Thread: Isabella Kalua (6) missing from Waimanalo, HI since 9/12/2021

Isabella Kalua (6) missing from Waimanalo, HI since 9/12/2021

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/...rom-waimanalo/

CrimeStoppers and Honolulu police are seeking the public?s help finding a missing 6-year-old girl, Isabella Kalua, of Waimanalo.

She was last seen asleep in her room at her Puha Street home in Waimanalo at about 9 p.m. on Sunday, police said. She is described as of Caucasian and mixed-race, 3 feet, 3 inches tall, and 46 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.

Kalua was last known to be wearing a black hoodie with black leggings, colorful socks and Nike slides with pink on the bottom, police said.

Kalua?s friends and family are concerned for her safety and well-being, police said.

CrimeStoppers Honolulu coordinator Chris Kim said Monday afternoon that police would like the community to rally together to help find the child.

He said the case did not meet the qualifications for a missing child Amber Alert, which are issued when authorities believe the child has been abducted, is in imminent danger, or has been the victim of some other foul play.

Anyone with information is asked to call CrimeStoppers at 955-8300 or to send anonymous online tips via honolulucrimestoppers.org or the P3 Tips app.

Went missing from her bedroom in the middle of the night....hmmm

Are the clothes she was wearing the clothes she was in before she went to bed?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Went missing from her bedroom in the middle of the night....hmmm

Are the clothes she was wearing the clothes she was in before she went to bed?
    I'm not sure. This whole story sounds sus to me.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Colors of Madeleine McCann.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/...aimanalo-girl/

A massive search is underway in Waimanalo for 6-year-old Isabella Kalua, who was last seen Sunday evening in her Waimanalo home. Volunteers drove Tuesday with a Honolulu Police Department flyer posted on the front window of their car at Waimanalo District Park.

A few hundred volunteers from across the island continued searching along with police Tuesday for a missing 6-year-old Waimanalo girl, whose adoptive parents told police they last saw her Sunday night in her bedroom.

Waimanalo Elementary School first grader Isabella Kalua, named Ariel at birth, was reportedly last seen at 9 p.m. Sunday at home on Puha Street.

Her biological mother, Melanie Joseph, 33, told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser that the last time she saw her daughter on a scheduled visit was about a year ago, and alleges there were signs of physical abuse.

Kalua?s adoptive parents had custody of four of Joseph?s five daughters for four years. A fifth, a 5-year-old, lives with a relative.

According to the Joseph family, after Isabella disappeared, Child Welfare Serv*ices took custody Monday of the three siblings, ages 12, 3, 1, who they say were living with the Sonny and Lehua Kalua family.

A Department of Human Services spokeswoman said Tuesday she put in an inquiry to confirm whether the children had been removed and whether it is standard protocol to do so when a child goes missing.

Joseph and former boyfriend Adam Sellers had the children taken by Child Welfare Services because of their drug use, relatives said. The two had been living with relatives in Waimanalo but became homeless, living in the rural back roads of Waimanalo. Sellers is currently at a drug rehabilitation center, relatives said.

Isabella had been living with the Kaluas for four years, and at some point within the past year or so, the Kaluas adopted her and changed her name, said Alena Kaeo, Joseph?s cousin.

Joseph said she had known the adoptive mother?s brother and had asked whether she could also care for her 1-year-old, but the Kaluas got custody of all four.

The 33-year-old mother said if her daughter did leave the house on her own in the middle of the night, ?I think she would be in the bushes that way,? pointing toward the Kalua house, on the corner of Kakaina and Hihimanu streets. The house is on a flag lot off Puha.

But she does not think she is the type to wander off. ?She stuck to me,? Joseph said. ?I think something happened.?

Okay, with more background on this case it paints a very different picture. Why would they change her name after adopting her? Do they mean last name? Because if they mean first name, I would think that would be confusing for a little girl who had been known by her birth name for five years. A parent that would do that makes me side eye them.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/...alo-girl-case/

Missing Waimanalo girl’s items may have been found

Police made a discovery today inside Bellows Air Force Base in connection with the search for the missing 6-year-old Waimanalo girl, Isabella Kalua, known to her biological family as Ariel.

The Honolulu Police Department set up a roadblock this afternoon, but officers on scene would not confirm news reports that a backpack or bag with toys and slippers was found possibly belonging to Isabella.

HPD Homicide Lt. Deena Thoemmes, who oversees the Missing Persons Section, said in a written statement earlier in the afternoon: “At this time, foul play has not been ruled out.”

However, the case remains a missing persons case.

When asked about the backpack or bag, Melanie Joseph, Isabella’s biological mother, who was at the police command post tonight at Waimanalo District Park, said she could not say anything.

The HPD Criminal Investigation Division has conducted numerous interviews into the case since Monday when she was reported missing by her adoptive parents, who say she was last seen sleeping 9 p.m. Sunday at home in her bedroom.

Despite the numerous interviews by HPD detectives, “there are still individuals, to include acquaintances and family members, who have yet to come forward to be interviewed,” Thoemmes said.

She said she hopes this will change in the near future.

Isabella, who was a foster child in the home of Sonny and Lehua Kalua, was reportedly adopted by them within the last year, and changed her name from her birth name, Ariel Sellers, her biological family said.
    “In June, her adoptive parents filed paperwork with the school to withdraw the child to home-school,” DOE said.
    I am interested in knowing if anyone outside of the adoptive family has seen her since June.

This case reminds me of the Orrin and Orsen West case.

https://www.khon2.com/local-news/att...earch-parties/

Why adoptive family of missing 6-year-old Waimanalo girl have remained absent in search parties

Day five of the search for Isabella Kalua. The Kalua family broke their silence claiming they have received death threats and are fully cooperating with authorities.

Police confirmed they are continuing to search Bellows — where items of interest were found late Thursday afternoon, Sept. 16 — and they said more people are coming forward.

Isabella was last seen sleeping in her bedroom in Waimanalo Sunday, Sept. 12.

Lt. Deena Thoemmes said it could take up to a week to determine if items found at Bellows in Waimanalo are linked to the disappearance of 6-year-old Isabella.

Attorney William Harrison is a friend of the Kalua family, who adopted Isabella and two of her siblings. Harrison said they want to set the record straight.
    Day 4: Police say foul play has not been ruled out in search for missing 6-year-old girl in Waimanalo

“My clients have been absolutely cooperative,” Harrison said. “As I put it in my statement, they allowed the police to come to their house and spend the day in their home. They’ve given up all electronic equipment, made multiple statements to the police department as to anything they’ve asked them about.”

After a police statement on Thursday said some family members and acquaintances had not come forward to be interviewed by police, Lt. Thoemmes clarified that the family is working with police.

“Their family attorney has reached out and has made some arrangements so some of the family can come and meet with us and give us a statement,” she explained.

The investigation and search continued with resources focusing on a canal area in Bellows where a garbage bag with items of interest was found late Thursday.

“It’s too premature to say whether the items are related to this investigation currently,” Thoemmes explained. “The Honolulu Fire Department search team is assisting us in searching the canal for any other possible items or pieces of evidence that we believe may be related.”

Thoemmes also confirmed additional items recovered earlier this week.

“A photo album was found, but we’re not going to release the information as far as who’s in the photos at this time.”

According to a witness, the album was found in a dumpster at Waimanalo Refuse Center a week prior to Isabella’s disappearance and turned into police Monday, Sept. 13.

“A photo album was found, but we’re not going to release the information as far as who’s in the photos at this time.”

According to a witness, the album was found in a dumpster at Waimanalo Refuse Center a week prior to Isabella’s disappearance and turned into police Monday, Sept. 13.

The adoptive family has to be involved in this IMHO.
    Oh well, back to gum.

The adoptive family has to be involved in this IMHO.

They changed her name and now a photo album was thrown out? If it contained pictures of her and her siblings with her birth parents, it would be as if the adoptive family was trying to completely erase the birth family.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Thread Information