Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Gabrielle Petito (22) found dead 3 weeks after going missing while on a van-life trip with her boyfriend

Quote Originally Posted by Daisychain View Post

https://people.com/crime/trailer-for...eleased-watch/

Gabby Petito's Family Opens Up About Her Murder in New Peacock Documentary — Watch the Trailer

The Murder of Gabby Petito: Truth, Lies, and Social Media premieres on Peacock on Dec. 17
    There's a whole article in there but that was as much as I could handle lol.

https://people.com/crime/trailer-for...eleased-watch/

Gabby Petito's Family Opens Up About Her Murder in New Peacock Documentary ? Watch the Trailer

The Murder of Gabby Petito: Truth, Lies, and Social Media premieres on Peacock on Dec. 17
    Holy cow. This just happened and they already have a documentary?!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Holy cow. This just happened and they already have a documentary?!
    Maybe it's like Kyle Rittenhouse and they were filming all along!!! IM JUST KIDDING PEOPLE (Fuck that guy.) Anyways, I try not to judge because I realize people grieve in different ways...ehhhh but this is just so distasteful to me. I didn't read the article, but just for the fact that peacock has obviously paid this family gobs of money for the pleasure of the rights to their dead daughter's murder, and they then sold the launch party release story or whatever to People magazine who obviously paid them oodles for it. No matter if family shopped the doc or peacock approached them, it doesn't matter, she literally just died. And I don't know about you guys but it's weird to me. Call me JUDGEY. But then again, Gabby herself was a nascent/wannabe vanlife influencer, so maybe it runs in the family. Who knows.

Maybe it's like Kyle Rittenhouse and they were filming all along!!! IM JUST KIDDING PEOPLE (Fuck that guy.) Anyways, I try not to judge because I realize people grieve in different ways...ehhhh but this is just so distasteful to me. I didn't read the article, but just for the fact that peacock has obviously paid this family gobs of money for the pleasure of the rights to their dead daughter's murder, and they then sold the launch party release story or whatever to People magazine who obviously paid them oodles for it. No matter if family shopped the doc or peacock approached them, it doesn't matter, she literally just died. And I don't know about you guys but it's weird to me. Call me JUDGEY. But then again, Gabby herself was a nascent/wannabe vanlife influencer, so maybe it runs in the family. Who knows.
    There are lots of specials/shows like this on ID channel. But you're right with the whole "too soon" thing. It does seem like they jumped on this too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    There are lots of specials/shows like this on ID channel. But you're right with the whole "too soon" thing. It does seem like they jumped on this too quickly.
    That's true. But then again, there a pretty big difference between an few lines of interview in a 30 min ID channel show and a whole documentary on a streaming service lol

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/21/us/ga...rie/index.html

FBI: Brian Laundrie claimed responsibility for Gabby Petito's death

Before taking his own life, Brian Laundrie wrote in a notebook he was responsible for Gabby Petito's death, according to the FBI.

"A review of the notebook revealed written statements by Mr. Laundrie claiming responsibility for Ms. Petito's death," the FBI's Denver Field Office said in a statement released Friday.

The notebook was discovered in October, in the same area as Laundrie's remains, in Florida's Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park, authorities said. A revolver was found nearby, the FBI stated.

Petito's and Laundrie's families have reached an agreement on how the couple's belongings, including a notebook, will be distributed, Laundrie family attorney Steve Bertolino said Friday, about four months after Petito's remains were found in Wyoming.

Laundrie had been the subject of a weekslong manhunt when his body was found. His family was informed he shot himself in the head, and his death was ruled a suicide, Bertolino said in November.

Bertolino would not say which family will receive the notebook. The Petito family met with the FBI in Tampa, Florida, this week and reached an agreement on distributing her and Laundrie's belongings, he said before the FBI statement was released.

https://www.wesh.com/article/gabby-p...-knew/39412248

Gabby Petito’s family: Brian Laundrie’s parents knew about daughter’s murder, lawsuit claims

Gabby Petito’s family filed a lawsuit against the parents of Brian Laundrie this week, accusing the Laundrie family of knowing their son murdered 22-year-old Petito and were working to help him leave the country.
    Advertisement

Petito’s father, Joseph Petito, and mother, Nichole Schmidt, filed the civil lawsuit against Chris and Roberta Laundrie on Thursday, March 10, according to court documents obtained by WFLA.com. The new documents contain several bombshell allegations that were not previously mentioned by the FBI, the lead investigating agency on the Petito and Laundrie case.

According to the documents, it’s believed Petito died on Aug. 27 at the hands of Laundrie. The FBI said last month that Laundrie claimed responsibility for Petito’s death in a written journal entry that was found with his remains in Sarasota County late last year.

While a coroner determined Petito’s cause of death was homicide by manual strangulation, the civil lawsuit claims she also suffered blunt force injuries to the head and neck.

In the new lawsuit, Petito’s parents allege that Laundrie told his parents what happened “on or about” Aug. 28.

“It is believed, and therefore averred that… Brian Laundrie advised his parents, Christopher Laundrie and Roberta Laundrie, that he had murdered Gabrielle Petito,” the lawsuit states. “On that same date, Christopher Laundrie and Roberta Laundrie spoke with Attorney Steve Bertolino, and sent him a retainer on Sept. 2, 2021.”

The lawsuit says Laundrie sent text messages back and forth between his phone and Petito’s phone after her death “in an effort to hide the fact that she was deceased.” The suit also specifically mentions a text Laundrie allegedly sent to Schmidt on Aug. 27 that referred to Petito’s grandfather by his first name – Stan. Petito’s mother had previously said that final text message raised red flags to her because Petito never called her grandfather by his first name. The suit claims Laundrie sent an additional text from Petito’s phone on Aug. 30 to Schmidt saying there was no service in Yosemite Park “in an effort to deceive” her into believing her daughter was still alive.

The suit then lays out some of what happened in the days after Petito’s death, before an official missing person alert went out. The Petito family says there was no contact between the two families after Brian Laundrie returned home to North Port alone driving Petito’s van on Sept. 1. It also mentions the vacation the Laundries took to Fort DeSoto Park “while Gabrielle Petito’s family was suffering.”

Once the official search for Petito was underway, before her remains were found, the lawsuit says the Laundrie family refused to respond to questions from law enforcement and Petito’s family. According to the documents, Petito’s parents also believe Laundrie’s parents were planning to help their son leave the United States.

“While Joseph Petito and Nichole Schmidt were desperately searching for information concerning their daughter, Christopher Laundrie and Roberta Laundrie were keeping the whereabouts of Brian Laundrie secret, and it is believed were making arrangements for him to leave the country.”

In the lawsuit, Petito and Schmidt accuse the Laundrie family of acting “with malice or great indifference to the rights of” Petito’s family.

“Christopher and Roberta Laundrie exhibited extreme and outrageous conduct which constitutes behavior, under the circumstances, which goes beyond all possible bounds of decency and is regarded as shocking, atrocious, and utterly intolerable in a civilized community,” the lawsuit says.

Petito and Schmidt are seeking damages of at least $100,000, according to the documents filed this week, stating that they suffered pain and mental anguish as a result of the “willfulness and maliciousness” of the Laundries.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I firmly believe his parents knew all along that he murdered Gabby. The issue with the lawsuit is it seems to have a great deal of conjecture. For example, do they have proof the parents were planning on helping him leave the country or is that what they feel happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I firmly believe his parents knew all along that he murdered Gabby. The issue with the lawsuit is it seems to have a great deal of conjecture. For example, do they have proof the parents were planning on helping him leave the country or is that what they feel happened?
    I agree with all of that. I think them putting the retainer down on the lawyer is very telling, but they can argue it was for something else and there's really no proof it wasn't.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    They absolutely knew. It's obvious. However proving it will be difficult. Then again, this is a civil suit, not criminal so having absolute proof isn't really a must and with it being only 100K hanging in the balance, I could easily see a jury siding with Gabby's parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

Okay okay yes everyone knows that his parents knew. But I'm sorry, people should not just be able to file lawsuits for acting with malice or great indifference to the rights of blahblahblah (aka hurting some feelings/being an asshole) I mean FFS was the attention from the goddamn documentary wear off already??? *insert bloodshot eyeroll here*
    La tristesse durera toujours - Vincent van Gogh

Some pages from Laundrie's Notebook released.
    "I don't know the extent of Gabby's ingerys (sic) only that she was in extreme pain. I ended her life, I thought it was merciful, that it is what she wanted, but I see now all the mistakes I made. I panicked. I was in shock. But from the moment I decided, took away her pain, I knew I couldn't go on without her," he wrote.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/24/u...ito/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Roshana View Post
    Some pages from Laundrie's Notebook released.
    "I don't know the extent of Gabby's ingerys (sic) only that she was in extreme pain. I ended her life, I thought it was merciful, that it is what she wanted, but I see now all the mistakes I made. I panicked. I was in shock. But from the moment I decided, took away her pain, I knew I couldn't go on without her," he wrote.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/24/u...ito/index.html
    What an asshole. "Merciful". Fuck him.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    What an asshole. "Merciful". Fuck him.
    But, but, it wasn't his fault and he was just doing a good thing by putting her out of her misery. He's the hero.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    But, but, it wasn't his fault and he was just doing a good thing by putting her out of her misery. He's the hero.
    Dude was a textbook abuser.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Work has been busy so Im behind on the news--I just read that Brian actually tried to claim that he was "taking her pain away." At first I thought, "oh, had she been struggling with depression?" (Not that that makes murder any more acceptable) but then I open the fucking article and he's claiming that she had suffered an acute injury, so he killed her. Do you know what takes the pain away after an acute injury? PAIN MEDICATION IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM! You don't give an injured person the Old Goddamn Yeller treatment Brian! Fuck that guy. I never say this, but I am so glad that he is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaHag42 View Post
    Work has been busy so Im behind on the news--I just read that Brian actually tried to claim that he was "taking her pain away." At first I thought, "oh, had she been struggling with depression?" (Not that that makes murder any more acceptable) but then I open the fucking article and he's claiming that she had suffered an acute injury, so he killed her. Do you know what takes the pain away after an acute injury? PAIN MEDICATION IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM! You don't give an injured person the Old Goddamn Yeller treatment Brian! Fuck that guy. I never say this, but I am so glad that he is dead.
    Not to mention, WHO CAUSED THE "ACUTE INJURY"? He beat her and then decided it was " merciful " to finish her off. What a dick.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Bro had no idea what was wrong with her, but just decides to do a "mercy killing"? Okay, buddy...

Pretty sure his parents are the only ones willing to believe that bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

bullshits
    I don't believe a single word of what he may have written
    He's just trying to clean up his posthumous reputation

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...611192bff46272

Judge Calls Brian Laundrie's Family's Alleged Actions 'Callous and Cruel,' Denies Motion to Dismiss Suit

Thread Information