Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Son (Paul Murdaugh, 22) of prominent legal family found murdered with mom (Maggie Murdaugh, 52)

Son (Paul Murdaugh, 22) of prominent legal family found murdered with mom (Maggie Murdaugh, 52)

https://nypost.com/2021/06/12/son-of...murder-target/

The son of a prominent South Carolina attorney found murdered on his family's property may have been the intended target of the shooting, which also left his mother dead, according to a local report.

Investigators are probing the possibility that 22-year-old Paul Murdaugh ' who was facing trial in connection with the death of a teenage girl ' may have been the one marked in the attack, The Island Packet reported.

The University of South Carolina student and his mom, Maggie Murdaugh, 52, were found shot to death Monday on their sprawling estate in the center of the state.

Paul had been facing three felony counts of boating under the influence in connection with a 2019 boat crash that killed 19-year-old Mallory Beach.

Investigators have theorized that the killer or killers were gunning for him, and his mother was killed by happenstance, according to the Island Packet.

It remains unclear if the shootings were related to the 2019 tragedy, the report said. No arrests have been made.

Sources told the newspaper that Paul was shot at least twice with a shotgun, while Maggie was killed with what appears to be an assault rifle.

The family is connected to one of South Carolina's most prestigious law firms.

Alex Murdaugh, the husband and father of the victims, works at Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick, which was founded by Randolph Murdaugh in 1910.

Randolph Murdaugh III, 81, died just three days after the family tragedy, the law firm said.

The late lawyer and his father and grandfather were all longtime elected prosecutors in the Beaufort community.

The Beach family, which reportedly remains entangled in a civil suit against the Murdaugh family after the criminal case ended with Paul's death, issued a statement of solidarity.

'Having suffered the devastating loss of their own daughter, the family prays that the Murdaughs can find some level of peace from this tragic loss. They would like the family and the community to know that their thoughts and continued prayers are with the Murdaughs,' the family said in a statement to WTOC 11.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Their last name is "Murder"

Someone wouldn't have been able to get justice because his family would have been able to get him off. So they found another way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    The article Trouble posted above is interesting. I need to delve into this more when I have time.

Law Enforcement Sources: Alex Murdaugh ‘Person Of Interest’ In South Carolina Double Homicide Investigation

Sources familiar with the investigation of a brutal double homicide in rural Colleton county, South Carolina say that a family member of the victims is a “person of interest” in their ongoing inquiries. However, they stopped short of calling this person a suspect in the case.

R. Alexander “Alex” Murdaugh – who discovered the bodies of his wife Maggie Murdaugh and son Paul Murdaugh on Monday evening (June 7, 2021) at around 10:00 p.m. EDT – has nonetheless become a central focus of the probe into their deaths, law enforcement sources confirmed to me early Wednesday.

Police declined to discuss any details related to their interest in Murdaugh, noting that the investigation is in its early stages.

“Facts are fluid,” one source told me, adding that things could become considerably clearer “within the next forty-eight hours.”

As of this writing, no one has been apprehended or charged in connection with this crime. Also, police have not provided any information to the public as to possible suspects. However, local and state law enforcement agencies have gone on the record in the aftermath of the savage slayings saying there is “no danger to the public.”

Many have interpreted this declaration as an indication investigators know (or believe they know) who committed these shocking murders … which sparked a flood of speculation on Tuesday that had many South Carolinians comparing the saga to a John Grisham novel.

The S.C. State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) – which is leading the inquiry – declined to discuss the status of the investigation or its reported interest in Alex Murdaugh.

“No additional information is available while we are conducting an active investigation,” SLED spokesman Tommy Crosby told me on Wednesday morning.

A critical item to mention? Alex Murdaugh has reportedly provided investigators with an “ironclad” alibi for his whereabouts at the time of the shootings – which police believe took place sometime between 8:50 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. EDT on Monday evening. Also, his status as a “person of interest” is not all that surprising given that he is the one who discovered the bodies – and given his status as husband and father of the two victims.

Still, sources familiar with the inquiry told me late Tuesday that there are “credible concerns” related to the timeline of the shootings. They are also probing what one source described as “possible manipulation of the crime scene” – although, again, they declined to provide any details regarding that facet of the inquiry.

One cryptic detail was provided …

“In our current age, technology makes it very difficult for people to hide their movements,” a law enforcement source familiar with the inquiry told me.

Maggie Murdaugh, 52, and her son Paul Murdaugh, 22, were found dead by Alex Murdaugh on Monday night at the family’s 1,700-acre hunting lodge near Islandton, S.C., an unincorporated community located just north of Varnville, South Carolina.

According to multiple law enforcement sources familiar with the crime scene, Paul Murdaugh and Maggie Murdaugh were both killed “execution-style” by a yet-to-be-identified assailant(s) using “multiple firearms.” Police believe the killings were “clearly premeditated,” but have declined to discuss any details related to the victims and their wounds, the weapons and ammunition used in the commission of the crime or the timeline/ narrative of the slayings.
    https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/06/09/...investigation/

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I didn't see that one coming ...

Family says Paul Murdaugh received death threats after fatal boating crash

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...zfa-story.html

In the aftermath of a boozy boating crash in 2019, Paul Murdaugh, who was arrested and charged in connection with the fatal incident, started getting death threats from strangers online. On June 7, both he and his mother were shot and killed on their sprawling 1,770-acre property in North Carolina.

At the time of his death, Paul was awaiting trial on one count of boating under the influence (BUI) causing death and two counts of causing great bodily injury in connection with the February 2019 accident that killed 19-year-old Mallory Beach.

Paul’s uncle, John Marvin Murdaugh, told ABC News in an interview on “Good Morning America” that while Paul began receiving threats after the crash, no one believed them to be serious.

“I didn’t think it was a credible threat,” he said. “If it was, I would have tried to do something or notify someone.”

Randolph “Randy” Murdaugh, another uncle, in the same interview added that he did not know anyone who would wish to hurt the family members.

“You hear all this talk on social media with regard to Paul but I don’t know of anybody who would truly be an enemy or truly want to harm them,” he said.

“It’s just hard to imagine somebody can be so sick as to do this, intentionally kill people like that,” Randy said. “I mean, we see it in the world. We see it on the news. But you don’t think it’s going to happen in your small community, to your family.”

Alex Murdaugh, a prominent South Carolina attorney, discovered the bodies of his wife, Margaret Murdaugh, and his 20-year-old son earlier this month near the outdoor dog kennels on the property, the Island Packet reported. More than a week later and the circumstances surrounding the double shooting remain murky.

Police have not yet made any arrests, nor have they named any suspects or persons of interest at this time.

“We need help finding who did this,” Randy said. “The person that did this is out there.”

Anyone with information about the case should call the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division tip line at 803-896-2605.

South Carolina lawyer shot three months after wife, son gunned down

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...own/ar-AAO6zSY

South Carolina lawyer Alex Murdaugh was injured in a roadside shooting Saturday, nearly 12 weeks after his wife and son were fatally gunned down, authorities said.

Tommy Crosby, spokesman for South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, confirmed that Murdaugh had been shot in Hampton County.

"SLED agents are actively investigating the incident," he said by email.

The Island Packet first reported the shooting.

Murdaugh had pulled his vehicle over with a flat tire when a pickup truck passed by, turned around, and approached him, said family friend and lawyer Jim Griffin. Then someone inside opened fire.

Griffin said he spoke with Alex's brother, Randy, a South Carolina lawyer who works for the family affiliated firm Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick. He said Randy told him that Alex was able to make a phone call and continued to use his phone from his hospital bed in Charleston.

The shooting comes after the bodies of Paul, 22, and his mother, Margaret, 52, were found on June 7 near dog kennels on family property in Colleton County. They had been shot to death.

State investigators classified the case, which remains unsolved, as a double homicide.

For more than 100 years, the Murdaugh family has practiced law in South Carolina, including serving as top prosecutors for a cluster of counties in an area known as the Lowcountry.

Griffin said the latest shooting was "very disturbing."

"It makes you wonder what the hell is going on," he said.

Somebody has a vendetta out for this family.

South Carolina lawyer Alex Murdaugh ‘conscious and talking’ after being shot, three months after wife and son were killed

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...lmm-story.html

The patriarch of a South Carolina family embroiled in scandal was shot in the head Saturday when he was pulled over on the side of the road, but is “conscious and talking.”

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Somebody has a vendetta out for this family.
    That was my first thought. My second thought was that he has a "very supportive family". His brothers were on TV after the murders saying it wasn't him. I'm wondering if this was a "planned" event. How often does someone open fire and shoots a person in the head and they can use their phone the entire time?

Murdaugh boat crash: Charges officially dropped against Paul Murdaugh

https://www.blufftontoday.com/story/...ul/5538233001/

Two months after his death, charges have been officially dismissed against Paul Murdaugh in connection with a fatal 2019 boat crash in Beaufort County.

South Carolina lawyer Alex Murdaugh was ‘pushed out’ of law firm over ‘misappropriated’ money, days before shooting: report

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...5jm-story.html

Two days after he was shot in the head, Alex Murdaugh announced that he was resigning from his law firm and entering rehab. His law firm paints a different picture, one of a forced resignation and missing funds.

Murdaugh, 53, was “pushed out” of Peters Murdaugh Parker Eltzroth and Detrick Friday after his bosses confronted him about “misappropriated” money, the New York Times reported late Monday.

The firm reportedly hired a forensic accounting company to investigate the missing money, although it’s unclear what first alerted them to the problem.

The missing funds totaled “millions,” a source told the Times.

The law firm has reported the findings to both the South Carolina Bar and the local police.

A spokesperson for the firm did not immediately return a request for comment from the Daily News.

On Monday, Murdaugh announced his resignation with few details and a statement that only raised more questions.

“The murders of my wife and son have caused an incredibly difficult time in my life,” he said.

“I have made a lot of decisions that I truly regret. I’m resigning from my law firm and entering rehab after a long battle that has been exacerbated by these murders. I am immensely sorry to everyone I’ve hurt including my family, friends and colleagues. I ask for prayers as I rehabilitate myself and my relationships.”

His attorney, Jim Griffin, later clarified to The State that Murdaugh was entering “a drug treatment center to care for his substance abuse.” Griffin did not return multiple emails from The News.

The twist is just the latest in a messy saga for the prominent South Carolina family, which began unraveling when Maggie, 52, and Paul, 22, were shot to death near the dog kennels on their property in June.

No arrests have been made or suspects identified, but the murders have dredged up two previous scandals, the first a 2019 boating accident during which Paul crashed into a bridge, sending 19-year-old Mallory Beach overboard and killing her, and the second, a 2015 fatal hit-and-run that left 19-year-old Stephen Smith dead.

Paul and his brother, Buster, were interviewed as persons of interest in Smith’s death, but the investigation never progressed.

Charges against Paul for the boat crash were dropped after his death.

On Saturday, Alex Murdaugh was pulled off on the side of a rural road to fix a tire when a pickup truck drove past him, turned around and someone inside shot him, according to police.. He suffered a “superficial” wound to his head.

No suspects have been identified in this shooting either.

Dad is looking very shady at this point.

So he was stealing money to support his drug habit? Maybe he had a debt he couldn't pay off and his wife and son were killed.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    So he was stealing money to support his drug habit? Maybe he had a debt he couldn't pay off and his wife and son were killed.
    Winner winner Taco dinner. That's what I think happened too.

Assisted suicide? Hm...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

So wait...he paid someone to shoot him/kill him and make it look like a random act of violence? Guess the last remaining son isn't suss after all. Seems like dad was trying to make sure he had some hefty insurance money to live off. Maybe he's the only one NOT involved in shady shit.

I listened to a good two part video on this case.

The Father did it. He had to have done it. And I don't think that he was paying someone to help him suicide at all. I think he knew he would dodge the bullet and then make it look like someone was trying to kill the whole family because of the boating incident. He killed his wife and son for the insurance money and wanted to frame it as if someone else murdered them because of the boating thing. Having someone make an attempt on him would only help that theory.

This dude is insane.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/14/us/al...ested-florida/

Alex Murdaugh taken into custody in Florida

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/14/us/al...ested-florida/

Alex Murdaugh taken into custody in Florida
    More details.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alex-mu...erfield-death/
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

He murdered them all for the money. This guy is garbage.

What an evil trainwreck. And posing as a normal person. This is scary stuff.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I'm happy that they're allowing it, but what are they going to be able to find after years? I could see for a tox if they suspected poisoning, but usually when it comes to trauma they need skin. A fall down the stairs can look the same as blunt force trauma with dealing with decomposed people. I could be wrong though. It's worth checking in to if the family allows it. I just don't know how much they'll have to work with.

He is a horrible, evil man. All his lies are coming to the surface.

Thread Information