Thread: Linkin Park Stalker Pleads Guilty

Linkin Park Stalker Pleads Guilty

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (June 30) - A former national laboratory worker has admitted that she used government computers to access the e-mail account of Linkin Park lead singer Chester Bennington and hacked into a cell phone company's Web site to obtain his phone number.

Devon Townsend, 28, appeared Friday before U.S. Magistrate Judge Robert Scott and pleaded guilty to charges including stalking and unlawful access to stored communications.

Townsend faces up to five years in prison and fines up to $250,000 for each count. A sentencing date has not been scheduled. Townsend's lawyer, Ray Twohig, did not return messages Friday.

Townsend, who worked in Sandia National Laboratories' technology and manufacturing group, used lab computers to access private information about Bennington and his wife, Talinda, from January 2006 to November 2006.

According to a plea agreement filed Friday, Townsend said she was able to access family photos, information about a new home bought by the Benningtons, the couple's travel plans, and correspondence between Warner Bros. Records and Linkin Park's business attorney - including a copy of a check made to Bennington from the record company and a copy of the band's recording contract.

Townsend also accessed the couple's cell phone accounts online and was able to download digital phone pictures and monitor voice messages.

"On at least one occasion, knowing that Chester Bennington was in Arizona, I traveled to Arizona solely for the purpose of trying to see him," Townsend said in the plea agreement. "While I was there, I monitored Chester Bennington's voice mails as a means of trying to locate where he might be eating dinner or lunch."

Investigators said Townsend also hacked into the e-mail of Bennington's wife and at one point called the former Playboy model and threatened her.

Court documents also said investigators searched Townsend's home in Albuquerque and found Linkin Park posters, autographed band memorabilia, pictures of Townsend with Chester Bennington, bootlegged Linkin Park music, and copies of messages and photographs intercepted from the Bennington family's e-mail accounts.

A call and e-mail message to Linkin Park's publicist were not immediately returned Friday.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
    2007-06-30 10:35:41

What an idiot!
    I'm pretty sure this is her myspace:
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID =36977809

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

Re: Linkin Park Stalker Pleads Guilty

She went through all that...for Linkin Park? 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

From her About Me:

many describe me as a computer nerd. i am constantly searching for new gadgets to obtain and soaking up the never ending knowledge out there

Who I'd like to meet:
    Famous people -- I've met Sum 41 and Chester Bennington of Linkin Park.

:lol:
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

She should at least have an LP song on there.  I don't think her kid has eyes.

HAHAHAHAHAHA  I looked for her too.  Awesome.  I'd so hit that too.
    xox
    Play em' off keyboard cat.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=8573.msg445785#msg445785 date=1183605093]
    She should at least have an LP song on there.  I don't think her kid has eyes.
    [/quote]

He looks like Buddha.

A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

Thread Information