Thread: Actress, music video star Tawny Kitaen dead at 59

Actress, music video star Tawny Kitaen dead at 59

https://www.facebook.com/tawnykitaenofficial/

https://www.instagram.com/TawnyKitaenofficial/

https://twitter.com/tawny_kitaen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawny_Kitaen

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000478/

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...yu4-story.html

Actress Tawny Kitaen, who appeared on the big screen with Tom Hanks and, perhaps more famously, in a series of music videos for Whitesnake, is dead at 59.

Kitaen died Friday at her home in Newport Beach, Calif., Variety reported, citing a report by the Orange County coroner's office.

Kitaen was born Julie Kitaen in 1961 and gave herself the nickname 'Tawny' when she was 12. She dated Ratt guitarist Robbin Crosby in the early 1980s and appeared as the cover model for the EP 'Ratt' ' on which only her lower body was seen ' and the band's first LP, 'Out of the Cellar.'

She got her first big acting break in the 1984 film 'Bachelor Party,' in which she played Hanks' fiance.

Kitaen then got tons of exposure on MTV through Whitesnake, which was led by singer David Coverdale, who she would later marry. The music man and the former beauty pageant contestant made a classic '80s couple, with both rocking big hair.

The singer cast the beauty in videos as eye candy for the hits 'Here I Go Again', 'Still of the Night,' 'Is This Love' and 'The Deeper the Love.'

It was 'Here I Go Again,' which topped the charts in 1987 ' thanks in large part to the video in heavy rotation on MTV ' that created a sensation, with Kitaen as a human hood ornament dancing seductively on two Jaguars.

In a 2020 interview on the 'Ouch You're On My Hair' podcast, Kitaen recalled that she originally was not going to be in the video, but then she accompanied Coverdale to a meeting at director Marty Kallner's house to go over storyboards.

'So we went over to his Bel Air mansion,' she said, 'and he opens up the door, and without even saying hi or hello, he pointed at me and he said, 'You're her.' And I'm, like, 'I'm who'' And he said, 'You're the girl.''

More smash hits, videos and a 1989 marriage followed for the couple, but they split up in 1991. In 1997, O.J. Simpson, at his wrongful-death trial in the killings of ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman, testified he had a yearlong affair with Kitaen when he was married.

Kitaen found TV success as Mona Loveland on the reboot of 'WKRP in Cincinnati' from 1991-93. She continued to work steadily in the '90s, and in 1997 she married then-Anaheim Angels pitcher Chuck Finley, who earned 200 wins in a 17-year career. They had two daughters together.

In 2002 she was charged with domestic violence for allegedly kicking Finley in the face repeatedly while wearing high heels. Finley filed for divorce three days later, and Kitaen took a plea bargain requiring her to enter a counseling program.

Kitaen was charged with cocaine possession in 2006 and driving under the influence in 2009. She detailed her battle with substance abuse on 'Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew.'

In her last Twitter post on Friday, she thanked a fan who drew a picture of her.
    Last edited by up2trouble; 05-08-2021 at 10:30 AM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    My guess is Covid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    My guess is Covid.
    I was thinking relapse.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    I was thinking relapse.
    The only reason I mention it is because she had posted about being sick at the end of April and she lives in Orange County which is basically Trumplandia with the racism and anti maskers. So basically, nobody is getting vaccinated down there and they're resisting any regulations.

Lots of people are speculating Pneumonia. But I'm going to guess Covid. They definitely did a tox so it will take months to find out either way. If ever. OC coroner isn't as open as LA.

Could go either way.

image upload without registration

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    The only reason I mention it is because she had posted about being sick at the end of April and she lives in Orange County which is basically Trumplandia with the racism and anti maskers. So basically, nobody is getting vaccinated down there and they're resisting any regulations.

Lots of people are speculating Pneumonia. But I'm going to guess Covid. They definitely did a tox so it will take months to find out either way. If ever. OC coroner isn't as open as LA.
    Hmm, I didn't know that about Orange County. You're right. It could go either way.

Tawny Kitaen's Brother Believes She Died of Broken Heart

https://www.tmz.com/2021/05/12/tawny...-broken-heart/

Tawny Kitaen, the late actress who starred in "Bachelor Party," died of a broken heart ... so says her brother, who thinks losing their father was too much for Tawny to handle.

Jordan Kitaen tells TMZ ... police have spoken to the family, telling them there was nothing found at the scene suggesting drugs, pills or alcohol were a factor in her death ... and no signs she took her own life, either.

However, Jordan says Tawny was devastated by the recent death of her father, who passed away April 12 after a long battle with skin cancer. He believes the death was too much for Tawny's system to handle, especially because their dad's funeral was just days away when she died.

We're told Tawny, the oldest child, was extremely tight with their father, and Jordan describes their relationship as an "uncanny connection."

Jordan tells us he last spoke with Tawny Thursday, the night before she died, and she was in a good mood and excited about Mother's Day plans with her kids.

TMZ broke the story ... 59-year-old Tawny died Friday in Newport Beach, CA. The coroner has yet to determine the cause of death.

Tawny's substance abuse issues and arrest for drug possession and DUI were well-chronicled in the media, but her brother thinks she was in a good place before her sudden death.

Tawny's siblings laid their father to rest Monday in San Diego. We're told the family hasn't made a decision yet about where she will be buried.

Cause of death:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...id=mailsignout

Kitaen died from dilated cardiomyopathy, a common type of heart disease, a spokesperson for the Orange County Coroner's Office tells PEOPLE.

Other contributing factors to her death included mild coronary atherosclerosis, mirtazapine, mirtazapine metabolite, alprazolam, acetaminophen, pregabalin, and hydrocodone.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Her heart gave up after the years of drug abuse. Basically.

Thread Information