Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Twins (Brayden and Bryson McDaniel, 20 mo) found dead in vehicle were there for more than nine hours

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    GA girl living in NY
    Posts
    4,052
    Rep Power
    21474853

    Twins (Brayden and Bryson McDaniel, 20 mo) found dead in vehicle were there for more than nine hours

    https://news.yahoo.com/twins-were-ca...162544324.html

    Identical twin infant boys likely died of heatstroke after being left in a vehicle for more than nine hours Wednesday, according to the Richland County Coroner's Office.

    Coroner Naida Rutherford announced the probable cause of the infants' death Thursday at a news conference. Confirmation of the cause of death is pending other examinations, she said.

    Rutherford identified the children as 20-month-old Brayden and Bryson McDaniel.

    The twins 'seem to be well taken care of by their family,' Rutherford said, who personally attended the autopsies. 'If this is an unfortunate accident, we pray that the family one day finds peace.'

    'We have two very distraught parents,' she said.

    The infants were found by one of their parents, according to Rutherford.

    The infants were likely placed in the SUV at 7:30 a.m, Rutherford said. They were in rear facing car seats. The parent likely forgot to drop the children off at day care and went to work, according to Rutherford's description of the timeline.

    The parent went to the Sunshine House Early Learning Academy at 10336 Wilson Blvd in Blythewood at about 5:30 p.m. It was then that the children were found to have been in the vehicle all day. The children were enrolled in the day care, according to Rutherford. With the evidence investigators have now, staff at the daycare was not involved.

    On Wednesday, the Richland County Sheriff's Department said it responded to a report of two unresponsive infants at the day care. Paramedics pronounced the infants dead on the scene. Deputies are investigating the deaths.

    'If this was indeed a criminal act, we pray for justice,' Rutherford said.

    Examines and X-rays on the children showed no signs of abuse, according to Rutherford. Testing is being done to confirm or rule out the children dying from poison or drugs.

    With the temperature on Sept. 1, inside the vehicle could have easily been as high as 120 degrees, according to the organization Kids and Car Safety.

    The high temperature recorded Wednesday at Columbia Metropolitan Airport was 83 degrees, and that was at 5:56 p.m., according to Weather Underground.

    'Hot car deaths continue to take place because nobody believes this could happen to them,' Janette Fennell, president of Kids and Car Safety, said. 'The unfortunate reality is that this has happened to even the most loving, responsible, and attentive parents.'

  2. #2
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    21,358
    Rep Power
    21474866
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...out&li=BBnb7Kz

    Twin Boys Left in an SUV for 9 Hours Died of Heatstroke, Coroner Says

    The two infants found dead inside a vehicle parked at a South Carolina daycare facility have been identified -- and the coroner says they died of heatstroke.

  3. #3
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    19,612
    Rep Power
    21474864
    In other cases I've questioned if it was an accident or not. With this one it's obvious that it was an accident.

    With that being said, I will never understand how a mistake like this could happen. There are tips and tricks in place that are supposed to help parents not forget their kids in the car. If they aren't using any of these simple little steps to avoid this, I can only come to the conclusion that they weren't willing to do the bare minimum to avoid it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  4. #4
    Senior Member nclexusgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    945
    Rep Power
    21474849
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    In other cases I've questioned if it was an accident or not. With this one it's obvious that it was an accident.

    With that being said, I will never understand how a mistake like this could happen. There are tips and tricks in place that are supposed to help parents not forget their kids in the car. If they aren't using any of these simple little steps to avoid this, I can only come to the conclusion that they weren't willing to do the bare minimum to avoid it.
    Curious why you say this is an obvious accident? Being honest, my first thought was 2 almost two year olds - no way they didn't know at least one of them was in there. I guess they both could have been asleep though.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

  5. #5
    Senior Member blighted star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Probably South Of You
    Posts
    11,677
    Rep Power
    21474856
    There's a pretty good explanation for parents not using the simple steps to avoid this - they believe all the stories demonising the parents in previous cases & think that it can't possibly happen to them because every other case involved shitty parents or deliberate acts of murder

  6. #6
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    19,612
    Rep Power
    21474864
    Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    Curious why you say this is an obvious accident? Being honest, my first thought was 2 almost two year olds - no way they didn't know at least one of them was in there. I guess they both could have been asleep though.
    I think the fact that they went to the school ready to pick them up and didn't have a clue warrants it. In other cases, people have tried to make an alibi while looking at "Just turned 18 porn" and having affairs and being all around scummy then acting like they didn't know the kid was in the car.

    In this case, they probably literally thought they had dropped them off and didn't realize they hadn't. There's no reports of trouble in the marriage or trying to cover for themselves. Just them being devastated at it. I still blame them somewhat for not doing the bare minimum of leaving a stuffed animal on the passenger seat to know though. That shit takes nothing to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    There's a pretty good explanation for parents not using the simple steps to avoid this - they believe all the stories demonising the parents in previous cases & think that it can't possibly happen to them because every other case involved shitty parents or deliberate acts of murder
    What I said above. If you're juggling twins (or even one toddler) along with your work life and other crap, not doing the bare minimum because you think it won't happen to you is negligent. It's not like you have to paint the Sistene Chapel. It's a teddy bear on the passenger seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  7. #7
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    21,358
    Rep Power
    21474866
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...t-car-80147746

    Sheriff: No charges after twin boys die from heat in car

    A sheriff said no charges will be filed against a South Carolina father whose 20-month-old boys died from heat after he forgot to drop them off at daycare and left them in his vehicle because he was under intense pressure at work.

    Watching investigators interview the father was one of the most heartbreaking things Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said he has seen in his 46 years in law enforcement.

    “He didn’t mean to do it. God, he didn’t mean to do it. He’s got to live with that the rest of his life," Lott said at a Tuesday news conference.

  8. #8
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    19,612
    Rep Power
    21474864
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...t-car-80147746

    Sheriff: No charges after twin boys die from heat in car
    Yeah, my gut feeling on this one was that he was devastated over this. Imagine having to live with the fact that you killed your twin babies over such a stupid mistake. This is the kind of thing that drives people to suicide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  9. #9
    Prison Mike Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    12,730
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Yeah, my gut feeling on this one was that he was devastated over this. Imagine having to live with the fact that you killed your twin babies over such a stupid mistake. This is the kind of thing that drives people to suicide.
    I also felt like this was an accident. So sad all around.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •