Thread: 3 year old New Jersey boy died after falling 15 ft from a window and then being mauled by the family's two pit bulls

3 year old New Jersey boy died after falling 15 ft from a window and then being mauled by the family's two pit bulls

https://abcnews.go.com/US/toddler-fa...ry?id=78238482

A 3-year-old boy has died after falling out of a window at his family home and was then attacked and mauled to death by the family?s two pit bulls when he landed in the backyard.

The incident occurred at approximately 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 10, in Elizabeth, New Jersey -- about six miles south of Newark -- when police say the boy somehow managed to fall out of a window, landed in the backyard of the family home and was subsequently and savagely attacked by the family?s two dogs, according to ABC News? New York City station WABC.

Neighbors say that the mother immediately reacted and went to rescue her son but that it was a horrendous scene as she tried to pull the dogs off of the little boy.

?I saw the mother, she was full of blood in her hands, her shirt,? neighbor Maria Rocha told WABC in an interview after the attack. ?And I was like, ?what happened?? so I came here because it was full of police and she told me ?my baby, my baby, I went to the bathroom and my baby fell out the window.??

The little boy was rushed to Trinitas Regional Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead shortly after 6:30 p.m., according to WABC.

Acting Union County Prosecutor Lyndsay Ruotolo, Elizabeth Police Chief Giacomo Sacca, and Police Director Earl Graves said the circumstances are under investigation no charges have been filed at this point.

Witnesses interviewed by WABC said that the dogs were quite aggressive and that the yard that the boy fell into was full of dog feces, motorcycles, power tools and debris.

?Whenever I would pass by the dogs would always bark,? another neighbor, Angela Perez, told WABC. ?You could tell they were aggressive.?

Animal control responded to the scene after the ordeal, secured the dogs and transported them to another location.

Neighbors say they are in shock over the tragic death of the 3-year-old boy.

?I went to the uncle and he said the dogs got to his neck and then I pushed the baby out of the [way of] the dogs and still the dogs were [holding] his legs,? Rocha described to WABC. ?They killed the boy right then and there.?

"I didn't sleep all night," Rocha continued. "My heart is broken. I didn't sleep all night. "I cannot believe this happened to a little 3-year-old. He's a baby. Could be mine, could be somebody else. He's a baby, and killed by dogs?"
    MORE: Hunter fatally shot after being mistaken for a deer by another hunter

Authorities are still investigating the incident and are urging anybody with any information pertaining to this case to contact Prosecutor's Office Detective Richard Acosta at 908-347-0404 or Detective Michael Tambini at 908-472-4301.

Said Rocha to WABC: "I just hope that he didn't suffer, you know what I mean. I hope he didn't suffer, that it was quick."

Poor kid. There are those who claim I'm too ready to blame the parents when a tragedy strikes, but damn. Lock them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Poor kid. There are those who claim I'm too ready to blame the parents when a tragedy strikes, but damn. Lock them up.
    I agree. If we're taking what witnesses said about the conditions that the dogs were kept under and likely the household as a whole, then the parents are 100% responsible for what happened. The poor kid didn't have a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

https://www.nj.com/union/2021/06/cit...cial-says.html

City to euthanize dogs that attacked 3-year-old who fell from window and died, official says

This article names the mom, but not her son

https://meaww.com/nasha-soto-mother-...lls-rememvered

Who is Nasha Soto? Mom whose son, 3, killed by pit bulls calls it 'worst thing'

Damn what an awful way to go poor baby

They have never named the little boy but this is the mom's fb: https://www.facebook.com/nasha.soto.77

The little boy is pictured on her FB.

Parents need to go to jail for keeping aggressive dogs! It's kind of funny that she watched kids and cleaned. She sucked at both!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    They have never named the little boy but this is the mom's fb: https://www.facebook.com/nasha.soto.77

The little boy is pictured on her FB.
    Not sure why everyone is upset with the parents, maybe I missed something.

His name was Elijah. This FB post from 24 October breaks my heart:

YOU WILL FOREVER BE IN OUR HEARTS NEVER EVER WILL I FORGET YOU MOMMY LOVES & MISS YOU SOO MUCH SIP MY SWEET BABY BOY MY PUMPKIN MY BOSS BABY THERES NEVER A DAY I DONT THINK ABOUT YOU YOUR LAUGH,YOUR SCREAMS,YOUR JUMPING,THE WAY YOU LOOK AT ME AND TAKE MY HAND JUST TO GET SOMETHING FROM THE FRIDGE,THE WAY YOU USED TO WAKE UP AND JUST GO BARGE INTO THE ROOM AND LAY WITH ME OR THE WAY I USED TO HOLD YOU AND ROCK YOU BACK & FORTH SO YOU COULD CALM DOWN OR SLEEP,WHEN YOU USED TO DRIVE ME CRAZY WITH THE BEE MOVIE,SHREK OR MADAGASCAR ESPECIALLY BOSS BABY BUT I LOVE EVERY MOMENT WITH YOU THANK YOU FOR BEING THE BEST SON I COULD EVER ASK FOR AND MAKING ME THE BEST MOTHER I CAN BE I LOVE YOU ELIJAH THERES SO MUCH TO SAY TO YU BUT RIGHT NOW IMA LEAVE IT HERE 💙 👼
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Not sure why everyone is upset with the parents, maybe I missed something.

His name was Elijah. This FB post from 24 October breaks my heart:
    Because the conditions were deolorable according to witnesses and it's obvious that they didn't watch him too closely if he fell 15 feet from an open window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

Thread Information