Thread: Susan Layden (68), whose torso was found in a shopping cart on a sidewalk in Brooklyn, killed by Harvey Marcelin (83), a transgender woman convicted of killing two other women in 1963 & 1984

Susan Layden (68), whose torso was found in a shopping cart on a sidewalk in Brooklyn, killed by Harvey Marcelin (83), a transgender woman convicted of killing two other women in 1963 & 1984

83-Year-Old Convicted Killer Arrested in Connection to Torso Found in Brooklyn

https://people-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/people.com/crime/83-year-old-convicted-killer-arrested-in-connection-to-torso-found-in-brooklyn/?amp=true&amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQA rABIIACAw%3D%3D#amp_ct=1646967928781&amp_tf=From%2 0%251%24s&aoh=16469679207154&referrer=https%3A%2F% 2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com %2Fcrime%2F83-year-old-convicted-killer-arrested-in-connection-to-torso-found-in-brooklyn%2F

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/83-year-old-convicted-in-2-prior-killings-arrested-in-case-of-torso-found-on-nyc-street/3592292/

https://nypost.com/2022/03/09/serial-killer-83-eyed-in-case-of-dismembered-body-found-in-nyc/

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/elderly-convicted-killer-arrested-in-case-of-dismembered-boy-found-in-brooklyn

An 83-year-old transgender woman is now in custody for allegedly killing a woman whose dismembered body was found in Brooklyn.

Harvey Marcelin, who was previously convicted for killing two other women, was arrested in connection with the death of a 68-year-old woman, NBC New York reports. The victim had been staying at a Clinton Hill LGBTQ shelter, according to the outlet.

Brooklyn District Attorney Eric Gonzalez released a statement on Twitter Thursday, sharing, "Last week my Office charged Harvey Marcelin with allegedly concealing the severed head of a woman in her home and discarding the victim's torso in a bag on the street."

He added, "Today, the grand jury indicted Harvey Marcelin for murder, and my office is committed to vigorously seeking justice. The facts of this horrific case are gruesome and unsettling and my heart is with the victim's family and friends."

The Brooklyn District Attorney's office did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request for comment.

Last week, an onlooker discovered Susan Layden's body roughly a block away from Marcelin's home, according to the New York Post.

Surveillance footage allegedly shows Marcelin disposing of the dismembered body close to her Cypress Hills home. Upon executing a search warrant, authorities discovered "a human head" in Marcelin's home, along with electric saws from Home Depot, the publication reports.

Other ligaments have since been discovered, but her arm has not, according to the Post.

Marcelin, who identifies as a transgender woman, previously served 50 years behind bars for killing two other women, according to the Post and NBC New York.

She was first convicted for fatally shooting a girlfriend in April 1963 and spent 20 years in jail, being released in 1984, according to Fox 5 New York. Less than one year later, she killed another woman she was dating and was convicted of manslaughter. Fox reports that during a State Parole Board in 1997, Marcelin confessed she had "problems" with women.

Marcelin was reportedly released in 2019.

The fact she was out and able to kill a THIRD person is so wrong.

Didn't we have a thread about a "shopping cart killer"?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    The fact she was out and able to kill a THIRD person is so wrong.

Didn't we have a thread about a "shopping cart killer"?
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...east-4-victims

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Ah, different location.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Useful items, shopping carts.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

You would think he would chill out on his murderous tendencies in his old age, but I guess not.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Sorry to be a grammar person, but RBW, can you change the title to 'convicted'?

transgender woman convinced of killing two other women

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Sorry to be a grammar person, but RBW, can you change the title to 'convicted'?
    Done!

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Done!
    You are the best!!!

Oh my god I should be convinced of first degree eyeslaughter

Btw, saw on the local 11oclock news that she was riding around with a leg behind her in the seat of her automatic scooter, shopping in the dollar store I guess. And had an accomplice too apparently.

Here it is.

https://www-nbcnewyork-com.cdn.amppr...s%2F3595099%2F

83-Year-Old in NYC Torso Dump Seen on Video Sitting on Human Leg in Store: Cops

Harvey Marcelin has been indicted on murder and other charges in the death of 68-year-old Susan Leyden; police released jarring new video in the case on Friday

The 83-year-old accused of dumping a woman's body ? missing a head, arms and legs ? in a garbage bag on a Brooklyn street last week was seen on video sitting on top of a human leg while riding around in a motorized scooter, police said Friday.

Harvey Marcelin, who spent decades in prison for two prior convictions in the deaths of other women, was indicted Thursday on murder and other charges in the death of 68-year-old Susan Leyden. Leyden was living in an LGBTQ+ elder housing community in Fort Greene at the time of her death, police sources have said.

What is clear, police say, is that Marcelin was captured on video riding a motorized scooter -- and sitting on a human leg. A human leg was found blocks from Leyden's torso a few days later and hasn't been definitively linked to the same victim, but police sources with knowledge of the case did link the appendage to Leyden.

The NYPD shared video Friday that they say shows the motorized scooter, the leg under it. They say Marcelin is later seen on video on the scooter, talking to someone else in a store that sells clothing, among other merchandise.

The torso was found last week at the corner of Atlantic and Pennsylvania avenues, just outside a construction safety gear shop next to a carpet store, by a passerby who noticed the bag on his way to a friend's house in Greenpoint and decided to open it up when it was still there on his way home. He was the one to call 911.

A search warrant executed at Marcelin's apartment turned up a human head, according to a criminal complaint released Thursday, along with blades for a saw. Police sources say tarot cards were also found on a table inside the apartment, and investigators are looking into whether those played a role in Leyden's death.

The medical examiner will conduct an autopsy to determine how she died.

Police stress their investigation is ongoing. They said Friday they're looking back at similar missing persons cases since Marcelin's latest prison release to determine if there are any more victims. Marcelin is being represented by Legal Aid, which didn't immediately return an email request for comment Thursday.

I knew I heard something about an accomplice. She is "another unidentified woman" here... This article also gives details about how her first two victims died.

https://www-fox5ny-com.cdn.ampprojec...leg-wheelchair

Marcelin was seen on surveillance video inside a store getting up from a wheelchair and exposing a leg on the seat, Chief of Detectives James Essig said.

Marcelin and another unidentified woman went to a Home Depot in Manhattan on March 1 and purchased a reciprocating saw, trash bags, and cleaning fluid, Essig said. They are then seen returning to 50 Pennsylvania Avenue.

The next day, Marcelin is seen leaving the shopping cart at Pennsylvania Avenue and Atlantic Avenue, Essig said. About six hours later, a passerby called 911 about the cart, leading police to discover the dismembered body inside a trash bag.

Police searched Marcelin's apartment on March 4 and found a human head and other body parts as well as blood-splattered shopping bags, the NYPD said.

Then on March 7, a leg was found on Jamaica Avenue.

Marcelin spent decades behind bars for killing two ex-girlfriends. She was on lifetime parole for manslaughter, according to a New York State database.

Her record has five previous arrests, including felony assault in September 1957 and rape in March 1963.

On April 18, 1963, Marcelin shot Jacqueline Bonds with a .32-caliber revolver inside an apartment in Harlem. Bond ran into a bedroom where Marcelin shot her again. Bonds then staggered into the living room, collapsed, and died. Three bullet wounds were found in her body.

Marcelin was convicted, served 20 years in prison, and was released in May 1984.

Then in November 1985, she stabbed a girlfriend to death in Central Park, police said. After repeatedly stabbing the victim, Marcelin placed her body in a trash bag and left it on a street in Manhattan.

Marcelin was convicted of first-degree manslaughter and sentenced to a prison term of 6 to 12 years. She was released from the Cayuga Correctional Facility in August 2019.

At a State Parole Board hearing in 1997, Marcelin admitted that she had "problems" with women.

Thread Information