Thread: NYPD Cop, Yvonne Wu (31) Shot & Wounded Her Ex Girlfriend, Jenny Li (23) & Killed Her Ex's New Date (24)

NYPD Cop, Yvonne Wu (31) Shot & Wounded Her Ex Girlfriend, Jenny Li (23) & Killed Her Ex's New Date (24)

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...mpression=true

Off-duty NYPD cop shoots her ex-girlfriend and kills the ex?s new love interest: sources
    By ROCCO PARASCANDOLA, THOMAS TRACY and JOHN ANNESE
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
    OCT 13, 2021 AT 9:07 PM

An off-duty cop, enraged at finding her ex-girlfriend together with another woman, shot them both Wednesday ? killing the new lover and wounding the ex, police sources said.

The officer, Yvonne Wu, 31, who?s assigned to the 72nd Precinct in Brooklyn, opened fire on the couple in her ex?s home at 19th Ave. near 80th St. in Bensonhurst just after 5 p.m., hitting both in the chest, police sources said.

The officer?s ex-girlfriend, 23, suffered a non life-threatening wound; the other woman, 24, was critically injured and died of her injuries, sources said.

The cop was waiting for her ex in her Bensonhurst home when she came home with the other woman, said Assistant Chief Michael Kemper.

When one of the victims called 911, the operator could hear someone in the background saying, ?That?s what you get,? sources tell the Daily News.

The caller to 911 identified herself as Jenny Li, the officer?s girlfriend, the sources said.

Medics took both shooting victims, as well as a third patient, possibly the off-duty officer, to Maimonides Hospital.

When officers responded to the scene, they found the off-duty officer waiting outside, Kemper told reporters.

?I would describe her as calm, collected and very forthcoming,? he said.

?Simply put, she confessed. That?s all I?m going to say,? Kemper added when asked what she told the responding officers.

Wu, who joined the NYPD in 2016, is in custody, and charges against her are pending.

One of the dead woman?s friends told the Daily News on Wednesday that Li and Wu lived together in Bay Ridge until about a month ago, when they broke up.

Wu was sitting on Li?s bed when she and her new girlfriend came home, the friend said.

She did not walk into her ex and her lover. She was intruding her ex?s house without consent. She was trespassing,? she said.

Theresa DiGirolamo, who lives up the block, said she heard what sounded like a paper bag popping, then saw one of the victims taken away by ambulance.

?It?s like a pop, pop, one, two, three. Then four and maybe five,? she said.

DiGirolamo walked to the corner, and saw medics loading one of the women into an ambulance, ?her face like gray, like no life, lifeless.?

?This is a very quiet neighborhood. This is shocking for everybody,? she added.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I was just reading about this. Insanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

If they were broken up, why was she in her house? I think she knew her ex was bringing someone home.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    If they were broken up, why was she in her house? I think she knew her ex was bringing someone home.
    It does sound that way.

Can't help but wonder if she was ever sent to deal with domestic violence cases on the assumption she'd be less biased against victims than male officers

NYPD are already covering her arse & trying to make people feel sympathy for her

https://nypost.com/2021/10/14/yvonne...ex-girlfriend/

The off-duty NYPD officer who allegedly shot her ex-girlfriend and killed the woman?s new lover may have snapped because she was clinging to hope that they?d get back together, a high-ranking police source told The Post Thursday.

Officer Yvonne Wu, 31, had recently split with her ex, Jenny Li, 23, but was still spending the night on occasion at Li?s home in Brooklyn ? and may have lost it when she saw her there with another woman, the source said.

Officer Yvonne Wu, 31, had recently split with her ex, Jenny Li, 23, but was still spending the night on occasion at Li?s home in Brooklyn ? and may have lost it when she saw her there with another woman, the source said.

?She was still staying there on and off. She was still staying there some nights. It?s not that strange, maybe she thought it could still work out,? the source said.

Wu, who works at the 72nd Precinct and lives on Staten Island, allegedly opened fire on Li and her 24-year-old new lover, Jamie Liang, at the home on 19th Avenue near 79th Street in Bensonhurst Wednesday night, according to police.

Officer Yvonne Wu, 31, had recently split with her ex, Jenny Li, 23, but was still spending the night on occasion at Li?s home in Brooklyn.
    ?When the cops get there, she says, ?I shot them both. The gun?s inside,? calm as can be,? the source said.

Liang was found with a bullet wound to the chest and was taken to Maimonides Medical Center, where she died. Li was in serious but stable condition on Thursday, police said.

The tragic love triangle came after Wu and Li dated for two years, then broke up three weeks ago, according to cops.

?This is a shock. Wu was a quiet, sweet person,? another police source said.

Wu, a five-year NYPD veteran, was likely waiting inside the home before the two victims arrived, but it wasn?t immediately clear how she entered, according to police.

She was undergoing an evaluation at the NYU Langone hospital in Brooklyn on Thursday.

If she was on duty and still in uniform, it makes sense she would have a gun with her. But if not, then she knowingly brought a gun there so to me that shows premeditation.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

I wonder if the police dept would be defending this DV perpetrator if she were male? Double standards suck. Domestic violence is just that, it doesn't matter what the perp has between their legs. RIP Jamie. Power to you Jenni.

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    I wonder if the police dept would be defending this DV perpetrator if she were male? Double standards suck. Domestic violence is just that, it doesn't matter what the perp has between their legs. RIP Jamie. Power to you Jenni.
    I dont think they would. I sense a "crime of passion" used in her defense.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    If she was on duty and still in uniform, it makes sense she would have a gun with her. But if not, then she knowingly brought a gun there so to me that shows premeditation.
    When I was in LE everyone carried their gun off duty all the time too. It was expected.

And I can't multiquote because I am still on my tablet, but I agree with Jenna 150%!

I wonder how Jenny is doing. She must feel guilty as hell that Jamie was killed. Its not her fault though.

I guarentee there was domestic violence taking part in the relationship. It might have been unreported/covered up because she was LE.

Thread Information