just a cousin

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

How did one die and the other live? Is it the way they fell?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    How did one die and the other live? Is it the way they fell?
    I'm assuming Hatice served as an airbag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Thread Information