Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gabrielle Petito (22) found dead 3 weeks after going missing while on a van-life trip with her boyfriend

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Here's the link to Kylen and Crystal's thread: http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ighlight=kylen
    Thankyou! I forgot to link it.

Also, just realised that the day Brian suddenly flew home was the day after their bodies were found. Cops love saying there's no such thing as coincidence, & I thoroughly disagree with them, but fucking hell there are a lot between these cases

Between this and the murdaugh stuff I can?t keep up with all the details. I?m gonna have to wait til movies are made or something.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I haven't watched this yet, but I'm subscribed to this guy and what he does is pretty interesting. He studies body language and has done a video based on the body cam footage from Moab Utah:

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Apparently the cops are inside of Laundrie's house right now with a search warrant. I only saw this on Facebook and can't provide a source, but I trust the source. They must have found interesting enough evidence in that van to get a judge to sign off. Fingers crossed that they force this MOFO to start speaking up. Whatever happened, he knows information that he's not giving up and that's being a little shit at best and being guilty at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I haven't watched this yet, but I'm subscribed to this guy and what he does is pretty interesting. He studies body language and has done a video based on the body cam footage from Moab Utah:

Great update, I heard on the news earlier that the FBI is now involved. I'm hoping they get this ass to talk and they find evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Yeah, so if there's no phone service then how did a text go through? I don't know how everyone else's phone works, but if there's no service I can't text/message/make calls. Nothing.

I never really thought it was her to begin with anyway, but the bullshit meter is off the charts on that excuse.

ETA: As for your theory RBW, I don't think that would be the case since she was documenting everywhere they were and what they were doing in vlogs and online. That would basically be a slam dunk in any murder case.
    So he did fly home then, I read somewhere else that he drove her van all the way to Florida. In that case I was thinking if it's her van her parents should of reported it stolen when they couldn't contact her.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ntrolling.html

EXCLUSIVE: Best friend of Gabby Petito claims Brian Laundrie had jealousy and control issues and even stole her ID once to stop her from going dancing at a bar and made her delete a tracking app so her pal could always locate her

Gabby Petito's best friend Rose Davis has claimed her fianc? Brian Laundrie, 23, was a jealous and controlling partner in their relationship
    In an interview with DailyMail.com Friday, the 21-year-old recalled one occasion in which he allegedly stole Gabby's ID so she couldn't go out with Rose to a bar
    'Brian didn't want her to go out with me, so he took it,' she said. 'She was hysterical. She told me she slapped him and something about him pushing her'
    Rose, who's from Sarasota, said she met Gabby, 22, early last year on Bumble BFF and began hanging out with the couple at their home in North Port
    She said Laundrie came off as a sweet and caring guy, but was always worried Gabby was going to leave him and later tried to stop them from hanging out
    'I'm her only friend in Florida to my knowledge and that's not because she can't make friends, he just didn't want her to have friends,' she said
    The two were so close they even shared their locations with each through an iPhone app, but when Laundrie found out, he made Gabby delete it, said Rose

The fianc? of missing 'van-life' woman Gabby Petito presents himself as a sweet and caring guy, but is actually jealous and controlling, her friend has claimed in an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com.

Rose Davis said Brian Laundrie, 23, allegedly went so far as to hide Gabby's ID once so that she couldn't meet up with her at a bar, trigging a violent episode similar to the one police investigated weeks before her disappearance.

'Brian took her ID just so she wouldn't be able to come out with me,' she told DailyMail.com on Friday.

'He's got these jealousy issues and he struggles from what Gabby called these "episodes," where he would hear things and hear voices and wouldn't sleep.

'Gabby had to stay at my house a bunch of times because she just needed a breather and didn't want to go home to him.'

Laundrie, who was traveling with Gabby out west while filming their adventures for a 'van-life' YouTube channel she was creating, returned home to Florida alone on September 1.

'When I saw that Brian was back from the trip, that was the first thing that popped into my mind - that Brian had one of his episodes - and I was just hoping he didn't have a snapping moment,' Rose said.

Rose, 21, who lives in Sarasota, a half hour from Gabby and Brian's home in North Port, said she last spoke to Gabby in early August and was planning to meet her in Wyoming's Yellowstone National Park in September.

Rose had even asked her boss for days off for the trip. They were planning to lock in a specific date on August 29, Rose's birthday, but Gabby never called.

The next day, Gabby's mother Nichole Schmidt received a text from her daughter's phone with a confusing message: 'No service in Yosemite.'

Yosemite is about 800 miles from the Grand Teton National Park-Yellowstone area where Gabby was last known to be on August 25.

Gabby's mother told DailyMail.com she's certain her daughter didn't send that message, suggesting it could have come from Brian, to possibly distract from her real whereabouts.

She reported her daughter missing on September 11, and police have since identified Brian as a 'person of interest.'

Rose said she met Gabby early last year on Bumble BFF, a meeting app for friends, and they instantly hit it off.

Neither of us had any friends,' Rose recalled, laughing.

'She had texted me, saying: "You seem so cool. I really want to be your friend. Can we be friends?" And I was like, "Yes, I'd be happy to be your friend."

'We just went everywhere together,' she said.

Gabby, who worked last year at Taco Bell and then took a job at a smoothie place, would sometimes join Rose when she was working her job delivering pizza.

'We'd tell people she was my emotional service human,' Rose giggled.

Rose got to know Laundrie early on when she'd visit their home in North Port.

'I used to consider him a friend, for sure, because I'd hang out with them a good amount,' she noted.

'He had this composure as a sweet, nice, caring guy. But you could tell he's a little off, a little weird. Like, he'd set up our hammocks when we'd go to beach, but wouldn't sit with us, which I found bizarre.

'Brian has a jealousy issue,' Rose said. 'I'm her only friend in Florida to my knowledge and that's not because she can't make friends, he just didn't want her to have friends.'

Rose and Gabby were so close that they'd share their locations with each through an iPhone app 'in case we got lost,' Rose said. But when Laundrie found out, he made Gabby delete it, she said.

'I didn't push the issue because I didn't want it to cause an argument with him,' she said.

'He was always worried she was going to leave him,' she added. 'It was a constant thing to try to get us to stop hanging out.

He'd demand she be home for dinner, often cut our time short. He'd demand to pick her up from my house, even when I had a car and offered to drive.'

She said the couple wouldn't argue in front of her, but she could tell afterward. Gabby would appear upset, but he'd seem calm.

She said it was evident in the body camera footage police shared of an incident involving the two in Moab, Utah on August 12. A witness had called 911 after seeing the couple fighting.

When police pulled the couple over, Gabby appeared was breathing heavily and crying, while Laundrie seemed composed, even as he exhibited scratch marks on his face.

Gabby was seen with tears streaming down her face, telling officers she 'was trying to get him to stop telling me to calm down' and admitting the couple 'have been fighting all morning.'

She also told cops that she suffers from OCD and anxiety. Both she and Laundrie also said she had been stressed about the YouTube blog they were working on about their cross-country trip.

Rose, who knew that her friend suffers from anxiety, said 'for her anxiety to act up like that, there has to be a decent thing to trigger it. Something had to happen, or just a lot of things had to build up.'

'I'm a little upset she didn't just call me after that fight, because she would have before,' Rose added.

She said the body camera footage reminded her of the ID episode from Florida.

Last summer, Gabby was driving to a bar to go line-dancing with Rose in Sarasota when she noticed her driver's license missing from her wallet.

Gabby returned home and confronted her boyfriend, who Rose said admitted he took her license.

'Brian didn't want her to go out with me, so he took it,' she recalled. 'She was so hysterical. She told me she slapped him and said something about him pushing her.

'She was holding back. I told her you need to tell me the deep of what happened and she just wouldn't.'

Rose also tried, delicately, to get Gabby to reconsider her engagement to Laundrie.

Gabby told her mother she'd put off the engagement, but according to Rose, they were still looking to get married.

'I told her you're young and Brian is a little controlling for her, but I also told her to do what makes you happy and I'm here to support you,' she said.

Rose spoke animatedly and cheerfully about her friendship with Gabby – but began to break down as she appealed to Laundrie to talk to cops about her best friend.

She also smiled as she scrolled through videos of Rose and Gabby together on her phone. One of them is fun footage of them dancing together in a clip for TikTok.

On the outside [Brian] is very charismatic, seems very loving. There is no doubt in my mind that she loves him and from how I have always seen it he loves her.

'Of course, like any relationship there were arguments. She would come and stay at my house when there were arguments, to get away from it. Within the first year I want to say at least seven to ten times.

'I do believe that their relationship as they kept going on was getting more problematic. It just seemed like there was more and more arguments. Everything she did, I feel like he thought was wrong.

'Even as she said in the bodycam, he didn't even support her with her blog. That's not what a fianc? or boyfriend does. That in itself made me feel that it continued to get worse.'

She said it didn't appear Laundrie had any friends.

'That's why he was always in the woods camping, or at the house reading or painting,' Rose said.

Gabby, for her part, had lost touch with some acquaintances from Blue Point, New York, where she grew up and graduated high school.

Her friends from New York were bullying her when she got with Brian,' Rose said. 'It was something about Brian that they didn't like her being with. She was upset about it once. I went through it with her and was like, screw them.'

Gabby said she spoke with North Port police on Thursday and shared what she knows about the relationship.

She said she's also considered contacting Laundrie.

'I wanted to stand outside his house and to just beg him to tell me where he last saw her, but I know he won't and I can't force him to talk to me,' she cried.

'For all we know, he's scared and handling this all wrong. I just wish he would talk. Just give me three words, the name of a park. Give me something, something.'

She is holding out hope that Gabby will return home safely but fears the worst.

'I just know she's not out there on her own and just hiding, not talking to anyone,' she said. 'I know my friend.'

'My worst case scenario is that this remains unsolved,' she continued. 'It's just been so many days, and it just gets harder each day.

I pray and pray and hope that she's just trying to survive right now and pray that we find her.

'Even if it's the worst situation, I want to find her and I will. And I will do everything I can to get justice for her. Because she doesn't deserve this.'

Rose struggled to compose herself as she then made a general appeal for any information that could help solve the mystery.

Battling her emotions, she said: 'If anybody knows or receives any information, or thinks they have any information, please, please say something.

'We are relying on you to say something. I want to find my friend.'

Laundrie, who was named a person of interest in the case on Wednesday, has lawyered up and is refusing to speak to authorities about Gabby's disappearance.

His sister Cassie on Friday became the first member of the family to speak publicly since Gabby was reported missing, but offered no specifics about her brother.

'Obviously me and my family want Gabby to be found safe,' she said in an interview with ABC News.

'She's like a sister and my children love her, and all I want is for her to come home safe and found and this to be just a big misunderstanding.'

Cassie said that she has not yet spoken to her brother and that she has done all she can to assist in the case.

'I haven't been able to talk to him. I wish I could talk to him. I've cooperated every way that I can,' she added.

'I wish I had information or I would give more. This is all I have. I gave it to the police.'

She described her brother as a 'wonderful uncle' to her children and as someone who has 'always been there' when she or Gabby needed him.

Her comments were slammed by Gabby's mom Nichole, who questioned why she hasn't tried to get Laundrie to speak.

'What's that statement do? It does nothing,' she said. 'She might have been out of the loop from the beginning. Who knows what the parents kept from family members.

'But instead of saying that, if these people supposedly loved Gabby, if she's like a sister, if your kids love her so much, why aren't you begging them to talk?'

Nichole said her daughter's disappearance is taking a tremendous toll on her and her family as they struggle to find answers.

Her husband, Jim Schmidt, is now out in Wyoming, where her daughter was last seen, searching for her. She has remained home in Blue Point, Long Island.

'I'm not sleeping, I'm barely eating and I'm just in a lot of pain right now. A lot of pain,' she said. 'I'm trying not to lose hope but it's hard.'

She's also finding it hard to believe the system protects a person like Laundrie, allowing him a right to remain silent when her daughter is likely in peril.

'The fact that there's a constitution that protects him, it's making me sick because he's home safe while my daughter is probably not safe,' she said.

'The FBI and police is trying, they are doing their job,' she said. 'But I'm thinking long term. There's got to be law changes for situations like this. I will fight to end of earth not only for Gabby but for anyone else that ends up in this situation.

'If somebody is known to be the last person with a missing person, then they shouldn't have a right to not talk. They should lose that right altogether. This can't be allowed.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ked-ALONE.html

TikTok user claims she picked up missing ?van-life girl? Gabby Petito?s boyfriend Brian Laundrie as he hiked ALONE five days after she was last seen in public and one day before she sent her final text

TikToker Miranda Baker claimed Laundrie asked her and her boyfriend for a ride at Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming on August 29 at 5.30pm
    She supposedly told him to 'hop in', and he told Baker that Petito was back at their van working on the couple's social media acconts
    Baker Laundrie told her all he had was a tarp to sleep on. 'If you'd think you're going camping for days on end you'd want food and a tent,' she said
    Laundrie allegedly 'freaked out' when the couple was going to Jackson Hole so they dropped him off near where they picked him up at 6.09pm on August 29
    The TikToks came five days after Petito was last seen in public - on August 24 - when she and Launderie checked out of a Fairfield Inn hotel in Utah
    One day later Petito's mother Nicole Schmidt received a curious text from her daughter that read: 'No service in Yosemite'
    The mother refused to disclose the contents of her daughter's texts but told DailyMail.com: 'That text was NOT from Gabby I know it!'

A TikToker from Wisconsin has claimed she picked up Brian Laundrie, the person of interest in Gabby Petito's disappearance, as he was hitchhiking alone five days after his girlfriend went missing and one day before she last texted her mother.

In the video posted to the social media site Miranda Baker said she and her boyfriend were at Grand Teton National Park in Colter Bay, Wyoming, on August 29 when Laundrie approached the couple and asked them for a ride at 5.30pm.

'He approached us asking for a ride because he needed to go to Jackson and we were going to Jackson that night. So I said, ya know, "hop in" and he hopped in the back of my Jeep,' Baker explained.

She noted Laundrie, 23, was wearing 'a backpack, a long sleeve, pants and hiking boots' and said that before he got in the car he offered to pay the couple $200 to give him a 10-mile ride.

'So that was kind of weird,' she said.

Baker explained that her, her boyfriend and Laundrie 'then proceeded to make small talk' and found out he had been camping for multiple days without his fianc?e.

'He did say he had a fianc?e and that she was working on their social media page back at their van,' Baker said.

In a later video she added that Laundrie supposedly told her he and Petito, 22, were not camping on a regulated campsite through the national park. 'They were camping basically out in the middle of nowhere along Snake River,' she said.

Baker recounted the alleged story Laundrie told her and her boyfriend: 'This is key information. He said that he had hiked for days along Snake River but looking at his backpack, it wasn't full.

'And he said all he had was a tarp to sleep on. And, if you'd think you're going camping for days on end you'd want food and a tent and he had none of that.'

She added: 'He had scruff but he didn't look dirty for someone who was camping for multiple days. He didn't look dirty, he didn't smell dirty, so that part was kind of weird.'

Then, when Baker told Laundrie they were driving to Jackson Hole he supposedly 'freaked out' and asked them to pull over and said: 'Nope, I need to get out right now.'

Baker said they pulled over at the Jackson Dam in Grand Teton National Park, which she noted was not very far from where they originally picked Laundrie up.

He allegedly hurried out of the car and told the couple he would find someone else to hitchhike with.

'We dropped him off at 6.09pm on August 29,' Baker said, adding that she hopes her videos would find someone who could also help solve the case and find Petito.

She called the entire interaction with Laundrie 'a weird situation'.

In her latest video she addressed skeptics and said that the story she detailed in the previous videos posted to TikTok she also told detectives and the FBI. 'I am actively in contact with these people,' she said.

Her allegations come five days after Petito was last seen in public - on August 24 - when she and Laundrie checked out of a Fairfield Inn hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah.

On August 29 Baker only saw Laundrie. One day later Petito's mother Nicole Schmidt received a curious text from her daughter that read: 'No service in Yosemite.'

The mother refused to disclose the contents of her daughter's texts but told DailyMail.com: 'That text was NOT from Gabby I know it!'

She believes Laundrie may have sent the message from her phone possibly to mislead her family and investigators as to her whereabouts.

Laundrie returned home to Florida from the couple's road trip alone on September 1 - two days after hitchhiking with Baker and 10 days before Petito's family reported her missing.

If the couple were in fact together in Yosemite on August 30, that would mean Brian drove over 3,000 miles within two days to arrive in Florida on September 1.

Now police have officially named Brian Laundrie a 'person of interest' in their inquiry into her mystery disappearance as he refuses to cooperate, although they say there is no evidence any crime has been committed.

Cops in North Port, Florida, said: 'Brian Laundrie is a person of interest in this case. As of now, Brian has not made himself available to be interviewed by investigators or has provided any helpful details.'

Brian's family refused to let authorities speak to their son when the 2012 Ford van was seized from their property late on September 11.

Most recently, Brian Laundrie's sister broke the Laundrie family silence about the disappearance of her brother's girlfriend and said her and her family 'obviously want Gabby to be found safe'.

'All I want is for her to come home safe and sound and this to be just a big misunderstanding,' she said in an interview with ABC News.

Cassie's interview came the same day the Petito family penned an emotional letter begging the Laundries to help them find their missing daughter and suggesting that the family might be withholding information about where she is.

The heartbreaking letter was read aloud by family attorney Richard Stafford in a press conference held in Petito's hometown of Long Island on Thursday.

'We understand you are going through a difficult time and your instinct to protect your son is strong.

'We ask you to put yourselves in our shoes. We haven't been able to sleep or eat and our lives are falling apart,' the Petitos wrote.

They added: 'As a parent, how can you let us go through this pain and not help us? As a parent, how could you put Gabby's younger brothers and sisters through this?'

The letter also confirmed reports that the young couple were engaged to be married and suggested the Laundries were 'so happy' that the two were planning to spend their lives together.

During the press conference Stafford would not provide further details about Petito's suspicious final text message to her family and refused to comment on the body camera footage from the August 12 incident.

In the newly-released bodycam video, an emotional Petito is seen with tears streaming down her face telling officers the couple 'have been fighting all morning' and admitting that she slapped him.

Petito said she suffers from OCD and anxiety, with both her and Laundrie saying she was stressed because of the YouTube blog they were working on to document the doomed cross-country trip.

Laundrie was seen with scratches on his face and arm which he tells an officer were caused when Petito 'was trying to get the keys from me' and 'hit me with her phone'.

When an officer asks Petito if her boyfriend hit her, she replies 'I guess' and makes a grabbing motion on her chin. Laundrie admits he 'pushed her' during the altercation.

The cops determine Petito was 'the primary aggressor' and said they were going to separate the couple for the night.

At the press conference Stafford revealed the couple's cross country road trip included plans to visit Oregon on October 2, meaning Laundrie's premature return to his family's Florida home on September 1 would have seemed odd or unexpected.

'The family is devastated. Every day that this goes on, they get more and more desperate. They're at the point that this desperation as turned into anger,' the family lawyer added.

'They know that the Laundries know where their daughter is. And they will not tell them. That's infuriating.'

Stafford also said the Laundries had already retained legal representation by the time police came knocking on their door a week later.

Petito was last seen on August 24 leaving a hotel with Laundrie in Salt Lake City, Utah, during the couple's cross-country campervan trip which they started early July.

On August 25 she made her final call to her mom, telling her she and Laundrie had traveled to Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. She was reported missing by her family on September 11 after they hadn't heard from her in 13 days.

Meanwhile, Laundrie - who was named a person of interest in the case Wednesday - returned to the couple's home in North Port, Florida, on September 1 with the van but without Petito, police said.

Earlier this week Petito's father said the main priority must be 'to make sure we get my daughter home first' and then 'we'll start worrying about' her boyfriend, who had already been named a 'person of interest' in her disappearance.

Joe Petito told Fox & Friends First on Thursday that he doesn't 'give two craps' about Laundrie and slammed him for 'sitting home in his lazy boy chair' instead of helping in the search for his missing girlfriend.

'I don't care what happens to him right now,' he said.

There are two more I'll just leave the links in case of repeated stories

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ppearance.html

Obviously me and my family want Gabby to be found safe': Brian Laundrie's sister breaks family's silence on missing van girl after her brother is named a person of interest

Brian Laundrie's sister Cassie is the first Launderie family member to speak out after the disappearance of her brother's girlfriend Gabby Petito
    In her interview with ABC News she said: 'Obviously me and my family want Gabby to be found safe'
    She spoke out after Launderie was named a person of interest in the disappearance and Petito's family asked the Launderies for help finding Gabby
    Petito was last seen on August 24 with Laundrie in Salt Lake City, Utah, during the couple's cross-country campervan trip which they started early July

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...interview.html

EXCLUSIVE: 'If you love Gabby like a sister, why aren't you begging your brother to talk?' Mother of missing van-life woman blasts Brian Laundrie's sibling for failing to get him to cooperate with the investigation

Gabby Petito's mother Nichole Schmidt slammed Brian Laundrie's sibling for claiming she loves Gabby 'like a sister' but failing to get her brother to share information on her whereabouts
    'What's that statement do? It does nothing,' Schmidt said in an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com. 'How about beg and plead to your brother, from sister to brother, to tell us where she is?'
    Cassie Laundrie became the first member of her family to break their silence on Gabby's disappearance during an interview with ABC News that aired Friday morning
    'She's like a sister and my children love her, and all I want is for her to come home safe and found and this to be just a big misunderstanding,' Cassie said
    But to Schmidt, the comments are particularly frustrating because Cassie's brother Brian, Gabby's fianc?, has remained silent and is refusing to cooperate with the investigation
    The family has repeatedly asked the Laundries to help find their missing daughter, who was last seen on August 24 in Salt Lake City, Utah with Laundrie - now a person of interest
    Cassie claims she hasn't been able to speak to her brother and that she's 'cooperated every way that I can'
    The young couple had been on a cross-country road trip in their camper van when Laundrie suddenly returned home to Florida in the vehicle but without Gabby on September 1

Brian is now missing as well. This really isn't going to end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy1217 View Post
    Brian is now missing as well. This really isn't going to end well.
    He's going to off himself. Unless he's a narcissist. Which isn't out of the question acting like nothing was wrong and he couldn't be touched.

He hasn't been seen since TUESDAY. TUESDAY!!!! His family and attorney basically allowed him to go on the Lam. WTF. He could be ANYWHERE by now. They should all be brought up on aiding and abetting charges once they finally figure out that he killed her.

Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.

He killed that girl. Mark my words.

I think we're all there. It's been at least 3 weeks since she disappeared (I think longer). For no one to have seen her during that time, the hopes of her being alive are pretty slim. I think you have a be a realist at this point if you're the family. Why would he not help in trying to find her, and then go on the lam, unless he knows there's no point and wants to hide from the consequences!?
    He's sitting on a beach in Mexico. Investigators screwed the pooch on this one. They should have added the pressure sooner.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/location-b...ry?id=80090573

Police searching 'vast' preserve for Brian Laundrie, boyfriend of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
    Well, I guess the possibility that he went there and offed himself still exists. It's one or the other IMHO. He's either dead in the wilderness or he's in Mexico.

Man, this story is so fucked and it just keeps getting worse.

I hope Gabby is found soon, I'm so sad for her parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Why did they not have him under surveillance of some sort?!! i do hope they charge his parents, since Tuesday. Makes me sick.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-Florida.html

EXCLUSIVE: Rangers search Wyoming campsite where missing van-life girl Gabby Petito was last - while Florida cops hunt alligator-infested park for her boyfriend Brian Laundrie and say they 'fear for his safety' and he could be armed

Florida police and FBI officers hunt for the vanished boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, in the Carlton Reserves while Grand Teton National Park rangers are looking for the missing Gabby Petito in the Wyoming wilderness
    The rangers and Petito's stepfather, Jim Schmidt, said they are confident Petito is in the area as the search began Friday
    Northport Police and FBI began a search for the missing Laundrie on Saturday
    Petito's mom Nichole Schmidt reacted angrily to the news that Brian Laundrie had vanished and suggested he is on the run
    'He's not missing, he's hiding!' Peitio's mom Nichole Schmidt said 'Gaby is missing!'
    Petito was last seen on August 24 leaving a hotel with Laundrie in Salt Lake City, Utah, during the couple's cross-country campervan trip
    She made her final call to her mom the next day from Grand Teton National Park and was reported missing by her family on September 11
    Police said Laundrie returned to his home in North Port, Florida, September 1

Rangers and the FBI are actively searching an area on the east side of Grand Teton National Park for missing van-life girl Gabby Petito, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.

As a result of the search, Spread Creek campground is closed as National Park Rangers and the Teton County Sheriff search the area, and the area will remain closed to the public for the next few days.

The Spread Creek site is one of the dispersed camp grounds Petito listed as visiting on her page at thedyrt.com, where she reviewed her journey.

Petito, the 22-year-old 'van-life' girl, has been missing since the end of August 24. Her boyfriend, Brian Laundrie returned home to Florida on September 1 and has refused to cooperate with authorities.

On Saturday, he vanished and more than 50 law enforcement officers are now using bloodhounds, drones and 4x4 vehicles are searching for her boyfriend Brian Laundrie in a vast and alligator-infested swampy Florida woodland reserve, said North Port Police information chief Josh Taylor.

Laundrie often visits the Myakkahatchee Creek Environment Park, which is tied to the 25,000 acre Carlton Reserve, he said.

And that is where he told his parents he was going when he left their house, added Taylor

Officers do not know if Laundrie is armed.

Park rangers at the Grand Teton National Park, are also actively searching for Petito in the in Wyoming park.

Speaking at the entrance where Laundrie entered the park, Taylor said: 'We have five, six different agencies who are out there, 50 plus folks.

'We have had drones in the air, we have got bloodhounds, K9s, four by four vehicles. It's very wet, it's muddy. There are a few unpaved dirt roads. It's a place that people hike. There are mountain bike trails out here. The Myakkahatchee Creek runs down into the city.'

Asked if he believed there were concerns for Laundrie's safety, Taylor said: 'Sure, I think that's fair to say. There is an enormous amount of pressure I'm sure on him to provide answers on what's going on here.'

He could not confirm if Gabby's boyfriend – who has refused to talk to cops about her disappearance – owns a gun.

Pointing behind him, he added: 'They started the search in the park area, which is about 200 acres. There is a bridge which crosses over into the Carlton Reserve which is about 25,000 acres. It is believed he entered from here.

'The initial focus was on the 200 acres here, and then spreading out. The park is closed to the public.'

Asked how long it would take to search the entire 25,000 acres, he replied: 'You can imagine… a long time.'

Before it become a criminal investigation involving Laundrie 'we would need official confirmation of a crime,' he added.

Earlier on Saturday, a Grand Teton Park Ranger told DailyMail.com, 'there is a group of park rangers that is searching for Gabby Petito in the backcountry of the park.

'This is the park's elite search and rescue unit.

'I believe there may also be a search going on in a remote area of Yellowstone National Park.'

Authorities believe that Petito's last known location was in or around the Grand Teton National Park.

The park itself spans more than 310,000 acres and 485 square miles the backcountry consists of several hundred square miles on the west side of the park, it's a hike- in area only.

Petito's stepfather, Jim Schmidt, told DailyMail.com, that they are confidant she made it to the area but aren't sure where she may have ended up camping at.

'Members of search unit at the park can be air lifted to various remote areas for a search,' added the ranger. 'They don't tell us specifics they sort of do what they do.'

DailyMail.com located an account on thedyrt.com for Gabby and Brian V. that was last updated on July 14, 2021.

On the list are several dispersed campsites in the Grand Teton/Jackson area which are often free for stays up to 14 days in some place.

DailyMail.com went to several of these campsites which were in remotes areas near the park- off the grid.

Cellular phone service was spotty and the sheer remoteness of the area, one could easily disappear in without a trace.

In one dispersed campsite Dailymail.com just arrived at minutes after a grizzly was observed at the side of the road digging up an animal it had previously buried.

Grizzly bears aren't the only predators Petito would face out in the wilderness, there are red foxes, coyotes, bobcats and cougars that roam the park.

This comes as police and FBI begin searching a Florida wildlife reserve for vanished Brian Laundrie, Petito's fianc? who is a key witness to her disappearance.

North Port Police department said 'The North Point Police Department, FBI and agency partners are currently conducting a search of the vast Carlton Reserves for Brian Laundrie.

North Port police tweeted a photo of the search parties massing in the park, with at least 30 people present.

Laundrie's family says he entered the area earlier this week.

The T. Mabry Carlton Reserve covers nearly 25,000 acres and is 15 miles from the Laundrie home in North Port. It has 80 miles of equestrian, hiking and biking trails.

North Port Police communications chief Josh Taylor told Dailymail.com, 'That reserve covers a massive, swampland.

Police, FBI and the green-clad local Sarasota Sheriff's Department deputies were moving around in ATV vehicles as the search for Laundrie intensified today.

One particular area of interest with searchers is the 160-acre Myakkahatchee (correct) Creek Environment Park, which connects to the massive Carlton Reserve, and is filled with hiking trails amid the expanse of swamp and dense woodland.

One Sheriff's deputy was seen moving along a pathway into thick undergrowth carrying a machete. Officers remained tight lipped about the search when asked.

Other law enforcement were moving around the location on the perimeter of the environment park in the back of pick-up trucks

Laundrie's family did not tell authorities he was missing for three days.

Police said the Laundrie family called the FBI Friday night to talk about their son's disappearance, describing their frustration that this was the first time they had been willing to speak with investigators in detail amid the search for Petito.

Petito's mother has slammed her boyfriend Brian Laundrie saying 'he's not missing, he's hiding' after his attorney said the man now named a person of interest in her daughter's disappearance hasn't been seen since Tuesday.

Petito's mom Nichole Schmidt reacted angrily to the news that Laundrie had vanished and suggested he is on the run, following a fraught week where she has issued several public pleas asking him and his family to cooperate with investigators.

'He's not missing, he's hiding!' she told DailyMail.com. 'Gaby is missing!'

North Port Police and the FBI confirmed they are searching for Laundrie, whose family say they last saw him Tuesday wearing a hiking bag.

We understand the community's frustration, we are frustrated too,' police said Friday.

'For six days, the North Port Police Department and the FBI have been pleading with the family to contact investigators regarding Brian's Fianc? Gabby Petito.

'Friday is the first time they have spoken with investigators in detail.'

North Port Police said the department and the FBI are currently working a multiple missing person investigation.

They issued a description of Laundrie as a' white male, 5'8 160lbs, brown eyes, short brown hair, trimmed facial hair, last seen wearing a hiking bag with a waist strap.'

Rangers and the FBI are actively searching an area on the east side of Grand Teton National Park for missing van-life girl Gabby Petito, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal. As a result of the search, Spread Creek campground is closed as National Park Rangers and the Teton County Sheriff search the area, and the area will remain closed to the public for the next few days. The Spread Creek site is one of the dispersed camp grounds Petito listed as visiting on her page at thedyrt.com, where she reviewed her journey. In Florida, more than 50 law enforcement officers using bloodhounds, drones and 4x4 vehicles are searching for her boyfriend Brian Laundrie in a vast and swampy Florida woodland reserve, said North Port Police information chief Josh Taylor. Laundrie often visits the Myakkahatchee Creek Environment Park, which is tied to the 25,000 acre Carlton Reserve, he said. And that is where he told his parents he was going when he left their house, added Taylor. Officers do not know if Laundrie is armed.

FBI Denver have been tweeting on today's search for Gabby

https://twitter.com/FBIDenver/status...727391235?s=19
    Attached Images Attached Images

& another van sighting. Someone in the comments pointed out that it looks like more stickers were added to the back of the van after this vid was taken, so maybe whatever happened to Gabby hadn't happened yet. You wouldn't think stickering the van would be a priority for Brian if she was already gone

I think the 26th or 27th ?? was around the time she was msging her friend about meeting up at Yellowstone for the friend's birthday on the 29th. Gabby & Brian didn't turn up & the friend never heard from her again. I'm betting he found out about the meetup & got angry with her for wanting to see her friend, as he'd done in the past.
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-19-2021 at 03:28 AM.

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/ga...brian-laundrie

Body found where Gabby Petito search is underway in Wyoming, no confirmation of identity

Investigators on Saturday continued the national search for missing woman Gabby Petito a week after she was first reported missing. The search for her fianc? Brian Laundrie, who is a person of interest in the case, has ramped up since police officers went to his Florida home Friday expecting to speak to him and were told by his parents they hadn't heard from him since Tuesday.

They've found a body in the area they were searching in Wyoming, but no ID yet:

https://abc7ny.com/gabby-petito-bria...arch/11030913/

ETA: You beat me by a minute!

ALSO, I'm going to add that the family helped him to escape and if they don't bring them up on charges I'll be pissed:

Laundrie's family told police about where he went after becoming "concerned about his whereabouts" and wanted to file a missing person's report, according to Taylor.

He said that Laundrie's vehicle was at the reserve and was found again at the family home but when pressed as to who or how the car would have gotten back without a sign of Laundrie, the spokesperson said "we are going by their family's word."
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 09-19-2021 at 01:22 PM.

Damnit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Huh. I'm really surprised that they found her. There's a whole lot of big empty in the Grand Tetons.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information