Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bart (50) and Krista Halderson's (53) mutilated remains were found after they went missing; their son has been arrested

Bart (50) and Krista Halderson's (53) mutilated remains were found after they went missing; their son has been arrested

I'm pretty sure it's them, but I'm going to park this here until they ID the bodies.

https://www.weau.com/2021/07/09/watc...g-sons-arrest/

Human remains were located Thursday in rural Dane Co. as the search for a missing Windsor couple, whose son has also been arrested in connection with the investigation.
    https://www.channel3000.com/son-of-m...s-office-says/

Son of missing Windsor couple arrested for providing false information, sheriff?s office says
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-26-2022 at 07:19 AM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Very sad.

https://www.channel3000.com/chandler...rents-murders/

Chandler Halderson found guilty on all charges in parents’ murders
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-26-2022 at 07:22 AM.

Thank you, I see someone deleted my post in the wrong thread! Thanks RBW or Puzz or whoever....! After I posted it, I couldn't find it (in the proper thread) so I posted again. It's official, I'm a numpty.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Thank you, I see someone deleted my post in the wrong thread! Thanks RBW or Puzz or whoever....!
    Shhhhh, you're not supposed to say anything, it was supposed to be our secret, lol.

I was trying to delete it the same time you were! But you wield greater POWAH!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Chandler Halderson. Sounds like a trust fund baby in a Bridget Jones sequel.

I'm unclear as to whether the bodies were found at two separate locations? Presumably, he killed them together, right? Why wouldn't he bury them together? Seems riskier to carry out two transports and burials, but I'm extremely efficient and risk averse.

Im soooo confused. Nvm already covered
    Last edited by Angiebla; 01-21-2022 at 07:32 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/...ison-for-life/

A Wisconsin judge has sentenced a young man convicted of murdering both of his parents to life in prison without any opportunity for extended supervision.

A jury convicted Chandler Halderson, who just turned 24 a few days before the Thursday sentencing hearing, on two counts of first-degree intentional homicide, two counts of providing false information regarding a kidnapped or missing person, two counts of mutilating a corpse, and two counts of hiding a corpse. That?s one count on each charge for each victim.

?I have to, for this sentencing, ensure that the only time Mr. Halderson comes back into the community is to have the privilege of the burial he denied his parents,? Judge John D. Hyland said while passing the sentence.

At trial, prosecutors said Halderson lied to his parents about working for a local insurance company and with a local rescue dive team while he was really living at home and playing video games during the day. He even told his girlfriend he secured a job with Elon Musk?s SpaceX, but authorities alleged that he tried to cover for that lie by lying about sustaining a head injury ? which he said necessitated the cancellation of a planned move to Florida.

When his lies caught up with him, a jury agreed with prosecutors that Halderson shot his father, Bart Halderson, 50, in the back; he then killed his mother Krista Halderson, 53, when she returned home. The June 2021 killings involved an alleged cover story: Halderson claimed his parents took off for a lake retreat in Wisconsin?s north woods around the Fourth of July and never returned. That, prosecutor said, was a lie; the jury convicted the defendant as charged.

During a Thursday sentencing hearing, prosecutor Andrea Raymond said the case presented her office with ?not your average? pre-sentence investigation.

?Chandler grew up with a life of privilege by pretty much any sort of angle you look at it,? Raymond said. His parents were happily married and supportive of him, she noted. ?There?s absolutely no evidence of abuse whatsoever. Chandler grew up with no housing insecurities; he never had to wonder where his next meal was coming from; and he was never exposed to any violence . . . or, really, any guns.?

?Perhaps his mother babied him a little too much and was a little too doting,? Raymond continued. ?It is out of this life of privilege ? this childhood, that was nearly ideal ? that he committed these crimes. It?s also worth noting that these crimes were committed against these two individuals that provided this childhood for him; the two people that took care of him.?

?Chandler never mourned his parents,? the prosecutor added. She said the other homicide cases she?s prosecuted generally contained a measure of remorse ? even by a convicted killer.

Rather, when a relative told Halderson they were sad after attending a memorial service, the defendant told the relative to go watch Halloween ? ?a slasher movie,? Raymond noted.

Given the close familial nature of the killing, victim impact letters invariably vacillated between support for the possibility of parole for the defendant and hope that defendant would never be afforded to live outside prison walls (or potentially victimize other relatives in the future).

Raymond said relatives would spend their lives questioning whether they missed red flags or could have done anything to save the victims from their untimely fates.

William Leroy Brown, another prosecutor, said Halderson ?seemed to be a pretty normal kid with a pretty normal life who did a pretty abnormal thing as he turned 23.?

?Someone in Mr. Halderson?s shoes, with his mindset, can never be safe in this community,? Brown continued. ?His willingness to solve the minor inconveniences of life with brutal violence can never be mitigated in our community. As long as he breathes, he will be a risk.?

Defense attorney Crystal A. Vera attempted to stress to the judge that Halderson was redeemable and deserved a chance at parole. She said sentencing was a ?delicate combination of punishment and rehabilitation ? redemption, if you will.?

Halderson spoke briefly at sentencing.

He was stoic and spoke in an almost robotic, monotone voice.

?Your honor, I want to take this opportunity to state my intent to appeal my convictions,? Halderson said. ?If there are any lawyers listening, and willing to take on my appeal, take a moment to please reach out to me. It?s not that I do not have feelings. It?s that I was warned not to show them due to the scrutiny of this case. Thank you.?

Judge Hyland said the need to protect the public was more important than the ?reconstruction? of the Halderson family. He encouraged individual family members to decide for themselves whether it was appropriate to reconnect with the defendant behind prison walls.

Hyland also said he ?tried not to think about? precisely how the defendant committed the killings.

?I don?t wish to engage in that speculation at sentencing,? the judge said, but he noted that the jury convicted the defendant of killing his parents, mutilating the bodies, lied to the police, and ?robbed those people of dignity.?

The judge appeared to struggle to hold back his own emotions when pondering the viciousness of the crime.

?My condolences go to every member of their family,? he said.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Were they going to cut him off or something? Because his mom being too "doting" makes me think he would want her to be alive...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

He is a complete loser who thought playing video games was more important than life.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Were they going to cut him off or something? Because his mom being too "doting" makes me think he would want her to be alive...
    I think this is probably what happened. I'm also curious to know if they had life insurance policies. He probably thought that if they were gone that he'd be and to collect, inherit the house and just order Door Dash and play video games all day for the rest of his life.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I think this is probably what happened. I'm also curious to know if they had life insurance policies. He probably thought that if they were gone that he'd be and to collect, inherit the house and just order Door Dash and play video games all day for the rest of his life.
    This was exactly my line of thought.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

You all may think I'm a weirdo for what I'm about to say, but I think Chandler's a cutie. Too bad his butthole will be stretched by Bubba.

This case reminds me of that guy, Bart, that killed his mom and brother, because they found out, he didn't graduate college, and he was spending the parents' money on a cam girl.
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

You all may think I'm a weirdo for what I'm about to say, but I think Chandler's a cutie. Too bad his butthole will be stretched by Bubba.

This case reminds me of that guy, Bart, that killed his mom and brother, because they found out, he didn't graduate college, and he was spending the parents' money on a cam girl.
    I remember that guy! They kept bailing him out and he spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on that chick just watching her all while having no job. They even sent him to rehab. What a dick.

I can’t get past the mole on his Adam’s apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I can’t get past the mole on his Adam’s apple.

I think he looks like a wimp and I could kick his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I think he looks like a wimp and I could kick his ass.
    Yeah, I concur. This makes me have serious doubts about you CC!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Yeah, I concur. This makes me have serious doubts about you CC!
    What can I say?! My former self liked geeky guys that were tall and skinny.

I watched the whole Chandler Halderson trial and man! what an overreaction on Chandler's part. I'm sure his parents would've been angry about all the lies, but I'm sure they would've forgiven him and tried to help him with a job.
    Heck! I just worked a job where all I did was hand out drinks through a hedge wall and made $350 (I hope that wasn't a typo, I haven't been paid yet so we'll see). There are many jobs that are easy and unfortunately, Chandler will never have a good future, because he thought killing would solve his problems.
    Oh and in response to an earlier comment, the Halderson boys would've split a million dollars between them when their parents died.

Chandler's Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/chaz.halderson

If you search Chaz Halderson on Facebook, there are pictures of his younger self.

https://www.channel3000.com/chandler...waupun-prison/

Chandler Halderson moved to Dodge Correctional Institution to begin life sentence
    Posted: March 25, 2022 9:21 PM
    Updated: March 26, 2022 9:45 AM by Jaymes Langrehr

MADISON, Wis. ? Online records show Chandler Halderson has been moved from the Dane County Jail to Dodge Correctional Institution as he begins to serve his life sentence for killing and dismembering his parents, Bart and Krista.

Records from the Wisconsin Department of Corrections indicate Halderson was moved to the prison in Waupun on Friday, a little more than one week after he was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Halderson filed a notice of his intent to pursue post-conviction relief last Friday, a day after Dane County Judge John Hyland handed down the sentence.

?If there are any lawyers listening and willing to take on my appeal, take a moment to please reach out to me. It?s not that I do not have feelings. It?s that I was warned to not show them due to the scrutiny of this case,? Halderson said while speaking briefly during his sentencing hearing last week.

He was found guilty of all eight charges filed against him ? two counts each of first-degree intentional homicide, hiding a corpse, dismembering a corpse, and providing false information on a missing person ? in late January after a trial that lasted several weeks.
    Last edited by curiouscat; 03-27-2022 at 05:37 PM.

CC-are you going to send money to put on his books and go visit him?

No. He's cute, but I'm not a cougar.
    Last edited by curiouscat; 03-27-2022 at 08:05 PM.

She will be in the next season of Love After Lockup

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information