Thread: David Lueras (42), Lauren Phillips (34), and Maricruz Mathis (33) found dismembered and burning in a Texas dumpster; killing said to be a "biblical sacrifice"

David Lueras (42), Lauren Phillips (34), and Maricruz Mathis (33) found dismembered and burning in a Texas dumpster; killing said to be a "biblical sacrifice"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/25/us/fo...ter/index.html

Three dismembered bodies -- including a child -- were found in a burning dumpster in Fort Worth, Texas, this week, according to the city's police department.

The bodies were "burned and heavily dismembered," police said in a news release on Friday, adding there were "body parts unaccounted for."

Authorities have tentatively identified one of the bodies as 42-year-old David Lueras, who was "known to frequent the Dallas area" and "has some ties" to nearby communities, police said in the release Friday. The identity of the child is unknown, police said, and the third body is a "young teenage or adult female."

"The dismembered condition of the bodies is making the identification process difficult," police said in the news release.

Fort Worth firefighters responded to a report of a dumpster fire at 6:17 a.m. local time Wednesday outside a business on Bonnie Drive on the city's west side, about a mile south of Interstate 30, police said. Authorities found the bodies in the dumpster while extinguishing the fire, and the Fort Worth Police homicide unit responded to the scene.

Investigators are focused on identifying any suspects in what police called a "triple murder." The homicide unit is asking for the public's help and seeking any information on potential missing persons who might match the description of the victims.
    Leaving them all as UID until the one they tentatively identified is definitely identified.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...pster-80261259

The man was identified as David Lueras, 42, police said. Police said he had ties to the Fort Worth area.

Police said firefighters discovered the bodies after being dispatched to a dumpster fire outside of a business on the west side of the city.

Police said Monday that they had no additional information to release.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...found-n1280273

Police arrested a Texas man Monday in connection with a triple homicide after dismembered bodies were found in a burning dumpster in Fort Worth, authorities said.

The suspect, Jason Alan Thornburg, 41, confessed to two other killings, one in Fort Worth and another out of state, Fort Worth police said. The killings were part of a biblical sacrifice, authorities said in court documents cited by NBC Dallas-Fort Worth.
    The dismembered remains of a man and two women were found burned in the dumpster, police said Tuesday. Police initially said a child was among the victims, but they now say that was an incorrect interpretation of the evidence at the time.
    Investigators looked at surveillance video near the dumpster and immediately homed in on a Jeep Grand Cherokee, a model between 2005 and 2010, police Sgt. Joe Loughman told reporters.

A search of local records showed 7,000 cars of that make and model and those years, but the name of one registered owner jumped out at detectives, Thornburg's, because he was the prime suspect in another murder this year, Loughman said.

Detectives found Thornburg living at the Mid City Inn in nearby Euless, and surveillance video there showed him "carrying plastic bins with what we believe to be body parts of our victims," Loughman said.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/ma...pster/2753124/

Detectives said Tuesday that Thornburg, who worked as an electrician, was a person of interest in the suspicious death of his roommate, 61-year-old Mark Jewell, whose body was found inside their burning home on Valentine Street on May 21. The medical examiner's office was not able to determine the man's cause of death due to the explosion in the home. Though he was investigated at the time, officials said they didn't have probable cause to arrest him.
    While it's not clear how Lueras and Thornburg knew each other, police said Tuesday that the men shared the same room at the Mid City Inn for several days, presumably until Lueras was killed.

Fort Worth police served a search warrant at the motel Tuesday morning. Police said they recovered a knife from Thornburg's motel room.

Officials said Thornburg doesn't have a particularly violent criminal history. He was convicted in the city of Rhome in 2018 on a charge of evading arrest, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety, and was paroled in June 2020. Wise County District Attorney James Stainton said Rhome police tried to pull Thornburg over on U.S. Highway 287 for a broken taillight and he ran from officers. He was sentenced to two years in prison based on prior criminal history, Stainton said.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 09-28-2021 at 07:37 PM.

I definitely did not have biblical sacrifice on my list of possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I definitely did not have biblical sacrifice on my list of possibilities
    Me neither. And I assume, given this was Texas eventually the authorities will apologize for interfering with this Jason's free exercise of his religion and tell him to go on about his bidness.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Me neither. And I assume, given this was Texas eventually the authorities will apologize for interfering with this Jason's free exercise of his religion and tell him to go on about his bidness.
    You forgot 'and provide him with a gun to freely open carry' but otherwise your answer sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    You forgot 'and provide him with a gun to freely open carry' but otherwise your answer sounds about right.
    I figured he already had one, but yeah if he needed sidearms...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

https://www.insideedition.com/man-wa...in-dumpster-on

Man Was Scared in Days Before His Body Was Found With Remains of Two Women in Dumpster on Fire: Cousin

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/cr...f-1475dc9d07de

Police identified Lauren Phillips, Monday, as a victim in an official complaint from the state of Texas against Jason Thornburg. The complaint states that Thornburg "did intentionally or knowingly cause the death of an individual, Lauren Phillips" by strangling her on Sept. 22, 2021.

Phillips is the second victim identified in this investigation.
    https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...254841067.html

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office has released the name and age of a third person whose dismembered body was found last month inside a dumpster in Fort Worth. Jason Thornburg slashed Maricruz Mathis’ throat and cut up her body and the bodies of two other people, drove the pieces in containers to a dumpster and ignited a fire, according to an arrest warrant affidavit. Mathis was 33. Slain with her was Lauren Phillips, 34, and David Lueras, 42. Their bodies were found on Sept. 22.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...#storylink=cpy

Where does it say exactly to kill people, dismember them, throw them in a dumpster and start them on fire in the bible? 12 years in Catholic school and I never saw anything like that.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Where does it say exactly to kill people, dismember them, throw them in a dumpster and start them on fire in the bible? 12 years in Catholic school and I never saw anything like that.
    Crazy people read something and they interpret it completely different, in their minds. Can't make sense of crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Crazy people read something and they interpret it completely different, in their minds. Can't make sense of crazy!
    That is true. I dont know why I even try.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information