Thread: Ex-cop Stephen Broderick (41) has been accused of killing Willie Simmons III, his daughter Alyssa Broderick (16) and his wife Amanda Broderick, after being accused of sexually assaulting his daughter

Ex-cop Stephen Broderick (41) has been accused of killing Willie Simmons III, his daughter Alyssa Broderick (16) and his wife Amanda Broderick, after being accused of sexually assaulting his daughter

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/3-...ts-in-custody/

. A 41-year-old man is wanted in the fatal shooting of three people in Austin, Texas, and police officials searching the surrounding area Sunday warned residents that the suspect might take a hostage.

Interim Austin Police Chief Joseph Chacon said the suspect, Stephen Broderick, was considered armed and dangerous. He asked area residents to continue to shelter in place and to call their neighbors to check on them.

?We are concerned he might possibly take a hostage and be himself sheltered somewhere waiting for us to leave,? Chacon said during a news conference Sunday afternoon.

He said Broderick is 5 feet, 7 inches (1.7 meters) tall and Black. He was wearing a gray hoodie, sunglasses and a baseball cap. Chacon said police do not know if he?s in a vehicle or on foot.

Chacon said Broderick is suspected in the killing of two Hispanic women and one Black man. He said Broderick knew the victims but didn?t elaborate on how or provide a motive for the shootings. Chacon also said a child was involved but that the child has been located and is safe.

Brenda Torres said she was driving by when she saw a little boy flag down a car and a Black man lying facedown on the ground.

?I saw the little boy point down the street,? Torres said. ?There was someone lying on the ground. I thought someone had just fallen down or something. As my light turns green and I?m driving, I see cop car after cop car after cop car rushing toward where I just was.?

The Austin-Travis County EMS said it has received no reports of victims other than the three adults who were shot dead. EMS spokeswoman Capt. Christa Stedman said the first 911 call came in at 11:44 a.m.

Chacon said the three were not shot in a building but did not give any further details.

Images from the scene showed a large presence of emergency responders, including dozens of police cars. There were also several ambulances, two SWAT trucks and two police helicopters at the scene.

The area includes a strip mall containing several retail stores and large apartment complexes situated near wooded rolling hills.

Josh Katzowitz, who had been shopping at the nearby Trader Joe?s, said police and ambulances came ?pouring in? to the area as he was leaving. He didn?t hear any shooting.

?The cops had their guns out,? he said. ?Some had pistols, some had rifles and they were strapping on bulletproof vests. There were all of a sudden ambulances, sirens and police cars There were cops coming from everywhere.?

Police said a portion of a nearby highway would be shut down in both directions.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/cr...b-4abfe0e8353f

Update the suspect of the mass murder has been identified as Stephen Nicholas Broderick (41) a former police officer in the Austin Area who was also named as a person of interest in a child rape case

AUSTIN, Texas — Three people were killed in an "active attack" in northwest Austin Sunday morning, officials confirmed. The suspect remains at large, though police believe this is an isolated domestic situation and there is no risk to the general public.

Austin Police Department Interim Chief Joe Chacon said a 911 call came in at approximately 11:42 a.m. on April 18 for a "shoot/stab hotshot," the highest level priority call, in the area of Great Hills Trail and Rain Creek Parkway. The first officer was on scene at 11:46 a.m. At the same time, a "reverse 911 activation" was sent out to residents to let them know to shelter in place because there had been a shooting. The shelter-in-place order was lifted as of 4:45 p.m. on April 18.

KVUE's Tony Plohetski confirmed that the shooting scene was an apartment complex in the area. Austin Mayor Steve Adler tweeted that the location of the shooting was the Arboretum Oaks Apartments at 9617 Great Hills Trail.

When officers arrived, Chacon said they located three people who were injured. Austin-Travis County EMS said the individuals had suffered gunshot wounds and medics performed CPR, but all three died shortly after.

Chacon said the victims were two adult women and one adult man, but their identities have not yet been released. Initial reports were that a child was also involved in the incident in some way, but the child has been located and is safe.

The suspected shooter, who is still at large, has been tentatively identified as 41-year-old Stephen Nicholas Broderick. In a press conference at 4:45 p.m. on April 18, Chacon said the search had transitioned into a "fugitive search." He is 5 feet, 7 inches tall and was last seen wearing a gray hoodie, sunglasses and a baseball cap. Broderick is pictured below:
    Chacon confirmed in a 4:45 p.m. press conference on April 18 that Broderick was a former Travis County Sheriff's Office deputy.

Records show that Broderick has a pending felony charge for sexual assault of a child. He was booked in jail last June and was released 16 days later after posting bail, according to KVUE's partners at the Austin American-Statesman. The Travis County District Attorney’s office announced April 18 it had filed a motion to revoke that bond.

Chacon said police do not know what direction Broderick may have traveled in and they do not know if he fled in a vehicle or on foot. Authorities also don't know what sort of weapon was used or what sort Broderick may still have in his possession.

Many law enforcement officers are on the scene looking for him, both on the ground and in helicopters.

Chacon said there is concern that Broderick may take a hostage and may be sheltered somewhere himself, waiting for law enforcement to leave. Chacon stressed that the danger of the situation is still high, however, it is believed that Broderick knew the victims and targeted them.

As of 5 p.m., the scene remains active, though it is no longer considered an "active shooter" scene.

ATCEMS said around 1:30 p.m. that any 911 calls for medical response in the immediate vicinity will be handled by a medic in an alternate response model other than an ambulance and delays may occur.

Anyone with any information is urged to call 911. Agencies assisting with this investigation include APD, the Austin Fire Department, ATCEMS, the local chapter of the FBI, the Texas Department of Public Safety and the Round Rock Police Department. The APD is offering $1,000 for information leading to arrest of Broderick. Tipsters can remain anonymous. Call 512-974-TIPS (8477) or email homicide.apd@austintexas.gov.

City Councilmember Alison Alter, who represents northwest Austin, released a statement on Twitter saying in part, "We await more details, but common sense gun violence prevention is possible & it is necessary. Prayers are not enough. We need state/federal leaders to treat gun violence like the public health crisis it is."

Travis County District Attorney Jos? Garza released the following statement regarding the homicides:

“My heart breaks for the victims of this senseless act of violence and their families,” said District Attorney Jos? Garza. “Our office has been clear that acts of violence committed in our community will not be tolerated. I am grateful to the courageous members of our law enforcement community who are actively working to bring Mr. Broderick into custody. When he is apprehended, he will be held accountable.”

Travis County Sheriff Sally Hernandez said she was "shocked and saddened by this horrific news."

"The Travis County Sheriff’s Office stands ready to assist the Austin Police Department and the families impacted by this tragedy in any way we can," she said.

Austin Mayor Steve Adler released this statement:

"My heart and thoughts are with the family and other survivors of yet another incident of gun-related domestic violence that left three residents dead in Northwest Austin. Today’s tragic events are yet another illustration of the gun violence epidemic plaguing our nation and underscore that our state and US Senate leaders must do better. We must learn from today’s events to prevent another gun death at the hand of an abuser. We must do even better. Just this year in Austin, we put $2 million of the city’s budget towards family violence shelters and over $500,000 for survivor counselors because like cities all across the nation we have seen an increase in violent domestic crimes in recent years. While we wait for the details from today to unfold, I urge residents to remain safe.”

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    This is the one I was referring to in the other post. The tweet I saw from a trusted source claims that the shooter may be a former police officer and this is a domestic dispute.

Still waiting for the day where women being murdered over domestic violence is being taken seriously. This is at LEAST the third within a week posted on here and that's not including the douchebag in Orange County CA that took out a ton of people in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/3-de...still-at-large

Update now a former cop has been detained for the mass shooting

AUSTIN, Texas - A manhunt has ended after a suspect was taken into custody early this morning. The man is the suspect in a shooting in Northwest Austin near the Arboretum left three dead.

Manor Police Department Chief Ryan Phipps says they arrested 41-year-old Stephen Broderick just before 8 a.m. this morning. Phipps says two people called police saying there was a suspicious person walking in the 12300 block of Old Kimbro Road.

Phipps says police sent an unmarked vehicle to confirm the identification of Broderick and marked units were sent when Broderick's identity was confirmed.

Broderick was ordered to stop by officers and police say he complied without incident.

Police had been looking for Broderick and had expanded their efforts to outside Austin and classified it as a "fugitive" search. Broderick allegedly shot and killed 3 people, targeting them in the attack.

Officials believe it was a domestic dispute and say Broderick knew the victims but have not officially confirmed how. Elgin Independent School District released a statement confirming that two of the victims were Elgin ISD students, one a senior at Elgin High School and the other a former student.

Throughout the day on April 17, law enforcement searched by air, and by foot trying to locate Broderick. But by late afternoon, said they had exhausted all their efforts.

"I don't want anyone to think we are packing up and going home," Chacon said, "We are going to continue to look for this individual because he continues to pose a threat to this community."

Police also say a child was involved but was taken to safety. It is unknown at this time what the nature of the child's involvement was.

The Travis County Sheriff's Office confirmed that Broderick used to be one of its deputies. TCSO Sheriff Sally Hernandez released a statement after Broderick's arrest saying:

"I’m truly heartbroken that a former Travis County Sheriff’s Office Deputy is the suspect in such a horrific incident. TCSO is standing by to provide any, and all assistance we can to the families of the victims in their time of need. I’m proud of the integrity and professionalism shown by the men and women of TCSO, APD and other law enforcement agencies, who worked tirelessly throughout the night to locate Stephen Broderick. I’m especially grateful to the vigilant citizen who called 911 after seeing Broderick, and to the Manor PD officers and TCSO deputies who took him into custody this morning."

Reports show that he is accused of sexually assaulting a child in June of 2020. Broderick was initially released on a $50,000 bond for this incident.

Sunday, the Travis County District Attorney’s office says it filed a motion to revoke that bond.
    Witnesses tell FOX 7 Austin that they saw the moments right after the incident.

"As I was driving on the other side of the street I saw a little boy flag down a car," said Brenda Torres. "The car stopped the little boy points down the street and I look to where the little boy is pointing and there is a man lying on the ground"

75 FBI agents were on scene assisting and said they will continue to help the Austin Police Department in any way that they can.

"Anything that the chief needs to make sure Austin is safe, we will be here as long as the chief needs us," said Christopher Combs, FBI special agent Austin.

"My heart breaks for the victims of this senseless act of violence and their families," said District Attorney Jos? Garza in a statement Sunday.

"Our office has been clear that acts of violence committed in our community will not be tolerated. I am grateful to the courageous members of our law enforcement community who are actively working to bring Mr. Broderick into custody. When he is apprehended, he will be held accountable."

"Unfortunately, it’s just another day in America," Torrez says. She was on her way to the Domain when she saw a child flagging down cars for help. She says she never expected an active shooter situation to happen near where she lives.

Chacon said what happened Sunday was a tragedy. Three people lost their lives and that they are doing all that they can to get Broderick into custody as quickly as possible.

"We are going to do the very best investigation that we can and get this person into custody and hopefully with no further loss of life," Chacon said.

Update Willie Simmons III and Alyssa Broderick are named as Victims killed in the Austin Mass Shooting.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/elgi...ooting-victims

AUSTIN, Texas - Elgin Independent School District says a former Elgin ISD student and a current Elgin High School senior were two of the victims in the April 18 deadly shooting in Northwest Austin.

Elgin ISD Superintendent Dr. Jodi Duron said in a statement that Willie Simmons III and Alyssa Broderick were killed in the shooting near the Arboretum that left three people dead.

Broderick was "an excellent student and athlete" and an Elgin ISD student in the Early College High School program from 2009 to October 2020 before withdrawing. She also played girls' basketball.

Simmons III was an Elgin High School senior and "an exceptional young man and leader among his peers. Strong, both academically and athletically, he represented the very best of Elgin ISD." He was the captain of the football team and was recruited to play football for the University of North Texas.

The district says it has counselors and trained professionals available via in person/virtually to assist students, staff, and families during this time.

The full statement is as follows:

We are heartbroken by the news of this senseless tragedy, and we extend our deepest condolences to the families of Willie Simmons III and Alyssa Broderick.
    Although

Alyssa withdrew from Elgin ISD back in the fall, she was an Elgin ISD student from 2009 to October 2020. She was an excellent student and athlete, enrolled in our Early College High School program and played on our girls’ basketball team.

Willie was a senior at Elgin High School. He was an exceptional young man and leader among his peers. Strong, both academically and athletically, he represented the very best of Elgin ISD. He was the Captain of our football team; a friend to everyone he met; and most recently, recruited to play football for the University of North Texas.

The Elgin ISD community grieves the loss of these two young, promising souls.

In response to this tragedy, the district will have counselors and trained professionals available via in person and/or virtually to assist students, staff, and families in this time of grief.

Dr. Jodi Duron, Elgin ISD Superintendent

The third victim in the shooting, a woman, has not been officially identified at this time.

Authorities say they have taken 41-year-old Stephen Broderick into custody. Manor Police Department Chief Ryan Phipps says they arrested Broderick just before 8 a.m. this morning. Phipps says two people called police saying there was a suspicious person walking on Old Kimbro Road.

Phipps says police sent an unmarked vehicle to confirm the identification of Broderick and marked units were sent when Broderick's identity was confirmed.

Broderick was ordered to stop by officers and police say he complied without incident.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/19/texas-...d-victims-idd/

Update a third victim of the mass shooting has been identified as Amanda Broderick the Ex-Wife the mass shooter/rapist. Also in the allegations one of the dead victims accused Former Deputy Broderick of rape.

The three people allegedly gunned down by a former sheriff’s detective in Austin, Texas, were his wife, teen daughter and her high school football star boyfriend, according to reports.

Alyssa Broderick and Willie Simmons III, a standout linebacker who had signed with the University of North Texas, were identified Monday by the Elgin Independent School District, KXAN reported.

The girl’s mother, Amanda Broderick, also was killed in the attack Sunday, according to 13WHAM reporter Kris Betts, who cited Austin police.

Stephen Nicholas Broderick, 41, who was reportedly arrested on Monday, resigned from the Travis County Sheriff’s Office after being charged with and jailed for allegedly molesting a 16-year-old relative last June, the Austin American-Statesman reported.

Alyssa, who had accused her father of sexually assaulting her when she was 16, was known as a star athlete at school.
    She was an excellent student and athlete, enrolled in our Early College High School program and played on our girls’ basketball team,” Elgin schools Superintendent Jodi Duron told KXAN about Alyssa.

So his own daughter accused him of rape?

And why does it say she attended school from 2009-2020? 11 years??

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Report error most likely 2019-2020 given that the victim was 16.

Yes, she accused him of rape and then her mom filed for divorce from him after he was arrested.

2009-2020 sounds correct if she enrolled in that school district when she started kindergarten and then stayed in the same district until she was killed (5 years old-16 years old).

Also, nothing makes you look innocent like killing your accuser/daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Yes, she accused him of rape and then her mom filed for divorce from him after he was arrested.

2009-2020 sounds correct if she enrolled in that school district when she started kindergarten and then stayed in the same district until she was killed (5 years old-16 years old).

Also, nothing makes you look innocent like killing your accuser/daughter.
    Okay, I thought they meant 1 school. I was like, 11 years in high school???

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/amanda-br...erick-memorial

A Go Fund Me has been released for the victims of the Domestic Dispute/Mass Shooting in Austin, Texas

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.statesman.com/story/news...ys/7280036002/

Shooting suspect, former deputy Stephen Broderick got bail decreased, ankle monitor removed
    What the fuck. He's a rapist AND a murderer. I give up.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

https://www.statesman.com/story/news...ll/4858903001/

Willie Simmons III, (18) the deceased victim of the mass shooting/domestic dispute profile has been released.

Willie Simmons was remembered as humble, competitive and kind. The 18-year-old was a leader and had dreams of being the best linebacker in football.

But more than a week ago, his life was cut short.

Simmons, died April 18 along with his girlfriend, Alyssa Broderick, 17, and her mother, Amanda Broderick, 35, after they were shot in a Northwest Austin parking lot. Authorities have charged Alyssa’s 41-year-old stepfather, Stephen Broderick, with murder in the triple homicide that police described as domestic violence.

Austin police said Stephen Broderick was meeting his wife for a scheduled custody visit with the couple’s 10-year-old son. The boy was unharmed during the shooting and survived.
    Stephen Broderick, a former property crimes detective with the Travis County sheriff's office, remained held at the Travis County Jail on Tuesday without bail.

Simmons’ father, who shared his name with his son, said his son had gone with Alyssa to take her brother back to her mother when the shooting happened.

The younger Willie Simmons was a senior at Elgin High School, played football and was preparing to join the football team at the University of North Texas, where he was planning to study business.
    Previous coverage:Broderick family friends recall slain teenager with WNBA dreams, football player 'full of life'

On Tuesday, family and friends paid their respects to Simmons and his family with a ceremony at Mount Zion Baptist Church in East Austin.

Those in attendance, who were masked, walked up to the casket as they entered the church, many wiping away tears and letting out gentle sobs.

His football teammates, taking up several rows at the front of the church, wore their jerseys.

Jens Anderson, outgoing Elgin football coach, said Simmons was a dominant figure on the team and on the defensive line, serving as the team’s captain, which he said was a testament to Willie's dedication and leadership skills.

Football was a large part of who Simmons was, he said, but not everything.

“He was much more than a football player,” Anderson said. “He was the type of young man that every father wanted their son to be. He was committed to success. Competitive but respectful. He finished strong and would want us all to do the same.”

The elder Willie Simmons, who wore his son’s football spirit buttons on his suit jacket, said his son loved football, and he lived his life in the fourth quarter, meaning that he always wanted to “finish strong.”

As he was preparing to play football for the North Texas Mean Green, the younger Simmons wanted to be the best linebacker UNT had ever seen, his father said. Members of the team presented the Simmons family with an honorary jersey Tuesday bearing the number 9.

“I believe him,” Simmons said. “He was so excited about his future and I was proud to be his father.”

The younger Simmons' sister, Destiny, who fought back tears as she addressed the church on Tuesday, joked about how spoiled Willie was, saying their mom brought him everything, including new shoes and sunglasses.

"I wish I was a better big sister to him," she said while sobbing. "I'm really going to miss him."

Many friends and family members spoke about Willie’s work ethic, his dedication on and off the football field, and the presence he brought to their lives.

Franklin Karr, Willie’s youth pastor, said the teen was an incredible young man. He recalled the many times he would run into Willie in the neighborhood and they would talk for so long that sometimes they would stop traffic.

"It happened so often that I would look for Willie every time I went outside,” Karr said. “The attitude he bought to a room, to the field, or just playing games inside, people were just drawn to him. ... Knowing Willie has been an honor, and it stinks that he is gone. I will miss that smile and his laugh. Not having him around is going to be so hard.”

Simmons’ uncle, Chris, helped close the ceremony Tuesday preaching about grief, love, forgiveness and faith.

“Grief doesn’t discriminate,” he said. “Grief, hurt, and pain connects us all. So, I’m asking you to choose love. Choose forgiveness. Choose life. And choose Jesus. Don’t get stuck in this moment and die in this moment. I need you to live. Willie lived his life in the fourth quarter, so finish strong.”

Willie Simmons III (18) was in the process of being a college football player at the time of his death. Also Alyssa Broderick was a High School Basketball star at the time of his death.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ck/7331653002/

Apparently there is also a victim (9) who was listed as kidnapped by Stephen Broderick before he was captured by law enforcement during the mass shooting/domestic dispute.

AUSTIN ? The boy was only a few days shy of his 10th birthday on the morning that he would see his mom, his half-sister and her boyfriend alive for the last time, as they pulled into a parking lot for a scheduled supervised visit with his estranged father.

Instead of greeting his son with a hug and presents, the father rammed his vehicle into the family's car, pulled a handgun and began to fire without warning, the boy told police, forcing him to flee and seek shelter in a passing driver's car, according to court documents.

Police investigators have accused the boy's father, Stephen Broderick, 41, of shooting to death his wife, Amanda Broderick, 35; his stepdaughter, 17-year-old Alyssa Broderick; and the daughter's boyfriend, 18-year-old Willie Simmons.

As he raced away, the boy flagged down someone who was driving on a nearby road. He scrambled into her car and told her to call 911, and they drove away, an affidavit says. As he gave the witness a frantic recounting of what happened, he told her that his father was mad at his mother about their divorce.

Another woman was there at the time of the shooting, to facilitate supervised visits between the couple and their son, Stephen Broderick's arrest affidavit revealed. Amanda Broderick was supposed to pull into the parking lot on Great Hills Trail in Northwest Austin late that morning and release the boy to the supervisor.

Normally, the supervisor told detectives, she would take the boy inside and then wait for Stephen to arrive 15 minutes later for the supervised visit.

But just as she was about to pull into the parking lot, she heard what sounded like a car crash, followed by gunshots, and she saw two women lying dead on the ground and a man who was lying on the ground and struggling to breathe.

She also saw the man she recognized as Stephen Broderick walking away from the scene, the affidavit says.

Background:Austin shooting suspect got bail decreased, ankle monitor removed months after woman raised concerns

Stephen Broderick, a former property crimes detective with the Travis County sheriff's office, is charged with capital murder and is being held without bail at the Travis County Jail.

He was charged last summer with sexually assaulting a child and fired from the sheriff's office after his arrest.

After he was jailed last year, Broderick posted bail, which was set at $50,000. The courts ordered him not to contact or go within 200 feet of the child whom investigators said he assaulted. Broderick also was ordered to wear a GPS tracking device, but state District Judge Karen Sage later allowed him to remove that monitor.

In an application for a protective order after Broderick's arrest, the woman said she worried about her safety and that of the children.

"I'm afraid he will try to hurt me or (the) children, because these allegations have come out and he may lose his career," she stated. "Stephen has prior military experience and is SWAT trained. If he wanted to hurt someone, he would know how."

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    It still doesn't seem like justice has been served, but maybe that is just me.

Thread Information