Thread: Preteens allegedly kidnap baby, demand ransom

Preteens allegedly kidnap baby, demand ransom

ENID, Oklahoma (AP) -- Detectives arrested a 12-year-old girl and her 10-year-old sister for allegedly abducting their neighbor's 1-year-old son and demanding $200,000 for his return.

Brandon Wells was back at home Thursday night, hours after intruders broke into his family's residence and took him while his mother, Sheila Wells, slept, police said.

"I've been doing this 18 1/2 years, and this is the first time I know of when a 10- and a 12-year-old kidnapped a 1-year-old," said police Capt. Dean Grassino. "It definitely ranks up there with the unusual crimes."

The siblings, who were not identified because of their ages, are accused of sneaking into Wells' home at about 5:30 a.m., taking Brandon and leaving a ransom note.

"If you want to see your son again then you won't call police and report him missing and you will leave $200,000 on the sofa tonight and we will return your son back safe," the note read, according to police.
    The note was signed, "the kidnappers."

The plan began to unravel when the girls' mother saw them with the child, police said. They told their mother they had found the boy on the corner, police said.  Watch how two preteens snatched the sleeping toddler ยป

As the girls' mother tried to find Sheila Wells' telephone number, the 12-year-old returned to Wells' residence and told her it was the younger sister who was responsible for the abduction, Grassino said.

Wells immediately retrieved her child from the girls' home and police were called, Grassino said.

Wells said she knew the girls and had banned the 10-year-old girl from her home a few weeks ago, but did not say why.

The girls appeared in Garfield County District Court on Thursday afternoon and were taken to Community Intervention Center for juveniles. They have not been formally charged.

"I know they're so young, but they need to learn from their mistakes," Wells said.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/06/young.kidnappers.ap/index.html

I'm happy little Brandon is okay but.......that note

Leave the money the sofa......."The Kidnappers"   

Re: Preteens allegedly kidnap baby, demand ransom

Their stepdad is a freak... hahahahahahaha... Those kids are fucking stupid, like those people have $200,000...

i love the black dude in the video

[quote author=IvannaTrailer link=topic=8602.msg449808#msg449808 date=1183783708]
    Their stepdad is a freak... hahahahahahaha... Those kids are fucking stupid, like those people have $200,000...
    [/quote]

yeah the step dad, what did he say...

"it was a freak accident"  and  "it just happened"

wtf?

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=8602.msg449819#msg449819 date=1183783866]
    i love the black dude in the video
    [/quote]

"they could go to Disneyland"
    hahahahahahhahaha I would so beat my kids if they kidnapped the neighbor's baby.

My mother was born in Enid...

Now featuring creatures. Creature Feature's Avatar

Sounds like someone has been watching too many movies... 200,000? On the sofa? Must not have been good movies either 

Shouldn't these girls be playing with barbies, make-up, and .....oh wait, that was when I was that age back in the 80's....what I meant was, shouldn't they be drinking, doing drugs and having sex instead of kidnapping? sheesh, retarded kids these days....get a hobby.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits "--

The step-father doesn't seem too bothered that his two step-daughters have been arrested for kidnapping!  "Kids will be kids" - I can't say as a child I ever thought about kidnapping someones child for money.

They wanted the money leaving on the sofa???  Bizarre!

Leave the rasom on the sofa!!!  :lol:

The second girl then added "yeah... and some cookies and milk... in a dirty glass". Dumb farkin bitches.
    MDS LIFER

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Found a pic of the suspects.

Bad ass. Lock up your sons.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Thread Information