Thread: Minnesota movie theater manager sold cocaine in bags of popcorn

Minnesota movie theater manager sold cocaine in bags of popcorn

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...fee-story.html

The white stuff in the popcorn wasn't salt.

The general manager of a Minnesota movie theater was named this week in a criminal complaint alleging she sold drugs in popcorn containers at the cinema, according to documents obtained by The Smoking Gun.

Jamie Lynn Hiniker, who manages the four-screen Spotlight Theaters in Mankato ' about 81 miles south of Minneapolis ' has been charged with selling narcotics, a felony. She's accused of selling cocaine, generally 'behind the theater in an alley or at the theater in a popcorn container with popcorn,' according to the probable cause affidavit obtained by the outlet.

The charges against Hiniker stem from the sale of 'one or more mixtures containing a narcotic drug' late last July, according to the complaint.

Under the guidance of a Minnesota River Valley Drug Task Force Agent, a confidential informant purchased $100 worth of cocaine from Hiniker, who put the drug in a popcorn bag and topped the bag off with the snack, according to the affidavit. The exchange was witnessed by the agent.

The substance was later tested and identified as cocaine weighing .406 grams, according to the document.

Though the task force tried to build a more solid case around Hiniker's source for the drugs earlier, it was determined that arresting her earlier could have jeopardized the identity of the agency's informant, who was working on other cases as well, Jeff Wersal, Commander of the Minnesota River Valley Drug Task Force, told the Daily News Friday.

If convicted, Hiniker faces up to 20 years behind bars, a $250,000 fine, or both, according to the complaint.
    Last edited by up2trouble; 05-07-2021 at 04:07 PM.

The punishment seems harsh. Murders get less punishment.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Sounds pretty smart to me...lol. Except she got caught.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    If this happened last July, I'm wondering how a theater was even open? I guess since they serve food they were technically legal to be open?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    If this happened last July, I'm wondering how a theater was even open? I guess since they serve food they were technically legal to be open?
    Theatres in Minn didn't close until Novemberish?

One of our local theaters was selling popcorn (delivering even) during the worst of things. https://rapidcityjournal.com/news/el...c2d24cd63.html I don't think cocaine was included...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Theatres in Minn didn't close until Novemberish?

One of our local theaters was selling popcorn (delivering even) during the worst of things. https://rapidcityjournal.com/news/el...c2d24cd63.html I don't think cocaine was included...
    It's bizarre how different every state conducted themselves throughout the pandemic. We were on complete shut down starting mid March. Nothing but grocery stores, pharmacies, restaurants for take out and deliver only, gas stations and hospitals were open. Los Angeles was a literal ghost town.

It's bizarre how different every state conducted themselves throughout the pandemic. We were on complete shut down starting mid March. Nothing but grocery stores, pharmacies, restaurants for take out and deliver only, gas stations and hospitals were open. Los Angeles was a literal ghost town.
    The difference is your governor compared to mine and Puzz's governor.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    The difference is your governor compared to mine and Puzz's governor.
    Exactly. We NEVER had a state wide shut down or mask mandate. The city I live in the suburbs of closed down, kind of sort of for a little while (with such good effects) that the Trumpies of whom we have many were even more convinced that it was a hoax and managed to force things back open. The states let the state universities impose some fairly strict mask and social distance guild lines that worked pretty well for our campus because scientists and engineers believe in things like science. We did a lot of remote classes and alternate schedules. The kids schools closed for a couple of weeks in March and April and were back at least part time in person before the end of last spring. We were playing basketball etc. by start of the season last fall. Now the gov is screaming no Vax Passports... no no no don't take our freedum to spread the plague. We had the motor cycle rally with no attempt to shut down bars, etc.,

RBW is right our governors had very different reactions to the pandemic. But that does make sense in a way. It took the pandemic a loooong time to really get here

This article from last May tells some of the story. Covid was seen (by the wildly optimistic opposed to science folks) as a problem that like traffic jams and road rage was a problem of the big cities. We're, if not immune, at least unlikely to suffer like those folks who ride mass transit to work and live in buildins with more people than we have in whole towns. One can understand that. This article from May 2020 points at in a little https://abcnews.go.com/US/tale-pande...ry?id=70290692

And eventually, when things did get bad, Trump and his folks had so poisoned the well that none of the Rs who run the place were willing to stop drinking the Pinesol and do the things that would have helped. Hell, even now we are so under the spell that we won't discipline coaches who disregarded the very minor precautions the schools put in place.

It didn't get bad here until October. And by then people were sick of hearing about it, most people didn't know anybody who got sick or died unless it was great Aunt Esther in the nursing home, and she was old and sick and gonna die soon anyway. Or one of those foreigners who worked at a meat packing plant, all packed together, and everyone knows they don't know anything about healthy living. Or maybe Charlie Little Wolf. And well everybody knows that those "ethnic" types are more susceptible and so, we managed bit by bit to build up a truly impressive per capita total

And then Winter came.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...l-covid-masks/

And by Feb, here we are.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sanfrancisc..._south_dakota/
    Last edited by puzzld; 05-08-2021 at 07:47 AM.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

I stand by my belief that if idiot in chief had implemented a strict 3 week shut down of the entire country in January that we would have avoided all of this mess and so many would still be alive. Restricted travel in from other countries with strict quarantines. We could be New Zealand, but we just had to have a moron in charge.

I stand by my belief that if idiot in chief had implemented a strict 3 week shut down of the entire country in January that we would have avoided all of this mess and so many would still be alive. Restricted travel in from other countries with strict quarantines. We could be New Zealand, but we just had to have a moron in charge.
    It sure would have helped. I think it was easier for New Zealand given smaller population, but we certainly should have been able to contain things. And the sick thing is the moron knew it was going to be bad and he thought acting was worse than just letting it 'wash' over the country.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    It sure would have helped. I think it was easier for New Zealand given smaller population, but we certainly should have been able to contain things. And the sick thing is the moron knew it was going to be bad and he only thought of the economy and how shutting down businesses for 3 weeks would make large corporations lose money and by doing so only made them lose even more since it ended up shutting down businesses for a year instead.
    Fixed.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 05-08-2021 at 09:12 AM.

Thread Information