Thread: Rapper swarmed by cops while driving Hummer with roof-mounted air rifle in Manhattan

Rapper swarmed by cops while driving Hummer with roof-mounted air rifle in Manhattan

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...=chartbeat-flt

Here's something else you shouldn't do if you want to avoid police attention: Don't drive an SUV in Manhattan with a bazooka bolted to the roof.

Warchyld ' a rapper whose birth name is Chris Stoney ' learned that lesson the hard way around 2 p.m. Saturday when bewildered cops swarmed his 2006 Hummer on W. 34th St. and Ninth Ave. in Midtown.

The bazooka was actually an air-powered T-shirt rifle. But the cops were the real deal.

'They told me to put my hands up,' Stoney told the Daily News. 'They thought I was a terrorist.'

'My hands were shaking and I was nervous. It felt like a scene from a Bruce Willis movie,' he said.

The Philadelphia-based rapper said he was stopped on his way to Times Square to check out his promotional billboard and film a music video.

Stoney explained to police the air rifle is designed to shoot out T-shirts to promote his brand and is a prop from his clothing company, Wardrobe by WARCHYLD.

Stoney recorded Emergency Services cops as they removed the air rifle from the vehicle.

'I'm sorry to say but the NYPD is about to confiscate my cannon off my truck,' Stoney said in the video posted to his Instagram. 'They taking it, man.'

Stoney told The News that he appreciated the care cops took removing the cannon from the Hummer. 'It was a humbling moment, where me and the law enforcement saw eye to eye,' he said.

Police told Stoney he could pick up his cannon later.

'I'm never going to the city ever again,' Stoney joked.

He'll be back soon enough. Stoney was issued a summons for unlawful possession of an air rifle, and is due to appear in Manhattan Criminal Court in July.

Thread Information