Thread: Bizarre incident in which a homeowner, shot an alleged intruder -- only to later learn the "intruder" was in a relationship with the homeowner's wife

Bizarre incident in which a homeowner, shot an alleged intruder -- only to later learn the "intruder" was in a relationship with the homeowner's wife

Police in Alabama are sorting through a "bizarre" incident in which a homeowner, alerted by his wife, shot an alleged intruder -- only to later learn the "intruder" was in a relationship with the homeowner's wife and had been secretly living in his house.

"I've still yet to figure out how somebody can be staying in your house and you not know it," Mobile County Sheriff's Capt. Paul Burch told TV station FOX 10 News.

"It's somewhat bizarre," he said.

The armed "intruder," Michael Amacker, was shot in the leg and elbow Sunday night at the home in Creola. But Amacker also fired at the homeowner, Frank Reeves, striking him in the chest.

Both men survived their injuries.

Online jail records show that Amacker is being held on charges of attempted murder, possession of a firearm with an altered ID and possession/receiving of a controlled substance.

Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Sign up for PEOPLE's free True Crime newsletter for breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases.

At the time of the incident, authorities say that both Amacker and the homeowner's wife, Tracy Reeves, were high on methamphetamines, reports FOX 10. A possible murder-for-hire plot is under investigation, as a potential explanation for why Tracy Reeves told her husband that Amacker was an intruder whom she did not know.

"Another thing with meth," Burch said, according to WKRG, "people that are on meth, not only do they have paranoia, they can't keep their mouth shut. So if there was some kind of diabolical plan, it is very possible Amacker has told some other people."

A neighbor who did not want to be identified told FOX 10 of the Reeves couple: "I just know that they've had some problems in the past."

She added: "Frank is a very calm person. He's very nice. He cuts his grass and does things around the house. There's nothing ever going on over there much, but he is a very good person."

"I hate that it happened to Frank, because he's just not the type of person to be a troublemaker, and I hope he's okay," she said.

Burch said it was Tracy Reeves who alerted her husband to the alleged intruder.

"He got up and armed himself," he told FOX 10. "A shootout ensued; he noticed the suspect was armed as well. They began shooting at one another."

"Mrs. Reeves called her daughter, who lived across the street, or in close proximity. Her and her husband came over and then held Amacker at gunpoint, who was trying to flee the scene, until deputies arrived.

"As we began digging further into the investigation, it was determined that Amacker actually had a relationship with Mrs. Reeves for some period of time," said Burch. "That relationship involved methamphetamine, as well as a relationship. He had actually been staying in one of the rooms within the house for a period of time. She was supplying him with food."

Bottles of urine found in the room where Amacker was staying "indicated he had been in there for a little while," Burch told WKRG.

"It was just a very odd scene," he said, according to FOX 10.

"He was basically staying at the house in a bedroom without the knowledge of Mr. Reeves," he told the station. "It's unclear exactly how long he'd been there, but he was there at least overnight for some period of time."

An attorney for Amacker was not identified in online Mobile County jail records, which did not indicate whether he'd yet entered a plea to the charges against him. No bond was listed.
    https://people.com/crime/wife-alerts...man-was-lover/
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Savage. This woman is a beast. You secretly move your side piece in the house, and then have your husband shoot an intruder... She's a beast.

I swear there was a similar story years ago, that I saw on the ID channel. This girl was having an affair, wanted to get rid of her husband so had her lover "break in" to shoot and killer her husband. Husband got to the "intruder" first.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I want to know how the husband didn't know there was a stranger in the house? How many rooms were in this house? Was the guy hiding in Tracy's crafting room?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I'm with Nic. I've seen one of these true crime stories where the woman had a guy living in one of their closets and she had him kill (or attempt...can't remember) the husband.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I'm with Nic. I've seen one of these true crime stories where the woman had a guy living in one of their closets and she had him kill (or attempt...can't remember) the husband.
    Yes! That was another one I remember.

The one I mentioned I believe the wife was having an affair with a woman, and the woman was going to shoot the husband. When she broke in, the husband shot her first thinking he was just stopping an intruder. Dude was VERY lucky that night. I believe the woman survived and ended up spilling the beans. Ugh, wish I could remember any of the names so I could look it up. I may have seen it on Snapped.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

RBW, the one you are talking about is Martha Freeman: A look at how Martha Freeman's husband was bludgeoned to death after he discovered his wife's lover secretly living in a closet in his house.

it was also an episode of Snapped. Looking for the one I am thinking of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    RBW, the one you are talking about is Martha Freeman: A look at how Martha Freeman's husband was bludgeoned to death after he discovered his wife's lover secretly living in a closet in his house.

it was also an episode of Snapped. Looking for the one I am thinking of now.
    Yes, that's it! Thank you!

This is why im glad I dont live in a mansion. If someone was living my house I would def know.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information