Thread: Bart (50) and Krista Halderson's (53) mutilated remains were found after they went missing; their son has been arrested

Bart (50) and Krista Halderson's (53) mutilated remains were found after they went missing; their son has been arrested

I'm pretty sure it's them, but I'm going to park this here until they ID the bodies.

https://www.weau.com/2021/07/09/watc...g-sons-arrest/

Human remains were located Thursday in rural Dane Co. as the search for a missing Windsor couple, whose son has also been arrested in connection with the investigation.

Bart and Krista Halderson were last seen on July 1 by a family member at the couple?s home in Dane Co., according to the Sheriff?s Office. Their son, Chandler Halderson, reported them missing Wednesday, stating they had not returned from a Fourth of July trip to their cabin in Langlade Co.

In a Friday news conference, Sheriff Kalvin Barrett indicated the remains have not been identified at that time. The Dane Co. Medical Examiner?s Office also responded to the rural property and is expected to begin an autopsy over the weekend. Investigators have obtained a search warrant for the property and continue to look for evidence at the scene.

Barrett added that the investigation remains ?very active? and he urged anyone with information on the Haldersons or their disappearance to call the Sheriff?s Office tip line at 608-284-6900, adding that tips can be made anonymously.
    https://www.channel3000.com/son-of-m...s-office-says/

Son of missing Windsor couple arrested for providing false information, sheriff?s office says

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/chandl...-remains-found

Son Arrested in Parents’ ‘Suspicious’ Disappearance as Cops Find Remains

The remains were confirmed to be the dad, mom is still missing

https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/c...40d015eff.html

Missing Windsor man's son implicated in his murder; mother remains missing

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Very sad.

https://www.nbc15.com/2021/07/30/dan...investigation/

Sheriff: Krista Halderson remains located; New homicide charge recommended

The son of a Dane Co. man recently charged with killing his father, Bart Halderson, could soon face a second first-degree homicide after remains discovered earlier this month were identified as Krista Halderson, Bart’s wife.

On Friday, the Dane Co. Sheriff’s Office confirmed Krista Halderson’s remains were located in the Town of Roxbury. As a result, its investigators have asked the District Attorney’s Office to add a second first-degree homicide charges, as well as charges of hiding and mutilating a corpse, against Chandler Halderson, who already faces the same allegations stemming from his father’s death.

https://www.channel3000.com/chandler...n-in-one-week/

Chandler Halderson murder trial set to begin in one week

The trial for Chandler Halderson, the Dane County man accused of killing and dismembering his parents earlier this year, is set to begin in one week.

Jury selection for the case is scheduled for Monday, January 3, with the trial itself expected to take as long as three weeks.

rosecutors accuse Halderson of killing Bart and Krista Halderson during 4th of July weekend and lying to police about their whereabouts after reporting them as missing. Halderson told authorities his parents left early in the morning on July 2 to head to their cabin in Langlade County, but he hadn’t heard from them for days after Krista allegedly texted Chandler saying they were going to a 4th of July parade in White Lake.

Police later discovered that no one was at the Halderson’s cabin, and there was no 4th of July parade in White Lake.

Over the next few weeks, dismembered remains later identified as Bart and Krista Halderson were found scattered across Dane County, and Chandler was charged with two counts each of first-degree intentional homicide, hiding a corpse, mutilating a corpse and lying about the whereabouts of a missing person. A not guilty plea was entered on his behalf after he stood mute in court as the charges were read.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...rents-82066894

Trial opens for Wisconsin man accused of killing parents

Opening statements were scheduled for Tuesday in the trial of a 23-year-old Wisconsin man charged with killing and dismembering his parents.

A jury was selected Monday in Dane County Circuit Court to hear the case against Chandler Halderson, who faces charges of first-degree intentional homicide and mutilating and hiding a corpse. The criminal complaint in the case has not identified a motive.

https://www.channel3000.com/chandler...rents-murders/

Chandler Halderson found guilty on all charges in parents’ murders

Chandler Halderson, the 23-year-old charged with killing and dismembering his parents Bart and Krista, has been found guilty on all charges related to their deaths.

Halderson was charged with two counts on each of the following charges: first-degree intentional homicide, mutilating a corpse, hiding a corpse and providing false information on a missing persons investigation. Halderson stood mute during his arraignment and had not guilty pleas for all counts entered on his behalf.

Jurors deliberated for roughly two hours before reaching a verdict.

Halderson now faces up to life in prison due to the first-degree intentional homicide convictions.

Thank you, I see someone deleted my post in the wrong thread! Thanks RBW or Puzz or whoever....! After I posted it, I couldn't find it (in the proper thread) so I posted again. It's official, I'm a numpty.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Thank you, I see someone deleted my post in the wrong thread! Thanks RBW or Puzz or whoever....!
    Shhhhh, you're not supposed to say anything, it was supposed to be our secret, lol.

I was trying to delete it the same time you were! But you wield greater POWAH!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I was trying to delete it the same time you were! But you wield greater POWAH!
    I was confused at first, then figured out that that it was the wrong thread and was trying to move it...then realized you had the update in the correct thread by that point. So we were crossing each other's paths all over the place, lol.

Chandler Halderson. Sounds like a trust fund baby in a Bridget Jones sequel.

I'm unclear as to whether the bodies were found at two separate locations? Presumably, he killed them together, right? Why wouldn't he bury them together? Seems riskier to carry out two transports and burials, but I'm extremely efficient and risk averse.

Im soooo confused. Nvm already covered
    Last edited by Angiebla; 01-21-2022 at 08:32 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information