Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Missing 13 year old, Tristyn Bailey, found dead in the woods in St. Johns Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I hope he gets more than 40 years, bc he could get out in 20 right? That would give him ample time to get all stabby on other people.
    I would be shocked if he got 40 years. We're not TX, but we aren't far behind in our sentences. He definitely deserves the higher end of the sentence IMO.

I guess I'm not especially shocked at the plea. A conviction was pretty inevitable and when a plea bargain offer wasn't forthcoming even at the last minutes, pleading to the charges at least gives him something that looks good at the sentencing hearing. Or his first parole hearing 40 years or whenever from now.

I'm kind of surprised they gave him life.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/24/us/ai...ing/index.html

Florida teen sentenced to life in prison for fatally stabbing 13-year-old classmate

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post

Florida teen sentenced to life in prison for fatally stabbing 13-year-old classmate
    I'm happy that they did. Kid was calculated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I'm happy that they did. Kid was calculated.
    Me too. I am curious to see if it stands on appeal. I couldn't find anything that said if there was a chance of parole or not.

Personally I think he deserves death. But Im okay with life.

Bailey’s body was found on May 9, 2021, after her family had reported her missing earlier that day. She had been stabbed 114 times and sustained 49 defensive wounds to her head, hands, and arms, according to the state attorney.
    This really gets to me. She was alive for most of the attack and trying to defend herself. She must have been scared to death.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Personally I think he deserves death. But Im okay with life.

Even Florida isn't going to give a kid the death sentence. There's been a lot of outrage in the past few years about giving kids life sentences, but I think the main outrage was over life without parole, so that's why I was trying to see if he had a chance at parole. Florida is doing what they want to right now (thanks DeSantis) and if they gave him LWOP I look for it to be overturned and knocked down a lot.

Me too. I am curious to see if it stands on appeal. I couldn't find anything that said if there was a chance of parole or not.
    I was wondering the same. There shouldn't be chance of parole. I don't think he could ever be deemed safe to return to society with how he went about this and how he acted afterward. He's one of "Those" that end up being a serial killer.

Even Florida isn't going to give a kid the death sentence. There's been a lot of outrage in the past few years about giving kids life sentences, but I think the main outrage was over life without parole, so that's why I was trying to see if he had a chance at parole. Florida is doing what they want to right now (thanks DeSantis) and if they gave him LWOP I look for it to be overturned and knocked down a lot.
    He did this for no reason and isnt remorseful, he deserves LWOP. So is he eligible for parole now?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

He did this for no reason and isnt remorseful, he deserves LWOP. So is he eligible for parole now?
    Yes, he will be eligible in 25 years. And that's probably the best thing because it will most likely keep his sentence from being overturned as unjust since he was under 18., It's not a guarantee, just a chance. I think we all want him locked away forever, but the Supreme Court has ruled that someone under 18 can't get LWOP, and if Florida had done that they probably would have knocked the sentence down on appeal to a lot lower sentence.

https://twitter.com/CourtTV/status/1639270299605581825
    Judge Smith said because of his age he will eligible for parole after 25 yrs.

Yes, he will be eligible in 25 years. And that's probably the best thing because it will most likely keep his sentence from being overturned as unjust since he was under 18., It's not a guarantee, just a chance. I think we all want him locked away forever, but the Supreme Court has ruled that someone under 18 can't get LWOP, and if Florida had done that they probably would have knocked the sentence down on appeal to a lot lower sentence.

We may or may not be around for it, but this isn't the last people will hear of him if he's ever let out. Mark my words.

I guess this is the best they could do, Im ok with that I guess. I definately dont want this to be overturned on appeal.

We may or may not be around for it, but this isn't the last people will hear of him if he's ever let out. Mark my words.
    He will get out at 41. Thats pretty young and gives him plenty of time to be murdery again. He will probably just be more careful and hide the body next time.

Like I said earlier. She did nothing to him. He had no reason to kill her, and he majorly over killed. For no reason. He chopped someone up and doesnt even feel bad. Pure psychopath. And psychopaths thrive in jail.

I guess this is the best they could do, Im ok with that I guess. I definately dont want this to be overturned on appeal.

He will get out at 41. Thats pretty young and gives him plenty of time to be murdery again. He will probably just be more careful and hide the body next time.

Like I said earlier. She did nothing to him. He had no reason to kill her, and he majorly over killed. For no reason. He chopped someone up and doesnt even feel bad. Pure psychopath. And psychopaths thrive in jail.
    He didn't exactly chop her up...

I think one of the YouTube news videos, I watched, said he threatened correction officers and intimidated inmates into handing over their commissary items. Also, he had a tablet that he could play offline games on. I hope since he's been sentenced, he doesn't get away with that type of crime and luxuries.
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Thread Information