Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes I just need a pick me up to start my day-Feel good stories

https://www.wesh.com/article/custome...shing/36306467

'It just made my day': Diner owner gets unexpected payment, note from customer who dined and dashed

When a man intentionally dined and dashed at a diner in Anchorage, Alaska, eight months ago, the restaurant owners never expected to hear from him again.
    Advertisement

But this week, he returned to pay his tab and gave them a heartwarming note.

"When he was done eating, he left a note, and ah, it's pretty cool," Andy Kriner, owner of Kriner's Diner, told KTUU. "Haven't seen anything like this in my 35 years I've been — 35 or 40 years I've been in the restaurant business."

The customer, who did not identify himself, wrote: "Dear Mr. Kriner, when I was stuck in my addiction, I ate here last September, I left without paying. I'm truly sorry and regret my past actions. I understand if you are mad. I'm currently in recovery and have over seven and a half months 100% clean and sober. Please accept this money, good day sir."

"You know, once in a while, people walk out, but I've never had anybody come back, especially with a heartfelt note like this," Kriner said. "It's just awesome."

Kriner and his wife, Norann, appreciated the gesture.

"One little word of kindness goes a long way, you never know whose day your are going to make, ya know, by being nice to somebody," Kriner said. "This guy made my day, because his letter was soo heartfelt. It just made my day."

Kriner wished the anonymous customer well on his recovery journey.

"Of course I'm not mad at you, I'm proud of you," he said.

https://people.com/pets/boston-news-...es-stolen-dog/

Boston News Crew Spots and Saves Stolen Dog During Segment on the Missing Pet

A Boston news crew became the heroes of a story they were covering when they inadvertently located the suspect in a dognapping case.

According to the Cambridge Police Department, a 13-month-old German shorthaired pointer was stolen from inside a parked vehicle in Cambridge on Friday. The police tweeted about the incident on Saturday, including photos pulled from surveillance footage in their post. The authorities claim the shots show Titus walking over the Boston University bridge with a man after the alleged theft.

On Saturday afternoon, members of the local 7NEWS crew, including anchor/reporter Juliana Mazza and photojournalist John Guice, arrived at the scene of the alleged dog theft to cover the story. While filming in the neighborhood, the crew spotted Titus being walked by a man, according to WHDH.

The man was stopped by the news crew and asked about the alleged theft. In response, the man explained that the incident was a "misunderstanding."

"He was just barking in the car, and I walked past the car, and I thought it was supposed to be a dog I was dog walking," Kyle Gariepy told the crew. "It wasn't a kidnapping. It was just a simple mistake."

Believing that Gariepy's story did not add up, Mazza and her team called the police, who identified Gariepy as the suspect from the surveillance photos the Cambridge Police Department shared.

Gariepy was arrested and charged with larceny of more than $1,200, and breaking and entering into a vehicle to commit a felony, WHDH reported.

Titus, meanwhile, was returned to his owner Greg Siesczkiewicz, who was emotional upon reuniting with his beloved pup.

"I'm just glad that the person came back and I'm just glad that you guys were there," Siesczkiewicz told 7NEWS. "If anyone ever sees this who question the value of media, social media, broadcast media, this proves it."

Cambridge Police Department later confirmed Titus' rescue with a "great news update" on Twitter.

Best laugh of my day ... watch the video.

Drunk dude mistakenly breaks into Airbnb rented by 3 cops

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...hlm-story.html

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news...out&li=BBnbfcL

One man found 62 resumes in the trash, fixed them, and got 14 people hired

That seems to be the lesson of the story from Kak? D'Avila , a young man in Brazil who went viral on social media for his perseverance.

D'Avila, who serves as a councilor in the city of Porto Alegre, Brazil, found 62 resumes in the trash and instead of throwing them away, decided to distribute them to local businesses. Surprisingly, in this way, he got 14 people employed.

According to the Brazilian portal Virtz.r7 , this story began in 2019 when D'Avila decided to repair the CVs that he found in the garbage to distribute them, however, the story went viral this weekend.

"If you are going through a difficult time, DON'T LOSE YOUR FAITH, EVERYTHING WILL BE GOOD!" Kaka put in a post on Instagram.

According to Kaka himself, he rewrote several of the CVs because they were badly damaged and placed them in a box which he named "CV jeweler." With that box in hand, D'Avila visited several local businesses where he knew there were vacancies. Thus he managed to find employment for 14 people .

D'Avila pointed out in an Instagram post that it was a shame that recruiters had thrown away people's resumes like this, as they had not only rejected their aspirations, but also exposed personal data such as home addresses and telephone numbers.

Just found out Mom's ggrandson is going to be a Daddy. Her first GGgrandson. Exciting for her, for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Just found out Mom's ggrandson is going to be a Daddy. Her first GGgrandson. Exciting for her, for sure.
    Awwww!

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Awwww!
    Kind of blew my away, how can he be old enough, Dex is 25 so yeah. When did that happen?
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Kind of blew my away, how can he be old enough, Dex is 25 so yeah. When did that happen?
    Too quickly.

Congrats on her seeing her first Great Grandson! Not everyone gets to say that so it's a big deal
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Too quickly.

Congrats on her seeing her first Great Grandson! Not everyone gets to say that so it's a big deal
    Even bigger. Great Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    OMG that is SO sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    OMG that is SO sweet!
    it. We miss our golden (Marlow) so much. Though he has been gone for five years we still talk about him all the time. What a sweet baby he was.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Family/si...ry?id=69285077

Single dad adopts 13-year-old who was abandoned 2 years earlier at hospital

A 13-year-old boy who was abandoned by his parents has found a forever home.

On Nov. 12, Tony Mutabazi was adopted by his foster dad, Peter Mutabazi in Charlotte, North Carolina. Tony had been in the foster care system since the age of 2, and at the age of 4, Tony was adopted by a couple in Oklahoma. No details are known about his birth parents.

"He's the nicest, smartest kid I've ever had," Mutabazi told "Good Morning America." "From day one, he's always called me 'dad.' He truly meant it and he looks up to me. He's proud to show me at school and say, 'Hey, he's my dad.' That's something that I love about him."

When he was 11, Tony's adopted parents left him at a hospital and never returned, according to Mutabazi and foster care worker Jessica Ward.

"He asked if his parents were coming to get him and they said no," Mutabazi said. "[We have] no idea why."

On Jan. 16, 2018, Muatbazi received a call from Ward asking if he could take Tony for the weekend.

Mutabazi, who's been a foster parent for three years, said he was originally supposed to have Tony stay at his home for the two days. But then he learned Tony's story.

"By that time, I was crying. I thought, 'Who would do that?'" Mutabazi said. "Once I knew the parents' rights were signed off and he had nowhere to go, I [knew] I had to take him."

Tony and Mutabazi have been together ever since.

Mutabazi, who grew up in Uganda, said he ran away from his abusive home at the age of 10 and found a parent figure who guided him through school.
    Dad's IG: https://www.instagram.com/fosterdadf...c-0963c9adf6c0

Super dad runs marathon pushing quintuplets

High “five” to this dad! Idaho father Chad Kempel ran a marathon while pushing his quintuplets in a stroller, earning a Guinness World Record. Watch his incredible journey across the finish line here.

https://nypost.com/video/super-dad-r...g-quintuplets/

Man with Alzheimer’s proposes to his wife — she was ‘over the moon’ to marry him again

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...sjq-story.html

A 56-year-old Connecticut man battling early Alzheimer’s proposed to his wife of 12 years and she was thrilled to relive the magic with him.

NBC News reports that Peter Marshall, inspired by a wedding scene he saw on TV in December, asked his spouse, Lisa Marshall, if she would be his bride.

“Let’s do it,” Peter said to Lisa, 54.

She wasn’t sure what he meant. When Lisa asked “Do what?” her husband pointed to the TV and she asked him, “Do you want to get married?”

Indeed he did. According to Lisa, Peter didn’t know they were already married, but loves his “favorite person” enough to ask her to stick with him through sickness and in health even now.

“I’m the luckiest girl in the world,” she tearfully said. “I get to do it twice.”

It helped that Lisa’s daughter is a wedding planner. She shared the romantic story with vendors who reportedly contributed gratis goods and services to make the magical day happen. On April 26, the lovebirds renewed their vows in front of family, friends and a dementia expert, who officiated the ceremony.

“There wasn’t a dry eye,” Lisa told NBC. “I was over the moon.”

She also said she hadn’t seen Peter this happy in a while. Lisa said that at their second wedding, her husband whispered into her ear, “Thank you for staying.”

According to the Guardian, Peter, who was diagnosed with early Alzheimer’s in 2018, has seen his condition worsen since his second wedding to Lisa. Lisa acknowledged that the day may come when her husband moves to a full-time care facility, though for now, he’s getting by with the help of an adult daycare program.

“When the bus brings him back home each day, we’ll sit on the porch for an hour and hold hands,” she said.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    Man with Alzheimer’s proposes to his wife — she was ‘over the moon’ to marry him again

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...sjq-story.html

A 56-year-old Connecticut man battling early Alzheimer’s proposed to his wife of 12 years and she was thrilled to relive the magic with him.

NBC News reports that Peter Marshall, inspired by a wedding scene he saw on TV in December, asked his spouse, Lisa Marshall, if she would be his bride.

“Let’s do it,” Peter said to Lisa, 54.

She wasn’t sure what he meant. When Lisa asked “Do what?” her husband pointed to the TV and she asked him, “Do you want to get married?”

Indeed he did. According to Lisa, Peter didn’t know they were already married, but loves his “favorite person” enough to ask her to stick with him through sickness and in health even now.

“I’m the luckiest girl in the world,” she tearfully said. “I get to do it twice.”

It helped that Lisa’s daughter is a wedding planner. She shared the romantic story with vendors who reportedly contributed gratis goods and services to make the magical day happen. On April 26, the lovebirds renewed their vows in front of family, friends and a dementia expert, who officiated the ceremony.

“There wasn’t a dry eye,” Lisa told NBC. “I was over the moon.”

She also said she hadn’t seen Peter this happy in a while. Lisa said that at their second wedding, her husband whispered into her ear, “Thank you for staying.”

According to the Guardian, Peter, who was diagnosed with early Alzheimer’s in 2018, has seen his condition worsen since his second wedding to Lisa. Lisa acknowledged that the day may come when her husband moves to a full-time care facility, though for now, he’s getting by with the help of an adult daycare program.

“When the bus brings him back home each day, we’ll sit on the porch for an hour and hold hands,” she said.
    Sigh. This is beautiful.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

Polish Olympian sold silver medal to raise money for infant’s surgery

https://nypost.com/2021/08/18/olympi...fants-surgery/

A Polish javelin thrower who won silver in the Tokyo Olympics auctioned off her medal for $125,000 to help a baby in her country get life-saving heart surgery in the US – and the winner rewarded her kindness by letting her keep it, according to a report.

Five days after her second-place finish, Maria Andrejczyk, 25, announced on Facebook that she decided to sell her medal to raise funds for 8-month-old Miloszek Malysa, who has to travel to California to undergo the surgery at Stanford University Medical Center.

The altruistic athlete, a cancer survivor who didn’t know the infant, wrote that she acted after reading his parents’ pleas online, Yahoo Sports reported.

“Miłoszek has a serious heart defect, he needs an operation,” Andrejczyk wrote in Polish, according to Google Translate. “He also has support from above from Kubuś — a boy who did not make it on time, but wonderful people decided to donate his funds to Miłoszek.

“And this is how I want to help too. It is for him that I am auctioning off my Olympic silver medal,” she added.

Andrejczyk wrote that Miloszek needed 1.5 million zlotys — about $385,000 — to cover the costs of his transportation to the US and treatment.

She wrote that half the amount had already been raised by a family fundraiser and that her goal along with Małysa’s mom was to raise the other half through the Olympic auction.

Andrejczyk — who came in fourth in the 2016 Rio Olympics — was diagnosed in 2018 with osteosarcoma, a cancer that forms in the cells that form bones, according to Yahoo Sports.

She required surgery, but not chemotherapy and was able to resume training for the Tokyo Games in 2019.

On Aug. 6, she won the silver with a throw of 64.61 meters, behind China’s gold-medal winner Shiying Liu, whose javelin flew 66.34 meters.

“The true value of a medal always remains in the heart. A medal is only an object, but it can be of great value to others. This silver can save lives, instead of collecting dust in a closet. That is why I decided to auction it to help sick children,” Andrejczyk told a Polish TV station, the Times of London reported.

On Monday, Andrejczyk announced on Facebook that a Polish convenience store chain made the winning bid.

“We have the winner of the auction!” she wrote. “On Friday I received this wonderful information, and due to the fact that you dears have already done wonders and joint forces have paid more than the equivalent of the initial medal to the Miłoszek account — I decided to end the auction so that our Miłoszek will receive the whole amount as soon as possible and can fly to the USA.”

She added: “The winner, and at the same time, the company I will be eternally grateful to is the company Zabka.”

The company then made its own announcement on Facebook.

“We were moved by the beautiful and extremely noble gesture” made by Andrejczyk, Zabka wrote. “We also decided that the silver medal from Tokyo will stay with Ms. Maria.”

Another Pole, Piotr Malachowksi, also sold the silver medal he won in Rio to pay for a boy’s surgery for eye cancer. A billionaire paid for the medal and the operation, according to the Times of London.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    Polish Olympian sold silver medal to raise money for infant’s surgery

https://nypost.com/2021/08/18/olympi...fants-surgery/

A Polish javelin thrower who won silver in the Tokyo Olympics auctioned off her medal for $125,000 to help a baby in her country get life-saving heart surgery in the US – and the winner rewarded her kindness by letting her keep it, according to a report.

Five days after her second-place finish, Maria Andrejczyk, 25, announced on Facebook that she decided to sell her medal to raise funds for 8-month-old Miloszek Malysa, who has to travel to California to undergo the surgery at Stanford University Medical Center.

The altruistic athlete, a cancer survivor who didn’t know the infant, wrote that she acted after reading his parents’ pleas online, Yahoo Sports reported.

“Miłoszek has a serious heart defect, he needs an operation,” Andrejczyk wrote in Polish, according to Google Translate. “He also has support from above from Kubuś — a boy who did not make it on time, but wonderful people decided to donate his funds to Miłoszek.

“And this is how I want to help too. It is for him that I am auctioning off my Olympic silver medal,” she added.

Andrejczyk wrote that Miloszek needed 1.5 million zlotys — about $385,000 — to cover the costs of his transportation to the US and treatment.

She wrote that half the amount had already been raised by a family fundraiser and that her goal along with Małysa’s mom was to raise the other half through the Olympic auction.

Andrejczyk — who came in fourth in the 2016 Rio Olympics — was diagnosed in 2018 with osteosarcoma, a cancer that forms in the cells that form bones, according to Yahoo Sports.

She required surgery, but not chemotherapy and was able to resume training for the Tokyo Games in 2019.

On Aug. 6, she won the silver with a throw of 64.61 meters, behind China’s gold-medal winner Shiying Liu, whose javelin flew 66.34 meters.

“The true value of a medal always remains in the heart. A medal is only an object, but it can be of great value to others. This silver can save lives, instead of collecting dust in a closet. That is why I decided to auction it to help sick children,” Andrejczyk told a Polish TV station, the Times of London reported.

On Monday, Andrejczyk announced on Facebook that a Polish convenience store chain made the winning bid.

“We have the winner of the auction!” she wrote. “On Friday I received this wonderful information, and due to the fact that you dears have already done wonders and joint forces have paid more than the equivalent of the initial medal to the Miłoszek account — I decided to end the auction so that our Miłoszek will receive the whole amount as soon as possible and can fly to the USA.”

She added: “The winner, and at the same time, the company I will be eternally grateful to is the company Zabka.”

The company then made its own announcement on Facebook.

“We were moved by the beautiful and extremely noble gesture” made by Andrejczyk, Zabka wrote. “We also decided that the silver medal from Tokyo will stay with Ms. Maria.”

Another Pole, Piotr Malachowksi, also sold the silver medal he won in Rio to pay for a boy’s surgery for eye cancer. A billionaire paid for the medal and the operation, according to the Times of London.
    What a beautiful lady she is.

I believe this is her FB: https://www.facebook.com/javvGIRL

Wisconsin waiter surprised with $4,500 tip 2 days after receiving homophobic message on tip-less check

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...3j4-story.html

A Wisconsin waiter was surprised with a $4,500 tip, two days after a customer wrote him a homophobic message — without leaving a tip — on a check.

On Sunday, a customer received a $142.95 check after having dinner at a restaurant in Madison.

Even though the service was good, as the customer pointed out in a note, the patron decided not to leave a tip — leaving a hateful message for the server instead.

“Service was good but we don’t tip sinfull (sic) homosexuals,” the customer wrote.

Two days later, Madison resident Eric Salzwedel went to the same restaurant, requested the waiter who lost out on a tip, and surprised him with the generous tip — which was the result of collaboration of more than 200 strangers.

Salzwedel is one of the co-founders of Do Good Wisconsin, a local organization “dedicated to helping local non-profits, organizations, and teachers continue to make an impact in their community by supporting their efforts.”

He posted a photo of the two checks on social media, writing “to the folks who felt it was necessary to write this hateful note and not tip… don’t worry.”

He added that about 250 people had pitched in to “cover the tip for you.”

According to the local NBC station, Salzwedel said the waiter, who didn’t want to be publicly named, was surprised and appreciative of the show of kindness and support.

The first holy roller people need to STFU and learn how to spell.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 08-19-2021 at 02:27 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Long story, so I will just link...but this made me smile.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/n...ers/index.html

The strangers who fell in love when 9/11 diverted their flight

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Long story, so I will just link...but this made me smile.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/n...ers/index.html

The strangers who fell in love when 9/11 diverted their flight
    That is so sweet. Something good came from all of that tragedy.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/steve-h...cut-daffodils/

A husband's love for his wife lives on in a field of 40,000 daffodils

Redding, Connecticut — For many, it's a mystery that blooms anew every spring. A field of daffodils — far too many to be growing by chance and far too beautiful to not stop and stroll — seems randomly set along a narrow two-lane road in southwestern Connecticut.

To Patti Pavlick, the field is no mystery. Her aunt and uncle, Bud and Florence McQuade, used to own the land. Pavlick says her uncle planted the daffodils because her aunt loved them so — and because he loved her so, through 60 years of marriage.

"When I drive by, it just brings tears to my eyes because that is how I remember them," Pavlick told CBS News.

Today, there are roughly 40,000 flowers. After Florence McQuade died, dividing the bulbs to grow more flowers became Bud McQuade's annual tribute and obsession.

"That was his memory of her," Pavlick said.

Bud McQuade lived to 103, planting daffodils almost to the very end. After he died in 2019, his property went on the market. It's a prime building lot, so most thought that would be the end of it.

But neighbor Stacey Steinmetz stepped in, buying the property and the metaphor that comes with it.

"I guess, just like his love grew, the field continues to grow. You know, it's everlasting and it's expanding, so I certainly wouldn't want that to be lost," Steinmetz told CBS News.

So it stays, an eternal sign of spring and a brilliantly illustrated love story.

Pizza delivery guy saves 5 children from burning house

https://www.crimeonline.com/2022/07/...-burning-home/

Bostic rushed up the steps and helped guide Barrett and three of the children, ages 1 to 13, out of the house and to safety on the street. But Barrett’s 6-year-old sister was still trapped inside, so Bostic, whose lungs and eyes were already burning, darted back into the home and searched for the girl.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 07-20-2022 at 04:32 PM.

Thread Information