Thread: Jeff LaBar, Guitarist for Cinderella, Dead at at 58

Jeff LaBar, Guitarist for Cinderella, Dead at at 58

https://www.facebook.com/jefflabar

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...9XKnEqMsu5lCYr

Jeff LaBar, guitarist for the hard rock band Cinderella, which rose to multi-platinum status in the late 1980s, has died at age 58. No cause of death has been given.

Cinderella had not recorded an album since 1994 but had continued to tour until a few years ago, at which point they irretrievably broke up, according to band members.

On his Twitter account, LaBar made it clear that he was getting a new start when he described his current status as a ?culinary school student studying to become a chef.? He frequently posted photos of his culinary concoctions on his Instagram account.

The musician?s son first shared news of the death on Instagram Wednesday. ?So i just got the call? Jeff LaBar, my father, my hero, my idol, passed away today. I?m currently at a loss for words. I love you pop! ? If you could, please share pictures or video of all the fun times we all had with my dad. It would be greatly appreciated.?

TMZ reported that LaBar?s first wife, Gaile LaBar-Bernhardt, told the outlet she had found the musician dead Wednesday inside his apartment in Nashville after no one had been able to reach him for several days.

?Heavy hearts cannot begin to describe the feeling of losing our brother Jeff,? former Cinderella band members Tom Keifer, Eric Brittingham and Fred Coury said in a joint statement. ?The bond between us over decades of creating music and touring the world is something that we as a band uniquely shared. Those memories with Jeff will be forever alive in our hearts. It?s unimaginable that one of our band brothers has left us. We?re sending his wife Debinique, his son Sebastian, family, and friends our deepest condolences. Jeff?s memory and music will be with us forever. We all ? band, family and management ? appreciate the overwhelming outpouring of love.?
    Last edited by Nomad; 07-15-2021 at 09:56 AM.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Well, I'm nobody's fool, and I liked Cinderella.

It kinda sucks that our 80s hair band heroes are leaving us, and doing so far too early.

Rpck on in Paradise, Jeff.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Well, I'm nobody's fool, and I liked Cinderella.

It kinda sucks that our 80s hair band heroes are leaving us, and doing so far too early.

Rpck on in Paradise, Jeff.
    I'm a big Cinderella fan. I'm a fan of all of that music. hard rock/metal is my thing. Losing these guys is tough because I'm not ready to lose my rock heroes yet! I still need 'em.

I just spent a ton of money on concert tix, because I want to get to see these bands before they're not around anymore. With this music, it's more than just being a fan - it's a lifestyle. Anytime I go to one of these concerts, it's like visiting family. Everyone bonds so hard over this music, so it's tough when we lose one.

One of my favorite Cinderella tunes:

Last edited by Nomad; 07-15-2021 at 11:33 AM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    It's so sad, but I'm thinking drugs or alcohol. I could be wrong, but the band broke up for a reason. I'm not sure if that was part of the reason, but it's not like it would be out of the question. Very sad. To go from being on top of the world and playing huge arenas to playing bars again. The music business just eats you up and spits you out. It's a hard pill to swallow when it's connected to a true talent and passion that makes up a huge part of your soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    It's so sad, but I'm thinking drugs or alcohol. I could be wrong, but the band broke up for a reason. I'm not sure if that was part of the reason, but it's not like it would be out of the question. Very sad. To go from being on top of the world and playing huge arenas to playing bars again. The music business just eats you up and spits you out. It's a hard pill to swallow when it's connected to a true talent and passion that makes up a huge part of your soul.
    I'm going to guess that alcohol was a factor. It's been said that he was a pretty big drinker.

Took the blame for the Cinderella breakup:
    https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ci...ar-dead-at-58/

Back in 2016, LaBar accepted blame for CINDERELLA's prolonged period of inactivity, explaining that his "drinking problem" caused a rift between him and his bandmates. He told "Another FN Podcast With Izzy Presley": "I can only speculate, but I believe it's all my fault. It's no secret that I've had a drinking problem. And it showed its ugly face on one of those [cruises that CINDERELLA played]. I guess that's what caused a rift… When I fell out on one of those cruise ships in front of everybody — like, basically O.D.'d — that's when the band, and mostly Tom, took notice and was, like, 'What the fuck?'"

Asked if he was sober at the time of the interview, LaBar said: "No, I'm not. Which is the problem. Which is probably the problem. Like I said, I can only speculate, because I don't talk to the other guys anymore. I talk to Fred every now and then. Eric [Brittingham, bass] lives 20 minutes from me. We haven't talked lately, but Eric and I have been the most consistent of all my bandmates throughout the past 32 years. It's just Tom and I that don't talk anymore. And I can only speculate that he's very disappointed and doesn't wanna see me die. He doesn't wanna witness me dying."

LaBar went on to say that the touring lifestyle "fed [his] appetite for partying… all the way back to the '80s." He explained: "I have a history. It's not just these past issues. I have a history of drinking and cocaine… In the '80s, it was cocaine abuse. In the '90s, it was heroin. I went through every clich? phase that a rock star could go through. It just wasn't highly publicized. I was arrested, I went through rehab, I did all the things M?TLEY CR?E did. I just didn't publicize it. I was M?TLEY CR?E and GUNS N' ROSES all wrapped into one. As a band, we tried to hide our dirty laundry, and most of our dirty laundry was me. We didn't try to hide it; we just didn't publicize it. We just didn't tell people. 'Oh, yeah, Jeff's in rehab. Jeff's in jail. Jeff's in… whatever.' We just didn't publicize it. We actually kept it to ourselves. It was our family. It was our family business, and that's how we treated it."
    Last edited by Nomad; 07-16-2021 at 06:03 PM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I'm going to guess that alcohol was a factor. It's been said that he was a pretty big drinker.

Took the blame for the Cinderella breakup:
    https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ci...ar-dead-at-58/
    That's sad. Yeah, all signs point to it. Very sad.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information