Thread: Small plane crashes into Tennessee lake; all 7 onboard killed

Small plane crashes into Tennessee lake; all 7 onboard killed

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny-...x3e-story.html

A small jet carrying seven people crashed into a Tennessee lake on Saturday, and authorities indicated that no one on board survived.

The Cessna C501 crashed into Percy Priest Lake near Smyrna after taking off from a nearby airport about 11 a.m., the Federal Aviation Administration said in a statement.

Rutherford County rescue crews were still at the scene of the crash late Saturday and planned to work through the night, Rutherford County Fire Rescue Capt. Joshua Sanders said at a news conference. He indicated that there were no survivors.

'Our efforts have transitioned from a rescue effort to that of a recovery effort. ... We are no longer ... looking for live victims at this point,' Sanders said. He said none of the names of the victims would be released until their families had been notified.

Earlier Saturday, officials confirmed that at least one person had died in the crash and that search crews had found a debris field and identified parts of the airplane in the lake. Sanders said the crash appeared to have taken place entirely in the lake.

Authorities also did not release registration information for the plane, which was heading from Smyrna Rutherford County Airport to Palm Beach International Airport.

The Tennessee Highway Patrol told news outlets that a witness saw the plane go into the water near a marina.

The National Transportation Safety Board and FAA both had investigators at the scene.

Smyrna is located about 20 miles southeast of Nashville. Percy Priest Lake is a reservoir created by the J. Percy Priest Dam. It is a popular spot for boating and fishing.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Her hair. Wow.

Tarzan actor Joe Lara killed as plane crashes into Tennessee lake

“Tarzan: The Epic Adventures” actor Joe Lara was killed in a plane crash that left six others dead in Tennessee on Saturday.

He was with his famous wife, church founder Gwen Shamblin Lara, when the plane crashed into Percy Priest Lake, the Rutherford County Fire & Rescue said.

Joe Lara first portrayed the titular adventurer in 1989′s made-for-TV movie “Tarzan in Manhattan,” before again taking on the role years later in the “Tarzan: The Epic Adventures” series. The show aired for one season between 1996 and 1997 and centered on Tarzan’s feats in Africa.

Born William Joseph Lara, the actor also appeared on “Baywatch” and “Gunsmoke: The Last Apache.” His most-recent acting credit came in the 2000 crime-comedy “Very Mean Men,” which starred Matthew Modine.

Officials say Lara, his wife and five others were aboard a small jet when it crashed in the lake shortly after it took off before 11 a.m. Saturday. The jet had been traveling from Smyrna Airport in Tennessee to Palm Beach International.

“Recovery efforts are ongoing on the lake from the Weakley Lane bridge to the Lamar Hill Boat Ramp,” John Ingle, captain and incident commander of the fire & rescue team, said in an update Sunday afternoon. “We are asking all civilian boaters to stay clear of those areas.”

Authorities say human remains and components of the jet have been recovered.

“The debris field is approximately a half of a mile wide,” Ingle said Sunday.

Lara and his wife married in 2018. Gwen Shamblin Lara is a former dietitian who launched the Remnant Fellowship Church in 1999. She had been involved in controversy, according to Nashville news station WTVF, including being accused of heading a cult-like establishment.
    Last edited by up2trouble; 05-30-2021 at 12:53 PM.

One of my bucket list items has been to fly in a private jet, but I'm not sure anymore...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Last edited by up2trouble; 05-30-2021 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Her hair. Wow.
    She wore the most obvious wig I have ever seen, but she was a weightloss cult leader, so it makes sense.

I guess since GOD IS IN CONTROL, he wanted them dead

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    They all look so fricken creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post

PERSONAL NOTE - Those women all have a similar look ... maybe they all use the same stylist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    She wore the most obvious wig I have ever seen, but she was a weightloss cult leader, so it makes sense.

I guess since GOD IS IN CONTROL, he wanted them dead
    I had the same thought when I read that.

They all look so fricken creepy.
    The hair is a step up from the usual big Texas blond Christian woman hair, TN just took it a step further.

So is this all of the victims?
    Attached Images Attached Images

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I feel sorry for all the kids that have lost their parents and/or grandparents.

So is this all of the victims?
    Yep. That's the cult... Ahem... I mean clan.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/22/us/na...ort/index.html

Plane crash that killed Christian diet guru and ‘Tarzan’ actor was caused by pilot’s ‘spatial disorientation,’ NTSB report says

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Her hair. Wow.
    I can?t. How do people leave the house like this

Tarzan's wife looks like she couldn't figure out if she wanted to be white or tan.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/22/us/na...ort/index.html

Plane crash that killed Christian diet guru and ‘Tarzan’ actor was caused by pilot’s ‘spatial disorientation,’ NTSB report says
    I dont get how he would think the plane nose was up when it was down? But idk a lot about flying.

I dont get how he would think the plane nose was up when it was down? But idk a lot about flying.
    It's possible to get confused easily depending on the weather, time of day (night flying is the worst for this), extreme stress in the cockpit, and/or instruments failing. It's actually a very common cause of accidents. There is a recent case of a United plane out of Hawaii that plunged within about 600 ft of hitting the ocean shortly after takeoff and they think it was something like this. https://www.reuters.com/business/aer...ii-2023-02-14/

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    It's possible to get confused easily depending on the weather, time of day (night flying is the worst for this), extreme stress in the cockpit, and/or instruments failing. It's actually a very common cause of accidents. There is a recent case of a United plane out of Hawaii that plunged within about 600 ft of hitting the ocean shortly after takeoff and they think it was something like this. https://www.reuters.com/business/aer...ii-2023-02-14/
    So they corrected it after the swift decline. Interesting, were they flying at night with an unexperienced pilot not using his equipment right?

Because if not, anti anxiety meds arent going to help me get in a plane if the pilot cant tell if the plane is going up or down.

So they corrected it after the swift decline. Interesting, were they flying at night with an unexperienced pilot not using his equipment right?

Because if not, anti anxiety meds arent going to help me get in a plane if the pilot cant tell if the plane is going up or down.
    Based on their hours they sound very experienced. I believe it was daytime, but there were clouds and heavy rain. If you have that much anxiety, don't read the recent reports about all the near misses with ATC. I think it's the result of lots of young workers in ATC who don't give a damn, but that's my old person opinion, now get off my lawn.

I recently watched the documentary on the ?weigh down? ministry remnant church no gays allowed only fatties go to hell Gwen may be the new Jesus with that hair religion?
    Two things: one the ?elders? such as Gwen and her daughter don?t look slim they look anorexic like people in Somalia would send them food, which makes sense because they literally told people who didn?t slim down fast enough to stop eating for the next 4 months.
    And two: I never much believed in divine intervention or god doing things to bad people but I just cannot help but think maybe just mayyybe he slapped that jet right out the sky. Only way it could?ve been better was if it was after they attended their MAGa rally, and not on their way to their MAGA rally 😂🤣😂🤣

Quote Originally Posted by TupelosDaddy View Post
    I recently watched the documentary on the ?weigh down? ministry remnant church no gays allowed only fatties go to hell Gwen may be the new Jesus with that hair religion?
    Two things: one the ?elders? such as Gwen and her daughter don?t look slim they look anorexic like people in Somalia would send them food, which makes sense because they literally told people who didn?t slim down fast enough to stop eating for the next 4 months.
    And two: I never much believed in divine intervention or god doing things to bad people but I just cannot help but think maybe just mayyybe he slapped that jet right out the sky. Only way it could?ve been better was if it was after they attended their MAGa rally, and not on their way to their MAGA rally ��������
    I'm on board with this.

The documentaries are damn crazy. That hair and those sermons.. geez. I have a hard time sitting thru a church service. I don't know if it's too much going on or too loud. I get to the point I have to sneak out because it's so suffocating foe me. If I had to sit in a service listening to this woman's voice for longer than 5 minutes they would have prolly thought I was possessed by the devil trying to get out. She was a crazy zealot. I kinda figured God might have not wanted to hear her shit any longer and decided to put a stop to it.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

I might add. This chick is what one would call a religious Karen.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Thread Information