Thread: Louis Watkiss (12) Died In An Accident At The Tamworth SnowDome (UK)

Louis Watkiss (12) Died In An Accident At The Tamworth SnowDome (UK)

https://www.itv.com/news/central/202...of-12-year-old

SnowDome: Police name 12-year-old boy who died in indoor ski centre incident

Monday 27 September 2021, 6:43pm

Police have named a 12-year-old boy who died in an incident at an indoor ski centre, SnowDome in Staffordshire.

Louis Watkiss, of Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands died after being seriously injured at the SnowDome in Tamworth, on Friday evening, police said.

Releasing a photograph of the youngster, the Staffordshire Police said in a statement: "Police were called at 6.40pm on September 24 to reports that a child had been seriously injured at the SnowDome.

"Officers attended the location, along with ambulance crews.

"Sadly, Louis, died of his injuries shortly afterwards."

SnowDome in Staffordshire will remain closed for the foreseeable future and an investigation is underway after the youngster died at the indoor ski slope.

SnowDome directors said they were "deeply shocked" following the schoolboy's tragic death.

The site, at Leisure Island on River Drive, is unable to reopen until work has been completed but bosses "hope to be able to update in the very near future".

Two ambulances, two paramedic officers and the Midlands Air Ambulances from Cosford and Staffordshire were sent to the scene.
    Credit: BPM Media

In a statement, the company said: "The SnowDome is to remain temporarily closed following the tragic death of a child on Friday evening.
    "Directors and staff are deeply shocked by what happened, and our thoughts and prayers are with his family at this terrible time. "An investigation is currently being carried out by the authorities, and we are giving it our full co-operation."

The company continued: "We are unable to reopen until their work has been completed, but hope to be able to update you on the position in the very near future. If you have a booking affected by the closure, we will be in touch with you shortly."

Two ambulances, two paramedic officers and the Midlands Air Ambulances were sent to the area
    West Midlands Ambulance Service confirmed two ambulances, two paramedic officers and the Midlands Air Ambulances from Cosford and Staffordshire were sent to the scene.

A WMAS spokeswoman added: "On arrival crews found a boy who had suffered very serious injuries.
    "Staff worked on him providing advanced life support, but sadly, despite all of the efforts it was not possible to save him and he was confirmed dead at the scene."

Alan White, leader of Staffordshire County Council, said: "I was shocked to hear the tragic news of the incident involving a child at Tamworth SnowDome.

"We must wait for the circumstances to be established but I offer my deepest sympathies at this terrible time to the family and friends of the deceased and to everyone affected by this tragedy."

Anyone who has information about the incident can contact police on 101 or via social media ref 665 of 24 September.
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-27-2021 at 09:54 PM.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...d-ski-25083839

Louis Watkiss died in the horror accident in Tamworth

ByJohn SiddleMatthew DreschReporter
    16:32, 27 Sep 2021UPDATED18:07, 27 Sep 2021
    |

A boy aged 12 who died in a horror accident at an indoor ski centre has been named as Louis Watkiss.

Louis, from Sutton Coldfield, Staffs, suffered fatal injuries at the busy SnowDome venue in Tamworth on Friday evening.

A witness said the boy was ?halfway down the slope? when his sledge collided with a skier.

He died at the scene despite the efforts of medics.

Staffordshire Police today released the name of the schoolboy, whose family are being supported by specially-trained officers.

The force said in a statement: ?Following Friday?s tragic incident at the Snow Dome in Tamworth, we can now confirm that the 12-year-old boy who lost his life has been named as Louis Watkiss from Sutton Coldfield.

The emergency services rushed to the SnowDome in Tamworth after receiving reports of a boy being seriously injured at the site ( Image: Anita Maric / SWNS)

?Police were called at 6.40pm on Friday to reports that a child had been seriously injured at the SnowDome.

?Officers attended the location, along with ambulance crews. Sadly, Louis, died of his injuries shortly afterwards.

?Louis?s family are being supported by specially-trained officers. We would ask everyone to respect the family's right to grieve in private during this extremely difficult time.

?Staffordshire Police are continuing to investigate the circumstances with support from the Health and Safety Executive.?

The owners of the SnowDome said the tragedy was ?almost beyond belief? ( Image: BPM Media)

The owners of the SnowDome described the tragedy as ?almost beyond belief?.

It remains closed today as officials work with police and safety bosses.

The company told customers on Sunday: ?The SnowDome is to remain temporarily closed following the tragic death of a child on Friday evening.

?The directors and staff are deeply shocked by what happened, and our thoughts and prayers are with his family at this terrible time.

?An investigation is currently being carried out by the authorities, and we are giving it our full co-operation.?

Witnesses claimed on social media that the tragedy happened when Louis?s sled collided with a skier.

This is Tamworth SnowDome

I wonder if this is something where a helmet may have saved his life?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Yeah, I wondered the same.

Thread Information