Thread: Comedian and former SNL castmember and Weekend Update Anchor Norm McDonald (61) died after a 10 year battle with cancer

Comedian and former SNL castmember and Weekend Update Anchor Norm McDonald (61) died after a 10 year battle with cancer

This sucks
    https://deadline.com/2021/09/norm-ma...61-1234833212/

Norm Macdonald, whose laconic delivery of sharp and incisive observations made him one of Saturday Night Live‘s most influential and beloved cast members, died today after a nine-year private battle with cancer. He was 61.

Macdonald’s death was announced to Deadline by his management firm Brillstein Entertainment. The comedian’s longtime producing partner and friend Lori Jo Hoekstra, who was with him when he died, said Macdonald had been battling cancer for nearly a decade but was determined to keep his health struggles private, away from family, friends and fans.

“He was most proud of his comedy,” Hoekstra said. “He never wanted the diagnosis to affect the way the audience or any of his loved ones saw him. Norm was a pure comic. He once wrote that ‘a joke should catch someone by surprise, it should never pander.’ He certainly never pandered. Norm will be missed terribly.”
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 09-14-2021 at 03:10 PM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    I know. He kept the Cancer hidden from not just the public, but his friends and family too for almost a decade! How horrible must it have been to go through that alone
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

This whole thing makes me super sad. He was one of my favs.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    This whole thing makes me super sad. He was one of my favs.
    Same. His delivery and voice were so unique. He could just talk about anything, even things that were random and not don't and people would laugh. Fuck Cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

A funny joke he told on Conan

https://youtu.be/n3LMSflEN54

https://news.cuanschutz.edu/cancer-c...norm-macdonald

Norm MacDonald’s Death Puts Spotlight on Acute Leukemia

Comedian and former “Saturday Night Live” cast member Norm MacDonald died Tuesday, after what his brother, Neil MacDonald, described as a nine-year battle with acute leukemia. Norm MacDonald, known for his intelligence and sarcastic wit, was 61.

Leukemia is a blood cancer that originates in the blood and bone marrow. It usually occurs when the body creates too many abnormal white blood cells and interferes with the bone marrow’s ability to make red blood cells and platelets, though some leukemias start in other kinds of blood cells.

Leukemia accounts for about one-third of all blood cancer diagnoses and was the sixth most common cause of cancer deaths in both men and women in the U.S. from 2012 to 2016. It is the most common cancer in children and teens, accounting for almost one-third of all childhood cancer diagnoses.

The main types of acute leukemia are acute myeloid leukemia (AML), which is a disease of mostly older patients and affects about 30,000 people in the U.S. each year, or acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) which is the most common type of cancer in children but is relatively rare in adults.

Thread Information