Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Gabrielle Petito (22) found dead 3 weeks after going missing while on a van-life trip with her boyfriend

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I dunno. I didn't see a door moving. It looks like it could be an optic illusion created by the tree.

I believe they mentioned stopping and looking to see in anyone was in the van because it had Florida plates and they were also from Florida so wanted to say hello.
    Oh that's a good point. I'm on a tiny screen & should know better by now than to trust Reddit consensus

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Oh that's a good point. I'm on a tiny screen & should know better by now than to trust Reddit consensus
    I saw it, it looked very clear to me, but I don't always trust that these sleuths aren't editing the videos in cases like this, just to get attention.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    While we wait for confirmation on the inevitable, there's something that has bothered me from the beginning of this case and I didn't vocalize it while I should have. But someone posted about it and now I think it needs to be said.

From the beginning this case has been textbook "Missing White Woman" syndrome. Right down to the blonde hair. At first I figured that it's only interesting because of the circumstances of the boyfriend traveling all the way back from Wyoming and then trying to act normal, but that doesn't cut the mustard.

Media and the nation latched on to this case because she was a young, blonde, White woman. How many cases are out there involving Black Women that are missing or even more so Indigenous Women that the media and nation as a whole never even bat at eye at? TOO many. We try our best to cover them all regardless here, but it's cases like Gabby's that has headlines all over the world and resources out there combing every inch of a national persevere to find their killer.

This is not to say that Gabby wasn't worth the exposure and resources. It's to say that ALL women do.

/rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

While we wait for confirmation on the inevitable, there's something that has bothered me from the beginning of this case and I didn't vocalize it while I should have. But someone posted about it and now I think it needs to be said.

From the beginning this case has been textbook "Missing White Woman" syndrome. Right down to the blonde hair. At first I figured that it's only interesting because of the circumstances of the boyfriend traveling all the way back from Wyoming and then trying to act normal, but that doesn't cut the mustard.

Media and the nation latched on to this case because she was a young, blonde, White woman. How many cases are out there involving Black Women that are missing or even more so Indigenous Women that the media and nation as a whole never even bat at eye at? TOO many. We try our best to cover them all regardless here, but it's cases like Gabby's that has headlines all over the world and resources out there combing every inch of a national persevere to find their killer.

This is not to say that Gabby wasn't worth the exposure and resources. It's to say that ALL women do.

/rant.
    Yep. With a different victim, the family, might, just now be able to get the police to take a report. Which would get a casual look. Meanwhile, the people who remember seeing someone or something, might have chatted with the couple have no way of knowing they know anything. If it was Cori Little Elk or Shaq Jackson? They'd be a body found next spring, maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

/rant.
    Yep. I read about her body being found on TMZ. Don't they usually cover news about celebs?

But alas, I am interested in this case. Not because of her looks, but because of the odd situation. They had a run in with cops who let them both go (and let's be honest, I highly doubt they would have been let go if they weren't white), then she goes missing, he doesn't say a word and lawyers up.....then HE goes missing. It's all crazy.

I am curious to find out her COD. And do we know for a fact his body was found? Is only his family saying that? Because I wouldn't take their word for it...

Edited to add: I'm wondering if he drove back like nothing happened, because he thought he would get away with it (no evidence) and it would quietly go away. I don't think he realized it would be plastered all over news world wide and a huge media sensation. When he realized this and knew it wasn't going away quietly, he committed suicide.
    Last edited by Nic B; 09-20-2021 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Might not mean anything at all, but I'm kinda wondering if they've verified some of the recent Alabama sightings, because they're suddenly disinterested in continuing the search at the local reserve

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/statu...664266241?s=19
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dammit. Everything starts to happen when it's after 12.30am here & I have to go to sleep.

The rest of you might be able to catch a livestream soon though

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/statu...766355460?s=19

/rant.
    Agreed.

I'm interested in this case, because you know this chick was wanting to become rich and famous while blogging about her live, laugh, love traveling life. Little did she know, she'd become famous, but only after death.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Yep. I read about her body being found on TMZ. Don't they usually cover news about celebs?

But alas, I am interested in this case. Not because of her looks, but because of the odd situation. They had a run in with cops who let them both go (and let's be honest, I highly doubt they would have been let go if they weren't white), then she goes missing, he doesn't say a word and lawyers up.....then HE goes missing. It's all crazy.

I am curious to find out her COD. And do we know for a fact his body was found? Is only his family saying that? Because I wouldn't take their word for it...

Edited to add: I'm wondering if he drove back like nothing happened, because he thought he would get away with it (no evidence) and it would quietly go away. I don't think he realized it would be plastered all over news world wide and a huge media sensation. When he realized this and knew it wasn't going away quietly, he committed suicide.
    I'm pretty sure they were wrong about his suicide. I think they are still looking, but not in the Reserve near his house.

I'm pretty sure they were wrong about his suicide. I think they are still looking, but not in the Reserve near his house.
    Okay yeah, I just looked up some news articles and you're right, he is still missing. It seems like they located absolutely nothing in the area his parents pointed to, so now I am leaning toward he took off and his parents helped him.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

https://www.wfla.com/news/sarasota-c...me-scene-tape/

LIVE: FBI, police swarm Brian Laundrie’s family home to execute search warrant related to Gabby Petito investigation

“The FBI is executing a court-authorized search warrant [Monday] at the Laundrie residence in North Port, FL relevant to the Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito investigation,” the FBI said in a statement. “No further details can be provided since this is an active and ongoing investigation.”

The law enforcement activity comes hours after North Port police said they were no longer searching Carlton Reserve for Brian Laundrie, who was reported missing by his family on Friday. According to police, family members last saw him leave home Tuesday wearing hiking gear.

I wouldn't be surprised if the parents got rid of evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they found him still hiding somewhere in the house.

I wouldn't be surprised if they found him still hiding somewhere in the house.
    Both of these.

Finding him in the house? Stranger things have happened.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he were long gone by now. They should be monitoring close family members that could be sending money to him. I think if he was going to commit suicide that they would have found him by now. They did the whole reserve thing to divert the attention of LE. I'm leaning towards this theory more than anything.

ETA: If he IS in Mexico, he better not be sitting on a beach with a margarita because this case is so high profile that he won't be protected there either.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Apparently there's a body behind the same Walmart in Alabama where people reported seeing him, & where someone supposedly gave him a ride

Media are livestreaming, could be unrelated but who knows

https://mynbc15.com/newsletter-daily...i6aGyHQZYAM5qs

Edit : word is that the person who died was homeless so their death likely has nothing to do with Brian, despite all the online chatter & media interest. I only just woke up so I'm not even sure if the sightings at/near this Walmart were verified/debunked yet

Edit 2 : The Mobile sightings have been debunked

(timestamp on this is AEST)

https://twitter.com/mynbc15/status/1...421692936?s=19
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-20-2021 at 01:29 PM.

Ok, here's a more useful & relevant post

https://www.wfla.com/news/local-news...s-new-details/

Gabby Petito investigation: North Port police search warrant provides new details
    SARASOTA COUNTY
    by: WFLA 8 On Your Side Staff

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 / 03:24 PM EDT / Updated: Sep 20, 2021 / 04:03 PM EDT

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) ? A publicized North Port Police Department search warrant from Sept. 15 gives new details about the timeline of events surrounding the missing persons case of Gabby Petito, a 22-year-old woman not seen since the end of August.

The search warrant was signed to allow detectives from the North Port Police Department to examine an external hard drive currently located at the North Port Police Department?s evidence locker. On Sept. 17, Brian Laundrie, Petito?s fianc?, was reported missing and agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation removed items from the home to help search for him.

In the warrant, police were given authority to search ?any and all external storage device(s), commercial software and hardware, computer disks, disk drives, tape drives, disk application programs, data disks, system disk operating systems, electronic mail, system storage devices, tape systems and hard drive and other computer-related operation equipment, in addition to computer photographs, graphic interchange formats and/or photographs, or other visual depictions.?

Additionally, the warrant gives police access to any digital documents, notes, passwords, encryptions or data security devices which might keep them from accessing the hardware, software, or data on the devices, as well as all data and files associated with the external device.

This includes data files, password-protected files, images, texts, files that show emails, text messages, and internet browsing history as well as computer files showing who owned, possessed or used the computers, and storage devices to include but not limited to email associated files.

The warrant said that there was probable cause for issuance as a result of the item potentially containing evidence that a felony had been committed. In the affidavit submitted by North Port detectives, a timeline of Petito and Laundrie?s trip and the video journey they had taken together across social media platforms were detailed.

Gabby Petito?s family ?forever grateful? for work of law enforcement, search teams, family attorney says
    The timeline written by detectives for the search warrant covers a series of messages between Petito and her family, including ?odd? messages to her mother received on Aug. 27, and a report that the van was detected by a license plate reader on the Sumter Boulevard exit of I-75. The timeline states that ?a white Ford Transit, bearing Florida tag QFTG03?entered the City of North Port? on Sept. 1 at 10:26 a.m.

Petito was officially declared a missing person by Suffolk County Police in New York on Sept. 11, following reports from Moab City Police after a domestic issue between Petito and Laundrie while in Moab, Utah. That incident occurred on Aug. 12.

The reports from Moab Police remarked on concerns about Petito?s and Laundrie?s mental health at the time, particularly Petito?s. Body camera footage released during the search for Petito showed a high level of anxiety, noted in the report by Moab Police.

Those concerns prompted Suffolk County PD to note that based on the Moab Police report, Petito appeared ?endangered, due to mental health concerns.?

The timeline also stated that due to the circumstances related to Petito?s mental health, North Port Police believe there is probable cause that she is not able to care for herself due to ?her increased anxiety? and concerns for her welfare had increased to an ?exigent level.?

Petito?s cellphone was turned off for about 15 days, and was last on around Aug. 31 or Sept. 1. Petito had not been seen since Aug. 27. On Sept. 14, police executed a search warrant for the van that she and Laundrie had traveled in.

Inside the vehicle, crime scene technicians found the external hard drive at the center of the Sept. 15 search warrant. Police believe the storage device might have ?viable digital forensic data? on it that could help them in their investigation.

On Sept. 19, a body was found near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming that matched Petito?s description. At a news conference, FBI officials announced the find, and expressed condolences for the Petito and Schmidt family. North Port police also put out a message on Twitter that they were ?saddened and heartbroken to learn that Gabby has been found deceased.?

Today, FBI agents were again at the Laundrie home to execute a search warrant related to the Petito investigation.

/rant.
    THIS.
    It pisses me off as a white woman that missing blonde women get sooo much (ridiculous) press. I'll say it. It was all over social media, just like Holloway was. Ad nauseum. I honestly didn't read a single article because my eyes were rolling so much.

I think Im the only one that DGAF about this case. Ive seen it all over social media and I just dont care.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Brian digging Gabby's grave?

https://youtu.be/PBkycXjLsvw

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I think Im the only one that DGAF about this case. Ive seen it all over social media and I just dont care.
    I half assed followed it in the beginning then the crazy conspiracy theorists started flooding the internet and it was too much to keep up with and now I?m just kinda burned out on it. It?s sad for the girl and I?m sorry she passed but I also think of families with missing loved ones who wish their family member was getting this much attention. Which is in no way Gabby?s fault.

There is a tiktok video where one of the other campers claims that there were two women in the van, https://www.tiktok.com/@anloffrd/vid...77949839674630 and one was acting very sus
    This self-proclaimed bff, Rose Davis, seems to be injecting herself into the case on social media, and some of her posts make it look as if she either met or was going to meet w/ Gabby.
    She's never been listed as a person of interest, it's always been assumed that it's the boyfriend, but this "best friend" out of nowhere seems fucky.
    Ma'am, what is hard to explain about a person breathing or not breathing? what is so difficult? why is that a difficult concept for you?

Brian digging Gabby's grave?

https://youtu.be/PBkycXjLsvw
    Are they really saying that? I can't make out shit in that video. I see the arrow is pointing to a big blur but to say that's him digging her grave is such a stretch. I don't see a person or anything, for that matter.

Plus, if he had put her in a grave I doubt she would have been found so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanwasdrunk View Post
    There is a tiktok video where one of the other campers claims that there were two women in the van, https://www.tiktok.com/@anloffrd/vid...77949839674630 and one was acting very sus
    This self-proclaimed bff, Rose Davis, seems to be injecting herself into the case on social media, and some of her posts make it look as if she either met or was going to meet w/ Gabby.
    She's never been listed as a person of interest, it's always been assumed that it's the boyfriend, but this "best friend" out of nowhere seems fucky.
    Very interesting point...... Never even thought about that. You've got me thinkin.

Are they really saying that? I can't make out shit in that video. I see the arrow is pointing to a big blur but to say that's him digging her grave is such a stretch. I don't see a person or anything, for that matter.

Yeah, it's a reach. I think this is the same as all of those photos of the "killer in the woods" from the Delphi case. I understand that it's a remote area, but I don't believe that even HE would be dumb enough to dispose of her body within eye shot of the road in broad daylight.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Yeah. It's one of those speculation videos.
    If you look really, really close, you'll see Neal Patrick Harris riding a unicorn.

Yeah. It's one of those speculation videos.
    If you look really, really close, you'll see Neal Patrick Harris riding a unicorn.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Thread Information