Thread: Missing Woman, Christina Nance (29) Was Found Dead In A Rarely Used Police Van Parked On Huntsville PD's Back Lot (Alabama)

Missing Woman, Christina Nance (29) Was Found Dead In A Rarely Used Police Van Parked On Huntsville PD's Back Lot (Alabama)

The first headline I saw made me assume she died in custody, but this sounds a bit unusual

https://www.waff.com/2021/10/07/deat...lle-police-hq/

Coroner: No foul play involved in the death of woman found in HPD van

By WAFF 48 Digital Staff
    Published: Oct. 8, 2021 at 2:26 AM GMT+11|Updated: 7 hours ago
    HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WAFF) - The Huntsville Police Department has confirmed the identity of the body found in a van outside its headquarters.

The Madison County Coroner identified the body as 29-year-old Christina Nance. The initial assessment of Nance showed no signs of trauma or foul play.

According to the Madison County Coroner Dr. Tyler Berryhill, an autopsy was performed by the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences on Oct. 12. Autopsy findings confirmed that no foul play was involved in the death nor any findings of trauma.

Officials do say that the results of a toxicology report and other additional studies can take several months to complete.

According to the Huntsville Police Department, the van Nance was found in was last used in March 2021 to transport evidence approved for destruction from cleared cases.

A spokesperson with the department said investigators have spent the days following the discovery of Nance reviewing surveillance video to determine when she entered the van at HPD?s headquarters.

Nance was found on Thursday, Oct. 7 in a van in the parking lot on Wheeler Ave., which is Huntsville?s Public Safety Complex it houses HPD headquarters along with Huntsville?s Municipal Court System. An officer told WAFF that they walked by the van and discovered the body.

Officials who were at the scene told us the van doors were unlocked.

An HPD spokesperson says the van is rarely used by the department.

Huntsville Police said Nance is not an inmate or related to the jail.

https://www.waff.com/2021/10/12/fami...ad-police-van/

Family wants surveillance video after woman found dead in police van

By Margo Gray
    Published: Oct. 12, 2021 at 3:19 PM

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WAFF) - A Huntsville family is confused, devastated and has plenty of questions tonight for Huntsville police.

They want to know how 29-year old Christina Nance ended up dead in the back of a Huntsville police van, in the back edge of the department?s parking lot.

WAFF sat down with Christina?s family to learn more about what happened to her.

?She was just very positive, fun-loving and caring person, very sweet, very sweet,? said Christina?s sister Whitney Nance.

The Nance family is describing the daughter, sister and cousin they knew before the shocking news of her body being discovered in the back of a Huntsville police transport van on Oct. 7.

?She was fun to be around, real sweet, innocent,? said Christina?s cousin Amanda Mastin.

We have no idea how she ended up there out of all places, why there out of all places, why there,? added Nance.

The family reported Christina missing about two weeks ago and has been frantically searching for her.

"She was in the van the entire time and nobody knew. Not even the police department knew,? said Nance.

An HPD spokesperson says an officer walked by the van and discovered the body. Police say the van is rarely used and the doors were unlocked.

The Madison County Coroner said Nance?s body showed no signs of trauma or foul play but questions still linger for this family.

?That?s why we want answers, and we want to see the footage. We do not believe that our sister would just randomly walk to a van and climb in it. First of all, why wasn?t the van locked on police property? Everything should be secured and locked,? said Nance.

The Nance family says Christina visited the department often for help and even called family members to pick her up from there from time to time. They went to police headquarters the very next day wanting to see any surveillance video. They showed up without an appointment only to discover the investigator on the case was out of the office.

?We can start the healing process so we?ll know exactly what went on,? said Nance.

An autopsy will be performed this week to determine her cause of death. The Nance family has set up a GoFundMe to help with funeral expenses.

How strange.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Extremely sus.

She was known to go there, they conveniently ruled it not a suspicious death and they wouldn't let the family see the surveillance footage. Does she have a history with drugs? I would think a drug addict would avoid hanging around police stations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Why did she go to the police station often for help?

A guy I went to school with climbed over a fence (not sure if it was barbed or not) to slash the tires on police cars. I don't know what his dumb ass was thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

If she visited the police department frequently for help, perhaps she was afraid of something and thought she'd be safest in the unlocked police van.

What if the van was unlocked because cops were using it for hookups

Edit - that's a bad choice of words. I mean, what if one or more officers were using their police powers to coerce vulnerable people into exchanging sex for favourable treatment in police matters, or even access to seized drugs
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-13-2021 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    What if the van was unlocked because cops were using it for hookups

Edit - that's a bad choice of words. I mean, what if one or more officers were using their police powers to coerce vulnerable people into exchanging sex for favourable treatment in police matters, or even access to seized drugs
    This was kind of what I was thinking. She hung out there a lot which could mean that she was a cop groupie. Very sus.

Double sus

Thread Information