Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 6-Year-Old Boy (Aiden Leos) Fatally Shot on Freeway Was on His Way to Kindergarten

6-Year-Old Boy (Aiden Leos) Fatally Shot on Freeway Was on His Way to Kindergarten

https://www.gofundme.com/f/2dv8wvxv7c

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...hVOj3Vjb3zXK1A

The family of the little boy who was shot and killed after an apparent road rage incident on an Orange County freeway is pleading for the public’s help to find the shooter.

Family members identified the victim in Friday morning's shooting on the 55 Freeway in Orange as 6-year-old Aiden Leos.

All night long, people arrived at a memorial and dropped off flowers and balloons for little Aiden. His family said they are overwhelmed by the support.

Aiden had just celebrated his sixth birthday last week.

Aiden’s family wants to remember him as a happy kid who could brighten up a room. Aiden's sister said he was one of a kind.

“I was also so grateful for him because he was a rare toddler. He was just so loving, he would come into my room and be like, you’re so beautiful sissy, always giving people compliments,” his sister, Alexis Cloonan said.

Aiden's mom was driving Aiden to his kindergarten class as he was strapped into his booster seat on the rear passenger side when someone shot through the trunk, striking Aiden in the back.

“She didn’t know it was a gunshot that was fired, until she heard my little brother saying his stomach hurt. She had to hold him while he was dying. No mother should have to go through that,” Cloonan said.

Cloonan says her mother told her the driver of a white Volkswagen cut her off.

CHP stated the road rage incident that turned tragically deadly on the 55 Freeway north occurred about eight this morning.

Police are searching for the shooter. Vikki Vargas reports for the NBC4 News on Friday, May 21, 2021.
    As investigators search for clues, a community is mourning with a family suffering an unthinkable loss.

“This is a single mom with two kids, she’s broken, and she’s going to need help,” said Aiden’s aunt, Carol Ybanez.

“I just want them to know what they took from the world today, what they took from my family. A little child of happiness. We’re never going to be full again,” Cloonan said.

The CHP says there are Caltrans cameras here, but they’re not sure if they were recording.

They are urging everyone who was on the 55 Freeway Friday morning near Orange about 8 a.m. to please think about what you may have heard and saw.

The family has set up a GoFundMe account.
    Last edited by up2trouble; 05-22-2021 at 08:33 AM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    It's all over the news here. I posted about it in another thread. It's gut wrenching listening to his sister:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=142010194620747
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    It's all over the news here. I posted about it in another thread. It's gut wrenching listening to his sister:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=142010194620747
    Sorry for the double post. I didn't see it when I looked.

That video was heartbreaking.

I literally cant with this. Even if his mother cut someone off (which I dont think she did) shooting into the back of a car is unbelievable to me.

The shooter is dangerous, and im hoping they catch him soon.

RIP Aiden

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    Sorry for the double post. I didn't see it when I looked.
    Yeah, sorry that I wasn't clear. I posted it within a general thread but I agree that it deserves its own. I posted it in a general thread as a follow up to highway shootings that have been happening in SoCal. Over 80 since the end of April. Yes it's with a pellet gun, but it's still very scary and can cause accidents.

'Mommy, my tummy hurts': Heartbreaking final words of boy, 6, shot dead in his car booster seat on way to school after his mom gave driver the finger on California freeway for cutting her off - as his sister begs for justice

- Aiden Leos, 6, was killed by a bullet while riding in the back of his mother's Chevy sedan on Friday morning
    - Happened after his mother flipped off a driver who cut her up in the car pool lane of State Route 55 in Orange
    - The gunman, traveling in white car, then fired into the rear of Aiden's mother's car hitting him in the back
    - Aiden's older sister, Alexis Cloonan, described him and someone who was full of 'love, joy and laughter'
    - A GoFundMe page has been set up to help the family with funeral costs

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-finger.html - more details and pics

I hope that stupid coward turns himself in.
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Arrests have been made!

2 arrested in connection with Orange freeway shooting that killed 6-year-old Aiden Leos: CHP
    G?nesis Miranda Miramontes, Chip Yost, and John Fenoglio

Two arrests have been made in the shooting death of Aiden Leos, the 6-year-old boy who was killed in an apparent road rage incident on the 55 Freeway in Orange last month, the California Highway Patrol announced Sunday evening.

Marcus Anthony Eriz, 24, and Wynne Lee, 23, were arrested in their Costa Mesa home in connection with the case. It is anticipated they will be charged with murder, according to a CHP news release.

The suspects are being held on $1 million bail each.

?On behalf of Border Division Chief Omar Watson, and the Santa Ana Area, we are deeply grateful for the professionalism and tireless commitment of our investigators who have worked on this case from day one to find those responsible for Aiden?s death,? said CHP Commissioner Amanda Ray.

Leos was shot when his mother was driving him to school on the morning of May 21.

His mother, Joanna Cloonan, was driving him to kindergarten on the northbound 55 freeway nearing the 22 freeway when Aiden was fatally shot. The little boy was sitting in a booster seat in the right rear passenger side.

CHP described the suspect?s vehicle as a 2018-2019 white Volkswagen Golf SportsWagen with non-tinted windows and a sunroof.

Cloonan and the suspects in the white Volkswagen station wagon were involved in a road rage incident over a perceived unsafe lane change, the press release stated.

One of the suspects then fired at least once into the rear of Cloonan?s vehicle, killing Aiden, according to CHP. The suspects then fled the scene.

?While these arrests will not ease the pain of a mother?s loss, my hope is for the Leos family to have some peace of mind and to rest assured the CHP will work with the Orange County District Attorney to bring justice for Aiden,? Ray said.

CHP Border Division Chief Watson also thanked the Southern California community for its ?indescribable outpouring of concern and hundreds of tips? that helped investigators find the killers.

?The Department has been in regular contact with the victim?s family and I assure you they, like us, are committed to seeing justice served,? Watson said.

The reward for any information leading to the capture and conviction of the child?s killer has now grown to $500,000, according to Orange County DA Todd Spitzer.

A private funeral service for family and close friends was held for Leos on Saturday at Calvary Chapel in Yorba Linda.

?It feels so wrong that you?ve been taken from us,? Cloonan said at her Leos? funeral service. ?I want nothing more than to find justice, although it won?t bring you back into our arms. It makes me outraged that such a precious, beautiful soul did not get the opportunity to continue developing into a young man, starting a family of his own.?

?My precious son had his life ripped away from him for absolutely no reason,? she said. ?They took his life and my heart along with it.?

Cloonan shared her son?s last wish during her eulogy.

?On his sixth birthday, as he blew out his candles, he looked at us and he said, ?I just wish for everyone to be happy.??
    https://ktla.com/news/local-news/arr...-year-old-boy/

Double post, sorry:

Perhaps the FB of one of the suspects? They're from the area.

https://www.facebook.com/marcus.eriz

ETA: By "area" I mean the same state lol. Not near Costa Mesa but he says in his description that he's from a small town trying to figure out the big city.

Both places he's worked are close by where the shooting happened. I'm almost POSITIVE that this is him.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 06-06-2021 at 09:39 PM.

Oh, yeah. It's him. The comments say it all and there's video of him shooting guns. One of them was probably the murder weapon.

Everyone wants this guy dead.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Double post, sorry:

Perhaps the FB of one of the suspects? They're from the area.

https://www.facebook.com/marcus.eriz

ETA: By "area" I mean the same state lol. Not near Costa Mesa but he says in his description that he's from a small town trying to figure out the big city.

Both places he's worked are close by where the shooting happened. I'm almost POSITIVE that this is him.
    Yes, I think that is him.

This guy just SCREAMS "Douchebag". Meanwhile, they're ripping him to shreds in the comments.

I wanted to save some of the photos before his Insta disappears.

I cant see the comments because I dont have instagram

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I cant see the comments because I dont have instagram
    Obviously I can't post them all, but here's a small example and they just keep coming on every one of his pictures and videos.

"I hope you like prison food and dick" is such a simple comment but made me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

"I hope you like prison food and dick" is such a simple comment but made me laugh
    Right?

Meanwhile, I can't find anything about Wynn. It's like she's a ghost.

Right?

Meanwhile, I can't find anything about Wynn. It's like she's a ghost.
    I wonder if she's the chick on his FB.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I wonder if she's the chick on his FB.
    Nope. News pics show an Asian-looking woman.

Thanks, Up.

I'm wondering if she deleted social media after it happened. Or she could have one under an alias.

Nope. News pics show an Asian-looking woman.

Based on her name I knew she had to be. Either she seems to have zero social media or her name is too common where she doesn't show up. Perhaps her SM is under a different name. There's a couple of "Wynne Lees" in the area, but neither seem to fit her. One in Santa Clarita that has no pictures of them, but she seems to be super religious and a teacher and SC is nowhere near Costa Mesa.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 06-07-2021 at 08:53 AM.

I found an article on Wynne and her depression, etc.

https://www.kqed.org/stateofhealth/2...ations-collide

This might be her Instagram, which is set to private:

https://www.instagram.com/wynnelym/?hl=en

Accused Getaway Driver in Road Rage Killing of Aiden Leos Will Face Four Years Max in Prison if Convicted

https://toofab.com/2021/05/24/6-year...o-cut-her-off/

The couple accused in the road rage killing of Aiden Leos have been charged.

Marcus Anthony Eriz is charged with felony murder, and discharge of a gun at an occupied vehicle, county District Attorney Todd Spitzer said at a news conference Tuesday.

Wynne Lee meanwhile has only been charged with accessory after the fact, and concealing a firearm.

Prosecutors are not confident in a second murder charge, as investigators believe she was driving while Eriz fired the fatal shot.

"We would not file these charges if we could not prove them beyond a reasonable doubt," Spitzer said. "With respect to the charges against both, I absolutely am convinced they're rock solid."

Spitzer said that if Eriz is convicted of either or both charges, he will spend "a significant portion of his adult life in prison."

But if Lee is found guilty, she would only spend three years max behind bars for the accessory charge, and another year for the firearms offense.

With respect to the charges, prosecutors want to increase Eriz's bail to $2 million, but reduce Lee's to $500,000.

"In a civilized community, we should be able to drive our kid to school and not worry that they're going to be shot in the back," Orange County Supervisor Katrina Foley added at the conference.

The couple are due to be arraigned on June 18.

I think she should get what he gets. she didn't report what he did.

Thread Information