Thread: Grieving family says defective casket caused patriarch's body to fall out during funeral

Grieving family says defective casket caused patriarch's body to fall out during funeral

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...cti-story.html

A devastated daughter says the unthinkable happened during her dad's funeral last August ' the casket she purchased for the beloved patriarch failed, causing his body to 'drop out' during the solemn service.

In a new lawsuit filed in Los Angeles this week, Tania Morales says 'the bottom of the casket' used for her dad Santos Orlando Morales' Aug. 21 funeral 'gave out during the proceedings.'

Reached by the Daily News on Wednesday, she called the incident 'very traumatizing.'

According to the new negligence and product liability complaint, defendants Sunset Funeral and Cremation Services and Universal Casket MFR Corp., both based in Los Angeles County, had a duty to handle Santos Orlando Morales' body in a 'respectful manner.'

'Defendants knew that the decedent's family wanted a casket that was not defective and would not cause the decedent's body to fall out the bottom of said casket,' the 13-page lawsuit states.

Sunset Funeral and Cremation Services did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The News.

Ariel Suarez, owner of Universal Casket, said all caskets come with maximum weights they can hold, and it's important such guidelines are followed, but he was adamant he knew nothing about the Morales case.

'I don't remember selling them a casket. I never heard anything about this,' he told The News by phone.

The new lawsuit asks for real and punitive damages to be decided at trial.

Defendants 'negligently mishandled and desecrated' Santos Orlando Morales' remains when they 'sold decedent's family a defective casket that caused decedent's body to fall out of the casket during the funeral proceedings, exposing decedent to the funeral attendees,' the complaint filed Tuesday in Los Angeles County Superior Court said.

The incident caused Tania Morales 'extreme mental anguish' and 'severe emotional distress requiring constant psychological care,' it said.

Defendants knew that the decedent's family wanted a casket that was not defective and would not cause the decedent's body to fall out the bottom of said casket
    Sorry but that made me

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What kind of ghetto cheap ass casket would not hold a damn body?

I would shit myself if I witnessed that shit in person.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I would've started laughing uncontrollably if suddenly *BOOM* out pops a dead body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I would've started laughing uncontrollably if suddenly *BOOM* out pops a dead body.
    I'm with you. My initial reaction would be shock followed shortly with laughing because of the situation being so ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I probably wouldnt shit myself, I would probably faint. I dont do well with surprises like that.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information