Thread: 12 injured in trolley crash in St. Augustine, firefighters say

12 injured in trolley crash in St. Augustine, firefighters say

I thought about doing the trolley tour with this company today, I'm glad we didn't.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2021/07/17/12-injured-in-trolley-crash-in-st-augustine-firefighters-say/
    12 injured in trolley crash in St. Augustine, firefighters say
    GM of trolley company: ?We?re going to figure out what happened so this never happens again?
    Brie Isom, Reporter
    Francine Frazier, Senior web producer

Published: July 17, 2021 12:59 pm
    Updated: July 17, 2021 6:27 pm

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. ? A dozen people were hurt Saturday when a trolley overturned in St. Augustine, according to firefighters.

The St. Augustine Fire Department posted on Facebook, saying 12 people were taken to hospitals, but the condition of those transported was not known.

St. Augustine Fire said its crews responded along with several units from St. Johns County Fire Rescue after the accident on St. Francis Street.

News4Jax was told by a source that at least one person was flown to Orange Park Medical Center.

St. Augustine police are investigating the cause of the accident.

A spokesperson said the car -- operated by Old Town Trolley Tours -- toppled onto its side while making a turn. No other vehicles or pedestrians were involved in the crash.

The general manager for the trolley company said they are grateful none of the reported injuries are life-threatening.

?Our prayers are certainly with our guest?s families,? GM Dave Chatterton said in an interview by phone. ?We?ve been operating for 30 years here in this city and have one of the safest reputations in the country This is what we do.?

Chatterton said their will be an internal investigation into what caused the crash.

?We?re going to figure out what happened so this never happens again,? he said.

Copyright 2021 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.

I rode them around when we were there. We didn't fall over though. That might have made the tour a little more exciting. I wonder if they'll include that in furutre tours. "If you look to the left you'll see the scrape marks where the last trolley fell over. Otherwise, here's a microbrewery that has no historical significance whatsoever but they pay us to stop here."

Quote Originally Posted by DevilzAdvocate View Post
    I rode them around when we were there. We didn't fall over though. That might have made the tour a little more exciting. I wonder if they'll include that in furutre tours. "If you look to the left you'll see the scrape marks where the last trolley fell over. Otherwise, here's a microbrewery that has no historical significance whatsoever but they pay us to stop here."
    I've always thought it would be interesting to go on the hop on hop off tour.
    I've been on very few vehicular tours. I did a carriage tour in Charleston and a Ghost tour by trolley in Savannah. My city has a few trolley tours, but I've never been on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    News4Jax was told by a source that at least one person was flown to Orange Park Medical Center.
    Good news is they were not critically injured or they would have been sent to UF Health, which is the level I trauma center in the region.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Good news is they were not critically injured or they would have been sent to UF Health, which is the level I trauma center in the region.
    On the way home, we passed a long line of cars. About ten miles of stopped traffic going southbound. A guy driving a semi northbound had a heart attack and swerved into the southbound lanes. Killed 1 and injured 17.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    On the way home, we passed a long line of cars. About ten miles of stopped traffic going southbound. A guy driving a semi northbound had a heart attack and swerved into the southbound lanes. Killed 1 and injured 17.
    Wow. Scary stuff, but happy you all are safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Wow. Scary stuff, but happy you all are safe.
    Thanks! There were so many close calls that day.

Thread Information