Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is MDS filled with Viruses and Trojans?

Re: Is MDS filled with Viruses and Trojans?

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=8557.msg443718#msg443718 date=1183490492]
    And valid solutions were posted and ignored...so game on.
    [/quote]

I didn't see the disclaimer on MDS that all users must go Premium and use Firefox because it has viruses. I asked if anyone else had this problem and was wondering if the webmaster can get rid of the ads that are spyware related. You are ignoring the question and whether this can be fixed to better serve users that enjoy using MDS. I would say that most people using MDS are not Premium Members and are not using Firefox, so everybody is supposed to get viruses without knowing that this site is the cause of it?

[quote author=despair link=topic=8557.msg443731#msg443731 date=1183490933]
    I didn't see the disclaimer on MDS that all users must go Premium and use Firefox because it has viruses. I asked if anyone else had this problem and was wondering if the webmaster can get rid of the ads that are spyware related. You are ignoring the question and whether this can be fixed to better serve users that enjoy using MDS. I would say that most people using MDS are not Premium Members and are not using Firefox, so everybody is supposed to get viruses without knowing that this site is the cause of it?
    [/quote]

I'm not a networking/security expert but maybe you have some open ports that are causing you to have more issues than most people on this site. Is your firewall on? In most cases viruses don't just infect your machine without you doing something. Spyware/malware yes but not viruses.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=despair link=topic=8557.msg443642#msg443642 date=1183488329]
    How legit are these ads selling everything from Look Up Your Ex to Russian Brides 4 Marriage?
    [/quote]The Russian Brides 4 Marriage one is pretty legit. From what I hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

[/quote]

If you're still using IE instead of Firefox you are a moron, you deserve viruses, and I have nothing left to say to you.

kthnxbai!

[/quote]

You stated a problem and solutions were offered.  No one said you had to do a damn thing but abide by the rules.  However you were offered assistance.
    No, we will not stop running ads. 
    I have not ignored your question at all, I just didn't give you the answer you wanted.
    I would disagree with your "most people using MDS" assumption.  I'm sorry but did you think that guests get more consideration than Premium members?  If you did you are sadly mistaken.

[/quote]

I am premium, but I lurk occasionally.  I also use IE, and just finished a scan of my comp.  I have 0 incidents of spyware, malware, bots, trojans, or viruses.  I think you are the one that has something wrong, and not MDS.

I know that it might be hard, but try not to click on the Ask PUD ads.  :)

Also, what do you suggest that MDS does to stay alive if all of the ads are removed? 

[quote author=Onthedarkside link=topic=8557.msg443618#msg443618 date=1183486845]
    Funny that you should post this question.
    Just this morning I was informed that my computer here at work had the highest number of spyware hits.
    I surf MDS daily from work.  Sooooooooo.  Our IT Security guy had me run a spyware scan.  There were 67 hits and all were from MDS. 
    IT guy then brought me a report generated from my computer and someplace called ads.adbrite.com had hit my computer 2,558 times in a 24 hour span. I am almost 100% sure I have seen this ad here on MDS. 
    I really don't want to give up MDS at work but I may have to.  Can't have this spyware crap on my computer at work.  Bad enough to have it on home computer!! 
    [/quote]

[quote author=Budweiser Drinker link=topic=8557.msg443759#msg443759 date=1183491554]
    I think you are the one that has something wrong, and not MDS.
    I know that it might be hard, but try not to click on the Ask PUD ads.  :)
    Also, what do you suggest that MDS does to stay alive if all of the ads are removed? 
    [/quote]

I have never clicked on any ads, but when I go from one article to the next, I get these attacks. I am not the only one that have experienced this problem. I am not asking to remove the ads, but the spyware that's on MDS.

[quote author=tara12sk link=topic=8557.msg443747#msg443747 date=1183491258]
    The Russian Brides 4 Marriage one is pretty legit. From what I hear.
    [/quote]

I check that one out for my boss on a daily basis.  I e-mail him my choices. So far, all I know is that he's had to buy a few computers to communicate on a better level with the lovely ladies.  I'll ask him about viruses.  The e-kind.
    I don't enter into mental warfare with morons.  It's immoral and unethical.  They have no ammunition.  AIDA convention regulations, article VII, Paragraph XII  

[quote author=despair link=topic=8557.msg443774#msg443774 date=1183491982]
    I have never clicked on any ads, but when I go from one article to the next, I get these attacks. I am not the only one that have experienced this problem. I am not asking to remove the ads, but the spyware that's on MDS.
    [/quote]

Why do you think MDS is trying to spy on you?  So they can figure out which kind of Dust-Off you prefer?  I assure you, they are in no need of new deaths :lol:

[quote author=jesserz44 link=topic=8557.msg443784#msg443784 date=1183492267]
    Why do you think MDS is trying to spy on you?  So they can figure out which kind of Dust-Off you prefer?  I assure you, they are in no need of new deaths :lol:
    [/quote]

More likely, it's his jello shot recipe.  :lol:
    I don't enter into mental warfare with morons.  It's immoral and unethical.  They have no ammunition.  AIDA convention regulations, article VII, Paragraph XII  

[/quote]

<br />&quot;If you aren&#039;t going to use the head on your shoulders, I will remove it by any means necessary .&quot; <br />

I like Despair. Be nice to him.

[quote author=[Pandora] link=topic=8557.msg443817#msg443817 date=1183493051]
    I like Despair. Be nice to him.
    [/quote]

Thank you! Just because I don't post on here doesn't mean I'm not known on here.

[quote author=despair link=topic=8557.msg443824#msg443824 date=1183493189]
    Thank you! Just because I don't post on here doesn't mean I'm not known on here.
    [/quote]

I know you!&nbsp; :-D&nbsp;

[quote author=despair link=topic=8557.msg443824#msg443824 date=1183493189]
    [/quote]

Oh I know you now.&nbsp; :|

[quote author=despair link=topic=8557.msg443774#msg443774 date=1183491982]
    [/quote]

<br />&quot;If you aren&#039;t going to use the head on your shoulders, I will remove it by any means necessary .&quot; <br />

[quote author=hunibuni link=topic=8557.msg443917#msg443917 date=1183495505]

[/quote]

Is that all you have to say? I found a post by the administrator that there were similar incidents with popup spyware affecting MDS almost exactly one year ago. I am not making this stuff up.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=182.msg2787#msg2787 date=1152658732]
    We here at MDS hate the popups as much as you guys (if not more).

The last thing we want to see is our site become like those other websites we hate.

The ads are NOT supposed to include popups.&nbsp; We have requested from one of our ad companies the popups be removed (and they were).&nbsp; But it looks like they've returned.&nbsp; This time it seems like there is spyware.&nbsp; (We haven't seen it, but it's been reported).

We are in the process of removing the guilty ad agency.&nbsp; Please bare with us....

If you notice any spyware attempting to install, contact us immediately through this forum thread.
    [/quote]

[quote author=despair link=topic=8557.msg443944#msg443944 date=1183496491]
    Is that all you have to say? I found a post by the administrator that there were similar incidents with popup spyware affecting MDS almost exactly one year ago. I am not making this stuff up.

[/quote]

Did it occur to you that the solutions we suggested were also suggested by the admin?&nbsp; No, I didn't think you had.
    The pop ups no longer occur for the vast majority of us.&nbsp; Believe it or not, in that year we done figured some shit out.

[quote author=despair link=topic=8557.msg443944#msg443944 date=1183496491]

[/quote]

Anything else that is said to you is utterly pointless. We have made suggestions that you chose to ignore. You have but one opinion. We did not say you were making it up. We are not having an issue.
    Therefore, I say

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=8557.msg443748#msg443748 date=1183491271]
    If you're still using IE instead of Firefox you are a moron, you deserve viruses, and I have nothing left to say to you.

kthnxbai!
    [/quote]
    Agree completely.

IE is awful, get firefox there should be no reason you can not use it. I refuse to ever use IE again
    [quote author=Mr. Formaldehyde]<br />I will wship YOU!!!1[/quote]<br />[quote author=LawChick]<br />I love you back whore. Don&#39;t forget it either.<br />[/quote]

Spyware and viruses are two separate things.&nbsp; :| Personally, I see no problem with MDS - admittedly, I use IE7 and have had no troubles with spyware. I don't even get pop-ups from this site.

I have never had a problem with popups,spyware,or viruses from this site.Even before I was premium I had no problems.

[quote author=hlw1214 link=topic=8557.msg444338#msg444338 date=1183513423]
    I have never had a problem with popups,spyware,or viruses from this site.Even before I was premium I had no problems.
    [/quote]

Same here.&nbsp; I've been here for a year and I use IE.&nbsp; I've never once had a problem with spyware, viruses or popups with MDS.

I am so cool that I never get a virus. Evar.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

Thread Information