Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gabrielle Petito (22) found dead 3 weeks after going missing while on a van-life trip with her boyfriend

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Huh. I'm really surprised that they found her. There's a whole lot of big empty in the Grand Tetons.
    It's possible that there was animal activity going on near the body if it was a recent death. Vultures etc.

Judging by how he's acted throughout this also doesn't paint the picture of a criminal mastermind. The van was spotted by people driving past so I'm assuming that they conducted a search nearby where it was spotted as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

Just in case anyone's interested, there's a press conference about to go live

I've already seen comments about a tent being found close to a road but every single platform covering Gabby had posts coming in by the millisecond - the live chat even crashed my ytube app - so for now it's hard to seperate fact from fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    It's possible that there was animal activity going on near the body if it was a recent death. Vultures etc.

Judging by how he's acted throughout this also doesn't paint the picture of a criminal mastermind. The van was spotted by people driving past so I'm assuming that they conducted a search nearby where it was spotted as well.
    True.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

FBI states that the remains are consistent with the description of Gabby. It's her:

Human remains found in Wyoming are 'consistent' with description of Gabby Petito, FBI says

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/19/us/ga...day/index.html
    Oh well, back to gum.

Yeah the whole thing with his parents reporting him missing is super sketchy. Word is they told cops he left for a hike Tuesday & that they "somehow" saw his car in the parking lot at the preserve overnight on Tuesday & inexplicably drove it back to their residence.

Which means, if we believe their "Brian, our innocent son left for a perfectly innocent hike" story, that they drove off & abandoned their son without transport in an expanse of wilderness area - just like he did to Gabby

It makes no sense to take his car if they actually believed he went for a hike. It does make sense to take it if you know he's fleeing the country & won't be needing use of that vehicle for transport, but you want to ensure its protected so you can convert it to cash

I'm hearing on Facebook that they found his body close to his house, but they're not saying anything out of respect for Gabby's family.
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    It was either the animal activity or they got a very specific pinpoint of their phones in one area for a long time and then the phones left for Florida.
    So you know that video above that shows the van parked awkwardly by the river? Her body was found 900 feet from there, less than a day after another camper reviewed their footage & sent it to the police. Youtube and TikTok led the police in the right direction to find Gabby.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I'm hearing on Facebook that they found his body close to his house, but they're not saying anything out of respect for Gabby's family.
    They've already been giant assholes this entire time, why stop now?

That will suck so bad for her family if it's legit. They'll never get the answers they need, or any sense of justice

If it is true this time, it's grimly ironic that all the effort his parents put into covering his arse may have lead to them living a similar nightmare to the one they've put Gabby's fam through. If they'd dealt with things differently maybe he would've been on suicide watch in police custody or a mental health unit

Also, there's an official press release now re the body suspected to be Gabby
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Country Mac View Post
    So you know that video above that shows the van parked awkwardly by the river? Her body was found 900 feet from there, less than a day after another camper reviewed their footage & sent it to the police. Youtube and TikTok led the police in the right direction to find Gabby.
    oh wow, how fortuitous that those YouTubers filmed that.

So he killed himself now? Did he think all during that drive home that no one would notice her missing?

There's a livestream of police activity at his parent's place right now

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/statu...361141250?s=19

Edit : he said he's shutting it down to conserve battery so I guess nothing of note is happening atm
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-19-2021 at 06:15 PM.

Oh shit, I didn't even notice this when I watched the vid of their van parked by the road.

You can clearly see the door on their van was open & someone closed it as the youtuber's vehicle began to get closer

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    There's a livestream of police activity at his parent's place right now

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/statu...361141250?s=19

Edit : he said he's shutting it down to conserve battery so I guess nothing of note is happening atm
    I'm surprised that he was standing in their yard. I would've had the cops called on him for trespassing.

Oh shit, I didn't even notice this when I watched the vid of their van parked by the road.

You can clearly see the door on their van was open & someone closed it as the youtuber's vehicle began to get closer

Someone said in a video showing the van, that you can see someone digging in the distance before you see the van. I think that might've been someone's imagination.

I dunno. I didn't see a door moving. It looks like it could be an optic illusion created by the tree.

I believe they mentioned stopping and looking to see in anyone was in the van because it had Florida plates and they were also from Florida so wanted to say hello.
    Oh well, back to gum.

I dunno. I didn't see a door moving. It looks like it could be an optic illusion created by the tree.

I believe they mentioned stopping and looking to see in anyone was in the van because it had Florida plates and they were also from Florida so wanted to say hello.
    Oh that's a good point. I'm on a tiny screen & should know better by now than to trust Reddit consensus

While we wait for confirmation on the inevitable, there's something that has bothered me from the beginning of this case and I didn't vocalize it while I should have. But someone posted about it and now I think it needs to be said.

From the beginning this case has been textbook "Missing White Woman" syndrome. Right down to the blonde hair. At first I figured that it's only interesting because of the circumstances of the boyfriend traveling all the way back from Wyoming and then trying to act normal, but that doesn't cut the mustard.

Media and the nation latched on to this case because she was a young, blonde, White woman. How many cases are out there involving Black Women that are missing or even more so Indigenous Women that the media and nation as a whole never even bat at eye at? TOO many. We try our best to cover them all regardless here, but it's cases like Gabby's that has headlines all over the world and resources out there combing every inch of a national persevere to find their killer.

This is not to say that Gabby wasn't worth the exposure and resources. It's to say that ALL women do.

/rant.
    Oh well, back to gum.

While we wait for confirmation on the inevitable, there's something that has bothered me from the beginning of this case and I didn't vocalize it while I should have. But someone posted about it and now I think it needs to be said.

From the beginning this case has been textbook "Missing White Woman" syndrome. Right down to the blonde hair. At first I figured that it's only interesting because of the circumstances of the boyfriend traveling all the way back from Wyoming and then trying to act normal, but that doesn't cut the mustard.

Media and the nation latched on to this case because she was a young, blonde, White woman. How many cases are out there involving Black Women that are missing or even more so Indigenous Women that the media and nation as a whole never even bat at eye at? TOO many. We try our best to cover them all regardless here, but it's cases like Gabby's that has headlines all over the world and resources out there combing every inch of a national persevere to find their killer.

This is not to say that Gabby wasn't worth the exposure and resources. It's to say that ALL women do.

/rant.
    Yep. With a different victim, the family, might, just now be able to get the police to take a report. Which would get a casual look. Meanwhile, the people who remember seeing someone or something, might have chatted with the couple have no way of knowing they know anything. If it was Cori Little Elk or Shaq Jackson? They'd be a body found next spring, maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

/rant.
    Yep. I read about her body being found on TMZ. Don't they usually cover news about celebs?

But alas, I am interested in this case. Not because of her looks, but because of the odd situation. They had a run in with cops who let them both go (and let's be honest, I highly doubt they would have been let go if they weren't white), then she goes missing, he doesn't say a word and lawyers up.....then HE goes missing. It's all crazy.

I am curious to find out her COD. And do we know for a fact his body was found? Is only his family saying that? Because I wouldn't take their word for it...

Edited to add: I'm wondering if he drove back like nothing happened, because he thought he would get away with it (no evidence) and it would quietly go away. I don't think he realized it would be plastered all over news world wide and a huge media sensation. When he realized this and knew it wasn't going away quietly, he committed suicide.
    Last edited by Nic B; 09-20-2021 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Might not mean anything at all, but I'm kinda wondering if they've verified some of the recent Alabama sightings, because they're suddenly disinterested in continuing the search at the local reserve

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/statu...664266241?s=19

Dammit. Everything starts to happen when it's after 12.30am here & I have to go to sleep.

The rest of you might be able to catch a livestream soon though

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/statu...766355460?s=19

/rant.
    Agreed.

I'm interested in this case, because you know this chick was wanting to become rich and famous while blogging about her live, laugh, love traveling life. Little did she know, she'd become famous, but only after death.

Yep. I read about her body being found on TMZ. Don't they usually cover news about celebs?

But alas, I am interested in this case. Not because of her looks, but because of the odd situation. They had a run in with cops who let them both go (and let's be honest, I highly doubt they would have been let go if they weren't white), then she goes missing, he doesn't say a word and lawyers up.....then HE goes missing. It's all crazy.

I am curious to find out her COD. And do we know for a fact his body was found? Is only his family saying that? Because I wouldn't take their word for it...

Edited to add: I'm wondering if he drove back like nothing happened, because he thought he would get away with it (no evidence) and it would quietly go away. I don't think he realized it would be plastered all over news world wide and a huge media sensation. When he realized this and knew it wasn't going away quietly, he committed suicide.
    I'm pretty sure they were wrong about his suicide. I think they are still looking, but not in the Reserve near his house.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I'm pretty sure they were wrong about his suicide. I think they are still looking, but not in the Reserve near his house.
    Okay yeah, I just looked up some news articles and you're right, he is still missing. It seems like they located absolutely nothing in the area his parents pointed to, so now I am leaning toward he took off and his parents helped him.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the parents got rid of evidence.

Thread Information