Thread: Sofia Jaurez (5) missing from Kennewick, WA since 2/4/2003

Sofia Jaurez (5) missing from Kennewick, WA since 2/4/2003

https://www.king5.com/article/news/l...3-55a655b87e2f

A TikTok video may provide clues in the case of Sofia Juarez, a Kennewick girl who police believe was abducted near her home in 2003.

In the clip, posted to the social media platform last month, a man in Sinaloa, Mexico, interviewed a woman who claimed she had been held captive and was attempting to reunite with her family.

Her approximate age matches Juarez, and some viewers think the woman looks like an older version of the child.

Commenters mentioned the Juarez case and flagged the Kennewick Police Department.

?We will follow up on every tip that comes through,? said Kennewick Police Lt. Aaron Clem. ?We need to do our due diligence to make sure that we have everything covered.?

Investigators are talking with the man who shot the clip, a popular TikTok personality, and he is trying to help authorities locate the woman in the video, Clem said.

?I think it's just a matter of time before we're able to locate her and hopefully get her to provide us with a DNA sample so that we can compare that to a DNA sample that we have for Sofia,? he said.

According to police, some relatives of the TikTok woman said she is not Sofia.

?If it's her, great, we get to bring Sofia home," said Clem. "If it's not her, then we can move on to other things and put our resources in other places."
    The TikTok video is at the link above

https://www.nbcrightnow.com/archives...82220fa6e.html

She looks like an adult version of the little girl, but I dont blame the family for being skeptical. s

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Damn! She does look like her. For sure! I'm hoping it's her and she's reunited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

https://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/...259269709.html

DNA results return for woman in Mexican TikTok video and missing Tri-Cities girl

Read more at: https://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/...#storylink=cpy

Kennewick police must refocus their efforts to find a girl who disappeared more than 19 years ago after a lead from a TikTok video turned out to be a bust. DNA test results returned this month show the woman in the video from Culiacan, Sinaloa, is not Sofia Juarez. Kennewick police posted the disappointing news on Thursday.

Last year, in an impromptu interview with the social media personality, the Mexican woman said in Spanish that she had been kidnapped when she was a young child. She also said she didn’t like birthdays — Sofia Juarez disappeared a day before her 5th birthday — and was hoping her grandmother and grandfather would come find her.

“The truth is, I don’t know where I’m from,” she said at the time. The woman said she was 22, but admitted she didn’t know her age for sure. Viewers were struck by the similarities between the woman and Sofia’s childhood photos and it drew national and international attention. Soon after, Kennewick police received dozens of tips on the missing person’s case.

Police investigators contacted the social media personality about the video, and the woman’s relatives denied she was Sofia and said the woman was being treated at a rehabilitation center in Mexico. Investigators asked the rehabilitation center if they could arrange a DNA test but were told they would need a court order.

“Police temporarily suspended the investigation so as to not interfere with the female’s treatment,” police said. “After a month, further attempts were made to try and interview the female in the rehabilitation center. Those efforts were unsuccessful.” With the help of the Mexican consul and the FBI, Kennewick police were able to find the Mexican woman after she was released from the facility. She voluntarily gave them a DNA sample. Investigators received the results on March 2, and discovered it wasn’t a match to Sofia.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Well that is a bummer. I was hoping it was her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Well that is a bummer. I was hoping it was her.
    Me too. There have been several cases like this lately and none of them have turned out to be the missing person. There is still a lady down in Mexico that I haven't heard an update on, and that case is promising but it's sad that none of the others have panned out.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Well that sucks. She definitely resembled her. I was hoping they'd be reunited. I guess it's good to rule people out at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

Thread Information