Thread: Cedric Gaston (25), Kevin Donaldson & Atkeen Stevenson killed in a mass shooting in Kenosha, WI at Somers House

Cedric Gaston (25), Kevin Donaldson & Atkeen Stevenson killed in a mass shooting in Kenosha, WI at Somers House

Been listening to this for the last hour & decided I should probably post it because it's getting very little media coverage

https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/loc...923d720e7.html

Police form a perimeter near the intersection of Sheridan Road and 12th Street in Kenosha early Sunday after unconfirmed reports of an active shooter situation in the area.

ADAM ROGAN,
    KENOSHA ? An active shooter situation was reported at around 1 a.m. Sunday at or near the Somers House tavern, 1548 Sheridan Road, Kenosha.

As of 2:30 a.m., police officers maintained a radius extending about three blocks south of Somers House.

A report on the Facebook site "Kenosha County Scanner" indicated there were several gunshot victims at Somers House, although those reports could not be immediately confirmed.

Officials at the Kenosha Police Department and Kenosha County Sheriff's Department could be reached for comment.

An officer on scene said there was an "active shooter," but no details were available. An alert from Incident Page Network stated there was an "initial report of seven victims."

Somers House is a bar popular with Carthage College students.

The state crime lab had been called in, as were law enforcement officers and first responders from throughout southeastern Wisconsin.

This report will be updated.

This is an active scene. At first I thought this was just some angry drunk barfight, but while cops had a suspect at gunpoint another 10 shots went off west of the orig scene & there's been sporadic gunfire heard since. Cops have been searching backyards etc & so far have found footprints near one home, a bloody cup from the bar at another & most recently blood on someone's backyard shed. Survivors are being bussed out of the area so family can collect them safely & the college campus is reportedly on lockdown

Here's the scanner feed

https://m.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/34274

Edit : just to clarify, I'm assuming the person they had at gunpoint was the wrong guy, not that there were multiple shooters
    Last edited by blighted star; 04-18-2021 at 12:55 AM.

3 people killed and 2 injured in shooting in Kenosha, sheriff’s department says

https://abc17news.com/news/national-...partment-says/

Three people were killed and two others injured with gunshot wounds in a shooting early Sunday morning at The Somers House Tavern in Kenosha County, Wisconsin, Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson Sgt. David Wright told CNN.

The shooting happened inside the tavern and the first call came in at 12:42 a.m., said Wright.

The two victims with gunshot wounds were taken to local hospitals with serious injuries.

The suspect in the shooting has not been located, according to Wright.

The shooting is still being investigated and there is no information on the motive at this time, Wright said.

This is a developing story and will be updated.

https://abc7chicago.com/bar-kenosha-...mass/10524839/

TWEET
    EMAIL
    MASS SHOOTING
    3 dead, 2 injured in Kenosha County bar shooting, according to officials
    By Jesse Kirsch and ABC 7 Chicago Digital Team
    Sunday, April 18, 2021 9:03AM

EMBED <>MORE VIDEOS
    No suspect has been arrested yet after a mass shooting in Kenosha, officials said.

KENOSHA, Wis. (WLS) -- Three male victims were killed from a shooting at Somers House, a bar in the Village of Somers in Kenosha County, Wis., according to officials.

The shooting took place around 12:42 a.m. in a crowded bar, Kenosha officials said.

At least two other individuals were transported to area hospitals with serious injuries.

"There's a possibility that one or two or maybe even more had minor injuries, some other injuries," said Sheriff David Beth, Kenosha County Sheriff's Department.

Two of the victims died at the scene. The third victim fled in a car with other people but later died on the way to a hospital.

The sheriff said the person responsible may have been told to leave the bar, and they returned to go on the shooting spree.

"Next thing, you know, I hear a bunch of shots going off. Got up, ran out, looked out the window. Just see people running from the bar in every direction," said Peter Ploskee, resident near bar.

Initial reports from officials said the male suspect has not been located at the time. According to Kenosha officials, the male is over six feet tall and was wearing a light-colored hooded sweatshirt.

"I didn't see nobody. Like I said, when I looked out the window, it was just chaos. People running every direction possible, so you know, who's who? Is that the guy? Is this the guy? People are just running, people screaming," Ploskee said.
    Kenosha officials believe the incident was targeted and isolated. They do not believe there is a threat to the community at the moment.

"The suspect is still at large. Suspect or suspects, we really don't know at this moment," Sheriff David Beth said.

Officials said they are looking for possibly multiple people and multiple weapons. No guns were recovered at the scene but handgun or handguns could have been used, according to the sheriff.

The bar is known as gathering place for the Carthage College community. The campus was on lockdown, according to the college website. The college received a message at 6:20 a.m. from law enforcement that said the lockdown can be lifted.

Sheridan Road is closed near the scene, and officials said the area should be avoided so Kenosha Sheriff's Department can continue its ongoing investigation.

Anyone with information regarding the incident can contact the Kenosha County Sheriff's Department at 262-605-5100 or anonymously to the Kenosha County Crime Stoppers at 262-656-7333.

https://abc7chicago.com/bar-kenosha-...mass/10524839/

. KENOSHA, Wis. (WLS) -- A person of interest has been "located" in connection to a mass shooting at a Kenosha, Wisconsin bar early Sunday that left three men dead and at least three others injured, according to police.

The shooting took place around 12:42 a.m. at the Somers House, a bar in the Village of Somers, according to the Kenosha County Sheriff's Department.

Three of the victims have been hospitalized with gunshot wounds, and police said there could be at least one other possible unknown shooting victim.

"There's a possibility that one or two, or maybe even more had, minor injuries, some other injuries," said Sheriff David Beth, Kenosha County Sheriff's Department.

As of 4 p.m. Sunday, Kenosha officials said "a person of interest has been located and will be criminally charged with (1) count of 1st-degree intentional homicide with additional criminal charges to follow pending further investigation." They also said there is no threat to the community at this time.

Two of the victims died at the scene. The third victim fled in a car with other people but later died on the way to a hospital.

The sheriff said the person responsible may have been told to leave the bar, and then returned to go on the shooting spree.

"Next thing you know, I hear a bunch of shots going off. [I] got up, ran out and looked out the window. Just see people running from the bar in every direction," said Peter Ploskee, a resident near the bar.

The shooter, who is described as a six foot tall man wearing a light-colored hooded sweatshirt, is still on the loose, according to Kenosha officials.

"I didn't see nobody. Like I said, when I looked out the window, it was just chaos. People running every direction possible, so you know, who's who? Is that the guy? Is this the guy? People are just running, people screaming," Ploskee said.

Kenosha officials believe the incident was targeted and isolated.

"The suspect is still at large. Suspect or suspects, we really don't know at this moment," Sheriff David Beth said Sunday morning.

Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers released a statement regarding the shooting.

"My heart breaks for Kenosha this morning in the wake of a shooting that took three lives and injured at least two others. I want to thank the first responders who reacted quickly and are still working to investigate and find those involved in this senseless tragedy," Gov. Evers said. "Kathy and I join Wisconsinites in hoping and praying those injured will recover from their injuries. We are thinking of the families and loved ones affected and the entire Kenosha community as they grieve and grapple with yet another tragic incident of gun violence."

Officials said they are looking for possibly multiple people and multiple weapons. No guns were recovered at the scene, but did mention that a handgun or handguns could have been used, according to the sheriff.

The bar is known as gathering place for the Carthage College community. The campus was on lockdown for a period of time Sunday morning, according to the college website, but the college received a message at 6:20 a.m. from law enforcement that said the lockdown can be lifted.

Sheridan Road is closed near the scene, and officials said the area should be avoided so Kenosha Sheriff's Department can continue its ongoing investigation.

Anyone with information regarding the incident can contact the Kenosha County Sheriff's Department at 262-605-5100 or anonymously to the Kenosha County Crime Stoppers at 262-656-7333.

https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/...-bar-shooting/

SOMERS, Wis. — Three people were killed and three others were seriously injured in a shooting early Sunday morning at Somers House Tavern in Somers, Wisconsin, according to police.

A person of interest has been located and will be charged with one count of first-degree intentional homicide, according to the Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department. Additional charges are pending further investigation.

Police say no threat remains to the community at this time.

Police said officers responded to the shooting just after 12:40 a.m. at 1548 Sheridan Road. Three people were pronounced dead at the scene, with three other gunshot victims being transported to local hospitals with serious injuries.

In an update from police, at least one possible unknown shooting victim is unaccounted for.

The names, ages and cities of residence of the victims are still unknown.

The suspect was described by police as a Black man over six feet tall wearing a light-colored hooded sweatshirt. Police said the incident appears to be targeted and isolated. Police said it was also possible that there was more than one suspect in the incident.

The Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department is asking anybody with information to call 262-605-5100 or anonymously to Kenosha County Crime Stoppers at 262-656-7333.

Apparently thats been changed to person captured in this update.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2021/04...-somers-house/

One of the victims has been identified as Cedric Gaston (25) killed in the Wisconsin Mass Shooting

SOMERS, Wis. (CBS) — Three people were killed and several more were wounded in a shooting early Sunday morning at a bar popular with college students in Kenosha County, Wisconsin.

A person of interest has been located and will be charged, authorities said.

As CBS 2’s Marissa Parra reported, the scene remained an active one more than 14 hours later. It was a complex one too, according to the Sheriff’s office – alluding to multiple crime scenes.

The shooting took place just before 1 a.m. inside the Somers House, at 1548 Sheridan Rd. in the village of Somers, and another exchange of gunfire took place outside in the street.

The Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department said late Sunday afternoon that it had learned there were six confirmed shooting victims and at least one unknown shooting victim. Three men were killed in the shooting and three more were hospitalized with gunshot wounds.

Two of those shot died on the scene of the shooting. Another tried to drive to the hospital but died on the way.

The bar is popular with students who attend nearby Carthage College. The college was placed on lockdown, but that lockdown was later been lifted.

Family late Sunday identified one of the victims who was killed as Cedric Gaston. He was a little more than two weeks away from his 25th birthday and was a regular at Somers House, family said.

His brother and the mother of his son were in shock late Sunday.

“He was messaging me last night at 11. He wanted me to drop our son off to him today. And then by 1 o’clock, I was hearing that he was dead,” said Katrina Haun. “They took my best friend away from me. My son has to grow up without a dad.”

“He was very loved, lovable – he loved his kids. He loved his nieces and nephews. He loved his girl,” said the victim’s brother, Cartier Gaston.

Cartier Gaston said all of the victims were friends.

The identities of the suspect and the other two victims have not been released. But we have seen several neighbors who live nearby laying flowers and trying to piece together what happened.

“Pretty close to midnight, I’d just crawled into bed,” said witness and neighbor Peter Ploskee. “Next thing you know, I hear just a bunch of shots going off.”

Those shots, of course, claimed three lives. The chaos of the moment was vaguely captured from afar on Ploskee’s Ring doorbell camera.

Flashes of light seen at the top right of the doorbell camera video are from gunshots, according to Ploskee.

“Look out the window and just see people running from the bar in every direction; people screaming,” he said.

Ploskee was witnessing from across the street what witnesses like Heidi Wittwer were experiencing from inside.

“All I saw was we were told to duck and then everyone started running, and we all just ran – very fast,” said Wittwer, a Carthage College student.

Local and state response was swift, but information about the suspect has been slow to come out.

County Sheriff David Beth said the shooting took place after a man was removed from the bar.

“At first, there was a fight that broke out between two individuals right next to the bar,” Wittwer said. “They were removed by security.”

Officials believe the shooter left and got a gun or multiple guns and returned to the bar and started shooting.

“Everything was fine for about 15 or so minutes, and then we were told to duck – there was a shooter,” Wittwer said.

Detectives and other law enforcement officers spent the day conducting interviews and collecting evidence from the crime scene – including impounding several vehicles.

The Sheriff’s office said a person of interest has been located and will be charged with one count of first-degree intentional homicide. There was no ongoing threat to the community, the Sheriff’s office said.

Meanwhile, the emotional toll from the night on those who witnessed the shooting was clear.

“I really hope people take away that they need to wake up,” Wittwer said. “I mean, this is ridiculous. There shouldn’t be shootings at a college bar.”

Identities of the remaining victims had not been released late Sunday because the Sheriff’s office said they have had trouble contacting the victims’ family members.

Anyone with information was asked to call the Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department at (262) 605-5100 or make an anonymous call to the Kenosha County Crime Stoppers at 262-656-7333.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    The last tweet I saw about this from a trusted source claims that the shooter may be a former police officer (shocking, I know) and that it was likely a domestic dispute. But hey, who's counting when it's Women being killed by exes, am I right? There's only been at least three posted in here in the past week alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Now looking again, this may not even be the mass shooting I'm referring to.

Forgive me for the confusion when there's only HOW MANY in the past week?
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

From a FB post:

https://www.facebook.com/girltalkins...54694504579141

Kevin Donaldson, Cedric Gaston and Atkeen Stevenson who were all friends were shot dead while enjoying a night out at the Somers House tavern.
    The bar is a popular hangout for students from nearby Carthage College and was also the trios favorite bar to go to.
    Sheriff's officials said the suspect, who has not yet been publicly identified, was known by the three.
    The suspect was asked to leave the Somers House Tavern in the village of Somers in Kenosha County just after midnight, but then returned and opened fire killing the trio.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Now looking again, this may not even be the mass shooting I'm referring to.

Forgive me for the confusion when there's only HOW MANY in the past week?
    I understand and we had multiple police brutality allegations in the past week too. Yes all for different reasons.

https://www.fox6now.com/news/family-...avern-shooting

Kevin Donaldson and Atkeen Stevenson are ID as the other mass shooting victims in Wisconsin.
    SOMERS, Wis. - Friends and family of the victims of the Somers bar shooting said they're heartbroken to lose their loved ones -- as a neighbor's surveillance camera helps tell the story of what happened.

Many of those friends and family rushed to the scene early Sunday morning, April 18. They said The Somers House tavern was their favorite bar to go to as a way of avoiding trouble. Friends and family said it's tough to put into words just how they feel without getting a proper chance to say goodbye.

From beyond the crime-scene tape Sunday afternoon, Azriel Raasch was still processing what happened just hours earlier.

"They had no hate towards nobody," said Raasch. "They didn't hate anybody. It just sucks. It sucks because our city's falling apart."Friends and family of the victims of the Somers bar shooting say they are heartbroken to lose their loved ones as a neighbor's surveillance camera helps tell the story of what happened.

Raasch and her friends identified the three men killed as Kevin Donaldson, Cedric Gaston and Atkeen Stevenson.

"I don't know, like, how could you take somebody from his family, man?" said Sam Brantley. "Like, I don't understand, man."

"They are the most kind-hearted, kid-loving spirit," said Raasch. "It's just so hard to explain because they loved everybody, even if they didn't know you."

The shooting happened right across the street from Peter Ploskee's house just as he was going to sleep.

"Look out my window and I see gunfire going on over here," said Ploskee. "I see people running in every direction possible, people screaming, people laying on my lawn. It seems like they were kind of running around a truck taking shots at each other."

He said there's relief in knowing the Kenosha County Sheriff's Department took a person of interest into custody.

But like him, Raasch said it doesn't change what happened.

"It gives them closure to know that they're safe, but it hurts my heart to know that they're gone and he's here," said Raasch.

FOX6 News heard from other neighbors that said they were shocked to hear the gunfire but also feel like we're becoming desensitized to this type of gun violence.

https://www.wisn.com/article/kenosha...ified/36153715
    Update The Kenosha Police has identified Rakayo Vinson (24) as the accused mass shooter in Wisconsin.

3 Victims have been ID as Cedric Gaston (25), Kevin Donaldson and Atkeen Stevenson killed in the mass shooting.

KENOSHA, Wis. —
    Investigators have identified a man suspected of opening fire at a Kenosha County bar, shooting six people and killing three of them.

Kenosha County Sheriff David Beth said Rakayo Vinson, 24, was arrested Sunday afternoon.

He was held in the Kenosha County Jail on at least one count of first-degree intentional homicide.

Additional charges were expected to be filed.

The shooting happened about 12:45 a.m. Sunday at the Somers House Tavern.

Beth said he believed Vinson got into an altercation with bar staff, who asked him to leave.

Investigators believe Vinson returned to the bar and opened fire.

Six men were shot.

Two were pronounced dead at the scene.

The third died on the way to the hospital.

Friends of the victims told WISN 12 all three victims knew each other.

One woman close to the victims identified one man as Cedric Gaston.

She told WISN 12 he was her daughter's godfather and her best friend.

Deputies said three other men suffered gunshot wounds.

No other details have been released.

Anyone who may have witnessed the shooting or has information about the investigation was asked to contact the Sheriff's Department at 262-605-5100 or anonymously to Kenosha Area Crime Stoppers at 262-656-7333.

Beth was expected to hold a press conference at 1:30 p.m. to provide more information about the shooting.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-the-...5AMp7jI3YoGPgw

A gofundme has been released for the Wisconsin Mass shooting victims.

https://www.wisn.com/article/family-...ting/36168842#

KENOSHA, Wis. —
    Friends and family of the three men killed in the Somers House shooting last weekend honored the victims Monday night.

Those who knew them said all three victims were close friends and spent a lot of time at the bar.

The shooting happened about 12:45 a.m. Sunday at the Somers House Tavern.

The Kenosha County Sheriff confirmed the names and ages of the three deceased victims.

They were Cedric Gaston, 24, Atkeem Stevenson, 26, and Kevin Donaldson, 22.

All three were Kenosha residents.

Gaston's family said he was the father of a baby daughter and young son.

Stevenson was also the father of a young daughter.

Donaldson was a known rapper who went by his stage name GBG KEVO.

Investigators identified Rakayo Vinson, 24, of Racine, as the man suspected of opening fire at the Kenosha County bar, shooting six people and killing three of them.

Kenosha County Sheriff David Beth said Vinson, a Racine resident, was arrested Sunday afternoon.

Kenosha County District Attorney Michael Graveley said the gunfire was the result of a minor shoulder-to-shoulder run-in inside the packed Somers House Tavern.

Graveley said Vinson was punched and then returned to the bar with a gun.

Edward Graves lives in one of the units above Somers House and was home during the shooting.

"I just heard a bunch of gunshots and I knew they weren’t fireworks, so I just stayed upstairs," Graves said. "I didn't want to get shot or anything, because the guy was just unloading a number of bullets and reloaded too, he put another clip in the firearm."

Friends paid their respects on Monday at a growing memorial across the street.

"Now I gotta wake up and not see my friends. At this point, I'm never coming to this place again. Somers House will never be the same without Cedric and (Atkeem)," said Deandre Dixon, a friend of the three killed.

About 10 minutes away from the bar, friends and family of the victims gathered at Columbus Park to honor their memory.

"All they did was crack jokes, make you laugh, always want to dance, everything," said Porche Bennett-Bey, a Kenosha activist and Gaston's cousin.

Bennett-Bey said Gaston and Stevenson were particularly close friends.

"You couldn’t separate them two. You could never. That was Ren and Stimpy, yin and yang, salt and pepper," Bennett-Bey said. "You couldn’t separate our boys. That’s the crazy part. The fact that we couldn't separate them in life and now look, we couldn’t even separate them in death."

Gaston's twin brother, Cartier, said all three of the victims, his brother especially, lit up any room they walked into.

"I'll never forget about none of this stuff. He was my bet friend, my better half, my twin," Gaston said.

A GoFundMe account to help pay for funeral expenses for the three killed has already garnered more than $2,000.

Vinson appeared virtually Monday afternoon for a bond hearing.

A court commissioner ordered he be held on $4 million cash.

$4M bond set for Kenosha County tavern shooting suspect charged with killing 3

https://madison.com/news/local/crime...a086953a1.html

Rakayo Vinson, accused of the murder of three men at the Somers House tavern early Sunday morning, was formally charged Wednesday afternoon with three counts of first-degree intentional homicide and three counts of attempted first-degree intentional homicide.

Vinson, 24, is alleged to have shot and killed Cedric Gaston, 24; Atkeem Stevenson, 26; and Kevin Donaldson, 22, all of Kenosha, after a fist fight in the tavern and of shooting and injuring three other men at the bar.

“They are incredibly serious (charges), nothing short of a tragedy here,” Kenosha County Court Commissioner Larry Keating said as he set Vinson’s bond at $4 million. “It is another example of senseless gun violence that destroys life.”

Vinson was arrested Sunday in Racine County hours after the shooting at Somers House, 1548 Sheridan Road.

He had been held on a temporary bond of $4 million until his initial appearance Wednesday.

According to the criminal complaint, Gaston and Stevenson were shot during a confrontation on the tavern’s patio. Donaldson was shot outside the bar after exchanging gunfire with Vinson.

While investigators continued to work the scene of a shooting at Somers House Tavern, neighbors reacted with shock, sadness and concern to the shooting that left three dead.

The complaint states that Vinson had been in a fight in the bar before the shooting and his face had been injured. During his bond hearing Monday, Vinson exhibited facial injuries and his eye was swollen. The complaint states that the owner of the bar told investigators that around midnight, a person he later identified as Vinson had been in a fight and that he had kicked some of the people involved in the fight out of the bar. He had then taken Vinson into the bathroom and then onto the patio area of the bar “where (the owner) attempted to calm Vinson down.”

The bar owner said he directed a man to watch Vinson and went to check whether the others who had fought with Vinson had left the area.

The man asked to watch Vinson told investigators that Vinson was bleeding from the nose. According to the complaint, the man told investigators, “Cedric Gaston and Atkeem Stevenson, whom he knows, walked up to Vinson, the defendant, in an aggressive manner and they said, ‘What’s up?’ Vinson answered, ‘You know what’s up’ and pulled out a gun.”

The man said Vinson, armed with a .40-caliber handgun, shot Gaston, who ran to the right, and Stevenson ran to the left as Vinson continued shooting, the complaint said.

As Vinson continued firing, he shot the man who had been watching him and shot two other men who had been nearby on the patio. The man said he had never seen Vinson before the shooting occurred.

Fled across Sheridan
    The complaint states that Vinson jumped the fence from the patio area — dropping his wallet with his identification and leaving it behind — and ran east across Sheridan Road.

The complaint states that a person later identified as Donaldson is seen on video running across Sheridan to an area where cars were parked across the street from the tavern. The video shows Vinson firing his weapon to the north and shows Donaldson emerging from behind a vehicle and firing two shots. It appears from the video that Donaldson was then shot by Vinson, according to the complaint.

Donaldson, then injured, crosses Sheridan west back to the tavern, where he jumps in a vehicle and is driven away. Donaldson, who had been shot in the chest and abdomen, was later pronounced dead at the hospital.

According to the complaint, Gaston was found dead near the front entrance of the bar, a gunshot wound to the chest. Stevenson, who had been shot four times, was dead on the patio.

The man who had been watching Vinson was shot in the chest. Another man was shot in the elbow, and the third man was shot in the abdomen. A witness who had been with two of the men who were shot and survived said he saw a man later identified as Vinton turn toward them and begin shooting and said “he had no idea why the guy was shooting at them.”

‘Substantial video evidence’
    Kenosha County District Attorney Michael Graveley said there was “substantial video evidence” in the case and multiple witnesses and said Vinson was the sole gunman “who essentially opened fire in a very crowded area of a crowded bar.”

Defense attorney Kristyne Watson said there are indications in the criminal complaint that Vinson was defending himself. Although he is listed on the criminal complaint as a Kenosha resident, Watson said he lives in Racine and said has been working as a machine operator.

“It certainly seems to be not disputed that there was an assault on Mr. Vinson,” said Watson, who said the complaint appears to show “there was an attempt to engage him again in some kind of physical dispute.”

Keating said questions of self-defense would be trial issues.

Vinson will next appear in court for a preliminary hearing May 5.

Thread Information