Thread: Jessica Teel (15) was killed when she was thrown from a golf cart

Jessica Teel (15) was killed when she was thrown from a golf cart

15-year-old girl dies after being thrown from golf cart in Galveston crash
    Tuesday, June 29, 2021 10:33AM

GALVESTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Family and friends are mourning the loss of a 15-year-old girl after she was thrown from a golf cart in Galveston Sunday.

Galveston police said the teenager was visiting from North Texas.

Officers responded to a single vehicle major accident at the intersection of Spotted Sandpiper Drive and King Rail Circle on the West End of the island around 10 p.m. Sunday.

Witnesses told police a 16-year-old was driving the golf cart westbound on Spotted Sandpiper Drive when she made a sharp turn onto King Rail Circle. The 15-year-old passenger was ejected from the golf cart during the sharp turn, police said.

Upon arrival, officers found the 15-year-old girl lying unconscious with injuries on the roadway.

Galveston EMS transported the teen to UTMB Health Galveston, where she was later pronounced deceased.

The 16-year-old driver was not injured, according to police.

Investigators determined that both girls were not wearing seat belts at the time of the crash.

Police do not believe foul play or intoxication are contributing factors in the accident.

No charges have been filed.

Article: https://abc13.com/15-year-old-girl-k...ston/10843541/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jess.teel.96

Memorial Page: https://www.resthavenfuneral.com/obi...JBJ4Y0To0BkqUo

This is a sad one. Jessica seemed like a nice girl with a nice family who loved her, only to be killed because a golf cart made a turn too sharply. Galveston only JUST announced recently that seatbelts are to be required in golf carts, so many have not been equipped with them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaHag42 View Post
    This is a sad one. Jessica seemed like a nice girl with a nice family who loved her, only to be killed because a golf cart made a turn too sharply. Galveston only JUST announced recently that seatbelts are to be required in golf carts, so many have not been equipped with them yet.
    I disagree. The golf cart didn't cause Jessica's death. The idiot driving the golf cart caused Jessica's death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I disagree. The golf cart didn't cause Jessica's death. The idiot driving the golf cart caused Jessica's death.

I have never seen a golf cart with seat belts.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Yep. The golf cart didn't make that sharp turn on its own.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Golf carts, like ATV's make me nervous. People drive them drunk, too fast, and recklessly.

Ive seen people thrown off golf carts (most were sitting on the back) and my husband turned sharply on an ATV and it flipped over on him. Hes lucky to be alive. That was his stupid fault though, this poor girl died as a result of someone else's dumb mistake.

RIP Jessica

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    Golf carts are actually super dangerous.

There is a kid that is local to me that I follow on Facebook who has a TBI from visiting a friends house when he was like 10 or 11 and the friend's family had a golf cart, which isn't that uncommon in some areas around me, and the boys went driving on it and the same thing happened. He can no longer walk or speak, and has had so many surgeries, attends so much physical therapy, etc. The accident was at least 5 years ago.

We owned one in Florida and I cringe at the stupid shit we used to do with ours, because nobody considers them dangerous.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    Golf carts are actually super dangerous.

There is a kid that is local to me that I follow on Facebook who has a TBI from visiting a friends house when he was like 10 or 11 and the friend's family had a golf cart, which isn't that uncommon in some areas around me, and the boys went driving on it and the same thing happened. He can no longer walk or speak, and has had so many surgeries, attends so much physical therapy, etc. The accident was at least 5 years ago.

We owned one in Florida and I cringe at the stupid shit we used to do with ours, because nobody considers them dangerous.
    How old was the driver?
    People act like golf carts are a toy until someone gets injured or dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    My ex-husband was driving drunk on a golf cart (on a golf course), crashed, was thrown out and hit his head on the concrete walkway. He was airlifted to a trauma facility and died the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    My ex-husband was driving drunk on a golf cart (on a golf course), crashed, was thrown out and hit his head on the concrete walkway. He was airlifted to a trauma facility and died the next day.
    OMG I'm so sorry

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information