Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gabrielle Petito (22) found dead 3 weeks after going missing while on a van-life trip with her boyfriend

Gabrielle Petito (22) found dead 3 weeks after going missing while on a van-life trip with her boyfriend

I don't think this is going to end well.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/van-li...y-he-came-back

A young woman touring the country?s national parks with her boyfriend in a converted camper van suddenly disappeared without a word?and her anguished family is desperate for answers.
    https://www.instagram.com/bizarre_design_/
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-26-2022 at 06:14 PM.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...two-weeks.html

wow, this does not look good, article has a lot of same info but interesting timeline.

Vanished without a trace: Timeline of Gabby Petito's trip and disappearance

July 2: Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie set out on their road trip from Blue Point, New York – in Suffolk County on eastern Long Island

July 5: The couple stopped at Kansas' Monument Rocks

July 8: Their next stop was Colorado Springs

July 10: Petito updated her Instagram with photos of her walking at Grand Sand Dunes National Park

July 16: Petito's smiling in a photo from the couple's next stop at Zion National Park

July 20: Petito informed her Instagram followers that they were at Cedar Breaks

July 21: The next stop was Bryce Canyon National Park

July 26: Petito posted a photo relaxing in a tub at Mystic Hot Springs

July 30: The couple stopped at Canyonlands National Park Mesa Arch

August 12: They couple took a hike at Arches National Park

August 13: Laundrie posted an Instagram photo from their next destination in Moab, Utah

August 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah

August 25: Petito's family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park

August 27, 30: Petito's mom Nicole Schmidt had a text exchange with who she thought was Petito, but didn't hear from her over the phone to confirm

Unknown date: Laundrie returned to the couple's home in North port, Florida, without Petito

September 11: Schmidt reported her daughter missing after not hearing from her for nearly two weeks

Really suspicious that he didn't report her missing, what did he leave the van and hop a flight back to Florida? Her parents had to report her missing and aren't even sure the last texts were from her. I also read they were engaged since last July.

I just saw a video on this on tik tok and was hoping someone made a thread

Jfc this guy really couldn't look more suss if he tried

Also, looks like he drove all the way back, so the search area is going to be impossibly big

https://www.fox13news.com/news/north...s-country-trip

Gabby Petito disappearance: Van found at boyfriend's North Port family home
    By Evan Axelbank and FOX 13 News staffPublished 6 hours agoUpdated 2 hours agoSarasota CountyFOX 13
    Family pleads for answers in disappearance of Gabby Petito
    Evan Axelbank reports

NORTH PORT, Fla. - The North Port Police Department is assisting agencies across multiple states to find out what happened to a woman who went missing while on a road trip with her boyfriend. The van they were traveling in was located this weekend at a home in Sarasota County.

Gabrielle Petito, 22, and her boyfriend were driving a converted camper van from Florida to New York and then to national parks out west when Gabrielle went missing.

Gabrielle?s mother said she last spoke to her daughter via text on August 25. The camper van was located at the home of her boyfriend's parents in North Port, Florida on the weekend of September 11, the day Gabrielle's mother reported her missing.

Police said Gabrielle's boyfriend is not missing but did not say where he may be or if he is considered to be involved in her disappearance.

Agencies from Sarasota County to New York to the FBI are now trying to piece together where she might have gone.

Screenshot from Youtube video of Gabrielle and her boyfriend during roadtrip (Nomadic Statik/Youtube)

Gabrielle and her boyfriend began their trip in July, driving from Florida to New York, where Petito grew up. The couple then drove west, stopping at national parks along the way.

A little more than a month into their trip, on September 11, Petito?s mother, Nicole Schmidt, reported her daughter missing. Schmidt said the last time she talked to her daughter was August 25.

Van located at boyfriend's parents' home
    Evan Axelbank reports (vid at link)

Social media trail
    The couple documented some of their travels on social media. On July 4, Gabrielle posted a photo of herself on Instagram, standing in between two rock formations in Monument Rocks, Kansas.

On July 11, Gabrielle posted a photo of herself in Colorado?s Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve. Eleven days later, she posted a photo of herself in Utah?s Bryce Canyon National Park.

According to her Instagram posts, Gabrielle and her boyfriend spent several weeks in Utah, visiting Mystic Hot Springs, Canyonlands National Park, and Arches National Park. One post describes the dangers of rock climbing and their experience climbing a less-traveled, treacherous area.

"We walked just a little past the arch where the rock is at such an angle, it appears impossible to walk on, but being such experienced hikers, I had confidence that I could make it!" the post read, in part. "Many people who spotted us were contemplating how we made it here, shouting things like ?wow you guys must be crazy!?"

Gabrielle's most recent Instagram post was made on August 25. The photos appear to be taken in front of a mural called "The Monarch" in Ogden, Utah.

In a 7-minute Youtube video titled "VAN LIFE | Beginning Our Van Life Journey," posted August 19 on the account Nomadic Statik, the couple can be seen in various, unmarked locations, seeming to enjoy their life on the road.

Parts of the video feature them both, while other parts only show Gabrielle. The video is the only post visible on the Nomadic Statik Youtube channel.

Mother pleads for answers
    According to Fox News, who spoke to Gabrielle?s mother, Nicole Schmidt, the couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, which is Petito's last known location before the pair planned to visit Yellowstone National Park.

Gabrielle's mother, Nicole Schmidt breaks down during press conference about her missing daughter
    "I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt told Fox News on Sunday. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

"I can?t say much, but she?s no longer with the van," Schmidt told Fox News of her daughter. "I don?t want to say anything more than that but for people looking for her, I want them to look for her now, not look for that van anymore."

Map of possible route traveled by the couple (WNYW)

According to police in North Port, the van was found at the home of Gabrielle's boyfriend's parents.

In a statement, North Port PD said, "We currently have no definitive information that a crime took place here in North Port. With that said, the circumstances are odd. The vehicle she was traveling in was located here in North Port. So, we are actively gathering local details and any evidence to assist in finding needed answers."

North Port police spokesperson Josh Taylor said they are not ruling anything out, including that Gabrielle may not want to be found.

"We're hopeful that she's out there somewhere. People just sometimes don't want to communicate so that's certainly still a viable option," Taylor said. "But we have to prepare for something maybe more sinister."

Screenshot from Youtube video of van driven by Gabrielle and her boyfriend (Nomadic Statik/Youtube)
    Detectives from the Suffolk County Police Department in New York, Petito's hometown, are leading the investigation into her disappearance. Anyone who has a tip about the case to submit to the Suffolk County Police Department may do so by calling 1-800-220-8477.

North Port PD says anyone who might have information about the case is asked to 941-429-7382.

The FBI Tampa Field Office is also assisting the investigation. You can also call 1-800-CALL-FBI or submit tips to tips.fbi.gov.

Petito is 5 feet, 5 inches tall and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

A family friend has started a GoFundMe to raise money to help in the search for Gabrielle Petito. The page calls her disappearance suspicious.

He totally did something. I'm all for hiring a lawyer even if innocent (it's the smart thing to do) but the fact he didn't report her missing and just returned home like nothing happened, totally suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://abc7ny.com/gabrielle-petito-...oman/11022251/

Missing Long Island native's Instagram restored, Utah PD confirm 'incident'

Could they be more vague?
    Yeah, super vague. However if the police were called, it's obvious that someone witnessed a fight or something that they were having and thought it was serious enough to have the cops step in.

I didn't realize that her Instagram had been deleted. I must have missed that part. That dude killed her. It's so obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I was looking for listings of local police reports in Moab, UT and found this news article: https://www.abc4.com/news/local-news...rian-laundrie/

Police report outlines incident in Moab between Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie

MOAB, Utah (ABC4) – The police report out of Moab shows Gabby Petito and her boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, had been in a physical altercation days before Petito’s disappearance.

On Sept. 11, the family of Petito reported her disappearance, say they had not heard from her since late August. She and Laundrie had been on a road trip through the U.S., stretching through Moab, Utah, and into Wyoming. When they last spoke with her, Petito’s family says she was believed to be in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. Before that, Moab Police say they responded to an incident involving both.

On Tuesday, Moab Police confirmed they had responded to an incident on August 12. Chief Bret Edge released no additional details at the time, saying his officers had “conducted an investigation and determined that insufficient evidence existed to justify criminal charges.”

ABC4 affiliate NewsNation has obtained a copy of the police report filed in regard to the incident, according to reporter Brian Entin. In a Wednesday afternoon Twitter thread, Entin outlines the police report.

Moab Police were initially called to an incident in which a “male had been observed to have assaulted the female” near the Moonflower Community Cooperative on 39 East 100 North. When officers arrived, they determined Laundrie had tried to “create distance by telling Gabby to go take a walk to calm down.”

At this point, authorities report Petito began slapping Laundrie who then “grabbed her face and pushed her back as she pressed upon him and the van,” Entin reports. Laundrie allegedly tried to lock her out of the van but did not lock the driver’s side door, which Petito then opened. According to Entin, the police report explains Petito forced her way into the vehicle before it drove off. Police say Petito thought Laundrie was leaving her in Moab.

No reports of Laundrie hitting Petito were given, according to Moab Police. The couple told authorities they were in love and did not want either to be charged, Entin continues. Police determined the incident was a mental or emotional health “break.” Petito and Laundrie reportedly separated for the night, with Petito keeping the van and Laundrie getting lodging assistance from police.

A report from a second officer says the van was stopped after it was spotted traveling 45 mph in a 15 mph zone. After stopping the van, officers say they noticed Petito crying. She continued crying during the investigation and said she was struggling with her mental health. Entin reports Laundrie told officers the couple had been traveling for four to five months, which “created emotional strain between them and increased the number of arguments.”

After evaluating the circumstances, Entin says Moab Police determined the incident was not a domestic assault.

On Wednesday, North Port Police in Florida determined Laundrie is a person of interest in this case. After returning to Florida 10 days before Petito was reported missing, Laundrie “has not made himself available to be interviewed by investigators or has provided any helpful details.” He returned to the home he and Petito share with his parents with the van.

The FBI has set up a national hotline to receive tips: 1-800-CALLFBI (225-5324). That is the primary tip line for any information about Petito’s whereabouts. If you saw the van, seen below, or have any other information, authorities want to speak with you.

Okay. So now that they've provided more detail on what happened it has me hopeful that MAYBE she's still alive and suffering from a mental break. It's quite possible that she just ran off at some point and he genuinely doesn't know where she is. That doesn't explain why he didn't inform her family that there was a problem and she took off though and also why he wouldn't report her missing or cooperate with authorities. Getting a lawyer, YES. Refusing to cooperate with your lawyer present? NO.

I found it odd that officers witnessed her putting hands on him and she wasn't arrested. If she had been, this probably wouldn't be happening right now.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I found it odd that officers witnessed her putting hands on him and she wasn't arrested. If she had been, this probably wouldn't be happening right now.
    Agreed. They had to go so far as separate them for the night. Although, I could see that if they knew they would be separated that it would blow over and not have to press charges that could have hurt their futures. The police actually provided lodging for him so since it was a controlled environment, they probably figured that it was just a bad fight and an isolated incident.

My guess is she's going to be found dead and then he's going to say she committed suicide, reference the mental break above.

My guess is she's going to be found dead and then he's going to say she committed suicide, reference the mental break above.
    I also had that thought. Either that or he'll claim self defense because of the reports that she hit him.

Moab Police were initially called to an incident in which a “male had been observed to have assaulted the female” near the Moonflower Community Cooperative on 39 East 100 North. When officers arrived, they determined Laundrie had tried to “create distance by telling Gabby to go take a walk to calm down.”

So he assaulted her & then told her to fuck off from her own vehicle while she was in an unfamiliar place where she knew no one.

I'd like to hear exactly what the reporting party witnessed before calling police.

It says they were called because the witness saw Gabby being assaulted by Brian, but the cops wrote it up as though she was both the aggressor in that incident & the source of problems within the relationship generally.

Given the rate of domestic violence perpetrators within the police force, there's a good chance she was the victim of ongoing abuse but Brian got lucky & the cops who turned up took his side
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-15-2021 at 01:30 PM.

Just finished reading the entire TCS thread from start to finish & this case is sooo much wilder than I realised. I didn't know about the murdered couple in Moab, the town where Gabbi & Brian had cops called on them.

They were killed within days of the police being called on Gabbi & Brian. They were also doing the van life thing & if I read the TCS thread correctly, one of them worked at the place near where Gabbi & Brian had their fight, & where the call to police was made about them. Which seems like a pretty wild coincidence

Meanwhile, they've released the cop's bodycam from the domestic violence call

https://nbc-2.com/top-news/2021/09/1...mpression=true

New bodycam video reveals emotional Utah incident between Gabby Petito and boyfriend
    By NBC2 News 2 hours Ago

Gabrielle Petito, 22, reported missing by family on Sept. 11
    North Port police name boyfriend Brian Laundrie as person of interest, describe him as uncooperative with the investigation
    Van used by Petito and Laundrie on cross-country road trip recovered by North Port police

Laundrie?s attorney releases statement saying Laundrie will be ?remaining in the background? of the investigation

NORTH PORT, Fla ? Moab Police released bodycam video Thursday showing an emotional Gabby Petito following an altercation with her boyfriend in Utah just weeks before her disappearance.

The North Port Police Department is expected to speak about the incident in a press conference Thursday at noon.

The boyfriend of Gabrielle (Gabby) Petito was named a person of interest on Wednesday by North Port police in her disappearance while the couple was on a cross-country road trip.

Brian Laundrie?s attorney released a new statement Wednesday night that reads:

?Many people are wondering why Mr. Laundrie would not make a statement or speak with law enforcement in the face of Ms. Petito?s absence. In my experience, intimate partners are often the first person law enforcement focus their attention on in cases like this and the warning that ?any statement made will be used against you? is true, regardless of whether my client had anything to do with Ms. Petito?s disappearance. As such, on the advice of counsel Mr. Laundrie is not speaking on the matter.

I have been informed that the North Port, Florida police have named Brian Laundrie as a ?person of interest? in this matter. This formality has not really changed the circumstances of Mr. Laundrie being the focus of attention of law enforcement and Mr. Laundrie will continue to remain silent on the advice of counsel.?

Petito was reported missing by her family on September 11, just before 7 p.m. The 22-year-old North Port woman, originally from New York, had been on a ?van life journey? with her boyfriend, Laundrie, when she disappeared.

The case has since sparked national attention after police on Long Island first reported Petito?s disappearance on Monday.

Petito is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall, 110 pounds with blonde hair and blue eyes. She also has several tattoos including one on her finger and one on her forearm that reads ?let it be,? police said.

So far, Laundrie has not made himself available to be interviewed by investigators or provided any helpful details about Petito?s disappearance, North Port police said.

Laundrie had returned home to North Port on Sept. 1 alone.

GABBY?S FAMILY SPEAKS OUT
    The Petito & Schmidt families released the following statement Wednesday in response to Laundrie being named a person of interest:

?Every day the search for Gabby continues the Schmidt and Petito family becomes more desperate. They are frantically searching for answers and information in their daughter?s disappearance while Brian sits in the comfort of his home.

Brian claims he wants to sit in the background while we search for Gabby in the wilderness of the Grand Teton and Yellowstone national parks.

Brian left Gabby in the wilderness with grizzly bears and wolves while he sits in the comfort of his home. In his home!

Brian, how could you do this to Gabby? You selfishly remain silent while Gabby is all alone in the wilderness.

Brian, your silence is reprehensible! We beg you to do the right thing and help us bing Gabby home.

Brian, whatever happened in Wyoming, happened. The only thing you can control is what you do now. Tell us where Gabby is.

You tarnish your love for her with your silence.?

-Richard Stafford, family spokesperson
    The white Ford van that Petito and Laundrie were driving across the country was recovered by North Port police on Sept. 11, the same day Petito was reported missing, at Petito and Laundrie?s home.

?The van is here. We have it under safekeeping. We?re working with the FBI that will be a very thorough process with all of their skillsets and ours to discover anything that may be there,? Josh Taylor with the North Port Police Department said.

?We currently have no definitive information that a crime took place here in North Port,? NPPD said in a statement. ?With that said, the circumstances are odd.?

An attorney for Laundrie provided this statement on Tuesday:

?This is understandably an extremely difficult time for both the Petito family and the Laundrie family. It is our understanding that a search has been organized for Miss Petito in or near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. On behalf of the Laundrie family it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is re-united with her family. On the advice of counsel the Laundrie family is remaining in the background at this juncture and will have no further comment.?

TIMELINE OF EVENTS
    July 2, 2021 ? Gabrielle Petito and boyfriend Brian Laundrie leave New York in white Ford van and travel west on cross-country road trip, both Laundrie and Petito posting frequently on Instagram

August 12 ? Utah police officers respond to incident involving Petito and Laundrie, reported by third party. No charges filed.

August 19 ? Petito posts YouTube video ?Beginning Our Van Life Journey? documenting the initial stages of their road trip

August 21 ? Petito?s father and stepmother speak to Gabby in their last FaceTime call with her while she was in Utah

August 25 ? Petito posts on Instagram for the last time with caption of ?Happy Halloween?

August 30 ? Petito?s mother receives her final communication from Gabby?s phone, in the form of a text. Family believes Petito was in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming

September 1 ? Laundrie returns home to North Port alone

September 11 ? Petito is reported missing by family. On the same day, white Ford van is found in North Port at Petito and Laundrie?s home

September 13 ? Local authorities & the FBI release information to the public asking for tips on Petito?s whereabouts

September 14 ? Laundrie?s lawyer releases statement saying Laundrie will be ?remaining in the background? of the investigation

September 14 ? Petito?s family releases statement begging Laundrie to come forward with information on Petito?s whereabouts

September 15 ? North Port police name Laundrie as person of interest, describe him as uncooperative with investigation

BEFORE GABBY?S DISAPPEARANCE
    Petito and Laundrie had posted a YouTube video that documented the couple?s beginning stages of their cross-country road trip.

During the couple?s trip, Utah police officers confirmed they responded to an incident involving Laundrie and Petito on August 12, about a month before she was reported missing. Neither Laundrie nor Petito were the reporting party.

A witness told officers they had seen Laundrie and Petito get into a physical altercation outside of their van. The couple told officers they had gotten into an argument when Petito began slapping Laundrie. He reportedly grabbed Petito?s face and pushed her back.

SEE THE FULL BODYCAM VIDEO FROM THE INCIDENT BELOW: (at link)

The couple told officers they did not want any charges to be filed. Instead, police made arrangements for the couple to separate for the night.

Read the full police report below:
    Moab County Police Department by Olivia Hyde on Scribd

Petito sent updates to her family several times a week after the trip started on July 2. She last spoke with her father and stepmother on Facetime on Aug. 21.

Her mom, Nichole Schmidt, last heard from Petito on Aug. 30. Her family believed she was in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming when they heard from her last.

Family members said they noticed the 22-year-old?s Instagram posts slowing down toward the end of August around the same time they lost communication with her.

On Wednesday morning, Petito?s Instagram account was briefly taken down. It was restored hours later. North Port police said they are still investigating why her page was taken down.

Suffolk County Police Department
    North Port police said foul play is not out of the question.

?You know we?re in the job of preparing for the worst but hoping for the best. So we are not in a position to just hope that we find her and then start an investigation, which might be of more significance. We have to play both right now,? Taylor said.

The FBI has set up a national hotline to receive tips: 1-800-CALLFBI (225-5324). Tips can also be submitted to tips.fbi.gov.

Guess I'll go see if we have a thread on the couple who were murdered ...

Moab's population was only 5,268 in 2019 so the chances seem pretty slim of a seemingly random double murder of women, & an unusual missing persons case involving a women both connected to the same small town - especially when Crystal & Kylen were last seen the night after cops were called on Gabbi & Brian

https://www.ksl.com/article/50238018...m-told-friends

Warrants: If something happens to us, we were murdered, Moab victim told friends
    By Pat Reavy, KSL.com | Posted - Sept. 9, 2021 at 12:53 p.m.

Crystal Beck, left, and Kylen Schulte, on a 2020 road trip. The two women were found last month dead in a creek with multiple gunshot wounds. (Instagram)

MOAB — Two Moab women found dead in the La Sal Mountains were each shot multiple times and their bodies found in a creek.

That and other new information regarding the killings of Kylen "Ky" Carrol Schulte, 24, and Crystal Michelle Turner, 38, were revealed this week in a pair of search warrant affidavits filed in 7th District Court.

The women were last seen on Friday, Aug. 13 about 8:30 p.m. leaving Woody's Tavern on Main Street in Moab. They drove to a campsite in the La Sal Mountains.

At some point during the weekend, friends say the women called to inform others that they were moving to a different campsite because of a "weirdo" nearby who was "freaking them out."

"Investigators were informed that Kylen had mentioned to her friends that if something happened to them, that they were murdered. Kylen had continued by saying there was a 'creepy man' around their camp and they had been intimidated by him," the warrants state.

Schulte and Turner were reported missing on Aug. 16 after failing to show up for work.

On Aug. 18, Schulte's boss and friend Cindy Sue Hunter, who went looking for the missing women, found their bodies at their campsite in the South Mesa area and called police. Officers noted in the warrants that they found the women's car, tent, a makeshift rabbit shelter, and items common for long-term camping at the site.

"In a nearby creek, two female bodies were found. The bodies were identified as belonging to Crystal Turner and her wife Kylen Schulte. Both women were undressed from the waist down," the warrants state. "Investigators located multiple gunshot wounds on both bodies. The wounds were located on the backs, sides, and/or chests of the victims."

Grand County Sheriff's Capt. Shan Hackwell said Thursday he did not know if the women were sexually assaulted. Hackwell said detectives are still waiting for final reports and tests to be returned from the Utah Office of the Medical Examiner and State Crime Lab.

No arrests have been made and no suspects named. Multiple agencies, including the FBI and the State Bureau of Investigation, are assisting with the case.

While the Grand County Sheriff's Office has kept details of the investigation close to the vest, the new warrants give indications of some of the evidence that has been collected.

Schulte and Turner's Kia Sorento that was found at the campsite was impounded to collect evidence. A second vehicle, a 1987 Ford Econoline van, also registered to the women, left in the parking lot of McDonald's in Moab was also seized. Inside the van, investigators found a black journal with newspaper clippings, handwritten notes, prescription meds and drug paraphernalia, the warrant states.

A second search warrant was served at A1 Storage Units where the women had a unit that they shared with Schulte's father. More drug paraphernalia, a small amount of drugs, cellphones and tablets were seized, according to the warrant.

Sean-Paul Schulte, Ky Schulte's father, recently returned to Moab seeking answers in the women's deaths.

A pair of $10,000 rewards have been offered by business owners in Moab for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever is responsible for the killings.

Anyone with information about the women's deaths is asked to call the sheriff's office at 435-259-8115.

This is all just so fucking weirdly interconnected

https://meaww.com/moonflower-co-op-m...schulte-548147
    Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie fought at store where murdered Kylen Schulte worked

Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie (L) were fighting in front of the store where Kylen Schulte (R) worked

More details have been revealed in the Gabby Petito disappearance case which indicates a possible link with the Kylen Schulte and Crystal Turner murder case in Moab, Utah. According to an incident report released by Moab Police Department on September 15, cops responded to a domestic violence complaint in Moab on August 12, two weeks prior to Petito's mysterious disappearance. The report identifies Petito and her fiance Brian Laundrie as the arguing couple when she was reportedly seen hitting him in the arm.

Coincidentally, the incident of 'violence' took place around 4:30 pm in front of the Moonflower Community Co-op in Moab, where Kylen Schulte used to work. Moab residents Kylen Schulte and her wife Crystal 'Beck' Turner were shot dead in La Sal Mountains of Utah on the August 14 weekend. The bodies of the lesbian couple were discovered later by their friends. Now, as the investigation on Gabby Petito's missing case unfolds, police have found more and more bizarre correlations between the two cases.

Gabby and Brian were spotted fighting on August 12 in front of the Moonflower Co-Op, while Kylen Schulte and Crystal Turner went missing on August 13, just a day later. Schulte used to work at Moonflower Co-op as a cashier for four years. After she and her wife were found murdered, the Moonflower community mourned their deaths on social media.

"The Moonflower family is heartbroken to share the news of the recent tragic passing of one of our dear employees, Kylen Schulte, as well as her wife, Crystal Beck. Kylen worked at Moonflower as a cashier (and amazing hat model) for the last four years and was often the first friendly face many of our owners and patrons encountered as they walked in the door. Her genuine kindness, radiant energy, and tireless work ethic touched the lives of countless people and will be deeply missed by Moonflower and the Moab community," the shop posted on their Facebook page.

Who owns the Moonflower Co-op?

Moonflower Co-Operative was started in 1999 as a non-profit organization by four Moab community members Cathy Bonde, Lisa Horzepa, Dave Steward, and d?ahna Chalmers, under the guidance of Conrad Sorensen. Launched as the Moonflower Market, it was changed into the Moonflower Community Co-operative (MCC) in August 2013. Now, it functions as a food store specializing in "local, organic produce, a wide array of herbs and wellness products, and a deli offering breakfast & lunch daily with vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options."

According to the domestic violence report on Gabby and Brian, a bystander saw "Gabrielle hitting Brian in the arm and then climbing through the driver's window as if Brian had locked her out and she was trying to find a way in."

Responding officer Daniel Scott Robbins later located the couple's 2012 Ford Transit on the way to Arches National Park and pulled them over. He then found Gabby crying uncontrollably in the passenger seat. She disclosed to the officer that her and Brian's altercation was fueled by mental health issues.

"Because of her [redacted] and [redacted], combined with little arguments she and Brian had been having that day, she was struggling with her mental health, which led to the incident that was reported to law enforcement," the report mentions, adding that Gabby was continually "crying, breathing heavily, or compose a sentence without needing to wipe away tears, wipe her nose, or rub her knees with her hands."

When the officer spoke with Laundrie, he told him that both Gabby and he struggled with the same issues and their differences had been building up in the past few days. "'That time spent created emotional strain between them and increased the number of arguments," the report said, indicating the 4-5 month duration of their cross-country trip.

"Brian said Gabrielle, thinking he was going to leave her in Moab without a ride, went to slap him," it mentions. "Both expressed a 'desire to remain together and ultimately agreed to be separated."

While no confirmed correlation between Kylen Schulte-Crystal Turner murders and Gabby Petitio's disappearance has been established, the coincides are intensifying the unsolved mystery.

I think it's just a weird coincidence, I don't see these 2 cases connected. But it is really eerie.

Yeah, it's all just super weird, but connected or not, if Brian gets charged in relation to Gabby's disappearance, I bet he says they were also attacked by Kylen & Crystal's killer, that he was owerpowered, Gabby was violently abducted & he fled all the way home in shock & was too traumatised & terrified to report what happened

Also, the full bodycam vid's up on ytube now, but it's very long & Brian + the cops are annoying so I can't be bothered sitting through the entire thing right now

Last edited by blighted star; 09-16-2021 at 05:05 PM.

It's a long video so I'll have to watch it later and add to this post, but my initial reactions are:

1. It's obvious that he's much older than she is and normally that isn't a concern, however when it comes to abusive relationships it becomes one. At least in my opinion.

2. The cop spoke to Gabbi and then walked back to the van and the first thing Brian said to the cop was, "You spoke to Gabbi? " almost as if he was worried about what she told him or wanted to know what she told him. He also repeatedly apologizes for speeding and is acting guilty of something. As if he's trying to make the cop think "see? I'm just a regular dude that doesn't do anything wrong". Red flag.

I'll watch the rest, but with every day that she doesn't contact her family and every day that he refuses to cooperate it's looking worse and worse. She doesn't strike me as someone having a mental break. She seems to be just a woman who's upset because of a fight with her boyfriend. The only issue she brings up is being OCD, but that doesn't send you in to a daze of confusion where you're roaming around and not capable of contacting your family for help. So my hopes from yesterday are dwindling. I'm thinking more and more that they went on a hike while upset from a fight and he pitched her off the edge of a cliff somewhere. It would explain why she hasn't been found yet. When speaking to the cop she said, "Some days we fight" so it wasn't an isolated incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    It's a long video so I'll have to watch it later and add to this post, but my initial reactions are:

1. It's obvious that he's much older than she is and normally that isn't a concern, however when it comes to abusive relationships it becomes one. At least in my opinion.
    He just looks old. They're actually one year different in age. I agree with him being worried about what she said.

My gut says they're not connected to the murder case, that this was a case of him being a douche and they were fighting and he killed her in the moment and just left for Florida after that...but I've been wrong before.

He just looks old. They're actually one year different in age. I agree with him being worried about what she said.

My gut says they're not connected to the murder case, that this was a case of him being a douche and they were fighting and he killed her in the moment and just left for Florida after that...but I've been wrong before.
    Ahhhh, okay. That's a hard 23 years. Balding I understand since it can happen at any age, but the wrinkles and such?

Other than that, I agree that it's not connected. It makes zero sense that she would "go missing" or he "just left her" and then not say a word about it and drive home as if nothing happened and then not cooperate at all if it was a serial killer that did it.

I don't think a serial killer actually attacked them, I think that whether they're connected to the other murders or not, at some point he's going to use them to try & create reasonable doubt

Edit

Oh wow, people are protesting at the Laundrie family home now

https://twitter.com/VCastroTV/status...541227016?s=19

(also, just to avoid confusion, any time stamps on my screenshots are usually AEST)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-16-2021 at 05:00 PM.

Yeah, so if there's no phone service then how did a text go through? I don't know how everyone else's phone works, but if there's no service I can't text/message/make calls. Nothing.

I never really thought it was her to begin with anyway, but the bullshit meter is off the charts on that excuse.

ETA: As for your theory RBW, I don't think that would be the case since she was documenting everywhere they were and what they were doing in vlogs and online. That would basically be a slam dunk in any murder case.

Thread Information