Thread: Jacob McCarty (14) and his dog Isabella found dead a week after going missing

Jacob McCarty (14) and his dog Isabella found dead a week after going missing

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/he...4-fcc9d19e41fc

Credit: Harrison County Sheriff's Department
    Author: WTHR.com staff
    Published: 9:10 PM EDT September 25, 2021
    Updated: 9:10 PM EDT September 25, 2021

CORYDON, Ind. ? A southern Indiana sheriff and a father stood in front of a camera with tears in their eyes and pleaded with the public to help find a boy who is believed to have been abducted by someone he met online.

In the video, Harrison County Sheriff Nick Smith stood next to Jeremiah McCarty, the father of a 14-year-old boy named Jacob who left his house to take his dog for a walk at 4:07 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 21, and hasn't been seen since.

Jacob walked the dog into the woods in between May & Joe Rhoads Memorial Pool and Pacer Court in Cordyon, Indiana which is located about 20 miles away from Louisville, Kentucky. Smith said this is a wooded area in-between two main roadways.

"We have searched that area by ground and by air numerous times and we've utilized K9 teams. We have not been able to find his [Jeremiah's] son," Smith said in the video.

Credit: Harrison County Sheriff's Department
    Jacob McCarty is a 14-year-old boy who was last seen at 4:07 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 21, when he took his dog (pictured) for a walk.

Jacob has an online gaming presence and authorities believe the teen met someone online and had plans to meet them in person.

Smith said even after reviewing "hundreds of hours" of footage from businesses and homes around the area, authorities have not been able to find Jacob or who he went with.

"We believe at this point, Jacob can't return and we need your help," Smith said in the video.

Smith asked the public to share the video posted by the Harrison County Sheriff's Department with "everyone you know." Within three hours of posting, the video had nearly 2,700 shares from people hoping they could help find Jacob.

He and Jeremiah asked anyone who had a camera on their house or business to review the footage.

"Any time that anyone can spend looking at cameras, please do it," Jeremiah pleaded. "Help me bring him home."

"We want you to look on that footage and see if you see this boy, his dog, or a vehicle that they're in," Smith said. "It might be a gas station, it might be a McDonald's drive-thru it might be anywhere."

"We do not have the manpower to check every camera in a 200-mile radius, but you do," Smith said. "This is the day that you can help him, another father" Smith said pointing at Jeremiah with tears in his eyes.

Smith said anyone who finds evidence, a vehicle description, clothing description of the suspect or anything else on their home surveillance should contact the sheriff's department immediately or dial 911.

"Don't make the mistake of being a keyboard cowboy. Don't go on Facebook and put all of the details of what you see. You need to call us.

Smith explained that posting this information on social media could be dangerous in that it could tip off the suspect and put Jacob at risk.

"We want to help [Jeremiah], we don't want to help the person that may have his son hide him even more," Smith said.

Smith said their ask was simple: 3 to 4 hours checking home surveillance footage to help bring a boy home.

"All we're asking for is 3-4 hours. In a world where we're all disconnected and everybody's fighting all day long, we're still moms, we're still dads. Take the time to help him. We appreciate it."

Haven't found accts for Jacob but obviously has some

I think this is his dad

https://www.facebook.com/jeremiah.mccarty.96

Link to local Sheriff's fb with vid of the appeal for public assistance

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...81904005201915

& another article

https://www.wdrb.com/news/police-bel...100074025.html

Police believe missing Indiana teen in danger after meeting someone in the woods
    Sep 25, 2021 Updated 3 hrs ago

CORDYON, Ind. (WDRB) -- Police are searching for a 14-year-old boy who has been missing since he left his home in Corydon on Tuesday to meet up with someone he met online, according to the Harrison County Sheriff's Department.

Jacob McCarty has been missing since 4:07 p.m. on Sept 21, when his father says he took his dog on a walk into the woods in Corydon near Pacer Court, which is near Federal Drive Northwest.

In a video posted to Facebook, Harrison County Sheriff Nick Smith makes the plea for any businesses or homes with cameras with 100 miles of Corydon to check their camera footage.

Police do not believe the boy was abducted, but that he met up with someone he met online.

"His son has an online gaming presence like many of our children. We believe with the information we collected in this investigation that his son had met someone online and had plans to meet them, Smith said in the video.

"We believe that at this point Jacob can't return, and we need your help."

Smith says they're reviewed "hundreds of hours" of footage from businesses and homes in the area and have searched the woods by both ground and air. They believe a vehicle could be involved, but did not have a make or model.

Jacob McCarty could be wearing red Nike shoes. He is described as 5-foot-4, 200 pounds with shoulder-length black hair and brown eyes.

"We do not have the manpower to check every camera in a 200-mile radius, but you do," Smith said.

"Please do it. Help me bring him home. He's such a good boy. He's such a good kid," his father Jeremiah McCarty said.
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-25-2021 at 06:47 PM.

Oh damn, there were a bunch of people posting possible sightings of the dog yesterday & I was hopeful they'd find them both ok

Very curious to find out the cause of death. My first thought was suicide, but when they said the dog also died () I became doubtful. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Very curious to find out the cause of death. My first thought was suicide, but when they said the dog also died () I became doubtful. Ugh.
    Yeah, I had the same thought. They also sounded pretty convinced he was planning to meet someone he met online

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    This is heartbreaking. Since both were found together, it would have to be homicide. At least I would think so.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

They probably shot the dog first. A German Shepherd will defend its owner and fuck you up.

If he was planning on killing himself, I doubt he would bring his dog with him.

I will be interested in seeing what the motive is, Im guessing its wrong place, wrong time.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Sounds to me like he killed the dog and then himself.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ay/5907956001/
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-30-2022 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Sounds to me like he killed the dog and then himself.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ay/5907956001/
    Ugh, that's what I had in the back of my mind but I was like, "No Nicole, do NOT go there."

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Fuck, man. WHY?!
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Ugh, that's what I had in the back of my mind but I was like, "No Nicole, do NOT go there."
    I've suspected that from the beginning of this case, but I was hoping that I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I've suspected that from the beginning of this case, but I was hoping that I was wrong.
    This is why we all hang out here. We suspect terrible things, and, are often right.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information