Thread: Virginia dad dumps 80,000 pennies as final child support payment. Daughter reacts with class

Virginia dad dumps 80,000 pennies as final child support payment. Daughter reacts with class

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...=chartbeat-flt

A Virginia dad lost all parenting sense and made his final child support payment for his teen daughter by dumping 80,000 pennies on her mother's lawn.

The mom and daughter responded by counting their blessings and paying the money forward to a Richmond shelter serving survivors of domestic abuse, the shelter's executive director confirmed to the Daily News.

Video of the incident, shared by Safe Harbor Shelter with the mom's permission, shows the dad making the delivery on May 21, just days before his daughter Avery Sanford was due to graduate from Deep Run High School, the director said.

'I just turned 18. When I was in the middle of class, my dad came by. He had rented a trailer,' Avery told WTVR earlier this week.

'He pulled up in front of the house and turned the trailer on so it dumped out all the pennies on the grass and my mom came out and was like, 'What are you dumping in my yard''' Avery said. 'She didn't know who it was until he shouted, 'It's your final child support payment.''

The teen called the stunt 'upsetting,' but said she was determined to turn 'this situation into a positive' by donating the money to 'moms and children in need.'

They counted up the pennies and donated the $800 to Safe Harbor.

'For something so demeaning and nasty to be turned around like this, to me it shows all the good in the world,' the shelter's executive director, Cathy Easter, told The News.

She said the story has reached around the globe over the last two days and led to an outpouring of support.

'Donations are pouring in. We heard from Canada, someone in England. It's amazing. Just so many nice comments about Avery. It's just been so uplifting and incredible,' Easter said.

Reached by phone on Tuesday, Avery's dad reportedly told WTVR he let his emotions get the best of him after years of frustration with the custody case.

He reportedly said he never intended to hurt his daughter.

I had started to post this in the 'feel good' stories, but was torn because of what the dad did to his daughter. But good for her and the mom for rising above his pettiness and for turning a bad situation into something positive to help others!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I had started to post this in the 'feel good' stories, but was torn because of what the dad did to his daughter. But good for her and the mom for rising above his pettiness and for turning a bad situation into something positive to help others!
    It's amazing what they did to counteract what the Dad did, but what he did was EXTREMELY damaging to his daughter. The guy is a complete dick. He said he did it out of "frustration" over custody battles over the years?

Think about the thought, time and effort it took just to purposefully do this to them. If he had applied that same mentality towards being a good parent, then he probably would have had less of a problem with custody issues. The mentality he showed here tells me that they made the right decision restricting him from custody.

What an asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    It's amazing what they did to counteract what the Dad did, but what he did was EXTREMELY damaging to his daughter. The guy is a complete dick. He said he did it out of "frustration" over custody battles over the years?

Think about the thought, time and effort it took just to purposefully do this to them. If he had applied that same mentality towards being a good parent, then he probably would have had less of a problem with custody issues. The mentality he showed here tells me that they made the right decision restricting him from custody.

What an asshole.
    Bolded for truth. I hope she picks a crappy nursing home for him, when the time comes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Being a father is not, nor will it ever, be the same as being a dad.

Of all the things in my life I never wanted to fuck up, this is it.

Of all the mistakes I could make, I never wanted to make one so bad that I would be seen as a horrible person in the eyes of my children.

This guy is nothing more than a piece of shit sperm donor fucktool.

"He let his emotions get the best of him."

No, you loser asshole, you showed the world how big of a fucking fool idiot you are.

Your job is to pay to support your child, because that's what real men actually do. That's called "being a grown up", "adulting", et cetera.

You owe that to your baby mama because she's raising your child.

Stupid ass.

I love their selfless donation, however. Hopefully it will be able to help others.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Thread Information