Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gabrielle Petito (22) found dead 3 weeks after going missing while on a van-life trip with her boyfriend

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-Florida.html

EXCLUSIVE: Rangers search Wyoming campsite where missing van-life girl Gabby Petito was last - while Florida cops hunt alligator-infested park for her boyfriend Brian Laundrie and say they 'fear for his safety' and he could be armed

Florida police and FBI officers hunt for the vanished boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, in the Carlton Reserves while Grand Teton National Park rangers are looking for the missing Gabby Petito in the Wyoming wilderness
    The rangers and Petito's stepfather, Jim Schmidt, said they are confident Petito is in the area as the search began Friday
    Northport Police and FBI began a search for the missing Laundrie on Saturday
    Petito's mom Nichole Schmidt reacted angrily to the news that Brian Laundrie had vanished and suggested he is on the run
    'He's not missing, he's hiding!' Peitio's mom Nichole Schmidt said 'Gaby is missing!'
    Petito was last seen on August 24 leaving a hotel with Laundrie in Salt Lake City, Utah, during the couple's cross-country campervan trip
    She made her final call to her mom the next day from Grand Teton National Park and was reported missing by her family on September 11
    Police said Laundrie returned to his home in North Port, Florida, September 1

Rangers and the FBI are actively searching an area on the east side of Grand Teton National Park for missing van-life girl Gabby Petito, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.

As a result of the search, Spread Creek campground is closed as National Park Rangers and the Teton County Sheriff search the area, and the area will remain closed to the public for the next few days.

The Spread Creek site is one of the dispersed camp grounds Petito listed as visiting on her page at thedyrt.com, where she reviewed her journey.

Petito, the 22-year-old 'van-life' girl, has been missing since the end of August 24. Her boyfriend, Brian Laundrie returned home to Florida on September 1 and has refused to cooperate with authorities.

On Saturday, he vanished and more than 50 law enforcement officers are now using bloodhounds, drones and 4x4 vehicles are searching for her boyfriend Brian Laundrie in a vast and alligator-infested swampy Florida woodland reserve, said North Port Police information chief Josh Taylor.

Laundrie often visits the Myakkahatchee Creek Environment Park, which is tied to the 25,000 acre Carlton Reserve, he said.

And that is where he told his parents he was going when he left their house, added Taylor

Officers do not know if Laundrie is armed.

Park rangers at the Grand Teton National Park, are also actively searching for Petito in the in Wyoming park.

Speaking at the entrance where Laundrie entered the park, Taylor said: 'We have five, six different agencies who are out there, 50 plus folks.

'We have had drones in the air, we have got bloodhounds, K9s, four by four vehicles. It's very wet, it's muddy. There are a few unpaved dirt roads. It's a place that people hike. There are mountain bike trails out here. The Myakkahatchee Creek runs down into the city.'

Asked if he believed there were concerns for Laundrie's safety, Taylor said: 'Sure, I think that's fair to say. There is an enormous amount of pressure I'm sure on him to provide answers on what's going on here.'

He could not confirm if Gabby's boyfriend – who has refused to talk to cops about her disappearance – owns a gun.

Pointing behind him, he added: 'They started the search in the park area, which is about 200 acres. There is a bridge which crosses over into the Carlton Reserve which is about 25,000 acres. It is believed he entered from here.

'The initial focus was on the 200 acres here, and then spreading out. The park is closed to the public.'

Asked how long it would take to search the entire 25,000 acres, he replied: 'You can imagine… a long time.'

Before it become a criminal investigation involving Laundrie 'we would need official confirmation of a crime,' he added.

Earlier on Saturday, a Grand Teton Park Ranger told DailyMail.com, 'there is a group of park rangers that is searching for Gabby Petito in the backcountry of the park.

'This is the park's elite search and rescue unit.

'I believe there may also be a search going on in a remote area of Yellowstone National Park.'

Authorities believe that Petito's last known location was in or around the Grand Teton National Park.

The park itself spans more than 310,000 acres and 485 square miles the backcountry consists of several hundred square miles on the west side of the park, it's a hike- in area only.

Petito's stepfather, Jim Schmidt, told DailyMail.com, that they are confidant she made it to the area but aren't sure where she may have ended up camping at.

'Members of search unit at the park can be air lifted to various remote areas for a search,' added the ranger. 'They don't tell us specifics they sort of do what they do.'

DailyMail.com located an account on thedyrt.com for Gabby and Brian V. that was last updated on July 14, 2021.

On the list are several dispersed campsites in the Grand Teton/Jackson area which are often free for stays up to 14 days in some place.

DailyMail.com went to several of these campsites which were in remotes areas near the park- off the grid.

Cellular phone service was spotty and the sheer remoteness of the area, one could easily disappear in without a trace.

In one dispersed campsite Dailymail.com just arrived at minutes after a grizzly was observed at the side of the road digging up an animal it had previously buried.

Grizzly bears aren't the only predators Petito would face out in the wilderness, there are red foxes, coyotes, bobcats and cougars that roam the park.

This comes as police and FBI begin searching a Florida wildlife reserve for vanished Brian Laundrie, Petito's fianc? who is a key witness to her disappearance.

North Port Police department said 'The North Point Police Department, FBI and agency partners are currently conducting a search of the vast Carlton Reserves for Brian Laundrie.

North Port police tweeted a photo of the search parties massing in the park, with at least 30 people present.

Laundrie's family says he entered the area earlier this week.

The T. Mabry Carlton Reserve covers nearly 25,000 acres and is 15 miles from the Laundrie home in North Port. It has 80 miles of equestrian, hiking and biking trails.

North Port Police communications chief Josh Taylor told Dailymail.com, 'That reserve covers a massive, swampland.

Police, FBI and the green-clad local Sarasota Sheriff's Department deputies were moving around in ATV vehicles as the search for Laundrie intensified today.

One particular area of interest with searchers is the 160-acre Myakkahatchee (correct) Creek Environment Park, which connects to the massive Carlton Reserve, and is filled with hiking trails amid the expanse of swamp and dense woodland.

One Sheriff's deputy was seen moving along a pathway into thick undergrowth carrying a machete. Officers remained tight lipped about the search when asked.

Other law enforcement were moving around the location on the perimeter of the environment park in the back of pick-up trucks

Laundrie's family did not tell authorities he was missing for three days.

Police said the Laundrie family called the FBI Friday night to talk about their son's disappearance, describing their frustration that this was the first time they had been willing to speak with investigators in detail amid the search for Petito.

Petito's mother has slammed her boyfriend Brian Laundrie saying 'he's not missing, he's hiding' after his attorney said the man now named a person of interest in her daughter's disappearance hasn't been seen since Tuesday.

Petito's mom Nichole Schmidt reacted angrily to the news that Laundrie had vanished and suggested he is on the run, following a fraught week where she has issued several public pleas asking him and his family to cooperate with investigators.

'He's not missing, he's hiding!' she told DailyMail.com. 'Gaby is missing!'

North Port Police and the FBI confirmed they are searching for Laundrie, whose family say they last saw him Tuesday wearing a hiking bag.

We understand the community's frustration, we are frustrated too,' police said Friday.

'For six days, the North Port Police Department and the FBI have been pleading with the family to contact investigators regarding Brian's Fianc? Gabby Petito.

'Friday is the first time they have spoken with investigators in detail.'

North Port Police said the department and the FBI are currently working a multiple missing person investigation.

They issued a description of Laundrie as a' white male, 5'8 160lbs, brown eyes, short brown hair, trimmed facial hair, last seen wearing a hiking bag with a waist strap.'

Rangers and the FBI are actively searching an area on the east side of Grand Teton National Park for missing van-life girl Gabby Petito, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal. As a result of the search, Spread Creek campground is closed as National Park Rangers and the Teton County Sheriff search the area, and the area will remain closed to the public for the next few days. The Spread Creek site is one of the dispersed camp grounds Petito listed as visiting on her page at thedyrt.com, where she reviewed her journey. In Florida, more than 50 law enforcement officers using bloodhounds, drones and 4x4 vehicles are searching for her boyfriend Brian Laundrie in a vast and swampy Florida woodland reserve, said North Port Police information chief Josh Taylor. Laundrie often visits the Myakkahatchee Creek Environment Park, which is tied to the 25,000 acre Carlton Reserve, he said. And that is where he told his parents he was going when he left their house, added Taylor. Officers do not know if Laundrie is armed.

FBI Denver have been tweeting on today's search for Gabby

https://twitter.com/FBIDenver/status...727391235?s=19
    Attached Images Attached Images

& another van sighting. Someone in the comments pointed out that it looks like more stickers were added to the back of the van after this vid was taken, so maybe whatever happened to Gabby hadn't happened yet. You wouldn't think stickering the van would be a priority for Brian if she was already gone

I think the 26th or 27th ?? was around the time she was msging her friend about meeting up at Yellowstone for the friend's birthday on the 29th. Gabby & Brian didn't turn up & the friend never heard from her again. I'm betting he found out about the meetup & got angry with her for wanting to see her friend, as he'd done in the past.
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-19-2021 at 04:28 AM.

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/ga...brian-laundrie

Body found where Gabby Petito search is underway in Wyoming, no confirmation of identity

Investigators on Saturday continued the national search for missing woman Gabby Petito a week after she was first reported missing. The search for her fianc? Brian Laundrie, who is a person of interest in the case, has ramped up since police officers went to his Florida home Friday expecting to speak to him and were told by his parents they hadn't heard from him since Tuesday.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    They've found a body in the area they were searching in Wyoming, but no ID yet:

https://abc7ny.com/gabby-petito-bria...arch/11030913/

ETA: You beat me by a minute!

ALSO, I'm going to add that the family helped him to escape and if they don't bring them up on charges I'll be pissed:

Laundrie's family told police about where he went after becoming "concerned about his whereabouts" and wanted to file a missing person's report, according to Taylor.

He said that Laundrie's vehicle was at the reserve and was found again at the family home but when pressed as to who or how the car would have gotten back without a sign of Laundrie, the spokesperson said "we are going by their family's word."
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 09-19-2021 at 02:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Damnit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Huh. I'm really surprised that they found her. There's a whole lot of big empty in the Grand Tetons.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Huh. I'm really surprised that they found her. There's a whole lot of big empty in the Grand Tetons.
    It's possible that there was animal activity going on near the body if it was a recent death. Vultures etc.

Judging by how he's acted throughout this also doesn't paint the picture of a criminal mastermind. The van was spotted by people driving past so I'm assuming that they conducted a search nearby where it was spotted as well.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Just in case anyone's interested, there's a press conference about to go live

I've already seen comments about a tent being found close to a road but every single platform covering Gabby had posts coming in by the millisecond - the live chat even crashed my ytube app - so for now it's hard to seperate fact from fiction

There are 2 other people missing in that area.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/18/gabby-...k-this-summer/

Gabby Petito one of three people missing near Grand Teton Park this summer

Rangers are searching for the 5-foot-5 Petito in the Teton backcountry — but she’s not the only missing person on their radar there, authorities said.

The last trace of Robert Lowery, a traveler from Texas, was a ping from his cellphone in Jackson on Aug. 23, police told the Jackson Hole News & Guide.

The 46-year-old was seen on video from Aug. 19 at a restaurant at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort in Teton Village, and may have taken a ride in a Lyft the following day.

Lowery had never been to the area before, his sister, Leigh Lowery, told the paper, and had recently gotten a sleeping bag and a tent, but had no camping experience.

In the third case, Cian McLaughlin, 27, was last seen June 8 hiking in the park by a local resident without a backpack. He was reported missing four days later.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/missing-g...brian-laundrie

Missing Gabby Petito: Police defend approach to questioning Brian Laundrie, who is now also missing-North Port Police spokesman Josh Taylor tells Fox News 'there is no information that a crime took place here'

When Gabby Petito went missing sometime in late August and her fianc? Brian Laundrie allegedly showed up alone at his parents’ home in Florida in her van – refusing to tell police where he last saw her – critics around the country wanted to know why authorities didn’t drag him in for questioning.

"The North Port Police Department has no authority to execute a possible federal search warrant on our own," department spokesman Josh Taylor told Fox News Digital Sunday. "I don’t see how anyone without all the facts in this case can come up with a reasonable conclusion and opinion on the matter."

He said investigators have still not established whether a crime even took place – in Florida or out West. And he noted that many details about the case have been kept secret to preserve the integrity of the investigation.

"There is no information that a crime took place here in North Port," Taylor told Fox News. "That is our jurisdiction."
    Garrison’s investigators for days asked for Laundrie and his attorney to cooperate – only to learn during a visit to his home Friday that his parents hadn’t seen him for three days.

Pat Diaz, a former Miami-Dade homicide detective who played a leading role in cracking parts of the "Cocaine Cowboys," said that police wouldn’t necessarily have needed to suspect a crime in order to get warrants for a missing person case.

"Why would you [try to] get consent from the guy, and not get a search warrant?" he asked Sunday. "You can get a search warrant for everything in that house, including his laptop."

FOX NEWS DIGITAL CONFRONTS BRIAN LAUNDRIE'S MOM OUTSIDE HER HOME: LIVE UPDATES

He said an examination of Laundrie’s electronics on the day Petito was reported missing could have given investigators an abundance of clues about her whereabouts. Even if Laundrie refused to talk and no crime was suspected.

And he questioned why the local sheriff’s department or state investigators didn’t take over early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    It's possible that there was animal activity going on near the body if it was a recent death. Vultures etc.

Judging by how he's acted throughout this also doesn't paint the picture of a criminal mastermind. The van was spotted by people driving past so I'm assuming that they conducted a search nearby where it was spotted as well.
    True.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

FBI states that the remains are consistent with the description of Gabby. It's her:

Human remains found in Wyoming are 'consistent' with description of Gabby Petito, FBI says

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/19/us/ga...day/index.html
    Oh well, back to gum.

Yeah the whole thing with his parents reporting him missing is super sketchy. Word is they told cops he left for a hike Tuesday & that they "somehow" saw his car in the parking lot at the preserve overnight on Tuesday & inexplicably drove it back to their residence.

Which means, if we believe their "Brian, our innocent son left for a perfectly innocent hike" story, that they drove off & abandoned their son without transport in an expanse of wilderness area - just like he did to Gabby

It makes no sense to take his car if they actually believed he went for a hike. It does make sense to take it if you know he's fleeing the country & won't be needing use of that vehicle for transport, but you want to ensure its protected so you can convert it to cash

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post

It was either the animal activity or they got a very specific pinpoint of their phones in one area for a long time and then the phones left for Florida.

I'm hearing on Facebook that they found his body close to his house, but they're not saying anything out of respect for Gabby's family.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

It was either the animal activity or they got a very specific pinpoint of their phones in one area for a long time and then the phones left for Florida.
    So you know that video above that shows the van parked awkwardly by the river? Her body was found 900 feet from there, less than a day after another camper reviewed their footage & sent it to the police. Youtube and TikTok led the police in the right direction to find Gabby.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I'm hearing on Facebook that they found his body close to his house, but they're not saying anything out of respect for Gabby's family.
    They've already been giant assholes this entire time, why stop now?

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    That will suck so bad for her family if it's legit. They'll never get the answers they need, or any sense of justice

If it is true this time, it's grimly ironic that all the effort his parents put into covering his arse may have lead to them living a similar nightmare to the one they've put Gabby's fam through. If they'd dealt with things differently maybe he would've been on suicide watch in police custody or a mental health unit

Also, there's an official press release now re the body suspected to be Gabby
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Country Mac View Post
    So you know that video above that shows the van parked awkwardly by the river? Her body was found 900 feet from there, less than a day after another camper reviewed their footage & sent it to the police. Youtube and TikTok led the police in the right direction to find Gabby.
    oh wow, how fortuitous that those YouTubers filmed that.

So he killed himself now? Did he think all during that drive home that no one would notice her missing?

There's a livestream of police activity at his parent's place right now

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/statu...361141250?s=19

Edit : he said he's shutting it down to conserve battery so I guess nothing of note is happening atm
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-19-2021 at 06:15 PM.

Oh shit, I didn't even notice this when I watched the vid of their van parked by the road.

You can clearly see the door on their van was open & someone closed it as the youtuber's vehicle began to get closer

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    There's a livestream of police activity at his parent's place right now

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/statu...361141250?s=19

Edit : he said he's shutting it down to conserve battery so I guess nothing of note is happening atm
    I'm surprised that he was standing in their yard. I would've had the cops called on him for trespassing.

Oh shit, I didn't even notice this when I watched the vid of their van parked by the road.

You can clearly see the door on their van was open & someone closed it as the youtuber's vehicle began to get closer

Someone said in a video showing the van, that you can see someone digging in the distance before you see the van. I think that might've been someone's imagination.
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

I dunno. I didn't see a door moving. It looks like it could be an optic illusion created by the tree.

I believe they mentioned stopping and looking to see in anyone was in the van because it had Florida plates and they were also from Florida so wanted to say hello.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Thread Information