Thread: Bob Dylan sued for allegedly sexually abusing 12-year-old girl in 1965

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Bob Dylan sued for allegedly sexually abusing 12-year-old girl in 1965

Legendary singer and songwriter Bob Dylan plied a 12-year-old girl with drugs and alcohol before sexually abusing her at his Chelsea Hotel apartment in 1965, an explosive new lawsuit alleges.

The ?Blowin? in the Wind? musician allegedly used his star status to groom, gain the trust of and control the victim ?as part of his plan to sexually molest and abuse? her, according to the Manhattan Supreme Court papers, which only identify the plaintiff as ?J.C.?

?Bob Dylan, over a six-week period between April and May of 1965 befriended and established an emotional connection with the plaintiff,? say the papers, which were filed late Friday on behalf of J.C., now a 68-year-old woman in Greenwich, Conn.
    The suit alleges that Dylan ? whose given name is Robert Allen Zimmerman ? established the ?connection? to ?lower [J.C.?s] inhibitions with the object of sexually abusing her, which he did, coupled with the provision of drugs, alcohol and threats of physical violence, leaving her emotionally scarred and psychologically damaged to this day.?

J.C. says the emotional effects of the alleged abuse have been long-lasting and that she has had to seek medical treatment for them, according to the filing.

The fallout she suffered ? including depression, humiliation and anxiety ? ?are of a permanent and lasting natures and have incapacitated plaintiff from attending her regular activities,? the suit claims.

J.C. brought allegations of assault, battery, false imprisonment and infliction of emotional distress against Dylan. She is seeking unspecified damages and a jury trial.
    Dylan?s spokesman told The Post on Monday, ?This 56-year-old claim is untrue and will be vigorously defended.?

J.C.?s lawyer, Daniel Isaacs, said, ?The complaint speaks for itself.?

?She provided a lot of detailed information regarding the time in question that leaves no doubt that she was with him in the apartment during the time in question,? Isaacs said, noting that he was able to verify those details with the ?best available research.?
    https://pagesix.com/2021/08/16/bob-d...r-old-in-1965/

She may be able to sue him, but isn't there a statute of limitations?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

It looks like she's out of luck if she's suing for damages.
    https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...art-29941.html

But, she might have some luck with a criminal prosecution... if she can convince any LE to take the case.
    https://www.lawinfo.com/resources/cr....html#new-york
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    It looks like she's out of luck if she's suing for damages.
    https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...art-29941.html

But, she might have some luck with a criminal prosecution... if she can convince any LE to take the case.
    https://www.lawinfo.com/resources/cr....html#new-york
    Oh okay, I thought it was the other way around. Damn Law & Order SVU steered me wrong!

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Oh okay, I thought it was the other way around. Damn Law & Order SVU steered me wrong!
    Lots of places have changed the SofL for sex-related offenses, especially those against minors. Lengthening or eliminating it all together.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Sorry friends, forgot to add this from the original article cited above:

The suit was filed late Friday, on the eve of the closure of the New York Child Victims’ Act look-back window. The window allowed victims of childhood abuse to file suit against their attackers and the institutions that protected them regardless of how old the claims were and whether they had since passed beyond the statute of limitations.

Thanks guys!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Thanks guys!
    Many of these statute of limitations were lifted because of how many kids were abused by the Catholic Church. Honestly, v there should have never been a SoL in the first place. Especially when it comes to children. Many either bury it deep in their psyche or are too afraid to come forward until they're adults and realize what happened to them.

I can absolutely believe Dylan doing this and not just him. The 60s were basically a Pedophile dream come true. The mentality, drugs etc left many children open to this kind of abuse and being a famous musician would make that even easier.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Many of these statute of limitations were lifted because of how many kids were abused by the Catholic Church. Honestly, v there should have never been a SoL in the first place. Especially when it comes to children. Many either bury it deep in their psyche or are too afraid to come forward until they're adults and realize what happened to them. .
    Right. The Diocese in New York filed bankruptcy earlier this year in response to the statute being temporarily lifted.

Inside rock star sex predator allegations: From Elvis to David Bowie to Bob Dylan

Elvis Presley

Throughout his career, the King from Memphis, Tennessee, tried to hide his interest in underage girls as much as his drug use and wacky food choices. One of his first girlfriends was a minor called Dixie Locke, who was seven years his junior at 15. Then, in 1959, when he was 24, he ditched his more age-appropriate love, Hollywood starlet Anita Wood, to date his future wife Priscilla Beaulieu, then 14. The pair began to co-habit two years later but Priscilla claims they didn’t have sex before their marriage six years later in 1967.
    Jerry Lee Lewis

One of the most shocking scandals involving cradle-snatching rock stars was the marriage of the “Great Balls of Fire” singer to Myra Gale Brown, the daughter of his cousin and bass player, J.W. Brown. Myra’s dad was unlikely to have been thrilled at the time, in 1957, since the bride was only 13, some nine years younger than the groom.

The union was discovered almost by accident after a curious British reporter asked Myra who she was during Lewis’ first-ever tour when she was part of his entourage. She replied: “I’m Jerry Lee’s wife.”
    David Bowie

Lori Maddox has repeatedly claimed that she lost her virginity to the late megastar at the age of 14. The Ziggy Stardust singer was 22 at the time in the early ’70s. Maddox — then known as Mattix — was involved with the so-called “Baby Groupies” of Los Angeles and met him at one of the nightclubs they frequented.

According to the now-62-year-old, Bowie pursued her but she initially rejected him. However, despite her young age, she maintains they had sex a few months later when she ended up in his hotel room. This led to an alleged threesome with another underage girl, Sable Starr.
    Jimmy Page

In 1972, when he was 28, the Led Zeppelin guitarist had sex with Lori Maddox, then 14, the same teen who allegedly lost her virginity to Bowie, per a 2015 NPR article.

According to an article earlier this year in the Phoenix New Times, Maddox claims Page had band manager Richard Cole “kidnap” her and later present her to him like a gift. She said they were at a glitzy restaurant when Page told her he was “going to be with me.” When she said no, Cole bundled her out of the venue and told her to “get in the bloody car and, if you move, I’ll have your head.”

According to Maddox, she was driven to a hotel where she was pulled into one of the rooms where Page was waiting. “I told you I’m gonna have you,” she claims he told her. The musician’s alleged controlling nature continued and Maddox later said that Page would often keep her locked in a room with a security guard watching her. “I wasn’t really allowed to go to very many places with him,” she said.
    Bill Wyman

Rolling Stones bassist Wyman caused a furor in the UK in the early 1980s when he first met 13-year-old Mandy Smith in a London nightclub. The ensuing relationship, approved by Smith’s parents, was played out on the front pages of the nation’s newspapers.

There was a 34-year age gap between the rocker, then a divorced father of one, and Smith, whom the tabloids dubbed “the original wild child.” Smith claimed she had sex with Wyman when she was 14 and the pair married in June 1989 when she was 18. They separated after two years and divorced two years later.
    https://nypost.com/2021/08/17/famous...abusing-teens/

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Inside rock star sex predator allegations: From Elvis to David Bowie to Bob Dylan

https://nypost.com/2021/08/17/famous...abusing-teens/
    Yep. And that's not all, I'm sure. That's just the ones we know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Yep. And that's not all, I'm sure. That's just the ones we know about.
    Exactly.

I never got the appeal for Bob Dylan. His voice is annoying as fuck.

There are a lot of rock stars who could be considered pedos. Steven Tyler and Jimmie Page both had what they referred to as "baby groupies".

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    I never got the appeal for Bob Dylan. His voice is annoying as fuck.

There are a lot of rock stars who could be considered pedos. Steven Tyler and Jimmie Page both had what they referred to as "baby groupies".
    I never liked Dylan either. I'm thinking it was more the music and lyrics that was the allure with him, especially during the war and him being all about ending it. His son, on the other hand.... Hottie and has an amazing voice.

ETA: DAMN!!!! With every passing generation it's becomes a better and better version. *drooling*

https://www.thecut.com/2016/08/levi-...-grandson.html
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 08-20-2021 at 07:41 PM.

Thread Information